• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching those F4 videos, oh boy, more of the same engine. I think I can wait a few months.

Ip0jqHQ.gif

(From the FO4 video thread.)

Adnor

Banned
I don't think FO4 looks THAT bad, it just looks... bland.

I'm sure I'll end up getting it when it's cheaper and enjoy it, but I'm in no hurry for it. I haven't even got Skyrim.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Ok, that animation is just bad.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-ABDC8B8F83C0E1A6 - Taken by pantsattack. 15 entrants total.
Mystery Gift -- MB-58A31314F83AED30 - Taken by Madn. 19 entrants total.

t1446491453z1.png

Teeth

I literally just finished playing Fallout 3 for the first time this week, modded to hell and back with high res texture packs and a superb ENB profile.

Fallout 4 looks substantially better.

Fallout 4 actually has an art STYLE, not just a mediocre, low rent knock off of reality. I mean that in the lighting, faces, and palette, not the production design (though that too).

Fallout 3 smears details to hell and back where Fallout 4 actually picks and chooses where to add detail. The architecture and set dressing has more purpose and restraint and the lighting is far more eye pleasing.

There's not real time shadows on everything because it has a full day and night cycle, so they went with the indirect shadowing that these games tend to always use. And the videos show shit tons of SSAO though everyone claims otherwise.

I don't know, I don't think F4 looks stellar, but I think it is a good looking game.

Hektor

Good that im not using bufferroll anymore.

Yeah, Downwell is pretty damn good. Also I've been enjoying Sunless Sea a whole lot. Basically a partially procedurally generated, rogue-lite, lovecraftian, adventure with lots of extremely well written story stuff told throughout. You basically sail around, try to survive the crazyness of the world and build a legacy to survive you should you perish. Lots of weird gods, enemies, places, people and mysteries. Probably one of my favourite games of the past several years, along with Undertale

I've got sunless sea sitting on my WL since its EA release.
Since its apparently hugely inspired by lovecraft i want to read all of his storys first, but im making less than zero progress atm.

New S.T.A.L.K.E.R when ;_;

Werent there already 2 fishy kickstarter for spiiritual sequels? I feel the Stalker is kinda cursed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does Anno 2205 actually come out tomorow or is that date on steam just a placeholder?

Because if it does, talk about zero hype, damn :/

Does Anno 2205 actually come out tomorow or is that date on steam just a placeholder?

Because if it does, talk about zero hype, damn :/

November 3, if I'm reading their news announcement right.

To Ubisoft, hype is a strange and dangerous thing... They're still working on the uPlay implementation.

NinjaEdit: I really wish Anno games didn't have uPlay. 2205 in particular looks fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
Werent there already 2 fishy kickstarter for spiiritual sequels? I feel the Stalker is kinda cursed.
stalker is super ded as a series, but would be so great to see the stalker formula redone again

the farcry games from 2+ kind of resemble it, the problem is that the really low stakes on 3+ and the obsession on crafting, heavy handed story bits and just general meaningless tedious crap over emergent systems really kills it.

plus, there's just something about the zone that doesn't work in a beautiful shiny tropical island.

but you know, the gameplay loop of exploring open worlds with biomes of complex and very interactive ai in both low level (monsters) and high level (factions), randomized events and ai-created quests and loot and stuff is something that i'd like to see pursued by someone new

farcry 2 is probably the closest we've ever gotten to replicating that formula

aw350

Banned

What the hell is this? :) Genuinely wondering.

--
Also, a continuation of STALKER would have been fantastic, but it likely won't happen - at least not in the near future. There are tons of mods which add a whole lot though. Maybe some company will pick it all up in a couple of years and make a sequel / prequel / reboot / whatever.

oipic

What the hell is this? :) Genuinely wondering.

Kinesin (a motor protein) pulling a vesicle along cytoskeletal filament, of course! (?)

-------

Hmmm, if Sunless Sea was to be in the HMB, it'd be tempting to sign up, if only for a month. Still think we might get some meatier hints before go-live... perhaps.

Tizoc

If you never used any online services ever, then you would never need to change your password. Problem solved.
I use paypal with crunchyroll and i dont hav any cc details stored there
Only on steam do i use my cc directly nowadays

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shot in the dark -- MB-612BCAA32823F2DC - Taken by Dusk Golem
Time Ramesside (A New Reckoning) -- MB-C75D0A7FA0C4D0AA - Taken by ExoSoul
Death Ray Manta -- MB-8E60A4D62E67E858 - Taken by NingenJanai
Vanguard Princess -- MB-BCA404E423CB3630 - Taken by aw350
Ubinota -- MB-EFB79A6AB015E6C9 - Taken by Rawket Lawnchair

wilflare

SteamGAF thread is scary..
it taught me to fear spiders
it taught me to fear holes (oh gawd. trypophobia)
and now there's a picture of a weird organism pulling along a green ball of weird organisms

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
it taught me to fear spiders
it taught me to fear holes (oh gawd. trypophobia)
and now there's a picture of a weird organism pulling along a green ball of weird organisms

That's inside and happening all in your body by trillions of similar cells right as we speak.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rawket Lawnchair, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition DC -- MB-80CAD0FC8DC53C72 - Taken by Red Hood. 4 entrants total.

t1446466014z1.png

Wookieomg

Got a question guys.. Every time I open the Steam client, I have to sign in. Even if I check the 'Remember me' button, if I ever exit Steam and re-enter it, I'm forced to sign in again. It's pretty annoying to say the least. Any suggestions?

dex3108

I can't imagine if new Ubisoft/EA game looked like Fallout 4 how much people would sh*t on it :D I mean gameplay and story are more important for sure but man Fallout 4 doesn't even have shadows in interiors and many other issues are there. It is 2015. and people still lower their standards when big franchises are in question just because previous games didn't do it.

oipic

Got a question guys.. Every time I open the Steam client, I have to sign in. Even if I check the 'Remember me' button, if I ever exit Steam and re-enter it, I'm forced to sign in again. It's pretty annoying to say the least. Any suggestions?

< sending up a flare to summon JaseC >

Yeah, shouldn't have to do that if the 'remember password' box is checked when logging in.

Is the 'Don't save account credentials on this computer' box ticked, by any chance? (on the Account tab in Settings)

Wookieomg

< sending up a flare to summon JaseC >

Yeah, shouldn't have to do that if the 'remember password' box is checked when logging in.

Is the 'Don't save account credentials on this computer' box ticked, by any chance? (on the Account tab in Settings)

Nope, it's not ticked. And also, this has only been occurring the last month or so. I feel like a recent update may have been the trigger for this weirdness.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

There is a hoard of them in your legs right now.

Make sure you don't have a program deleting temp files for Steam all the time, like CCleaner.

Beyond that you can try to referesh your Steam files in case something just messed up in a recent update.

oipic

Nope, it's not ticked. And also, this has only been occurring the last month or so. I feel like a recent update may have been the trigger for this weirdness.

Opting into the beta (or opting out, if you're already on board) might be worth a go, too, if Ken's very sensible suggestions don't help.

I'm feeling like I should make a RTTP Skyrim thread soon. Not really LTTP since I played it over 70 hours when it first released with the Xbox version. But as I've mentioned before I've never experienced the DLC parts or completed the main quest.

Aside from a sometimes finicky framerate (due to mods) and an annoying tree LOD bug, things have been pretty good so far. Haven't really done anything I hadn't before yet though.

Anyway, still want to delve into it more, if not finish it before I'd put a thread up.

The one where you
shoot from the jeep into that big troll.
Try that boss on professional difficulty and let me know what you think...

It took me forever and just pure luck to complete that boss in professional difficulty. Remember beating the entire game online co-op with a random dude who stuck with me the entire game to the end. We were dying so many times and neither of us had a mic so we just kept writing strategies to each other over PSN messaging. Was brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom