• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookieomg

Yeah so I tried both those methods, the steamflush and opting out of beta. No dice. Still have to login to the client again no matter what I do. What's even more curious is that now there appears to be a login before the client launches, which I successfully log in to... But when I go to the Store page, I have to sign in again. :/ It seems like a cookie problem but I don't have any programs on my computer that could be causing these sorts of issues.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Not without my donuts -- MB-7C351423CA7A21AE - Taken by MaxiLive

M.D

Is Nuuvem still safe to buy from? I saw some posts talking about it?

I wonder if I should pre-order Fallout 4 from them or buy it on release day.. what are the chances they remove that 28% discount?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

UmiharaKawase

0YI7BQR.jpg

عالم أريب

Piercing Blow (F2P)

Project Scissors update

Greetings to all Backers!
We're moving along steadily with the game development, and will be showcasing some new screenshots and even some fresh animations in the near future (both in Kickstarter and on our Twitter feed). Additionally, we're moving along swimmingly with the physical rewards as we aim our sights towards the future.
In fact, we've suddenly been caught in quite the situation, and we need the Backers' voices to help decide something. The first proofs for the DVD case of the physical edition of the game have arrived (which you last heard about back in February), and we've got a variety to choose from. It's impossible for us to decide in the office, so we'd like to hear the fans' vote! Here are your choices:
SokAsoU.png

yCCJFqC.png

NSbC512.png

It's hard, right? They all have an amazingly creepy appeal of their own! So let's get into the vote! Leave a comment below and we'll announce the winner in the next two weeks. This is cross posted to the Backers' Forum as well, so everyone will have a say!
May the best Scissor Walker win!

Arthea

now when I've bought Van Helsing 3, let's wait for it to appear on indiegala Monday bundle.

Fallout 4 is at the top of bestseller list, with that 60€ price. why?

edited: also a wild GOTY appears - Euro Fishing

I don't quite understand what have happened here, a game is not purchasable but has a release date today, inspite of being EA title before. Was it removed or something? what does it mean?

Arthea

Because it's Fallout 4.

ya, but 60€! Why we agree to this pricing? Well, I don't, but obviously most people do.

Now you know what mainstream is.

I do, but do you?

It's at the top because it's clearly gonna be GOTY and everyone has been dying for a game based in Boston.

it will? I think it has competition this year, like maybe mainline MGS or something

In my head I have already decided that Fallout 4 is going to be my GOTY, even if I kind of am tired of the engine, a year where we have Witcher 3, Life is Strange and so on... I have no good answer to give other than the hype.o_O

wait, how can you decide something like that before even playing it?

Monooboe

In my head I have already decided that Fallout 4 is going to be my GOTY, even if I kind of am tired of the engine, a year where we have Witcher 3, Life is Strange and so on... I have no good answer to give other than the hype.o_O

ya, but 60€! Why we agree to this pricing? Well, I don't, but obviously most people do.

The general public is much less price sensitive when it comes to games than we in our little enthusiast bubble. Many people will play nothing but F4 for months, price is largely irrelevant.

Arthea

The general public is much less price sensitive when it comes to games than we in our little enthusiast bubble. Many people will play nothing but F4 for months, price is largely irrelevant.

in my region that price is more than 1/10th of monthly income for most (1/5th for many), for a digital version no less.

If people agreeing to pay it is not insane, I don't know what is. Even 50€ is bordering on insanity, if we include season passes it is more than insane.

but yeah, it's a futile fight, insane or not, only I'm not going to play along with this kind of pricing policy, anyway, no matter what game.

Seeing niche crop up in this thread has me in stitches.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1133453

wait, are you saying that Halo is now niche? way to go, UK

so, basically you also think that sales what makes a game niche or mainstream?

Dr Dogg

wait, are you saying that Halo is now niche? way to go, UK

so, basically you also think that sales what makes a game niche or mainstream?

Hahaha I'm not saying anything, OP of that thread on the other hand is saying...

I feel this is quite a worry that Halo has become more niche and sold to a more core base tban a wider audience - this is supposed to be their flagship franchise.

Emphasis is mine so it sticks out but seeing that after yesterdays fun and games gave me a giggle.

Hektor

Niche just sounds weird to me now.

If you write it backwards it should become kinda familiar to you.

in my region that price is more than 1/10th of monthly income for most (1/5th for many), for a digital version no less.

If people agreeing to pay it is not insane, I don't know what is. Even 50€ is bordering on insanity, if we include season passes it is more than insane.

But your region isnt exemplary for the entire world. People got different amounts of money to spend in different parts of the world.

I - for one - wouldnt have an issue paying two hundred eurobucks for a game i really like if nessecary, tho, such a game would have yet to be released. (Im looking at you Automata!)

I rarely ever happen to actually spend more than 30€ on an individual game tho, for one thing because i dont consider most games to be worth a higher amount and for another because there is always a deal before or on releaseday.

Arthea

But your region isnt exemplary for the entire world. People got different amounts of money to spend in different parts of the world.

I - for one - wouldnt have an issue paying two hundred eurobucks for a game i really like if nessecary, tho, such a game would have yet to be released. (Im looking at you Automata!)

I rarely ever happen to actually spend more than 30€ on an individual game tho, for one thing because i dont consider most games to be worth a higher amount and for another because there is always a deal before or on releaseday.

I'm not talking about the rest of the world, F4 is top seller in my region.

Tomorrow Valve will change some currencies. Hopefully there will be some price mistakes here in China.

you won't forget me when it happens, I hope.
If it happens you won't do much gaming tomorrow
I hope steam chat can cope with it

It's kinda very weird that it had no local pricing in China. Aren't Chinese very active on steam?

Reached the letter D on the alphabetical journey through my backlog.

Darksiders.

Know nothing about the game. Heard fairly good-ish things about it here on GAF over time. Hope it will be worth a good chunk of my time to finish.

Reached the letter D on the alphabetical journey through my backlog.

Darksiders.

Know nothing about the game. Heard fairly good-ish things about it here on GAF over time. Hope it will be worth a good chunk of my time to finish.

Good luck with that, you should have blogged your journey. I would have read... at least up to Letter A.

no, they are not, at least those on the front page are regional.

Are you sure about that? I just checked DE, US, JP and RU and they're all identical except for the omission of Football Manager in Germany since it's not available

Pretty sure it's global

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom