• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably pick up OlliOlli 2 at some point since I have the Alienware coupon and have to use it before it expires...other than that I dunno if I'll really pick anything else up this time around

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
BTW German GAF

the Quake keys from the BundleStars bundle can be activated in Germany!

BundleStars are liars! *shakes fist*

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Go To Bed: Survive The Night -- MB-55B40260C6F6C7FF - Taken by Akuosa. 4 entrants total.

t1448481697z1.png

take it

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
steam sale saved me 60 dollars.. now I don't have to buy Xenoblade since Steam Sale has scratched that exploration ITCH

is Ys Ark worth picking up if I haven't completed Origins or Oath yet
Ys games are stand alone in terms of story (beyond I&II, since II is a direct sequel, and Origin has callbacks since it's a prequel), so you won't be missing anything on that front. The gameplay of Ark also informed Oath and Origin apparently. I think it's fine to go for it if you want.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
rip Enhanced Steam

For what it's worth, the server load is once again blowing away any previous totals and exceeding my wildest speculations.

The servers are all still online though, and if it's not loading something it's because the servers are busy processing one of the other 30,000 or so requests they're processing each second successfully.

No FF sale was hopnig for good deals on Type 0 and V. Anyways what do you guys think of Castaway Paradise it's been on my radar for awhile now think it's worth it for the current price?

If I bought the 3D Realms Anthology because I am totally interested in the games would it happen to boost my game count by 32 as well.....not that I care.

Ludens

Banned
I'm the only one with several flickering problems on YsVI?
I have two houses I enter in, and graphics fuck up, with disappearing enviroment/characters.
Same when I hit the save point.
If I try to run the launcher, it only creates a file with a crash report.

Flandy

For what it's worth, the server load is once again blowing away any previous totals and exceeding my wildest speculations.

The servers are all still online though, and if it's not loading something it's because the servers are busy processing one of the other 30,000 or so requests they're processing each second successfully.

lol well hopefully it starts working soon enough.
It's what I'm using for my purchases. If it hasn't hit its historical low in over a year or is currently at historical low I buy it

Soulflarz

Banned
things I want

Life is Strange
Grisaia
Twilt to buy RL
Morrowind
New Vegas GOTY
Sonic Generations
That Shovel with the Knight thing :V
Ys VI
TitS SC

I think there was something else

Someone stop me

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
things I want

Life is Strange
Grisaia
Twilt to buy RL
Morrowind
New Vegas GOTY
Sonic Generations
That Shovel with the Knight thing :V

I think there was something else

Someone stop me

Buy New Vegas. Wait until the winter sale for everything else. Play New Vegas while waiting for the winter sale and maybe buy a few bundles here and there.

after giving steam time so all the deals are up i check out my wishlist to see for any good prices, boy is this sale hot trash.

They really do get worse with every new sale

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If I bought the 3D Realms Anthology because I am totally interested in the games would it happen to boost my game count by 32 as well.....not that I care.
Not only that, but it'd also make you a great person!

Seriously, a study once said that 78% of the people who played Hocus Pocus and Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure went on to live better and more thrilling lives than those who didn't. It also said that 95% of statistics are made up on the spot, but that's not very important.

Akuosa

This sale blindsided me, managed to just get one game... for the moment. There are a few things I want, but will wait for the moment.

I TAPED UP A RIP IN MY CHAIR BUT THE TAPE GOT STUCK TO MY BALLSACK WHEN I SAT D OWN
......you always nekkid on PC?
Bloodborne arrived, i'm so excited! #Hype
yOjtmUz.gif

RE: Separate threads, I think I will lock the community thread during the Winter sale. Whoever is doing January's thread should post it during the sale, and I'll leave it unlocked, and we'll update the Winter sale thread to advertise the community thread and drive some traffic back.

The other mods and I have spent a lot of time thinking about how we can help inject new blood in community threads without just having them sit in the main forums clogging up the front page, and I think the consensus is to encourage people to cross-promote. There's a strong norm of cross-promotion on reddit, where say if there's a subreddit about <Game X> and then news about <Game X> is posted in /r/gaming, posters will call attention to the fact that there's a subreddit for the game. I think that's something we could learn from. So using Steam-related threads in Gaming to "advertise" the Steam Community thread is something I'd like to see and I think the Winter sale thread would be a good way to do that.
Interested to see how it will be. Still remember last summer sale when I was new. It was such mayhem (so many posts). Hard to even read but it will surely bring new people in.
http://gear.playstation.com/en-us/brands/god-of-war/kratos-statue.html

$500 for a pretty dope Kratos statue. If I didn't have a feeling I will be getting laid off in January I would pull the trigger.
??? Dang buddy, hope all is going to end well for you :(
So I feel like this is the time I usually take before each sale to apologize in advance and let everyone know that Enhanced Steam's servers will likely be overloaded for a while, especially so when the sale first starts. It will be interesting to see the server load at 10am every day during the sale, considering that's when it typically spikes up to insane levels in other sales due to new daily deals being rolled out. Without these deals changing every day, I'm curious to see if there will be the same traffic spikes.

When allocating servers for the sales I always try to get enough horsepower to where I can sit back and say "Okay, there's no way this is going to get overloaded" (within budgetary restraints, of course) but every sale the level of traffic always surprises me and always exceeds not only my expectations, but also my expectations of what's even possible.

It's been nearly 3 years since I first released Enhanced Steam, and every major summer/autumn/winter sale has been the same cycle as described above. Now that it's been downloaded nearly 2,500,000 times (hint: it's likely that today will be the day it reaches 2.5m) it's hard to imagine that it started out on a shared VPS hosting plan and has grown now into 9 API servers behind a pair of redundant load balancers (11 dedicated servers total).

With any luck, there will be enough server power during the sale so that everyone who wants to can enjoy Enhanced Steam's features to the fullest. But please know that if things do go south, as tends to happen, that I'll be working on bringing additional resources online as quickly as possible.

Thanks again for everyone's support now and in the past, and I hope everyone has a great Steam sale!
apologize in advance
>_> Why are you apologizing even. Thanks for all and good luck on your servers. Think winter sale might be much more taxing.
YOOO Elite Dangerous for 15 bucks

The rest of my wishlist kinda sucks in terms of sale prices
12,37€ Pretty darn tempting. If the planetary DLC was included, I'd jump on that I think.
all 3 Skyrim DLCs are 75% off
X582RR3.png

QNlZs0i.png

StTi9xp.jpg

So anyone here plays ARK?

Me!

I had very little interest in survival games, but my girlfriend and i played during the extinction event free weekend, got hooked, and have played like 350 hours now.

There is a lot to like about the game, though it often takes a lot of effort (grinding?) to accomplish things. Pretty satisfying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom