• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Okay, I've got about $15 left and I can pick 2-3 of these. Was say you guys?

Craft The World
Magicite
Highlands
Love At First Sight
The Escapists
Amnesia
Beyond Eyes
Submerged

Currently picking up

Ys 6
Alien Isolation
This War of Mine
HuniePop

I don't tend to only look at the hitbox unless there is a big swarm coming right at me. Getting a good lay of the land and planning accordingly to bullet path and speed seems better.

I meant to ask earlier, what's the difference in all the options for shooting...
There's like 4 different buttons for shooting.

BasilZero

So I tried out WWE 2k15.

For the most part its pretty awesome (though I can see why people hate it since it lacks some modes you would expect) - the last WWE game I played was 2007 on PS2.

Anyways, FPS was around 45 until I realized there was a Audience Tessellation option. Turned it off and now I got 60 FPS with a few hiccups from time to time which goes down to 58-59 which isnt a issue. All other settings were maxed out.

First match I tried was playing as Roman Reigns and I fought John Cena in a singles match....couldnt beat him - I got beaten by Superman Cena ;(!

(I like it - was worried my PC might not be able to handle it lol - tested out 6 man in a elimination chamber, fps went down but it wasnt anything major).

I don't tend to only look at the hitbox unless there is a big swarm coming right at me. Getting a good lay of the land and planning accordingly to bullet path and speed seems better.
This arrange mode is nothing but swarms though, lol.

I'm sure it'll come with down, I'm new to the genre. I did buy Akai Katana when it came out but I hardly got in depth with it. Did the infinite continue grind, lol. Really amazed by how well I'm doing in this arrange mode, I mean I'm no where near a 1cc but I was able to beat the insane level 3 boss without continuing.

What is your hitbox in this game though? I feel like there are times where bullets are going right through my circle so I'm not actually sure what it is.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I meant to ask earlier, what's the difference in all the options for shooting...
There's like 4 different buttons for shooting.
Not much difference really since some are shotcuts.
Regular shot button = shoot regular shots and if held puts you into focus mode which reveals your hitbox and slows you down.
Auto-Shot button = simulating you mashing the shot button so you get the same rate of fire without slowing down.
Rapid Shot=Alternates between regular and auto to exploit speed and produce more bullets from your shot.
Bomb button = slow the whole screen to hell
Shot Change= Changes shot type in modes that allow it.
This arrange mode is nothing but swarms though, lol.

I'm sure it'll come with down, I'm new to the genre. I did buy Akai Katana when it came out but I hardly got in depth with it. Did the infinite continue grind, lol. Really amazed by how well I'm doing in this arrange mode, I mean I'm no where near a 1cc but I was able to beat the insane level 3 boss without continuing.

What is your hitbox in this game though? I feel like there are times where bullets are going right through my circle so I'm not actually sure what it is.

It should be the middle of the circle your sprite reveals when you hold down the regular shot button.

Flandy

Sale loot
b4d4b4833a6473df88c513091c4a57e8.png

Might pick up ESO later but i'm not sure yet

Tizoc

Can we expect more games to go on sale today and in coming days?

Ori is getting a super edition soon right so I should wait to play even thought I got it during that price error eons ago?

I think so, it's still worth playing as is regardless unless you got an OCD for 100% completion or something :p

Dusk Golem. Don't know if he's doing it for this sale though.

I'll be making one soon, if DG doesn't mind.

fertygo

Bought Darkest Dungeon and New Vegas

I think I'm done

I can buy Amnesia :Memories with remaining wallet

but still unsure, its might at some bundle at this rate

Ludens

Banned
So I took Operation Raccoon City (in case it gets removed, it's the only RE excluding on rail ones I didn't play) and Lost Planet 2, is co-op still working on those games?

CDPR puts Witcher 3 on sale for 50% off.
Then they put the game+season pass pack on sale for 35% off.

But they leave Hearts of Stone at 10% off and the season pass alone with no discount.

Apparently they've been taking lessons from Bethesda.

kevin1025

Banned
Okay, I've got about $15 left and I can pick 2-3 of these. Was say you guys?

Craft The World
Magicite
Highlands
Love At First Sight
The Escapists
Amnesia
Beyond Eyes
Submerged

Currently picking up

Ys 6
Alien Isolation
This War of Mine
HuniePop

I'm in a massive minority (I'm expecting), but I really enjoyed Submerged. It's definitely not a deep game, but I had a really good time with it. It's Sightseeing, Animal Watching and Climbing Things: The Game, which is a-okay in my book!

I'll be making one soon, if DG doesn't mind.

I believe he is already on it.

Going to get to work on the Steam Autumn Sales 2015 Hidden Deals Thread. I was away all day, so I'm going to go do some digging right now, but anyone have any suggestions to throw on there as I get to working on the thread?

Amnesia: Memories for $2.99: Great discount, has cards, and a very positive review grade
Downwell for $2.00: a great rougelike arcade game similar to Spelunky and Doodle Jump
Strania for $8.99: A very recently released game that has a very generous discount. It's also a great shmup.

Ventara

I'm in a massive minority (I'm expecting), but I really enjoyed Submerged. It's definitely not a deep game, but I had a really good time with it. It's Sightseeing, Animal Watching and Climbing Things: The Game, which is a-okay in my book!

I actually just finished watching a review on that. I definitely do like exploration games, but it seems this game doesn't have that much to explore and can be completed in 1-2 hours. I think I'll wait for a 75% sale for this one.

The last boss in arrange mode is the craziest difficulty spike I've ever seen, I've had to use like 6 continues where on previous bosses I was able to beat them within a life or two, what in the hell.

Khronico

First impressions of Elite Dangerous:

-Huge range of flight options, took me 30 mins to get the basic controls down.

-Took me 10 mins and 100 credits in fines to finally land my ship for the first time. I was sweating bullets.

-This hyperspace esque mode looks and sounds amazing.

-Took out a merc ship with my puny lasers, took me a good 5 minutes of shooting to finally take him out. Did some sick combat maneuvers in the process.

-The UI is brilliant, never takes you out of the cockpit, you just look around to get holographic menus to pop up. Super neat.

-Moving your characters head around is actually important. I could totally see this game being amazing in VR.

So far all I've done is one basic mission and I'm really impressed.

Ventara

Dont buy Huniepop on Steam. Buy it off the Humble store so you can get the Steam key and the DRM Uncensored copy as well.

Hmm, it's not on sale, though. Can't I just patch the Steam version?

Edit: Maybe they just haven't started their Black Friday sale yet? I'll wait until Friday.

BasilZero

Hmm, it's not on sale, though. Can't I just patch the Steam version?

Not sure about patching it but give it a few days - I'm sure it'll be on sale on Humble whenever they do the thanksgiving/black friday sale that they do.

Edit: It was on sale few days ago too lol.

Tizoc

Dusk Golem is working on one. I'll find the quote, one sec.

NinjaEdit: Here.

Maybe coordinate with him?

Awesome thanks, I'll PM him what I wrote once I'm done :D

As I understand it it's evening time in the US so if DG is gonna put up the thread the next day (Thursday) that'd give me enough time to complete a list for him.

Regarding Dying Light DLC and Season Pass new price...

"As promised back in August, our expansion will still be free for all Dying Light Season Pass holders," Techland said in a statement. "However since the Season Pass will now include this bigger-than-anticipated addition, we needed to adjust the price accordingly."

That means Dying Light: The Following will sell for $20, not $15 as originally announced, while the Dying Light season pass, which includes The Following, is going from from $20 to $30. The good news is that the increases won't take effect until December 8, because Techland "didn't want this to come as a surprise," so as long as you grab it before then, you'll still get it at the lower price. Those with a cynical bent might see an element of sharp marketing to it, but if the price is going up anyway, a little heads-up is a good thing, no?

Kill me with a crowbar if old...

Dr.Acula

Banned
Regarding Dying Light DLC and Season Pass new price...

Kill me with a crowbar if old...

Dying Light was one of my fav games this year. I just wish I had a bigger HDD so I could have some "evergreen" games on there, but it's not really feasible, so DL got deleted. The horde and challenge modes didn't compel me, but hopefully the expansion is good. I'll wait to see.

Blu(e)

anigif_original-grid-image-30169-1418937910-4.gif

Trying to follow the base tip of "only look at your hitbox" and my eyes are starting to glaze over.

Arrange mode is really cool, I have no idea what the giant numbers popping all over the screen mean but it looks cool!

Here's a score system guide that can help you familiarize yourself with the different modes and some tips. Good luck!

Also what stick do you have? I'm in the market to buy a new stick and I'm not sure what to pick up.

BasilZero

No regrets.

Thanks to my $50 steam wallet card I got from work l0l

Also got that Bundle Stars Quake Bundle which I've been waiting for a long time!

Vs76ZmS.png

Here's a score system guide that can help you familiarize yourself with the different modes and some tips. Good luck!.

Also what stick do you have? I'm in the market to buy a new stick and I'm not sure what to pick up.
Thanks for the link!

I have an eightarc fusion in the synthesis variant which is see-through like the game boys of yore. I love it but I'm terrible at fighting games and don't use it for that so I can't really give an advanced review. Just use it for brawlers and shooters of this type.

Salsa

good lord at Dying Light on Hard

when you die you lose more XP than you gain with sidequests

basically locking you down levels if you die a lot

it's infuriating

but.. it works

but ffs im gonna break something

Salsa

I just did 3 long ass sidequests

was midway from level 7 to 8

died 2 times

back at level 7 0XP. effectively ruining all my progress towards level 8 and making those sidequests pointless

this is the worst punishment ive seen in a hard difficulty in a long time

it's god damn terrible

and im gonna keep playing it

BasilZero

meh the last time it was any cheaper was like 18 months ago or something. Even then it was only by like $2

Do you have the other games in the series?

If not - might wanna wait for Elder Scrolls Anthology to go on sale.

You can get all the games and their DLC content for like $15 to $20 on Amazon - I got mine like that.

Get physical copies + steam keys!

Although its interesting that they have two versions of the GOTY edition for Oblivion o_O. Strange.

Edit: $6.79 for regular GOTY edition and $8.49 for the "Deluxe" GOTY edition - which includes additional content o.o , must be something new they added recently.

Strangely - it says I own the deluxe edition through my Anthology steam key, huh what do you know lol.

BasilZero

I guess in the holiday sale next month if I dont use up my extra funds for next month from bundle sites - I'll snag Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition and Ys VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom