• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

There is/should be a length of time like one week where you don't have to enter the code for each device, if it works like any other mobile authenticator system.

Yes I agree though I wouldn't use it lol.

Yeah and sometimes it glitch for a while because it's desynchronized with the Steam server and gives a wrong code so you wait a few minutes and try again.

This happens to me more using Googles Auth app but at least it has a resync function. Never had this happen in steam app and I have been using it since it was first put up.

I won't get the authenticator app because what happens if my phone breaks? What happens if I get a new phone or need to do a factory reset on mine? What kind of hassle will I have to deal with? (It's probably in an FAQ, but they already have my email for Steam Guard, which itself has two-step verification. How many verifications do they need?)

If you break your phone yes you're going to have a hard time.

But like every other authenticator you can move it between devices, either via restore function or a remove function.

Xanathus

Jesus

Thats the regular steamguard. The authenticator states that you need a code everytime you need to login anywhere, including your regular PC you use everyday. That's just ridículous.

It's not everytime, I just enabled Mobile Auth and restarted Steam and there's no authentication prompt. I think Mobile Authentication is hella important if your Steam account has any value. I already use it on less important accounts like my Battle.net.

Nete

Really though a Star Wars smuggler game in the vein go the original Wing Commander Privateer would be amazing.

In X-Wing Alliance you play as the little son of a trader family with their own Corellian transports (some of the same model as the Millenniun Falcon, plus a new beauty). Most of the campaign it's you flying as a Rebel, but around 25% of the missions it's you doing family business things... most of them somewhat illegal after the prologue.

Is the closest thing to a "SW smuggler game" out there. It's also one of the finest Star Wars games ever.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (user237, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-774ED3260045D31D - Taken by trailmix16

it's a steam inventory link

Jawmuncher

In X-Wing Alliance you play as the little son of a trader family with their own Corellian transports (some of the same model as the Millenniun Falcon, plus a new beauty). Most of the campaign it's you flying as a Rebel, but around 25% of the missions it's you doing family business things... most of them somewhat illegal after the prologue.

Is the closest thing to a "SW smuggler game" out there. It's also one of the finest Star Wars games ever.

Nice, have never played that. Will grab off GOG when it goes on sale.

Grief.exe

Since they are already using two step verification through email, I'm guessing those that are hacked end up using the same password for their email address as well.

MUnited83

For you.
It's not everytime, I just enabled Mobile Auth and restarted Steam and there's no authentication prompt. I think Mobile Authentication is hella important if your Steam account has any value. I already use it on less important accounts like my Battle.net.
Nah, two step authentication it's all that is needed. Mobile Authenticator is just a dumb extra step that doesn't really offer any advantages to me. Quite the opposite.

Thats the regular steamguard. The authenticator states that you need a code everytime you need to login anywhere, including your regular PC you use everyday. That's just ridículous.

Actually now that I think about it. I don't think I have logged in normally, since I have it on remember on my laptop and desktop, since I added the authenticator.

Nete

Nice, have never played that. Will grab off GOG when it goes on sale.

Once done, remember to go this web and transform the 1999 game you've just bought to something worth to the 21st century.

xwahud08qvuk8.png

xwingalliance2015-02-h1ug5.png

Also, resolution hack to get widescreen resolution.

• ASRock H81M-ITX LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
  • Silverstone Raven Z RVZ02B-W mITX Case Window 1XODD 2X2.5IN 2XUSB3.0 1XPCI-E x16 No PSU - Black
  • Silverstone SFX-SERIES SX500-LG 500W SFX-L Form Factor 12V 80PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply

edit: actually, not sure on the cooler. any recommendations for an lga1150 mitx cooler?

Granjinha

This PC Gamer Weekend stuff sounds cool, huh?

http://weekender.pcgamer.com/welcome

http://weekender.pcgamer.com/whats-on/pc-gamer-stage

Get an exclusive look at some of the year’s upcoming games at the PC Gamer Stage. The team will be hosting a variety of developers and other brains behind the games, showcasing their new games with exclusive developer interviews and a reveal or two!

Guest rumors leaking from the PC Gamer bunker include Creative Assembly, Julian Gollop, Taleworlds talking about Mount and Blade II, and Firaxis just for starters...

There's also, for now, the SEGA and Capcom zone. About the SEGA Zone http://weekender.pcgamer.com/whats-on/sega-zone :

Want to get your hands on some of PC Gaming’s hottest properties before indulging your nostalgia with an unparalleled line-up of some the most iconic video game IPs? Then look no further than the SEGA Zone. With all the latest games from the teams behind Total War™, Company of Heroes™ and Football Manager™ and a whole host of retro classics from the SEGA back catalogue, the SEGA Zone is the place to satisfy all your PC gaming needs.You know the brand. You've played the games. Now put those thumbs to work on all the latest offerings from some of the world's most successful studios including Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive and Relic Entertainment.

Hpe that by Retro Classics they mean VANQUISH. Oh and Relic being there means Dawn of War 3 pls

Capcom Zone http://weekender.pcgamer.com/whats-on/capcom-zone :

The almighty Capcom will be bringing the latest edition of the much loved Street Fighter series with V landing just in time for PC Gamer Weekender. This latest version is designed to be more accessible to new players whilst still offering the variation to entertain hardened gamers.

And see what all the fuss is about with Resident Evil spin-off Umbrella Corps. Yes it's a shooter, yes there's zombies and yes you can play it in the Capcom Zone.

There's also going to be an indie area. Seems like a really nice event.

• Noctua NH-L9a 92mm SSO2 CPU Cooler
  • ASRock H81M-ITX LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
  • Silverstone Raven Z RVZ02B-W mITX Case Window 1XODD 2X2.5IN 2XUSB3.0 1XPCI-E x16 No PSU - Black
  • Silverstone SFX-SERIES SX500-LG 500W SFX-L Form Factor 12V 80PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply

$360.02 later, my ascent to Mini-ITX godhood is complete.
What CPU/GPU are you using for that and is that going to be your main gaming rig or just a secondary bedroom one?

Grief.exe

Just checking my modding links and the ultimate Morrowind modding guide is down, no cache available either.

http://www.somethingfornobody.com/blog/morrowind-modding-guide/

• Noctua NH-L9a 92mm SSO2 CPU Cooler

$360.02 later, my ascent to Mini-ITX godhood is complete.

I will be joining you sometime next year with the Ncase. Need to get that watercooling going for ultimate quiet.

M1-v2-03-1500x750.jpg

Just checking my modding links and the ultimate Morrowind modding guide is down, no cache available either.

http://www.somethingfornobody.com/blog/morrowind-modding-guide/

I will be joining you sometime next year with the Ncase. Need to get that watercooling going for ultimate quiet.

M1-v2-03-1500x750.jpg

I considered the ncase, but ultimately went for the RVZ02 because I want the game console/HTPC look, rather than tiny PC tower. Also, it's nearly a third of the price Canadian.

Finished XIII-2. That ending certainly was something.

Finally watched all of the Star Wars films, my ranking is pretty much the same as before. 3,5,4,6,1>>2. All set for episode 7. I have to say Han Solo is like the best thing ever in the films he is in. Why we never got a smuggler game aside from I guess Shadows of the Empire and I guess KOTOR is beyond me. Really though a Star Wars smuggler game in the vein go the original Wing Commander Privateer would be amazing.

I'm going to be starting my viewing probably after Thanksgiving. I think I've only seen Episodes 1-3 once in the theaters, should be....interesting.

Why is Half in the Bag so good. So darn good. Keeping it opened and listening while browsing is really fun. Totally recommended. Pretty spoilery though.

oh yeah

forgot who ricky is tho
Was a character seen at the start of the Honest Hearts DLC:
When Ricky comments about his "third nut" to a female player and offers sex on the expedition, you can use Black Widow and say that you will remember to bring tweezers and a microscope. If possessing a high enough Guns skill, the player can say it'll make it easier to shoot them in the dark.
Black Widow was always worth it just for the damage bonus against male NPC's.

Momentary

Banned
Man I really want that Aventum III case by Digital Storm. But if I buy a prebuilt PC I'll be shunned from the cool kids circle.

That and I don't want to fool with learning how to bend copper tubing and they seem to do a jam up job. When Pascal hits I'm going to dI've in ladies and gents. Call me a fool. I don't care.

Dsyndrome

Who even making the sales thread...not like there's any reason to now.

Someone needs to so that people can ask if something is a good deal; lord knows they're not coming to community to do that. I vote one of the Canadians that had Thanksgiving three months ago or whatever.

I'm unable to access the PCCaseGear website. It just throws up "You don't have permission to access / login on this server." I was able to circumvent it before, by using a different browser, but now it's doing it on both. Any ideas?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No "Thank you" PM necessary.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Operation Flashpoint: Red River -- MB-B948902CAC050219 - Taken by Corvo Jensen. 3 entrants total.
DIRT Showdown -- MB-2040568EC83A586E - Taken by darkchewie. 7 entrants total.

t1448432855z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom