• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You almost make me wake up everyone in the house.

CUuCf7eVEAEqe7o.png:large

the fuck u say u little shit

zkylon

zkylewd
Well with that FO1 mod and this apparently being a better game than 3 I'll try out the Fall Out franchise again.
VAM6GTx.png
it's basically a much better game in every possible way, the writing is much better, the rpg mechanics are much improved through much better quest design, the reputation system and really good rebalance of stats/skills/perks, the companions are great, the dlc is fantastic, it's a great homage to the series and an evolution of much of the great stuff from the early games

and it still has all the fancy bethesda stuff of walking to an abandoned building and looting it and reading about the ppl who lived there and shit. it's just that this time it's not terribly written

here's my list of nv mods if u want: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185620991&postcount=1924. it's a bit outdated but i think most of those are really good at enhancing ur game without drastically changing it or anything.

Guild Wars 2?
Yeah, new poppy too cute.
she's awesomeeeeeeeee~~~~~~

Just look up the h scenes online if that's your thing and go play Bejeweled 3 while you have those on loop via your laptop.

In regards to Trails in the Sky SC what is hardware vertex shading, should I have it on?

zkylon

zkylewd
In regards to Trails in the Sky SC what is hardware vertex shading, should I have it on?
u should have it on unless ur gpu is really bad

it's just a type of shaders (really bad explanation but i'm no durante) and by turning it off it probably makes the cpu run it which i guess could be wanted in some weird cases of ppl having really bad video cards

but yeah turn it on for better performance

I have one of these for when I need to play Elite. It's sooo good

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001CXYMFS/
I bought this setup and pedals back when I had a job that wasn't shit and hadn't gone back to school :p

Would be grand if I didn't play every game in existence and gave Elite and sim games the time they deserve. Still, it's nice to look at and just flip the switches every now and again.

Elite: Dangerous is gorgeous though.

What should I use to substitute the trash talking?
I thought the game seemed funny but I asked a similar question in this thread a few hours ago and people told me all of that fun dialogue is only in the beginning of the game :/

u should have it on unless ur gpu is really bad

it's just a type of shaders (really bad explanation but i'm no durante) and by turning it off it probably makes the cpu run it which i guess could be wanted in some weird cases of ppl having really bad video cards

but yeah turn it on for better performance
Thanks! Hopefully that stops the weird drops from 120 to 90 here and there.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea new vegas is kinda rough with the crashes and the bugs but it's more than playable, specially since there are mods that fix a lot of bugs, improve performance, etc.

and even when the game was filled with bugs and crashes it was still worth the headaches

Thanks! Hopefully that stops the weird drops from 120 to 90 here and there.
yeah maybe that'll help

generally all graphics stuff u always want to be hardware processed since videocards are obviously better at video stuff than cpu

Did a quick search. Boring side quests and poor writing?

Yes, most side quests are boring, but I enjoyed doing them because I brought my companions with me. Their banters are just top notch, pure Bioware goodness. I also enjoyed the combat (while lots of people might disagree).

This applies to any Bethesda-published Gamebryo game.

Fallout 4 didn't crash once for me!

I can confirm.
And it feels weird.

zkylon

zkylewd
let's not turn this into a praise tho

not crashing is not a good thing

not crashing is how a videogame is supposed to behave

Fallout 4 didn't crash once for me!

And New Vegas generally won't either if you download the mod that lets you use more of your ram instead of the 2 gb cap the base game has(I think)
Didn't for me either, until I had a shitton of saves and pausing caused slowdown and it CTD'd randomly a few times.

Moral of the story, don't have a bunch of saves.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, buying 2400MHz RAM turned out to be something of a mistake. I had to install a beta BIOS update to get it running above 1600MHz; it's now running at 2133MHz, which is better but not ideal. After a ton of Googling, I eventually found a 12-page thread on the G.Skill forums created by someone experiencing close to the exact same problem, so hopefully the folks there can be of assistance (I'll also try e-mailing ASRock).

This experience has soured me on ASRock motherboards, frankly. If I end up pulling the trigger on a 6900K next year, I'll pay the premium for a well-reviewed ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI motherboard.

$5 is the best price for the base game. The GOTY stuff is hit and miss. The first 3 portions are okay for the most part, but the final part is excellent.

Borderlands 2 is a hard game to recommend; not because I think it's bad (quite the opposite), but because the people who don't like it REALLY don't like it. But I like it a lot. The game is huge, content rich and beautiful. It has a stellar soundtrack and an absolute ton of maps, characters, and guns.

Whether you like the combat and/or the loot depends a lot on your demands for those such things. I'm not constantly thirsting for new stuff in Borderlands and I like the fact that it constantly pushes me to try new weapons, which can often feel pretty different based on variance of a few simple parameters. If you're looking for hugely different properties across a weapon class, you will be disappointed.

Also, if you like your shooters with enemies that go down in 2 or 3 bullets, BL is NOT for you. Some people call them "bullet sponges" but it's a lot more about keying in on weak points and creating sustained damage with different elemental types. Switching between multiple weapons and consistently hitting crits makes a world of difference. Not all enemies are weak to head shots.

But yeah, I really like BL2. The base game has 25-40 hours of content for a single play through. There's still usually 5000+ players playing daily. I wouldn't know how good the community is because I've only played the game solo.

Thanks for the info man. Kept me from impulse buying it but I'll keep it on my wishlist.

Hope you're prepared for frequent crashes.

¿Que? I think New Vegas crashed like... 3 times for me? And I play with a shit ton of mods installed. Use the S.T.E.P. guide and you should have a mostly stable game.

Knurek

This experience has soured me on ASRock motherboards, frankly. If I end up pulling the trigger on a 6900K next year, I'll pay the premium for a well-reviewed ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI motherboard.

I have nothing but good things to say about Gigabyte motherboards.
Haven't had one die on me yet, and I've been using them exclusively for the last 15 years.

Hektor

Is it how the camera is positioned?

It's more how the camera constantly gets stuck at objects. In the
cleric beast
fight, i sometimes didn't saw anything but walls and fur for 4+ seconds.

The camera is pretty much the same as the Souls games.

The first boss of Bloodborne is no joke (assuming you're talking about the first story boss and not the first optional boss).

You also need to learn to use the health regain mechanic.
Defensive doesn't work in this game unless you're good at dodging attacks.

It was the
cleric beast
, i suppose that was the first since that teaches you how to level up.

The health regain mechanic is cool, but yeah, it's definitely a change as im more the "back out when hit and estus" kind of player.

8ouGtut.png

Coming soon to Steam?

Nice.

Oh shit! I don't even care if it's the shitty mobile version. This is the best FF, day fucking one!

You seem to have misread that, it's neither Tactics or XII.

That Legend of Grimrock bundle for 5.99 is tempting. Is it a good game? Seems like it is.

Absolutely! It's very oldschool in the best way possible, while retaining modern controls and usability for the most part. Some of the puzzles are goddamn hard tho, it's not a game you wanna play to chill.

Now aren't you just full of hope?

tumblr_inline_nu31mlkxoV1rm9hbw_500.png

#TeamDespair Bro.

Door Kickers is pretty fun.

It really is, i highly recommend this game to everyone.

Wait until Creation Kit comes out. My Piper is gonna have swinging double D's when I'm done with her.

No Futa? I'm disappointed in you.

Tizoc

$40 Spartan Luke Cage Xbox One controller at Microsoft store dot com is mighty tempting, I have to quickly come up with a reason my perfectly fine Xbox 360 controller is suddenly lacking in some way to justify it.

Life is Strange ep 2 down. Nothing stops this train.

It's Twin Peaks: The Adventure Game. I think I forgot this was the case. Really should've bought it sooner.

Never let me miss stuff like this again, GAF. Don't bully, but... be forceful.

KainXVIII

Gat out of Hell for $5ish at last
http://store.steampowered.com/app/301910/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_23

Yeah well if more people actually weren't such cheap punks and got itwe'd have more Treasure games now would we?
I did my part and made giveaways of it, bought at full price I may add.

Now it's 50% off, peeps shouldn't give any fucking excuse, you want more Treasure games, just throw your money their way.

Lol, steamspy says 66,231 - 79,135 copies sold, that huge for super niche shmup games. How much more Treasure wants?
I even bought it for full price, but still not beat it, too hardcore for me.

Arthea

guys, stop buying so many games! You haven't forgotten that winter sale is in a month, it'll suck if you buy everything what's to buy now.

Tizoc

Arthea is merely resisting buying stuff, but by seeing his peers buying game he's getting the bug too.
So he's telling y'all not to buy so he doesn't buy :v

Hektor

I think the only game i'll be buying this sale is Sonic Adventures DX because i've just recently seen a video about it and it seems to be one of those "How the hell did such a game get made" kind of games that you just need to own.

$40 Spartan Luke Cage Xbox One controller at Microsoft store dot com is mighty tempting, I have to quickly come up with a reason my perfectly fine Xbox 360 controller is suddenly lacking in some way to justify it.

I'm tempted to get that or the Lunar White but I've been planning on getting the Elite controller once it gets restocked so might as well hold off until then.

Lol, steamspy says 66,231 - 79,135 copies sold, that huge for super niche shmup games. How much more Treasure wants?

Porting more Treasure games to Steam is most likely out of Treasure's hands.

Out of all the games they've developed, they own the rights to none of them.

serious answer:
you'll get winter seal cards while buying at winter seal, you can sell those for extra savings, or you can craft sale badges for levels time limited backgrounds and emotes.
What else reason do you need?
So if I wait I can either make 10-15 cents or spend a dollar to get a bunch of shit I'll never use.

Arthea

Won't the prices be pretty much same? Why wait?

because! just kindly wait

serious answer:
you'll get winter seal cards while buying at winter seal, you can sell those for extra savings, or you can craft sale badges for levels time limited backgrounds and emotes.

So if I wait I can either make 10-15 cents or spend a dollar to get a bunch of shit I'll never use.

not true, you can gemify everything and use gems to craft booster packs, get foils, sell them for huge money!

Knurek

guys, stop buying so many games! You haven't forgotten that winter sale is in a month, it'll suck if you buy everything what's to buy now.

Arthea, look deep into your soul.
You know you want to buy some games.
There's loads of RPG Maker games on sale. Most of Aldorlea and Degica titles are highly discounted.
There's Quell.
There's... Dunno, some badly promoted/explored/discovered indie title waiting to be found.
Go for it!

Deques

because! just kindly wait

serious answer:

Oh, I didn't think of that. I better wait for Winter Seal then :)
I blame you if the prices are higher in that sale :D

Arthea

Arthea, look deep into your soul.
You know you want to buy some games.
There's loads of RPG Maker games on sale. Most of Aldorlea and Degica titles are highly discounted.
There's Quell.
There's... Dunno, some badly promoted/explored/discovered indie title waiting to be found.
Go for it!

Already bought Quell and I blame you for it!
I also bought Among the Heavens, hopefully it's as fun as I think it is, you should too, also it has only positive reviews (100% positive in fact) if such things matter for you.

Oh, I didn't think of that. I better wait for Winter Seal then :)
I blame you if the prices are higher in that sale :D

of course you will

I assume some will be lower but most will remain the same, unless winter sale will have other, more exciting format than the autumn one.

edited:
cutest price mistake I've ever seen, would buy it for everyone if valve let me.
untitled-352krjw.jpg

that would fund my winter sale nicely, sigh

Tizoc

I think the only game i'll be buying this sale is Sonic Adventures DX because i've just recently seen a video about it and it seems to be one of those "How the hell did such a game get made" kind of games that you just need to own.

It was good for its time, but it hasn't aged well.
It's a game that would benefit from a remake and better controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom