• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Okay so this has no relevance to anything but my bottle of dr. pepper had one side dented in and it just decided to pop back out in the loudest way possible and I about had a heart attack.

This changes everything.

Okay so this has no relevance to anything but my bottle of dr. pepper had one side dented in and it just decided to pop back out in the loudest way possible and I about had a heart attack.

image.php

Ozium

um there was a topic about this on gaming side and I had asked in here about it and all I got was a snide comment by Arthea

this was days ago

i see how it fucking is

oh nothing, you just whine about spoilers so much i figured i probably inadvertedly did something spoiler related to upset you

nope, just regular badass

like in the picture

The picture looks heavily inspired by The Kid from Bastion, so I'm just assuming you agree with me then.

And I don't care about League in the slighest; besides, even if I did, there's not really any story there for a "single player" experience... so even if I did care, I'm pretty sure you could talk all you like about it without worry.

Sorceress is really fun to play, but you should really play New Vegas with a female character at least once.

All 3 of the females in Dragon's Crown are great. I found the males to be lacking -- mostly the Dwarf and Fighter.

What's so special about a female character in New Vegas -- I'm doing it now, but haven't really noticed something that seems based on my gender yet?

Where is Windows Phone app, Valve?

Windows Phone? Didn't that die with the Zune?

Yeah I only recently got a Android phone and tablet after having only a Windows Phone and no official steam app on there kinda sucked. I don't trade a lot but this is really shitty.

Volimar

But you can still gift? So they're going to push people into unsafe practices because no one wants to use their dumb authenticator.

BasilZero

Cant wait for Quake collection and Prince of Persia series to go on sale so I can finally get them!

Been waiting 2 years...

Zafir

I wouldn't even care as much if the mobile applications were any good.

I stopped using the Android one and went back to email because I got sick of how useless the Android app is. :I

The reason I'm not comfortable with using the mobile authenticator is because Valve can be very temperamental about the mobile app. They released it 3 years ago and completely stopped giving a shit for 2 years after that. It was only earlier this year that someone decided to start working on it again.

What happens when the new custodian of the app gets bored and goes off to work on something else? And if you run into problems with OS upgrades and the likes, who will fix it?

It's just too risky.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well. Trying to complete Steam sale badges is going to be a bigger hassle with this new trade rule coming out.

Lomax

I hate mobile authenticators because if anything happens to your phone, it's a pain in the ass to get them unlinked, and we all know how responsive Steam support is. I still have a physical authenticator for my Blizzard account and I'd be happy to get one for my Steam account, but I'm not tying it to a phone.

Well. Trying to complete Steam sale badges is going to be a bigger hassle with this new trade rule coming out.

They'll probably exempt the card trading bots like they have in the past.

PARANO1A

This post is interesting.

Completely normal temps.

This is completely normal. You are applying an electrical load to the chip, when it is not being used it scales down and the thermal output decreases.

What did you do to troubleshoot?

Other displays? Other cables? Other cable types (HDMI/DVI/etc)? Other graphics cards?

My display port on my monitor actually shorts out about a month ago, had similar symptoms as your issue here. I sent it in, Acer fixed it up ordered a new Display Port cable just in case that exacerbated the issue.

If it is a heating issue, you can take off the heatsink, clean it off with alcohol, and reapply thermal paste.

But_why.gif

You are still under warranty fam.

Liamneesonwhy.gif

What's the warranty on these cards? I assumed 90 days like most consumer electronics. Might be a bit different over here.

I tried different cables and plugged other devices into the existing cables. I tried all available outputs on the card too. The main trigger was that I can still stream games on the 970... Just not output them to the tv.

I think I'll plug my laptop in the stream games tonight. What a time to be alive.

Steam says I have cloud saves for Dreamfall Chapters(11MBs stored) but when I start up the game the only option I have is to start a new game. What do I do?

Dr.Acula

Banned
I hate mobile authenticators because if anything happens to your phone, it's a pain in the ass to get them unlinked, and we all know how responsive Steam support is. I still have a physical authenticator for my Blizzard account and I'd be happy to get one for my Steam account, but I'm not tying it to a phone.

I am sideloading the android app b/c I don't rock iOS or android, so it is very annoying to me. I would rather have phone or email auth, because, like you say, my number/addy can't be as easily broken/lost.

Steam, give us the option to activate keys as gifts.

zkylon

zkylewd
The picture looks heavily inspired by The Kid from Bastion, so I'm just assuming you agree with me then.

And I don't care about League in the slighest; besides, even if I did, there's not really any story there for a "single player" experience... so even if I did care, I'm pretty sure you could talk all you like about it without worry.
yea no single player but there's a story

for instance
gangplank
was just
killed
by
miss fortune
but then
he revived
with
a robot arm

Kinguin and G2A marketplace sellers are probably crying right now haha

Maybe that's a reason they are doing this?...no idea

There seems to always be some kind of behind the scenes reason that Valve does things. They'll say one thing publicly but the actual reasons usually tend to be different. Like with the sales not having dailies or flash discounts. They say "this will provide a better yadda yadda yadda." Most people seem to think it's all about the new refund system.

Nzyme32

Is it really?

They give you a recovery code off the bat, failing that you can make more anytime via the account page. Should you lose the phone, you use your backup keys in the account section where you can change everything right there. I'm not sure what's hard about it. It was an issue before they changed the account page, just like it was an issue to change your current store location if you live in multiple countries, but now that is also pretty simple to sort out anytime.

Jazz573

Giving away this, since I thought it was just the DLC, because the image was misleading:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Go! Go! Nippon -- MB-50BC4E70F9B855A9 - Taken by Spring-Loaded

Ozium

I bought Hitman Go and Grapholite, a diagrams, flow chart and floor plan app that is normally 50 bucks for 10 cents each...

gonna make flow charts for lyfe

also rented a movie adaptation of deus ex machina

edit: on win 10 store I mean

Vamphuntr

That makes no sense at all. You can still send gifts without using the authenticator...

From what I've seen some of them acquire games from different regions by trading them in bulk and then flipping them. One guy from my steam friend list used to do this. You could get new releases by buying cheap games and trading with him.

From what I've seen some of them acquire games from different regions by trading them in bulk and then flipping them. One guy from my steam friend list used to do this. You could get new releases by buying cheap games and trading with him.

Yeah, it'd be a bit slower not to be able to trade -- but based on inventory restrictions, it's been hard enough to trade these days anyway. If you're not sending as a gift, you have to have the item in your inventory for <x> amount of time... it's at least 2 weeks, if I remember correctly.

Rainbow Siege is intense, your ears start to ring when gunfire happens close to you and you can create new entry points on every wall it seems.

Enemy ai is insanely aggressive on hard, can't imagine realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom