• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

All you people talking about Christmas right now are a bunch of monsters.

Decorations have already gone up in the shopping centre by me and we've already booked the venue for the staff piss up. And all that before our ritualistic effigy burning night of November 5th too.

Arthea

Are you sure about that? I just checked DE, US, JP and RU and they're all identical except for the omission of Football Manager in Germany since it's not available

Pretty sure it's global

I'm pretty sure, because in the past there were many instances where we had different top seller lists being from different regions and all, but it could have been changed, not that I checked lately.

Tektonic

I kinda liked it at the start but hated when it became only grind and no fun. Then again it's achievements that make it grind and no fun, just playing for couple of hours is fun.

chasing that last achievement broke me. but i played it from the desura release, with no achievements and enjoyed it... not sure what his new games will be like, but he messaged me on steam to check it out 😃

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Dear Leader, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition DC -- MB-951FB46FA167EA4B - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

t1446467034z1.png

tumblr_mr31nnaali1qd8xn3o1_400.gif

(Also ignore thank you message rule, no need for it!)

oipic

What are some good antiviruses?

I'm using the freebie Avira on a couple of machines at the moment - it scores quite well in testing, seemingly, and isn't too naggy about upgrades (it seemingly displays an upgrade prompt once per day, but I'm lucky to have seen it once a fortnight or so, I reckon).

If you're willing to pay, then Bitdefender is the way to go, in my opinion.

Does Anno 2205 actually come out tomorow or is that date on steam just a placeholder?

Because if it does, talk about zero hype, damn :/

The horrible DRM on the previous entry probably didn't help.

I'm kinda interested, but no way I'm buying until there's a sale. And reviews/impressions.

Jazz573

I'm using the freebie Avira on a couple of machines at the moment - it scores quite well in testing, seemingly, and isn't too naggy about upgrades (it seemingly displays an upgrade prompt once per day, but I'm lucky to have seen it once a fortnight or so, I reckon).

If you're willing to pay, then Bitdefender is the way to go, in my opinion.

Adding my support for Bitdefender.

Arthea

chasing that last achievement broke me. but i played it from the desura release, with no achievements and enjoyed it... not sure what his new games will be like, but he messaged me on steam to check it out 😃

after grinding for hours, I decided it's not worth it and I don't think I'll ever get that achievement, so glad I'm not OCD at times like this.

Devs had several games on greenlight, but I haven't checked for a while, so not sure how these are doing.

The horrible DRM on the previous entry probably didn't help.

I'm kinda interested, but no way I'm buying until there's a sale. And reviews/impressions.

My friend got a review copy and has been talking to me about it for a while (we're both big Anno fans). Not sure if I should mention what he said here but yeah, wait for reviews.

derFeef

Doesn't Bitdefender screw too much with your system/browser setting? Or do you guys mean the antivirus only thing.

edit: I think I mean something different. I will look into Bitdefender, looks promising.

Arthea

everything I checked on nuuvem lately was locked
according to db, Brazil Fallout 4 key is region locked to Brazil. It seems not to have run lock, but as it is an unreleased game, I wouldn't swear by it.

edited: it's actually not even a SA lock, it's Brazil lock.

Uzzy

Bought myself a 980TI for a Christmas present. Now to wait for it to arrive.

I hate waiting. Can't I just download a better graphics card yet?

Arthea

region locking one country? check

we need to go deeper, next on agenda: region locking one city

Bought myself a 980TI for a Christmas present. Now to wait for it to arrive.

I hate waiting. Can't I just download a better graphics card yet?

I'm so jelly

of course you can, don't forget to download more RAM while you are at it.

dlkickassgraphics.com

Monooboe

wait, how can you decide something like that before even playing it?

Yeah I know it isn't logical but as much as I loved the Elder Scrolls games and latest Fallout games, I just know I will love the latest one. Sure I have easy to get hyped about a game but I really do think FO4 has the potential to be great.

Dr Dogg

I don't know about you folks but my GOTY for 2016 is Watch Dogs 2 and that hasn't even been announced yet. Though I might be slightly mental.

Arthea

I don't know about you folks but my GOTY for 2016 is Watch Dogs 2 and that hasn't even been announced yet. Though I might be slightly mental.

wait, what makes you think it will be announced at all?
I thought Watch Doggies didn't sell all that good, by Ubi standards, I mean, or did it?

shockdude

Panda Free Antivirus is underrated. Just saying.
Reached the letter D on the alphabetical journey through my backlog.

Darksiders.

Know nothing about the game. Heard fairly good-ish things about it here on GAF over time. Hope it will be worth a good chunk of my time to finish.
Long and boring ride awaits you.
Darksiders is one of those game series that people have divisive opinions of. I enjoyed it at least.

I should start Darksiders II.

I thought Watch Doggies didn't sell all that good, by Ubi standards, I mean, or did it?

It sold really well from what I understand, and I'm pretty Ubisoft is going to make it a franchise.

I'm actually excited for it too, I liked Watch_Dogs quite a bit.

Dr Dogg

Hmmm there's a loop I think you might be a little bit out of but at the time Watch Dogs was the highest selling new IP over here (beaten by Destiny a couple of months later mind). As disapointing it might have been for some folks it still sold stupidly well, and well enough to get it on the annualised train. So WD 1 in 2014, WD 2 in 2016, WD 3 in 2017, WD 4 in 2018 etc.

Sorry that's a little too spooky a thought for some and we've just past Halloween.

Arthea

Hmmm there's a loop I think you might be a little bit out of but at the time Watch Dogs was the highest selling new IP (beaten by Destiny a couple of months later mind). As disapointing it might have been for some folks it still sold stupidly well, and well enough to get it on the annualised train. So WD 1 in 2014, WD 2 in 2016, WD 3 in 2017, WD 4 in 2018 etc.

Sorry that's a little too spooky a thought for some and we've just past Halloween.

It seems I fell victim to hyperbole yet again.
So how good we are talking? AssCreed levels of good?

Dr Dogg

It seems I fell victim of hyperbole yet again.
So how good we are talking? AssCreed levels of good?

Well according to Eurogamer at the time it was Ubi's biggest UK launch beating out ACIII which I think was around the 350k mark. No idea what the global score is as I'm really not that interested.

fantomena

I literally don't understand why SEGA chose to port Sonic Lost World to PC.

I own the WIi U version and it's a big shit, anbsolutely terrible game in all aspects.

Sure, if you are a super duper mega Sonic fan or just want that 1+ in the library, other than that, there's no point in getting Lost World.

Eh, I can't find a good Saoirse pic which would fit the girl in my avi. One where she closes her eyes and smiles gently.

Help please, teamsaoirse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom