• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

However, unlike previous years, I think I will see if we can post the new (post-sale) community thread while the sale is still going on, and invite people from the sale thread to join us, in order to cross-promote and get some new blood.

Mmm more new blood for the anime echo chamber

Arthea

No FF sale was hopnig for good deals on Type 0 and V. Anyways what do you guys think of Castaway Paradise it's been on my radar for awhile now think it's worth it for the current price?

It's probably way too late to answer that, oh well

Castaway Paradise is kinda OK, it's fairly simple too.
I spent something like 30 hours with it, but I was treating it like collectathon, because in my honest opinion sandbox aspect of it sucks, it doesn't look that great and ingame prices are ridiculous, so all redecorating thing doesn't work unless you are willing to spend a lot of time in there and i mean a lot while it still looks ugly no matter what you do.
OTOH my problem can be that I compare every such game with Rune Factory, and of course everything sucks in comparison,

Was more or less on the road for effectively 10 hours going to family for Thanksgiving.

Most of the past few threads were people crying about sales?

Did anyone actually enjoy anything they bought at least?

(I am really damn tired and slightly annoyed so I hope you all are doing better than me.)

Kyougar

Oh man. That's ace. Love a nice long story. I've just started playing it and realised very quickly that my character is a prick. I mean I just made the poor class president cry!

It is a great charackter Arc.
Clannad is for the first 50% a buildup of relations and worldbuilding. You even get the Opening Movie only after you cleared all the side-heroines and be on the main heroine path.

"After Story" is.... the Main dish. I hope you have a stockpile of tissues at hand.

Uzzy

I think I will, as previously done, close the thread during the winter sale.

However, unlike previous years, I think I will see if we can post the new (post-sale) community thread while the sale is still going on, and invite people from the sale thread to join us, in order to cross-promote and get some new blood.

For my part, I intend to do a few giveaways in the sale thread, then when that winds down do some giveaways in the community thread and mention that to the folks over in the sale thread. Hopefully that'll drive some new people our way.

user237

Is it worth paying extra for the imperial edition?

Yes, especially if you like to play as a melee fighter (stamina build, in ESO terms) because Imperials are a great choice for that. You also get a pet mudcrab (lol) and a free horse for all of your characters which saves you spending 10,000 gold in game for one.

Kriken

Did anyone actually enjoy anything they bought at least?

People playing games that they buy on Steam?

giphy.gif

data

(s)he wouldn't really like The Evil Within, at least that's my guess.
That and his/her arachnophobia might be highly tested by one of the recurring bosses.

That's nice... but can it be easily bought by someone not in South America and activated easily?

Just bought it myself and I live in Belgium, so yeah.

Lain

No Binding of Isaac sale? Man between this and no D3 on BNet my luck for waiting a better deal sucks.

D3 (and expansion) got a 50% price drop on bnet, so I'm not surprised it's not on sale with the other stuff. As of right now it costs more to buy the game on Amazon for me, and they're having a 58% discount on the base game and 13% on the expansion.

Sweet. Will buy. Again.

EDIT: Releasing tomorrow? Seems odd.

Did you forget that discussion some days ago about Pegi and release dates? If I remember right from what was said, the release date there refers to them putting out their rating.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Patriarch is comin to town:

BHnJKXG.jpg

When the Patriarch finally lands at the end of a game, he’s a towering pile of flesh and circuitry. He absorbs a lot of damage, sure, but that’s par for the course with Killing Floor bosses. Patriarch is in many ways the same character from KF1, but he’s learned some new tricks. When he spots players hiding from his rocket launcher attacks, for example, he turns the launcher into a mortar and lobs rockets up and over players’ cover.

His invisibility power is back, too, but he uses it in more interesting ways. Rather than simply a tool for retreat, the Patriarch uses his invisibility to attack unpredictably. Now when players lose sight of Patriarch they can’t be completely sure: did he run away to heal, or is he about to pounce on them from behind?

More importantly, however players beat Patriarch will be a very different approach from how they attack Hans, the current final boss in Killing Floor 2. Any map will have a 50/50 chance of spawning Hans or the Patriarch, and that uncertainty is part of Tripwire’s strategy for giving players an ongoing tactical puzzle.

The Endless Legend complete for $20 and change is a steal by the way.

Paid more than that overall for the game + DLC and I haven't even scratched the surface of it all. Gotten quite a bit out of what I have played though.

Vamphuntr

Windows 10 is kind of broken. It's really annoying. It really hates anti-viruses. I had AVG and after a while I got the error that it refused to updats and the AVG forum said it was because of a win 10 issue. I switched to Avast and now I got the critical error start menu isn't working which make the boot time really long then you cannot do anything except click sign out and try again. Managed to check online on my phone and that Avast was the cause and MS had no idea why so I booted in Safe mode and got rid off it.

I miss how stupid he looked in KF1.

But really, tying an in-game unlock (a playable character, no less) to subscribing to a friggin' Steam group is whack. Stop failing, KF2 devs.
The Endless Legend complete for $20 and change is a steal by the way.

Paid more than that overall for the game + DLC and I haven't even scratched the surface of it all. Gotten quite a bit out of what I have played though.
Roguelikes and 4X games of any kind do this to me. It's amazing. Hours will fly by as I scratch their surfaces.

They scratch that itch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know I'm not in the majority (and a HUGE fan of Final Fantasy) but I thought the mobile version of Final Fantasy VI was okay. The game is a masterpiece in and of itself - sure it's a shame they got rid of the charming pixel graphics of the original - but the story and most of the game mechanics were largely untouched.

In fact, where the game mechanics were altered it was all for the best: for example you can select Cyan's sword arts move and then the character will wait on his own to power it up, where in the original version you'd have to wait... and wait... and wait... until it was charged up, which blocked your ability to have your other characters do anything. Additionally they introduced "smart" autobattle mechanics that make level-grinding quite a bit easier.

They even updated the mobile version to be compatible with controllers and the controller integration was also pretty good.

I'm obviously not expecting much from a Steam release, and I'm not expecting anything that we haven't seen before. But having the game available on PC is a good thing and I suspect all the modding work that's been going into V will most likely be transferable to VI (since they're likely using the same engine) so the complaint of graphics may not even be a valid one at some point in the future. It's legitimately one of my favorite games of all time.

Arthea

FF6? Tomorrow? that's sooner than I thought, or that date is wrong?

I'm with jshackles on this one, I'll take a mobile version, I have and played original many times over, I just wish SE treated those remakes more seriously, but that's like wishing for frostie not to hate Trails, some things just are as they are and nothing can be done about it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
First day purchase
if its not the shitty mobile version

Every indication is that it will be the mobile version. Of course they could surprise you with a SNES ROM, but I doubt it.

Windows 10 is kind of broken. It's really annoying. It really hates anti-viruses. I had AVG and after a while I got the error that it refused to updats and the AVG forum said it was because of a win 10 issue. I switched to Avast and now I got the critical error start menu isn't working which make the boot time really long then you cannot do anything except click sign out and try again. Managed to check online on my phone and that Avast was the cause and MS had no idea why so I booted in Safe mode and got rid off it.

Why do you need anti-virus?

Eila

The better remakes IMO (I & II and IV) on PSP are not on steam. VI and specially V just look ugly.
Well, I guess I & II will eventually make their way to steam as they already have mobile ports. IV PSP will probably remain lost.
After that there's X and X-2 and maybe XII.

Volimar

I'm completely out of quests in Fallout 4 except for repeatables. I don't remember this ever happening in a Beth game before. Finally found Cait though. I guess I'll just wander around er something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom