• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the..

MYmhmfT.png

So I see Borderlands 2 is on sale for $5 (GOTY Edition $8.79).

I like FPS games. I like loot-driven RPGs like Torchlight and Diablo. It seems like I would like this game (never played the first Borderlands). Does it still have a healthy online playerbase? Does it ever get cheaper than this?

If you turn on public you will find some good people to run with. And a lot of weird behavior which you will get used to. You can also try matchmaking but that is more for follow the leader or high-level play.

I thought the credits were to expire on 24th. Haven't it expired for you yet?

That's what I thought as well. At one point I had $10 of credit directly from GMG, I think it was from preordering XCOM. I'm guessing that's the reason why it was still there, or it could be they are just giving folks a lil grace period.

Ludens

Banned
Is there a way to remove GFWL from RE Operation Raccoon City?
For some strange reason when I digit my GFWL password, it stops and I can't digit it anymore, so I can't use my profile, so I can't save the game.
EDIT: Solved by creating an offline profile.

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1446262&p=49190209&viewfull=1#post49190209

Day 7 after we suffered the Conversion from USD to CLP(local currency).

Third party has yet to provide actual methods of payment that work locally, or give any kind of info as if there will be any kind of actual support for local payments. or why paypal was disabled at all. what was meant to be a a way to ease the acess to store transactions for us Chilean users has turned into a nightmare.

Autum sales are already here and the only way to actually buy games on steam is through third party stores like humble store/greenman gaming/etc. or to buy prepaid codes, wich is shady as fuck.

on top of that, some games doesnt even have an asigned price. like, at all. you simply can't buy them

QLnIuLh.png

what the actual fuck is going on valve. you didn't even check this shit, how on earth is this even allowed.

ouch

Knurek

Who was it that posted here there will be incentives to visit Steam daily? Dusk Golem maybe?

Frankly, all I'm seeing are incentives to check other stores, that have daily deals (WinGameStore, etc).

dex3108

We shouldn't be surprised. Valve is more and more trying to transfer responsibilities to devs and customers. Steam got too big and they don't want to grow bigger Steam team. They locked down regional trade and now they are pushing authenticator for trades just to get devs/users from their back and make process human free as possible (i mean they are trying to reduce customer support tickets), they are introducing regional pricing but as far as i saw devs are responsible for prices, they removed daily and flash deals from sales but did nothing to change titles on Store page (i see same deals since sale went on on Store Home page)...

And i think that it will get worse and worse with more and more restrictions for users.

Arthea

There were (maybe still) some people who tried to mod in better sprites for FFV, but I haven't seen any progress on it

I'm not sure about FF6 it could be more manageable but when FF5 is concerned it has ridiculous amount of sprites, I'm not sure anyone can make it, inspite how dedicated, well, maybe a very large group of people can.

Ozium

Man Puncher if you are reading this know that your suffering with no internet is just training for the day Australia runs out of Amiibos

Deques

I'm not sure about FF6 it could be more manageable but when FF5 is concerned it has ridiculous amount of sprites, I'm not sure anyone can make it, inspite how dedicated, well, maybe a very large group of people can.

It's probably possible. With some dedication and 10 years of work it's possible.

Madn

I just bought Fallout NV instead of the ultimate edition. Am I fucked up or good to go?

Also: Am I supposed to play with KB + M or a controller?

Arthea

sprite maybe fugly as fuack, but FFVI mobile have many cool feature like repeat move etc

exactly! I know that people feel offended by graphics, but these are still remakes with some gameplay things fixed and running better, less buggy, as I said many times, I prefer these ports instead of them dumping snes emulator and originals on us, and let's not forget achievements too.
Not that I wouldn't preferred proper remakes, but people are way too much bent on graphics, fps complains make more sense to me.

exactly! I know that people feel offended by graphics, but these are still remakes with some gameplay things fixed and running better, less buggy, as I said many times, I prefer these ports instead of them dumping snes emulator and originals on us, and let's not forget achievements too.
Not that I wouldn't preferred proper remakes, but people are way too much bent on graphics, fps complains make more sense to me.

Both the SNES and GBA versions look better than those shoddy ports though. Nobody was asking for a full-on remake. Just a little bit of effort would have been nice.

Ban Puncher

Where are all the good bargains?

This sale suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I'll wait to buy stuff until the Xmas Sale because at least I'll get badges and other digital tat for making purchases. Unless Valve take those away too. Bah humbug.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

To be fair, the last part isn't exactly Valve's fault as publishers were given weeks to set updated pricing. That being said, I do think Valve should change how currency support is implemented: instead of subs disappearing from stores, they should instead auto-convert to the new currencies, based on Valve's own default conversion rates (e.g. $20 on Steam US results in a recommended price of 419 RUB on Steam RU) unless publishers have specified their own prices. The more currencies that are added, the worse things will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom