• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

Maybe I can help others think about whether they will actually play the games they're going to buy.
giphy.gif

I feel you.

I bought SanctuaryRPG and immediately realized upon booting it up that I haven't even played that much of the last few roguelikes I bought.

It's a sickness.

Guys, sell me on neo scavanger.

header.jpg

Do you like classic fallout 1 & 2?

Do you like hardcore rogue-variants with choose your own adventure elements like FTL (which you should, its fucken dope)?

Do you like board games and their intricacies and depth?

Then you'll like this game. Its pretty fantastic.

RedSwirl

So Humble no longer price matches Steam sales? Humble widgets at the official sites for some indie games used to do that. Should I just go ahead and accept the Steam versions of Her Story and Consortium, or wait for Humble's ongoing sale?

Well, that Mobile Authenticator BS ticks me off. Basically holding features of my account hostage because I don't want to receive text messages/link my Steam account to a phone.

I fail to see why they can't do a standalone authenticator if they have to force one on people. I was unhappy about the whole "we'll email you about everything you want to do" but this is way worse.

Finding answers himself IS Asking others if a game is worth it. I surely trust some of those mothertruckers in here more than someone outside, the developer or Marketing material.

Aslking if a game is worth it, is getting through all the marketing mud and own expectations in that specific genre and check if there are no hidden problems with that Title.

Asking if a game "is worth it" is an exercise in futility, unless you know that you generally like games that ANONYMOUS INTERNET POSTER X likes. Otherwise it's just a plea to have someone decide for you because you're too lazy to make up your own opinion based on the facts that are currently available regarding that game since it's been released and gone on sale and whether or not there's enough there to justify paying the sale price for the game in question.

Dusk Golem. Don't know if he's doing it for this sale though.

If you're talking about the "hidden indie gems" during sales, I believe it's normally Toma.

KingKong

well I bought what I wanted so I guess the sale is over for me. Definitely saw a lot of 50% or lower on indie games that would have gone to 66%+ on a flash sale

Alright, temped by Broforce, don't think it's been that low earlier, might have been but I've missed it.

Go for it. Its only been 33% off uptill now aka $9.99 IIRC.

The game is worth it full price too IMO.

I for one am disappointed at Infested Planet. Its been cheaper before. Was really looking forward to picking it up at its previous lowest price.

Oh well, maybe summer sale.

chronomac

Go for it. Its only been 33% off uptill now aka $9.99 IIRC.

The game is worth it full price too IMO.

Seconded. I played through the unfinished campaign while it was in Early Access and had a blast and now I'm going through it again now that it's done. It's more fun if you don't look up the characters ahead of time. I was genuinely surprised by a couple.

fantomena

15 more things on my wishlist. Either they don't have a discount at all (goddammit Flame in the Flood) or they go from 10%-33% which is not good enough.

Yeah, Im done, hopefully the christmas sale will be better,

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Your previous posts about it are one reason I'm tempted to get it. But the biggest thing that stops me from buying it it's GFWL. I suppose it will never be removed.

I previously thought they wouldn't be, but how they have them on sale right now all of a sudden has me suspicious after years of not putting them on sale and then doing so after their other transfers, RE5 and the DR2s, are taken care of. But no word on it.

OPINION TIME ON RESIDENT EVIL: OPERATION RACCOON CITY IF ON THE EDGE. I'm on mobile currently, so a bit abnreviated, I'll share my thoughts on it as sort of bullet points.

-When I first played it, I really did not like the way the game felt. Something about how shooting worked, the weight to it and how you moved. Strangely, I haven't recreated that feeling replaying it even after a months in-between interval.

-While you should definitely not expect anything resembling a classic RE game, there are a few fan service elements. A few times you'll stumble into a couple recreated rooms from RE2/RE3/Outbreak games, or a familiar monster shows up, a cutscene references something from that era, or a remix of an older tune, that sort of thing.

-I generally do think the game gets better than worse. Second half was better than first half.

-Unfortunately, enemies with guns are hardly interesting, and their AI wasn't too bright. Shame since they make up a little over half of the enemy force in the main campaign (Spec-Ops campaign they notably make up less than a fourth). Some of the special soilder type enemies, like the one with the flamethrower and the turrets, are a bit more interesting.

-If you get bitten by a zombie, you can get infected and have to use a vaccine to cure yourself ir else you turn.

-Charscter abilities are kind of fun. Range from thrning invisible/taking enemies identities, to being able to directly control a B.O.W., to land mines, a timed invincibility to you and all teammates near you, etc.

-Bosses in the main campaign were unfortunately all rather lackluster. But for some reason the bosses in Spec-Ops were a lot better. I think oart of it is the bosses in the main campaign are mainly run around and shoot X in some uninteresting arena, while in Spec-Ops they all have unique twists, strategy, and threats to them in much more interesting arenas usually. This said, there's one boss sequence in the main campaign I liked, towards the end, involving a sort of fun twist on the final boss/area of RE3.

-The campaign does try to switch itself up with mechanics and sequences. There's hit and miss here. My favorite switch-up is this chapter in the Spec-Ops campaign where the level is mostly completely dark and you have to use flares you throw in the ground for visibility. Helped the enemies in the section can actually be creepy. Other switch-ups of varying quality through the game.

-The music was mostly quite nice.

-Some parts are difficulty spikes, be warned.

-Level design, especially in the first few levels of the main campaign, is attrocious.

-I've only played the game with friends, we turned on being able to get attack reactions out of each other, which was fun (few places you can really screw your friends over in). I imagine the game single player would not be nearly as fun.

-RE5 and RE6 are much better.

-Strangely, the Spec-Ops campaign has a few horror toned moments that feel more successful at such than either RE5 or RE6 accomplished. Not scary, but feeling more in line with horror thematics.

-There's a few scenes between the main and side campaign where you run into Leon/Claire/Sherry/Jill/Carlos/Ghiovoni/HUNK, which are a tad interesting (though hilariously uncanon).

-My friends duped me so I somehow became the final boss. This is hard to say without spoiling, but you're given a choice at the end of the main campaign and they all picked one thing and I picked another, so it ended up with all of then +the actual final boss vs me. I wasn't much of a final boss, to say the least and they got their ending while I ended up obliterated.

Monooboe

Tits is really, really good if you are looking for a very well written RPG. I personally don't enjoy the combat but the writing is so strong that I can ignore it.

That does sound good, might give it a try, hopefully when I'm done with it the second one will be on good sale.:D

So far my obvious purchases are:

Pillars of Eternity
Witcher 3
Way of the Samurai 4
Alpha Protocol

I have two checks coming in and my birthday is next weekend so i feel a little splurgy. If anything i might convince my gf to get me Witcher hehe

Amzin

This is probably the worst Steam sale for me. Not because I don't want stuff (wishlist alone is over 80 games), but the sales are so lackluster. Even Transformers: Devastation is $1 on GMG because of lower base price.

I was all excited going into it with money in my Steam wallet, now it looks like that money may make it to the next sale...

zkylon

zkylewd
So far my obvious purchases are:

Pillars of Eternity
Witcher 3
Way of the Samurai 4
Alpha Protocol

I have two checks coming in and my birthday is next weekend so i feel a little splurgy. If anything i might convince my gf to get me Witcher hehe

that's a lot of good coming ur way

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
And yeah, I usually do the hidden gems threads during sales. I can do as such when back home if no one else wants to tackle it. With so many games on Steam now, I may need some helo though. XD;

Monooboe

I think I've changed my mind about no dailies, at first I thought the sale would be boring but just having all the games on sale first day is actually a relief, I can look at my own pace not having that sense that I have to wait on a daily and then doing those impulse buys, now I just can take a moment and buy what I really want.

fantomena

I think I've changed my mind about no dailies, at first I thought the sale would be boring but just having all the games on sale first they is actually a relief, I can look at my own pace not having that sense that I have to wait on a daily and then doing those impulse buys, now I just can take a moment and buy what I really want.

FOwZ77O.gif

I think I've changed my mind about no dailies, at first I thought the sale would be boring but just having all the games on sale first they is actually a relief, I can look at my own pace not having that sense that I have to wait on a daily and then doing those impulse buys, now I just can take a moment and buy what I really want.

Yup. There is no need to be upset.

Hektor

It took me 3 fucking hours to beat the first boss of bloodborne and it has been so far the most unfun souls experience i've ever had.

The way the game plays really does not suit my playstyle.
The camera is goddamn terrible.
I have a really hard time reading enemy attack patterns
The camera is goddamn terrible.
Too muche enemy it's like the worst parts of DS2
And The camera is goddamn terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom