• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm ok with this, but there is nothing stopping them from changing it in the future should Bethesda go the paid mod route themselves...

staff piss up.

uh.... I'm assuming this is a 'party'?

I don't know about you folks but my GOTY for 2016 is Watch Dogs 2 and that hasn't even been announced yet. Though I might be slightly mental.

Still waiting for a good deal on the first one because I hate myself.

Eh, I can't find a good Saoirse pic which would fit the girl in my avi. One where she closes her eyes and smiles gently.

uh, that's ok. With all Saoirse avatars, this thread has become fuck all confusing.

Eh, I can't find a good Saoirse pic which would fit the girl in my avi. One where she closes her eyes and smiles gently.

Help please, teamsaoirse!

What about this one?
Saoirse-Ronan-saoirse-ronan-2216045-266-400.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah, NumaNuma should be great. Also looking forward to The Witness, FireWatch, Xcom 2 and Divinity 2

Deus Ex could be cool. Dishonored 2, Doom, Dark Souls 3...there is some good stuff coming.

I am also excited for Mirror's Edge despite it being on.....that other store.

Knurek

I want FF12 HD port to be my Steam 2016 GOTY.

Alternatively, DQ8 HD port with 3DS additions, full voice acting and classic menus.

But most probably, something from 2012/13/14 will be my GOTY.

Nabs

SEGA pls

Just bring Sonic Colors to Steam already.

The only world I cared for was Planet Wisp. Everything else was just okay to not very good. It has a great soundtrack and looks pretty, but that's about it. I'll never understand why it's universally loved.

But I wouldn't mind seeing it on PC just for Wisp alone. Until then, I'll just play it on Dolphin.

Dr Dogg

uh.... I'm assuming this is a 'party'?

You could say that

pN0yB2b.png

Still waiting for a good deal on the first one because I hate myself.

Obviously value is subjective especially when you consider hour per enjoyment (yes that's a loopy factor I've just made up) but bar a little lull in act 3 that really could have done with some cutting down but my 50+ hours in Watch Dogs were pretty enjoyable. Granted doesn't look anywhere near like it's press showing, early performance issues threatened to put a dampener on the whole things and the bullshit drinking challenge mini game was unwinnable against the higher level opponents until it was patched but at $15/£10 I'd say it's a steel and if it ever got to $7/£5 then it's a no brainer really. Well if collect-a-thon games are your thing.

Ludens

Banned
This thread is always creepier everytime I check it.
Please Jase change that avatar back, now I can't recognize half the users here and the thread is getting bombed with jpeg etc, this is worse than anime moments.

Obviously value is subjective especially when you consider hour per enjoyment (yes that's a loopy factor I've just made up) but bar a little lull in act 3 that really could have done with some cutting down but my 50+ hours in Watch Dogs were pretty enjoyable. Granted doesn't look anywhere near like it's press showing, early performance issues threatened to put a dampener on the whole things and the bullshit drinking challenge mini game was unwinnable against the higher level opponents until it was patched but at $15/£10 I'd say it's a steel and if it ever got to $7/£5 then it's a no brainer really. Well if collect-a-thon games are your thing.

I fully support Hours per Enjoyment as a metric, which is why Clicker Heroes will be in my top 5.

250 hours and counting. 4 Achievements left.

Copons

Holy shit, so the bird there is JaseC and every other Saoirse is somebody else?

How am I even supposed to know who's who anymore??

Arthea

Ubi magic is a real thing after all. How do they do it? I mean how a game seemingly everybody doesn't like, sells like hot cakes. It's their marketing, isn't it?

It is creepy most of the time, yes.
I see you are back being a member, when did it happen?

I just imagine that everybody is a clone of Jasec, makes it less confusing.

Volimar

The only world I cared for was Planet Wisp. Everything else was just okay to not very good. It has a great soundtrack and looks pretty, but that's about it. I'll never understand why it's universally loved.

But I wouldn't mind seeing it on PC just for Wisp alone. Until then, I'll just play it on Dolphin.

It's a fun game. Tropical Resort is a good stage as well. I know what you mean though why you say you don't find the rest of the levels not that great. At times. Problem is I think they had too many acts for some of the levels. Probably better off just making new areas. Some of those later acts aren't too great but, the soundtrack is amazing. Boss battles had some variety to them. I still had a lot of fun with it though.

You guys see this from OT?

Voice actress Miyu Matsuki passes away at 38

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=183827645

Heard about it yesterday. I loved pretty much all the rolls she did for various things. Fuck pneumonia man.

Nabs

It's a fun game. Tropical Resort is a good stage as well. I know what you mean though why you say you don't find the rest of the levels not that great. At times. Problem is I think they had too many acts for some of the levels. Probably better off just making new areas. Some of those later acts aren't too great but, the soundtrack is amazing. Boss battles had some variety to them. I still had a lot of fun with it though.

Yeah, each planet kind of drags a bit. I don't want to make it sound like I didn't have fun with parts of the game. I ended up playing a stupid amount of it. And that Wisp soundtrack...

Please Jase change that avatar back, now I can't recognize half the users here and the thread is getting bombed with jpeg etc, this is worse than anime moments.

You will soon be dead inside like the rest of us. It won't matter for much longer.

Yeah, each planet kind of drags a bit. I don't want to make it sound like I didn't have fun with parts of the game. I ended up playing a stupid amount of it. And that Wisp soundtrack...

Yeah, Planet Wisp Act 1 is coming close to being my favorite Sonic song of all time. Which says a lot considering how good all of these games OSTs are.

Aquarium Park Act 3 ain't no slouch though either.

I went through my Funstock Digital orders and my Mad Max one has 2 keys now for some reason which is weird because it only had one before (I haven't been double billed or anything so it's nothing I'm worried about). The game had an issue where the pre-order DLC wasn't showing up for a day or two until they patched it in or something so I really don't know what the second key is for. I tried redeeming it and it said I already had the product it was for (obviously) but I dunno if it's for the full game (which wouldn't make any sense at all) or if it's for the pre-order DLC.

don't let people bully you into changing your avatar, tell them fuck off and eat a dick.

this message was brought to you by your favorite hero, Hero Prinny.

I personally want assassins creed set in WW2. Could basically be the saboteur 2.

one of the games i missed out on last gen :(

I'm guessing there's a reason why a bunch of people on my Steam friends list have bought all bought Ninja Gaiden: Yaiba at the exact same time. Price error?

M.D

No clue, but unless you're in South America or have someone to help you out, it's gonna be a pain to get a hold of.

everything I checked on nuuvem lately was locked
according to db, Brazil Fallout 4 key is region locked to Brazil. It seems not to have run lock, but as it is an unreleased game, I wouldn't swear by it.

edited: it's actually not even a SA lock, it's Brazil lock.

Hmm, I thought if you're able to see the game without using a VPN it should be purchasable? did something change? because I'm able to see Fallout 4 on their website without using a VPN

I assume we're talking about act of purchasing being blocked to SA/Brazil and not the actual product on steam, right?

Edit: Oh, it says in the checkout page "Alguns jogos no seu carrinho não estão disponíveis na sua região" "Some games in your shopping cart are not available in your area
"
So using a VPN will solve this?

Ludens

Banned
I went through my Funstock Digital orders and my Mad Max one has 2 keys now for some reason which is weird because it only had one before (I haven't been double billed or anything so it's nothing I'm worried about). The game had an issue where the pre-order DLC wasn't showing up for a day or two until they patched it in or something so I really don't know what the second key is for. I tried redeeming it and it said I already had the product it was for (obviously) but I dunno if it's for the full game (which wouldn't make any sense at all) or if it's for the pre-order DLC.

Well, if it's not redeemed you can give it away. If you own the base game+DLC, you own all the package. Maybe it's a mistake and they gave you another key for the base game? When you try to activate it and push proceed, what it shows? Mad Max?

Tizoc

Seahorsie!
il_570xN.311681946.jpg

OK so bets that Jimquisition ep. for today will be about WB and him retreading ish he already said in previous videos?

Ludens

Banned
it says Mad Max

So there are two possible cases:

-the key is the same one you used to redeem the game, with the other key being the Ripper DLC
-the key it's a duplicate by the site, so it's a mistake.

What happen if you try to redeem the other key on the site? Does it say "Ripper DLC"?

So there are two possible cases:

-the key is the same one you used to redeem the game, with the other key being the Ripper DLC
-the key it's a duplicate by the site, so it's a mistake.

What happen if you try to redeem the other key on the site? Does it say "Ripper DLC"?

They both say Mad Max...I know the key I used originally because it ended with EA and I laughed to myself because of that

Dr Dogg

That loony who has it in for The Witcher III in all the Fallout 4 threads so far reminds me of iambladders in the Watch Dogs downgrade threads. Dude was off their nut, got banned, got their account reinstated again, bish changed their name to iamthedogewhowatches and then got banned again.

Arthea

Hmm, I thought if you're able to see the game without using a VPN it should be purchasable? did something change? because I'm able to see Fallout 4 on their website without using a VPN

I assume we're talking about act of purchasing being blocked to SA/Brazil and not the actual product on steam, right?

Edit: Oh, it says in the checkout page "Alguns jogos no seu carrinho não estão disponíveis na sua região" "Some games in your shopping cart are not available in your area
"
So using a VPN will solve this?

not really, I'm not sure how is it in their new site, but in old one I could see many unpurchasable games.

using VPN to buy and activate should solve this, I mean a key is still locked, even if you'll manage to buy it, you wouldn't be able to redeem it without using VPN too. It's not a case of false warning, if that's what you are asking about.

Nzyme32

Deus Ex could be cool. Dishonored 2, Doom, Dark Souls 3...there is some good stuff coming.

I am also excited for Mirror's Edge despite it being on.....that other store.

Yeah all of these are things I am looking forward to. Especially Dishonoured 2 Deus Ex and DS3. A little on the wary side of Doom since it seems to be leaning more to what 3 was doing mixed with the Brutal Doom Mod, along with going for the gritty brown pallet. I was hoping for a return to fast gameplay and brutal enemy numbers; feeling frantic and in awe of the chaos and eeriness. Doom doesn't seem like it will offer that.

We're just too niche in here.

Games are the niche here. Anime is the real thread. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Steam anime that this thread is based on, and I just wasn't paying enough attention.

I'm just here for the fad. I'll revert to something else when Saoirse become niche again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom