• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsfaeksBR

Thinking of getting the Physical version of Hearts of Stone for the Gwent Decks.

Anyone got'em? Are they well crafter, worth the price, or just cheap paper?
Are there enough cards in the decks or is it underwhealming?

Lomax

The reddit thread from the leak seemed convinced. They're usually on point with this kind of thing, but who knows. Maybe its not part of the bundle or you aren't planning on getting it, but I imagine Sunless Sea will be as cheap if not cheaper during the winter sale I wouldn't pick up now either way unless you're planning on playing it immediately. There's the chance in the next few days it become more clear what the bundles games actually are.

I just still debating the monthly bundle. Sunless Sea would push me over the edge, but everything I'm reading is making that guess based on the lantern, and I just don't see that at all. It wasn't one of the leaked games either that I've seen.

AFAIK
It's all Batman, all the time except for very specific fights peppered throughout the story, like 3 or 5 in total, where you can swap and combo with an ally. It's garbage and I don't even think they're playable in challenge maps.

Oh poop. That kind of sucks.

They're playable in challenge maps now, though I don't know to what extent since I haven't played it in a while.

They're not usable out in the city, unless you use a mod. Catwoman's able to do her climb move from City, which is interesting considering there's no official way to use her outside.

The more shots I saw in the Fallout 4 thread, the more I started appreciating the visuals. Especially at night-time.

The art style looks considerably better than past games, and looks like it might actually look good on better hardware. I always found F3 and NV terribly ugly even when modded to hell in the PC screenshot thread.

I just still debating the monthly bundle. Sunless Sea would push me over the edge, but everything I'm reading is making that guess based on the lantern, and I just don't see that at all. It wasn't one of the leaked games either that I've seen.

I personally doubt that the lantern game is supposed to be Torchlight II, because there aren't any lanterns in that game that would be recognizable. I'm not convinced its Sunless Sea, but it seems like it might be a more reasonable guess.

Lomax

So much Binding of Isaac on Twitch. Regardless of the gameplay, I refuse to buy/play it - the art style is that off putting to me.

The best Isaac clone I've played is Full Mojo Rampage, so if you're interested in the gameplay without the aesthetic, you might check that out.

Though honestly, the art style is supposed to be off putting, that's part of the effectiveness of the game.

I personally doubt that the lantern game is supposed to be Torchlight II, because there aren't any lanterns in that game that would be recognizable. I'm not convinced its Sunless Sea, but it seems like it might be a more reasonable guess.

I don't think it's Torchlight either, but drawing the connection between a lantern and the Sunless Sea lighthouse seems like a massive stretch, unless there's some lantern in Sunless Sea that I don't know about. I have a feeling all of the clues will seem obvious once the bundle is out, but right now they've done a good job of releasing a mix of both clear and subtle images. I'm surprised there hasn't been more solid guesses on the boombox honestly.

Remember someone here asking how much RAM is common these days among Steam user (think it was someguyinahat) when Arkham Knights 12GB RAM dev post was posted.

Looks like 8GB is the main config with 4GB coming in second. 16GB still least uncommon among "usual" sizes.
bCxhn0e.png

Some other neat stats.

4-core CPUs are not going away anytime soon.
8ckGyNN.png

Legit surprised such an high-end card is second most common graphics chip and most common dedicated.
7fTYI0o.png

The best Isaac clone I've played is Full Mojo Rampage, so if you're interested in the gameplay without the aesthetic, you might check that out.

Though honestly, the art style is supposed to be off putting, that's part of the effectiveness of the game.

I don't think it's Torchlight either, but drawing the connection between a lantern and the Sunless Sea lighthouse seems like a massive stretch, unless there's some lantern in Sunless Sea that I don't know about. I have a feeling all of the clues will seem obvious once the bundle is out, but right now they've done a good job of releasing a mix of both clear and subtle images. I'm surprised there hasn't been more solid guesses on the boombox honestly.

I'm pretty sure Lethal League is the boom box. I don't think its been in a bundle, the HUD features a similar looking boom box, and I think several of its character have speaker looking weapon.

Remember someone here asking how much RAM is common these days among Steam user (think it was someguyinahat) when Arkham Knights 12GB RAM dev post was posted.

Looks like 8GB is the main config with 4GB coming in second. 16GB still least uncommon among "usual" sizes.
bCxhn0e.png

Some other neat stats.

4-core CPUs are not going away anytime soon.
8ckGyNN.png

Legit surprised such an high-end card is second most common graphics chip and most common dedicated.
7fTYI0o.png

Well of course. Most games are still asking 8GB memory for recommended requirements these days.
970 is such a huge success.

mr luchador claims jasec runs a saoirse avatar cult
jasec succumbs to luchador's bullying and changes avatar
people change their own avatars to saoirse
mr luchador created a saoirse avatar cult

shyamalan.jpg
It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Also what was that mystery shenanigan?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I feel like I've been in an Assassin's Creed Syndicate comma all weekend.

The game is surprisingly decent.

Isaac's art style is beautiful. Awesome themes. How many games touch on religion like that?

Dante's Inferno springs to mind...then that Noah's Ark game that was basically a Wolf3D reskin...and FIVE: Guardians of David is coming out, that looks okay...

Edit: And Fist of Jesus but that's apparently execrable...

yuraya

RE5 has the most bullet spongiest boss in the history of bullet sponge bosses. What the hell was capcom thinking?

Anyways.. about 5 hours into the game and enjoying it a lot. (Except for that part ofc)

I feel like I've been in an Assassin's Creed Syndicate comma all weekend.

The game is surprisingly decent.

Yeah, it seems the game is actually decent.
We can easily see it from the lack of AC Syndicate complaining threads in Gaf. The only active Syndicate thread is the OT. If we compare it with Unity..

UI is so bright, think it looks good graphically thought for a console open world game. Certainly throws those silly Fallout 3 comparisons aside.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's not a true Bethesda Fallout for me until someone falls through the ground, ends up in a null zone, and prevents me from progressing forward.

Teeth

I wonder if it has something to do with the difficulty. Like, companions won't die on easy mode.
Otherwise, yeah it's a Bethesda game alright.

This happens all the time in Fallout 3 as well. No characters, human, animal or otherwise have reaction animations to being on fire.

I mean, I guess they could have had the dog roll around when he's on fire to put it out, but I get the feeling that the damage over time that fire gives is systemically linked to the fire effect, so it's there to show the user that whatever is encased in that effect is taking damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm thinking of buying a new case for my computer. mine's super heavy and i can't carry it for like more than a block without having to rest so i feel like maybe i should get a new one that's a bit lighter?

problem is they're all hideous, i just want a simple one that's not impossible to carry :T

is there something i should be looking for in cases since i'm eyeing new ones?

Behold the lore of the Lich King. (Scroll down to the "One King Falls, Another Rises" section.)
uhh well don't think i'm in reading wikipedia mood right now :p

i'm thinking of buying a new case for my computer. mine's super heavy and i can't carry it for like more than a block without having to rest so i feel like maybe i should get a new one that's a bit lighter?

problem is they're all hideous, i just want a simple one that's not impossible to carry :T

is there something i should be looking for in cases since i'm eyeing new ones?
Bitfenix Phenom, has both ITX and M-ATX version.

I don't know who anyone is with all this avatar changing. I don't like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finished up Tales from the Borderlands. Last episode was pretty fantastic. Pretty short given the 5 episodes. Some really funny writing and actually some good game play bits.

Finger Guns.

uhh i have no idea what these words mean

i'd say my case is pretty regular size, it's just really metal and big and all that.

i think itx stuff is like motherboard talk? box says my motherboard is an asus p8h61-m lx
It's an M-ATX board, pick your case accordingly.

I wanna buy a new case too, but not sure how big the Pascal cards will be next year.

A Bitfenix Phenom would be great, but not sure if a Pascal card will fit into it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom