• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving away this, since I thought it was just the DLC, because the image was misleading:

Uh4aQ80.gif

Vamphuntr

Yeah, it'd be a bit slower not to be able to trade -- but based on inventory restrictions, it's been hard enough to trade these days anyway. If you're not sending as a gift, you have to have the item in your inventory for <x> amount of time... it's at least 2 weeks, if I remember correctly.

Indeed and Valve control which games you can put on preorder so they might not have it in advance. I suppose they will put a restrictions on gifts too eventually especially from accounts whose sole purpose is to serve as a bots to gift games you bought from their websites.

I also suspect it's a way to have people stop hoarding cheap games or "going to get pulled from the store" games to trade them. That weird game where you are some little girl and bump into people is now worth a lot to collectors.

zkylon

zkylewd
k finally had a fun quest in which i robbed some ghouls dressed as mobsters of their chems

one ghoul surrendered but then ppl started bugging out and shooting each other and somehow the ghoul ended up dead and since i love ghouls i just had to reload and kill everyone else instead

piper hated that, but what does she know, she's even less fun than preston

at least someone died

SteamGAF thread is getting next-gen Nep advertisements. Anime didn't invade Steam it straight up Borged it.

um there was a topic about this on gaming side and I had asked in here about it and all I got was a snide comment by Arthea

this was days ago

i see how it fucking is

If it makes you feel better you are my favorite has-Devil's Third-avatar poster.

k finally had a fun quest in which i robbed some ghouls dressed as mobsters of their chems

one ghoul surrendered but then ppl started bugging out and shooting each other and somehow the ghoul ended up dead and since i love ghouls i just had to reload and kill everyone else instead

piper hated that, but what does she know, she's even less fun than preston

at least someone died

You brought the wrong companion with you. Bring Curie instead next time.
I let Piper take care of my plants, she seems to be happy with her new job.

Jawmuncher

Finally watched all of the Star Wars films, my ranking is pretty much the same as before. 3,5,4,6,1>>2. All set for episode 7. I have to say Han Solo is like the best thing ever in the films he is in. Why we never got a smuggler game aside from I guess Shadows of the Empire and I guess KOTOR is beyond me. Really though a Star Wars smuggler game in the vein go the original Wing Commander Privateer would be amazing.

zkylon

zkylewd
You brought the wrong companion with you.
Bring Curie instead next time.
well preston went off to recapture some castle and i only play like half an hour every few days so preston and anti-censorship news reporter lady (oh the irony) are my only choices

i don't like dogmeat cos i think having dogmeat every game is dumb and codsworth is fine but i dont wanna spend a loading screen going to pick him up

Jawmuncher

whats the point of this trade mobilizer what u ma call it?

The Authenticator is a added piece of protection to your steam account. It displays a code that is always changing that you input when logging in from a new computer. It helps prevent someone from hacking into your account. As for the Trade Limitation, I guess to steam it's just a way to keep trades safe along with trying to curb grey market a bit.

FloatOn

Finally watched all of the Star Wars films, my ranking is pretty much the same as before. 3,5,4,6,1>>2. All set for episode 7. I have to say Han Solo is like the best thing ever in the films he is in. Why we never got a smuggler game aside from I guess Shadows of the Empire and I guess KOTOR is beyond me. Really though a Star Wars smuggler game in the vein go the original Wing Commander Privateer would be amazing.

5>6>4>3>2>1

I'll never forgive the phantom menace

Caerith

All 3 of the females in Dragon's Crown are great. I found the males to be lacking -- mostly the Dwarf and Fighter.

What's so special about a female character in New Vegas -- I'm doing it now, but haven't really noticed something that seems based on my gender yet?
Yeah, the male characters did feel less impressive than the female characters.

In New Vegas, you get different dialogue as a woman vs as a man. Especially from a certain faction that has some very quaint views on gender dynamics.

i'm playing archer!

She is also awesome.

well preston went off to recapture some castle and i only play like half an hour every few days so preston and anti-censorship news reporter lady (oh the irony) are my only choices

i don't like dogmeat cos i think having dogmeat every game is dumb and codsworth is fine but i dont wanna spend a loading screen going to pick him up

My edit was too slow lol.

If you've already recruited Piper, so you're definitely have reached Diamond City, right. There are several companions you can recruit surrounding the city, and most are quite easy to recruit. You only have to do a single quest (or two at most) to recruit each of them.

f off trade thing

I don't even have a smartphone or a tablet. No trading for me.

Unless I'm reading the new rules wrong, I thought you can still trade without the authenticator? The only different thing is, you'll have to wait for 3 days without it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, the male characters did feel less impressive than the female characters.

In New Vegas, you get different dialogue as a woman vs as a man. Especially from a certain faction that has some very quaint views on gender dynamics.

yea it's mostly a caesar's legion thing

My edit was too slow lol.

If you've already recruited Piper, so you're definitely have reached Diamond City, right. There are several companions you can recruit surrounding the city, and most are quite easy to recruit. You only have to do a single quest (or two at most) to recruit each of them.
yeah it's just that i've got to a point in which i get too annoyed at the loading screens so i pretty much quit after 15 minutes of playing

i haven't made any progress since i got to diamond city, i did enough to join the brotherhood but the dialogue bored me so much that i didn't continue that questline. also preston got really upset i joined the brotherhood for some reason

it's honestly yet another baffling decision by bethesda

let's just make the first two companions you get a pair of whiners that don't like anything you do

The AI in Rainbow Siege seems like it's pretty good, we were holed up in a room with only one door so they set off a bomb in the corner to open up an extra entry point. There's bullet penetration too so one of the shotgun guys blew the garage door apart.

MUnited83

For you.
Doesn't activating the authenticator makes it so that you need to put a code every single time you want to login anywhere?

FFS Valve.

Vamphuntr

Doesn't activating the authenticator makes it so that you need to put a code every single time you want to login anywhere?

FFS Valve.

Yeah and sometimes it glitch for a while because it's desynchronized with the Steam server and gives a wrong code so you wait a few minutes and try again.

Xanathus

FFS Valve.

There is/should be a length of time like one week where you don't have to enter the code for each device, if it works like any other mobile authenticator system.

Caerith

FFS Valve.

I won't get the authenticator app because what happens if my phone breaks? What happens if I get a new phone or need to do a factory reset on mine? What kind of hassle will I have to deal with? (It's probably in an FAQ, but they already have my email for Steam Guard, which itself has two-step verification. How many verifications do they need?)

yeah it's just that i've got to a point in which i get too annoyed at the loading screens so i pretty much quit after 15 minutes of playing

i haven't made any progress since i got to diamond city, i did enough to join the brotherhood but the dialogue bored me so much that i didn't continue that questline. also preston got really upset i joined the brotherhood for some reason

it's honestly yet another baffling decision by bethesda

let's just make the first two companions you get a pair of whiners that don't like anything you do

Loading times are like 10-20 seconds for me, on an old 500GB HDD from 2009.

But yeah, I can't stand most companions tbh. That's why I only bring Dogmeat with me most of the time, and Curie for sometimes. At least Dogmeat won't give comments at everything you do, and Curie likes lots of thing I do.

FFS Valve.

Yeah, I hated it in some mmos that require (give me item/bonus) me to use authenticator.

Lain

I mean you can still trade, will just take longer now.

Unless I'm reading the new rules wrong, I thought you can still trade without the authenticator? The only different thing is, you'll have to wait for 3 days without it.

Sure I can still do trades, but having to wait 3 days isn't going to make me want to do trades, though I get the suspicion many wouldn't want to trade with me to begin with if it meant they had to wait 3 days because of me.

zkylon

zkylewd
And Ricky and Benny.
oh yeah

forgot who ricky is tho

Loading times are like 10-20 seconds for me, on an old 500GB HDD from 2009.

But yeah, I can't stand most companions tbh. That's why I only bring Dogmeat with me most of the time, and Curie for sometimes. At least Dogmeat won't give comments at everything you do, and Curie likes lots of thing I do.
takes forever for me ever since i installed the optimized texture mod

and turning it off doesn't work

and i'm not gonna reinstall this shit

who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom