• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your purchase could not be completed because it looks like you already own one of the games you are trying to buy. Please check your account and your cart to verify you are buying an item you do not already own.

Come on Steam. Now it won't let me complete my purchase because I'm buying a bundle that has one item I already own. I'm buying the bundle because it's cheaper than buying the items separately.

purchase pending

wtf is this shit

Don't bully.
Come on Steam. Now it won't let me complete my purchase because I'm buying a bundle that has one item I already own. I'm buying the bundle because it's cheaper than buying the items separately.
Yeah, this is how Steam traps you in some respects. It can really suck.

GOG's system of a weighted discount based on the items you own within the bundle would be an infinitely superior way to handle all Steam bundles. (Excluding gifts, of course.)

Werd

Most of my wishlist is 0-50% off or overdue to show up in a bundle.

I seem to have a Talos Principle 50% off coupon to bring that down to $6.80. Will probably get that, and then Ys VI/Chronciles to complete the series. Origin/Oath were a highlight of summer sale purchases for me.

Ozium

Don't bully.

I tried to buy some crap with muh steam wallet and it froze and now in my account history it says 'pending purchase - wallet'

also now i'm getting

Hello!
We see you're logging in to Steam from a new browser or a new computer. Or maybe it's just been a while...

yeah cuz a new tab is a new browser/computer lol valve

It took me 3 fucking hours to beat the first boss of bloodborne and it has been so far the most unfun souls experience i've ever had.

The way the game plays really does not suit my playstyle.
The camera is goddamn terrible.
I have a really hard time reading enemy attack patterns
The camera is goddamn terrible.
Too muche enemy it's like the worst parts of DS2
And The camera is goddamn terrible.
The camera during the Cleric Beast battle is the worst it'll ever be, so don't worry about that. Much much better in the rest of the game.

And yeah, as someone who relies upon 100% block shields and magic in Dark Souls it was a big change, lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

What bundle is it? The issue may be that the app you don't have is being ignored by Steam's ownership cross-check. I had to ask Valve to remove Talisman Prologue from my account so I could activate a gift copy of the Gold Edition of Talisman: Digital Edition as Steam was only checking if I owned the games and not the DLC as well. Similarly, if you own the ROW version of ARMA 2 you can't activate the NA version and vice-versa (another problem I needed Valve to tackle).

I hope Lisa is good, the bit I read about gaining scars and losing your body parts depending on your actions sounds fun. I love stuff like that.

What bundle is it? The issue may be that the app you don't have is being ignored by Steam's ownership cross-check. I had to ask Valve to remove Talisman Prologue from my account so I could activate the Gold Edition of Talisman: Digital Edition as Steam was only checking if I owned the games, not the DLC. Similarly, if you own the ROW version of ARMA 2 you can't activate the NA version and vice-versa (another problem I needed Valve to tackle).

It turned out to be something else I had in my cart. I had a soundtrack in my cart that Steam said I didn't own when I first loaded the page. After I checked it again I did own it. Once I removed it from my cart everything went through.

Ozium

What bundle is it? The issue may be that the app you don't have is being ignored by Steam's ownership cross-check. I had to ask Valve to remove Talisman Prologue from my account so I could activate a gift copy of the Gold Edition of Talisman: Digital Edition as Steam was only checking if I owned the games, not the DLC. Similarly, if you own the ROW version of ARMA 2 you can't activate the NA version and vice-versa (another problem I needed Valve to tackle).

I tried to buy some stuff with my steam wallet and the website locked up or something when I was checking out.. it says in my account history that the payment is pending (but it's from my steam wallet though) and nothing is taken out of my wallet

my cart is still there but says I own everything now...

wut?

I tried to buy some crap with muh steam wallet and it froze and now in my account history it says 'pending purchase - wallet'

also now i'm getting

Hello!
We see you're logging in to Steam from a new browser or a new computer. Or maybe it's just been a while...

yeah cuz a new tab is a new browser/computer lol valve
Well that sucks. I guess I should've directed my comment at Valve.

Don't bully, Valve.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I see that The Elder Scrolls Online got a 60% discount.

The game is really good (even solo) and could probably scratch that Bethesda itch better than Fallout 4. Well worth the asking price of $24, even though it's been much cheaper than that for a non-Steam copy in the past.

Also, they just added controller support a few weeks ago which is a pretty big improvement in the UI in a lot of folk's opinions.

I previously thought they wouldn't be, but how they have them on sale right now all of a sudden has me suspicious after years of not putting them on sale and then doing so after their other transfers, RE5 and the DR2s, are taken care of. But no word on it.

OPINION TIME ON RESIDENT EVIL: OPERATION RACCOON CITY IF ON THE EDGE. I'm on mobile currently, so a bit abnreviated, I'll share my thoughts on it as sort of bullet points.

-When I first played it, I really did not like the way the game felt. Something about how shooting worked, the weight to it and how you moved. Strangely, I haven't recreated that feeling replaying it even after a months in-between interval.

-While you should definitely not expect anything resembling a classic RE game, there are a few fan service elements. A few times you'll stumble into a couple recreated rooms from RE2/RE3/Outbreak games, or a familiar monster shows up, a cutscene references something from that era, or a remix of an older tune, that sort of thing.

-I generally do think the game gets better than worse. Second half was better than first half.

-Unfortunately, enemies with guns are hardly interesting, and their AI wasn't too bright. Shame since they make up a little over half of the enemy force in the main campaign (Spec-Ops campaign they notably make up less than a fourth). Some of the special soilder type enemies, like the one with the flamethrower and the turrets, are a bit more interesting.

-If you get bitten by a zombie, you can get infected and have to use a vaccine to cure yourself ir else you turn.

-Charscter abilities are kind of fun. Range from thrning invisible/taking enemies identities, to being able to directly control a B.O.W., to land mines, a timed invincibility to you and all teammates near you, etc.

-Bosses in the main campaign were unfortunately all rather lackluster. But for some reason the bosses in Spec-Ops were a lot better. I think oart of it is the bosses in the main campaign are mainly run around and shoot X in some uninteresting arena, while in Spec-Ops they all have unique twists, strategy, and threats to them in much more interesting arenas usually. This said, there's one boss sequence in the main campaign I liked, towards the end, involving a sort of fun twist on the final boss/area of RE3.

-The campaign does try to switch itself up with mechanics and sequences. There's hit and miss here. My favorite switch-up is this chapter in the Spec-Ops campaign where the level is mostly completely dark and you have to use flares you throw in the ground for visibility. Helped the enemies in the section can actually be creepy. Other switch-ups of varying quality through the game.

-The music was mostly quite nice.

-Some parts are difficulty spikes, be warned.

-Level design, especially in the first few levels of the main campaign, is attrocious.

-I've only played the game with friends, we turned on being able to get attack reactions out of each other, which was fun (few places you can really screw your friends over in). I imagine the game single player would not be nearly as fun.

-RE5 and RE6 are much better.

-Strangely, the Spec-Ops campaign has a few horror toned moments that feel more successful at such than either RE5 or RE6 accomplished. Not scary, but feeling more in line with horror thematics.

-There's a few scenes between the main and side campaign where you run into Leon/Claire/Sherry/Jill/Carlos/Ghiovoni/HUNK, which are a tad interesting (though hilariously uncanon).

-My friends duped me so I somehow became the final boss. This is hard to say without spoiling, but you're given a choice at the end of the main campaign and they all picked one thing and I picked another, so it ended up with all of then +the actual final boss vs me. I wasn't much of a final boss, to say the least and they got their ending while I ended up obliterated.

Ugh, I think I will end up buying this before the sale is over. Thanks for the write-up.

Ozium

jasec pls help

edit: nevermind figured it out had to go to steam support then recent purchases then cancel a purchase that was pending which made the whole transaction fail...

Seconded. I played through the unfinished campaign while it was in Early Access and had a blast and now I'm going through it again now that it's done. It's more fun if you don't look up the characters ahead of time. I was genuinely surprised by a couple.

Agreed. I got it after playing the Brototype demo. I beat it multiple times in EA, then a couple of times when the
aliens campaign
came, now again with the
hell campaign
. I've must've beaten it ten times now, it just goes so fast it never feels like a drag. But its the community made maps that really make the value for me.

New maps everyday? Puzzle, challenge, storyline, you name it, people are making it.

Online and local coop and multiplayer.

IwjI3ST.jpg

This game is one of the best value for money games I've ever gotten.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I tried to buy some stuff with my steam wallet and the website locked up or something when I was checking out.. it says in my account history that the payment is pending (but it's from my steam wallet though) and nothing is taken out of my wallet

my cart is still there but says I own everything now...

wut?

Steam should finalise the transaction after a while. I think I once encountered something similar with a market item purchase.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of donny2112, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gateways -- MB-71A138396D45F88D - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.

t1448489017z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
To add to what Stump said earlier about discoverability: This homepage is a total mess. I finally got around to scrolling down past the "featured deals" and came upon this

There are only 4 items in this section that could potentially tempt me into making a purchase, and they're all using the smaller banners. Additionally, the farther I scroll down, the more this content is being presented multiple times - including the stuff I already own.

I know I more or less fall into the "owns a lot of shit on Steam" category (3,247 owned games) but the current setup introduces an issue where the more you purchase, the less likely you're able to find something you're interested in - where in reality the goal of discoverability should be the exact opposite.

I also know that this isn't anything new, but as I said earlier this would be a phenomenal time for Valve to roll out updates like this.

To add to what Stump said earlier about discoverability: This homepage is a total mess. I finally got around to scrolling down past the "featured deals" and came upon this

There are only 4 items in this section that could potentially tempt me into making a purchase, and they're all using the smaller banners. Additionally, the farther I scroll down, the more this content is being presented multiple times - including the stuff I already own.

I know I more or less fall into the "owns a lot of shit on Steam" category (3,247 owned games) but the current setup introduces an issue where the more you purchase, the less likely you're able to find something you're interested in - where in reality the goal of discoverability should be the exact opposite.

I also know that this isn't anything new, but as I said earlier this would be a phenomenal time for Valve to roll out updates like this.

Part of the reasoning is probably to keep owned games on there in case there's DLC you could want.

And don't worry, it repeats items and shows owned games even if you have a much smaller Steam library.

10GB of feels.
My hard drive is feeling it right now. Not to mention my Internet.

atr0cious

Does anyone know how to add Windows 10 store apps to Steam? Been trying to add Hydro Thunder after that 10 cent sale, but I keep running into weird administrator errors.

FloatOn

super tempted to buy witcher 3

but I haven't even played MGSV yet and a bunch of other "must play" games this year

not sure if I'll even have the time to put into it. but $30 seems like a steal for this game

Ehhhhh, not really feeling Grid Autosport as much as I hoped I would. It's like about the most lifeless racing sim I've ever played, which is really saying something.

Flandy

I see that The Elder Scrolls Online got a 60% discount.

The game is really good (even solo) and could probably scratch that Bethesda itch better than Fallout 4. Well worth the asking price of $24, even though it's been much cheaper than that for a non-Steam copy in the past.

Also, they just added controller support a few weeks ago which is a pretty big improvement in the UI in a lot of folk's opinions.
Is it worth paying extra for the imperial edition?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
super tempted to buy witcher 3

but I haven't even played MGSV yet and a bunch of other "must play" games this year

not sure if I'll even have the time to put into it. but $30 seems like a steal for this game

Witcher 3 is only going to get cheaper as time goes on. Play games that you already own (like MGSV) if you're not sure if you'll have enough time to play long games in the first place.

zkylon

zkylewd

it's a complete mess and it has been from day 1, i don't even have that many games and i keep running into repeats and games i already own. why isn't there a toggle to hide those games. why does it show the same game over and over. why is the same game sometimes shown big, sometimes small. why is it so fucking broken.

now imagine if instead of that shit it displayed your wishlist in that format with the biggest discounted games and your top 10 as the larger icons

but nahh, the most important part of browsing a sale is just a long list with barely any sorting options if u don't have enhanced steam

steam is such a shit website. uplay website is better than this garbage

jshackles

Part of the reasoning is probably to keep owned games on there in case there's DLC you could want.

And don't worry, it repeats items and shows owned games even if you have a much smaller Steam library.

DLC is a pretty poor excuse for this design, in my opinion. In the screenshot I posted - only two of those games I already own even have any DLC (Civ IV and CKII) and one of the games (Civ IV) I already have all of that game's DLC.

It would even be more useful (for the sake of discoverability) for them to have shown me a whole screen full of CKII DLC mixed in with the few games I didn't own. Netflix has their "recommendation engine" down to such a science that there has been a bounty out for years for someone to come up with a better system. Valve obviously doesn't care.

The argument that "It's good enough - look at how well it works compared to how it used to be" has now past it's expiration point.

Eila

So I just bought Clannad and I've never played it before. Will I be coming down with a case of the feels soon?

I'm also wondering if it'd work on one of these. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O636WJU/

I left mine at work so I can't try it until tomorrow but despite the low specs they perform very well.

Yes, it'll run well, but I disagree with those damn tablets running nicely. 1 GB RAM is not nearly enough for Windows 10.
I have played like two VNs on my own windows tablet.

Monooboe

Oh dammit, broke my tooth, half fell out when I started with a chewing gum, there goes my wintersale budget.T_T Good thing I do have a bunch of games already I want to play.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom