• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The High Res texture pack for Grid Autosport definitely makes a difference, and the game runs really well too. Wish I had a wheel that might make me like a little more.

In other news, this sale sucks, the only thing I remotely want is Elder Scrolls Online but I don't know if it's worth $24 to me.

Khronico

The High Res texture pack for Grid Autosport definitely makes a difference, and the game runs really well too. Wish I had a wheel that might make me like a little more.

In other news, this sale sucks, the only thing I remotely want is Elder Scrolls Online but I don't know if it's worth $24 to me.

Is there a noticeable dip in performance with the texture pack installed or does it still run really well? I messed around with the settings and hit about 60fps ingame mostly maxed out, I'd like to keep it 60 if possible.

Is there a noticeable dip in performance with the texture pack installed or does it still run really well? I messed around with the settings and hit about 60fps ingame mostly maxed out, I'd like to keep it 60 if possible.

No difference at all, it performed the exact same for me. Did the same race with the same cars once with out the pack and once with and it kept 60fps locked the whole time. On a 2gb 7850 btw.

Messiah

Stop you're going to make Messiah go crazy!

At least someone here cares for my sanity.

The answer to the trivia is totally each other btw.
---

Just finished Love at First Sight (~2.5 hours including the bonus content). I really enjoyed it actually. I like the weird creepy cute artstyle. The story was pretty basic, but I was just in the mood for something lighthearted.

Minor plot spoiler:
bullying is bad people

I would recommend it, but I can see people disliking it as well. Just don't go in expecting a particularly well written deep story.

I remember playing Crossfire once as well. In fact I ran a local server for a while, created a bunch of content too. The game looked a bit like this, with less graphics because this is a screenshot from a much newer version:

crossfire.gif

Crossfire was great and probably still is. I wonder if there's a modern game that has at least most of the core features of Crossfire.

Crossfire was the first PC game I ever played. ...Only it looked like this:

hqdefault.jpg

And yes, it was great and probably still is.

anyone wants to recommend stuff from my wishlist?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zkylon/wishlist

I can instantly recommend Axiom Verge, Invisible, Inc., Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Endless Legend and Satellite Reign.

Tales from the Borderlands

• D4
  • Way of the Samurai 4
    (Megamellons!)
  • The Evil Within
  • Blues and Bullets
  • Tales from the Borderlands

While most of this stuff is only 50% off, it's still worth picking up

D4 is really good, Grow Home is a fun game. WotS 4 is amazing.

try this, it's only $2.69 for the sale

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/50074/

Invisible, Inc and Rocket League are the best games on that list.

Hongkong.

Wow, Evil WIthin is 85% off already. Kinda surprised that Type-0 hasn't been in any discount yet.
And I think it's MGSV's first discount, right?

Grow Home! I really liked that game, it has such heart. Also kind of short and easy to get all achievements.

The Evil Within is an incredible deal at 8 dollars and it's a lengthy game so it's got a good bang for your buck ratio. Age of Decadence is also great so you should support those devs.

another vote for rocket league from me

I'll save you some time, everything on your wishlist.

Lain

RE: Separate threads, I think I will lock the community thread during the Winter sale. Whoever is doing January's thread should post it during the sale, and I'll leave it unlocked, and we'll update the Winter sale thread to advertise the community thread and drive some traffic back.

The other mods and I have spent a lot of time thinking about how we can help inject new blood in community threads without just having them sit in the main forums clogging up the front page, and I think the consensus is to encourage people to cross-promote. There's a strong norm of cross-promotion on reddit, where say if there's a subreddit about <Game X> and then news about <Game X> is posted in /r/gaming, posters will call attention to the fact that there's a subreddit for the game. I think that's something we could learn from. So using Steam-related threads in Gaming to "advertise" the Steam Community thread is something I'd like to see and I think the Winter sale thread would be a good way to do that.

I'm not sure I follow. You think you'll close the community thread during the winter sale, but you'll have the January community thread posted and open during the sale? Is that so people poking their heads in during the sale wont get scared away by having the number of posts be minimal?

Galdere

Neo Member
I was looking at The Elder Scrolls Online and apparently they are having a "Black Fredas" sale
lol
on their in-game shop.

$23.99 gets you 5,500 "crowns" which is exactly the right amount you need to purchase both the Imperial City and the Orsinium Expansion Packs.

Is that a discount or regular price for the crowns\dlc?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is that a discount or regular price for the crowns\dlc?

Regular price for the DLC (2,500 and 3,000 crowns, respectively) but the crowns are 40% off if you buy 5,500

It took me 3 fucking hours to beat the first boss of bloodborne and it has been so far the most unfun souls experience i've ever had.

The way the game plays really does not suit my playstyle.
The camera is goddamn terrible.
I have a really hard time reading enemy attack patterns
The camera is goddamn terrible.
Too muche enemy it's like the worst parts of DS2
And The camera is goddamn terrible.

Is it how the camera is positioned?

Monooboe

Regular price for the DLC (2,500 and 3,000 crowns, respectively) but the crowns are 40% off if you buy 5,500

Can you earn those crowns ingame, kind of like it's possible in Eve Online?

I have to say, you've really sold me on the game, really want the Imperial Edition, just to have an companion to adventure with.XD

Also is it really free in that Bethesda way?

Messiah

its fun, great palate cleanser, but fair enough

Oh, I wouldn't doubt that especially with many regulars here heavily recommending the series. It's just that what I've seen from made me realize it's not for me.

I just meant I was in the mood for a lighthearted story today, which made me appreciate Love at first Sight more.

zkylon

zkylewd
whoa didn't expect so many replies, thanks friends

so

axiom verge x1
invisible inc x1
shadowrun hk x2
endless legend x1
satellite reign x1
tales of boredlands x2
d4 x1
wots 4 x2
evil within x2
blues and bullets x1
grow home x1
age of decadence x1
rocket league x1
ethan carter x1
neon struct x1

lots to choose from, i think i'm gonna try and get cheap games over expensive ones, so will see how i manage it.

i think i'm pretty sold on grow home so that one i'm probably gonna get. then d4, wots, rocket league and evil within are the ones i kind of am most interested about. rocket league is still kind of expensive so i might push it to winter sale, and just get either two out of the other three. i might go d4 wots, i kind of want to play evil within but i'm not entirely sure

i'd probably get all three if i had a bit more cash on me lol

about the others, for some i lost all interest (ethan carter), some i really don't know why i added them (blues and bullets lol) and age of decadence is just too expensive.

neon struct also looked really cool, i kind of want to get it

videogames, man

I believe I have a Telltale key for Tales of the Borderlands, if you want it.
sure, i've been told to play it even as a non boredlands and non telltale fan so i'm insanely curious about it

pm me if u want :>

iosefe

Oh, I wouldn't doubt that especially with many regulars here heavily recommending the series. It's just that what I've seen from made me realize it's not for me.

I just meant I was in the mood for a lighthearted story today, which made me appreciate Love at first Sight more.

ah, i misunderstood. carry on then

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm not sure I follow. You think you'll close the community thread during the winter sale, but you'll have the January community thread posted and open during the sale? Is that so people poking their heads in during the sale wont get scared away by having the number of posts be minimal?

I think I will, as previously done, close the thread during the winter sale.

However, unlike previous years, I think I will see if we can post the new (post-sale) community thread while the sale is still going on, and invite people from the sale thread to join us, in order to cross-promote and get some new blood.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can you earn those crowns ingame, kind of like it's possible in Eve Online?

I have to say, you've really sold me on the game, really want the Imperial Edition, just to have an companion to adventure with.XD

Also is it really free in that Bethesda way?

Unfortunately the in-game currency (crowns) can only be obtained through purchase and thus the only way to obtain the expansion packs is by either buying them directly or having an active subscription for $15/month, which gives you access to the expansion packs for "free".

There are a lot of other things you can buy with crowns, such as in-game potions, experience boosts, pets, mounts, and more - most of which is purely cosmetic, some of which (like potions and boosts) can be obtained in-game. The expansion packs themselves are purely optional and I haven't yet felt like it's required despite playing for about 30 hours on PC and probably 60 hours on PS4.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
sure, i've been told to play it even as a non boredlands and non telltale fan so i'm insanely curious about it

It really is a great and fun game. The only game I've played where I actually had to laugh out loud.

jshackles

I think I will, as previously done, close the thread during the winter sale.

However, unlike previous years, I think I will see if we can post the new (post-sale) community thread while the sale is still going on, and invite people from the sale thread to join us, in order to cross-promote and get some new blood.

Sounds reasonable. In case you weren't aware, I'll be doing the thread in December, but starting in January MRORANGE will start making the monthly threads again.

me0wish

whoa didn't expect so many replies, thanks friends

so

axiom verge x1
invisible inc x1
shadowrun hk x2
endless legend x1
satellite reign x1
tales of boredlands x2
d4 x1
wots 4 x2
evil within x2
blues and bullets x1
grow home x1
age of decadence x1
rocket league x1
ethan carter x1
neon struct x1

lots to choose from, i think i'm gonna try and get cheap games over expensive ones, so will see how i manage it.

i think i'm pretty sold on grow home so that one i'm probably gonna get. then d4, wots, rocket league and evil within are the ones i kind of am most interested about. rocket league is still kind of expensive so i might push it to winter sale, and just get either two out of the other three. i might go d4 wots, i kind of want to play evil within but i'm not entirely sure

i'd probably get all three if i had a bit more cash on me lol

about the others, for some i lost all interest (ethan carter), some i really don't know why i added them (blues and bullets lol) and age of decadence is just too expensive.

neon struct also looked really cool, i kind of want to get it

videogames, man

Evil Within + DLC vote from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom