• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

To be fair, the last part isn't exactly Valve's fault as publishers were given weeks to set updated pricing. That being said, I do think Valve should change how currency support is implemented: instead of subs disappearing from stores, they should instead auto-convert to the new currencies unless publishers have specified their own prices.

Too much work for Valve. XD

Ban Puncher

Sneks?

adFqwRO.gif

Ban Puncher

I have it on good authority that snakes and birds would never bump uglies and produce some kind of nightmare hybrid.

I cannot support historical inaccuracies.

Arthea

Arthea what are some good hidden indie gem babies you think should go and buy on the steam sale right now?

if you like puzzle games:
Quell Collection
Among the Heavens
Hexcells games
LYNE (everyone should embrace LYNE)
Sokobond (it's an interesting concept, but a game feels repetitive and waiting for deeper discount is advised)
Hook is good (barely discounted, tho)
Critter Crunch (must have)

arcadeish:
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe

RPGs:
Transistor (of course most have it already)
Millenium games all have huge discounts, btw, if you are OK with RPG maker games
Crystal Story II (if you are OK with flash games, it's great and has a lot to do)
Half Minute Hero (everybody has that, I think)

and of course everybody should buy Nep Nep

there are a lot more, but those that came to mind immediately.

it's on my wishlist btw, but I'll wait for winter sale and will see how it goes from there, limited funds and such boring stuff

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hello Queen Of Helheim
Your purchase has been refunded by Steam.
We’ve issued the refund to your Steam wallet. The funds will be shown now as pending and will become available to spend within 7 days.
You’ve requested a significant number of refunds recently. Please keep in mind that refunds are not a method for trying out games. If we think the refund system is being misused we’ll decline to grant future refunds.

Hello Queen Of Helheim
Your purchase has been refunded by Steam.
We’ve issued the refund to your Steam wallet. The funds will be shown now as pending and will become available to spend within 7 days.
You’ve requested a significant number of refunds recently. If you’re unsure about a product, make sure to check out the customer reviews before purchasing.

ive refunded the same game twice haha

Knurek

Millenium games all have huge discounts, btw, if you are OK with RPG maker games

Same with Degica published games:

Edolie
Deadly Sin 1 & 2
The Princess' Heart, Whisper of a Rose, Sweet Lily Dreams
3 Stars of Destiny
Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm

Turfster

Because people told me to:

Yes, I am back in the country.
No, I won't be posting for the foreseeable future due to serious illness.
Someone else do dailies and humbles and whatnot.
Sorry.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Enter the Dragon Punch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Snakebird -- MB-0FDB1B9F74FF718C - Taken by maty. 27 entrants total.

t1448547520z1.png

I'm sorry to whoever wins this. I do not mean to break a man.

if you like puzzle games:
Quell Collection
Among the Heavens
Hexcells games
LYNE (everyone should embrace LYNE)
Sokobond (it's an interesting concept, but a game feels repetitive and waiting for deeper discount is advised)
Hook is good (barely discounted, tho)
Critter Crunch (must have)

arcadeish:
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe

RPGs:
Transistor (of course most have it already)
Crystal Story II (if you are OK with flash games, it's great and has a lot to do)
Half Minute Hero (everybody has that, I think)
f

The only bad thing I can say about Transistor is that it is boring as fuck.

Super puzzle platformer is cool though.

Because people told me to:

Yes, I am back in the country.
No, I won't be posting for the foreseeable future due to serious illness.
Someone else do dailies and humbles and whatnot.
Sorry.

Take care.

This sale strikes me as being utterly pointless? How do the sales keep getting worse every year? This sale has no incentives for me to buy anything, when products will likely receive the same or a better discount during the winter sale. Atleast the winter sale will have cards I guess. I miss the daily deals, waiting to refresh the page hoping for priceglitches etc.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Sölf;186854285 said:
God, AdVenture Capitalst has a Black Friday Event. Why. I don't have time for this. D:

So glad I managed to kick the habit of that game. Fucking clickers. More like "crack"ers.

Wait....that didn't come out right.

Arthea

Maybe squeenix save FF steamstore sale when FF VI hit the store?

more likely Lightning will return with franchise discounts, that would make sense

So glad I managed to kick the habit of that game. Fucking clickers. More like "crack"ers.

Wait....that didn't come out right.

Clicker Heroes just got a whole lot better with a new update, there is this new type of heroes that can make quests for riches and glory.

just sayin

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Shadows on the Vatican Act I: Greed -- MB-948FC60F2AEFBB0E - Taken by dave is ok
BloodRayne Betrayal -- MB-10BBA46B766F5395 - Taken by Saty
Armed with Wings: Rearmed -- MB-5B9E974D7F26948A - Taken by Tizoc
Go To Bed: Survive The Night -- MB-805ADB2756B0DDE5 - Taken by Eila

derFeef

I am planning to move my Steam installation and to an external hdd (ssd adapter) so I can move all my games with me and have it available on my PC's. Can I have two seperate Steam installations on a PC with different games? So let's say if I am not having my HDD with me so I can still play some games I always have installed - and if I have it with me I just plug it in. Is that manageable via the installation folders, or should I just move the complete Steam folder with the game there and keep a seperate installation on the PC's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom