• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikurden

Played FF6 for the first time on ios. did not mind the graphics.
Yeah, I don't get the hate for these graphics. I played and loved it on the SNES and to me the iOS graphics are true to the source material -- like that's how they would have looked if they could have made them at that resolution back then, but maybe I'm blind or they don't look good in motion or something (not sure I've actually looked at any videos).

Do any of the 4x game with extra rpg elements have a decent campaign? I'm talking about the stuff like Age of Wonders III, Endless Legend, or Galactic Civilizations III. I'm not limiting my options to those three they just seem to be the big one.

I have noticed a lot of games don't even match lowest prices recorded anymore. Stuff like Fallout has been 75% off for many years and now they only put them 66% off. The dream is dead.
AssCreed Unity isn't even on sale, can't buy some stuff cuz publishers still haven't listed them with new currency prices, this sale is SHIIIIIT!

Em1l2Q2.png

Damn, I could have given it to you.

impact

Banned
Played H-Hour during free-weekend. It was rough and kinda killed my interest in it.

Yea the free weekend was really bad. I was actually planning on buying it with my shooter group but decided to try the free weekend first and so glad I did. All of us hated it and decided even on a steep discount, it's a no go.

I was never a SOCOM player though, I came from a CS/Q3 background.

gelf

I know I'm not in the majority (and a HUGE fan of Final Fantasy) but I thought the mobile version of Final Fantasy VI was okay. The game is a masterpiece in and of itself - sure it's a shame they got rid of the charming pixel graphics of the original - but the story and most of the game mechanics were largely untouched.

In fact, where the game mechanics were altered it was all for the best: for example you can select Cyan's sword arts move and then the character will wait on his own to power it up, where in the original version you'd have to wait... and wait... and wait... until it was charged up, which blocked your ability to have your other characters do anything. Additionally they introduced "smart" autobattle mechanics that make level-grinding quite a bit easier.

They even updated the mobile version to be compatible with controllers and the controller integration was also pretty good.

I'm obviously not expecting much from a Steam release, and I'm not expecting anything that we haven't seen before. But having the game available on PC is a good thing and I suspect all the modding work that's been going into V will most likely be transferable to VI (since they're likely using the same engine) so the complaint of graphics may not even be a valid one at some point in the future. It's legitimately one of my favorite games of all time.

100% agree with you, the mobile graphics are not the end of the world, the games still good underneath. Better being available then not, and the modders can always get to work if need be. Though I could still enjoy it with the new graphics.

double dipped on critter crunch and ikaruga for my laptop. and got danmaku unlimited 2. now if only my friend can figure out what's wrong w/ my pc :/

Final Fantasy I was free for a brief period when they launched the FF App for iOS/Android a few months ago.
You should try the app anyway because there's Triple Triad in there.

Lomax

what is the better game between endless legend and age of wonders 3?

I love Endless Legend, but apparently AoW3 has much better combat. The combat in EL is its weakest point by far. So if you are looking primarily for fantasy tactical combat, I'd say go for AoW3. But if you're looking for a brilliant 4X experience, Endless Legend is outstanding.

Sölf;186819830 said:
fi73qFs.png

Well, shit.

I told you it was actually good. I'd play a "clean" game based on those mechanics in a heartbeat. Hopefully we'll get a true sequel eventually.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

These are both a bit rough around the edges, mostly being ported over from the 25th anniversary editions released on PSP. Still infinitely better than their original counterparts, but already starting to show their age compared to some of the later ports. Would still re-buy on Steam.

maty

Is Rocket League worth 6$? Gotta see what to add to my wishlist that I can buy when I am back in Beijing in 2 days.

If you ask corrosivefrost, it's not worth more than $4.34 exactly :p
Probably even less since he doesn't like the game.

Seriously, the game is great fun, totally recommended. Specially at that price.

Sölf

If you ask corrosivefrost, it's not worth more than $4.34 exactly :p
Probably even less since he doesn't like the game.

Seriously, the game is great fun, totally recommended. Specially at that price.

If you have someone to play with, yes, it's pretty fun. Alone, not so sure. I think it may still be fun, but not for long.

Haunted

I was pumped for Final Fantasy V and VI remakes after playing III and IV on DS. Then the mobile versions happened and it made me sad.

Just bought the deluxe version of Cities: Skylines and Murshimesama on nuuvem for 15 dollars via vpn so it still works without issues for the people who were complaining earlier.

Is Rocket League worth 6$? Gotta see what to add to my wishlist that I can buy when I am back in Beijing in 2 days.

Personally? No.
But as you can see with nabs enthusiasm, my opinion on the game is in the minority.

As with any stupid "worth it" question, YOU need to decide how much enjoyment you'll get by driving a car around to knock a ball into a goal. Do you have a lot of local multiplayer sessions with friends? Do you have a ton of Steam friends that are constantly playing the game and wish you would join them? If the answer to the last two is "not really", then you might not get your $6 worth out of it.

I was given the game for free TWICE and I still can't be arsed to play it. It's just not something I like -- and when I do want to play something multiplayer focused, I tend to go for other genres before I deal with racing/sports, most specifically cooperative FPS (PAYDAY 2 with over 400 hours played, KF2 with over 100 hours played).

Namco has really bungled the entire pricing on SotFS, likely to prop up the console version.

Tactics is the real strange omission.

I disagree. Namco did a good job with dealing with the upgrades by providing a clear and fair price scheme for players who already owned the content on Steam.

For those who want to be cheap about it, the upgrade has gone on sale during past sales, so all one needs to do to get it for sub-$20 in the near future is to get ahold of the $6 season pass via gamestop to go with their base copy and then wait for the upgrade to go on sale again. Or they could get a UK GAFer to help them get the $12 SotFS copy and just ask for the key once the game arrives. There are plenty of ways to work the system.

As for tactics, if it's on iOS, I'm sure it will show up eventually.

Lomax

I think you mean "oh no!!"
2JWZ3Ix.jpg

I'll take smoothed pixel art over blocky 3D any day. At least it still looks essentially like the original.

Still seems odd none of the Final Fantasy games are on sale at all. Maybe they're getting their own weekend deal shortly with the release of Lightning Returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom