• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If sitting on the couch is more feasible, I wholeheartedly suggest the Steam Link.

I've used it exclusively wireless since I got it. It has some audio stutter issues that are currently being worked out, but my frames have been surprisingly consistent.

Fallout 4 was where I found the sound issues. Axiom Verge has been utterly flawless.

And speaking of Axiom Verge, here's why that game kicks ass: I find an upgrade. Is it a 5% damage boost or attack speed or crit chance or crit damage?

Nah, it makes my projectile bigger. As in larger. This isn't some abstract, easily balanced around upgrade. This is tangible with immediate results. The game has not been an homage to my childhood gaming. This is a game that is directly of that mind.

Playing a game like Fallout or Witcher, I can find myself paralyzed with decision. But throw me in a 2D world like this numerous large branching paths and I just put my nose to the ground and go. It's almost muscle memory.

To be honest i think the Fallout 4 audio issues are with the game not the link. I play with no link and I get audio stutter. 60FPS though. I may invest in a steam link actually if it actually works flawlessly. Remote play was really slow it my house.

Arthea

Zero damage to my wallet so far in the autumn sale.
I'm getting better at this.

I've bought only four games, and considering no dalies or flash sales, I'm done and I did great. Now that is getting better, not what you think it is: not going into store or checking deals

I kid I kid

Soulflarz

Banned
CUvr-7dVEAInX88.png

shipping kills most of these

Ludens

Banned
I asked a refund for Operation Raccoon City and Lost Planet 2: it's very hard, and VERY boring, play those two titles on solo. On LP2 if you die too often you need to restart the whole chapter from the scratch, so thanks, no.
EDIT: Well, I think I'll keep those, maybe Capcom is planning to implement Steamworks.

Dr Dogg

STEAM | December 2015 - The Shackles are Off and Lightning Will Strike Thrice with Just 'Cause (feat Wiafus, Weirdos and Cow Catapults)

Soulflarz

Banned
Square has probably one of the worst sites to get anything done sadly.

What did ya buy?

Edit: Ah I see FFXIV.
I want my $5, newegg lol

*goes to SEs site*
*says go to <digital river's site> and request cancellation*
*order doesnt show up*
*calls DR CS*
"we don't take care of that, Square Enix has customer support for that"
"wait but on their site it specifically says contact you"
"You must contact square enix directly"

ASDFGHJKL;'

septicore

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but there's a pricing error on Newegg.

King's Quest Collection for $9.99

You can also use the promo code EMCKKNT58 to bring the price even lower.

Newegg requires somebody from the US to purchase it as I got my friend from the US to buy a copy for myself and I've also redeemed it into my Steam account to confirm that it is the full collection and not the single episode.

Arthea

STEAM | December 2015 - The Shackles are Off and Lightning Will Strike Thrice with Just 'Cause (feat Wiafus, Weirdos and Cow Catapults)

that actually would be a pretty nice thread title, unfortunately it is way too long

lemme shorten it for you

STEAM | December 2015 - Shackles are off 3 strike Lightning just Cause (Waifu weirdos and Cow Catapults)

here you go
sorry

You forgot to remove the apostrophe ):

guilty, thanks for pointing that out

Awesome thanks for that :D

Time to start FF8 for the first time. Been looking for this to be discounted for a while.

For UK peeps Newegg worked for me with a spoof US address on Paypal.
How did you get around the fact that PayPal only lets you enter UK addresses? I don't have a choice to enter states or zip codes, just countys and post codes.

Ventara

Why are some people buying LiS from Square Enix store? Isn't it $10 on steam itself?

Edit: Oh wait, I guess it would be $11-12 after conversion. My bad.

guys, stop buying so many games! You haven't forgotten that winter sale is in a month, it'll suck if you buy everything what's to buy now.

I know you're kind of joking but this has been a bit of a bother. Playing mind games with the publishers to try and guess which games might not get better discounts in the Winter sale. Like for example, the Arma 3 DLC bundle is 50% off right now. As far as I know this is the first time it has been discounted in 2 years and Bohemia is definitely the kind of company who might decide not to repeat this discount in the long sale. The Resident Evil Racoon City pack is the same. And Ubisoft for once decided to discount their back catalog. Picked up the Rainbow Six bundle because I have a bad feeling that it could be the next Tom Clancy game to get removed.

I'm really starting to wonder why Valve seems to have rushed this transition. After not getting anything done for about 2 years, they suddenly decide to give local currency support to about 5 new countries every week for the past month.

It's bizarre because I don't think this is going to lead in some massive spike of revenues for them (especially considering most countries have lower pricing anyway). And it's all for naught if you don't actually take the time to implement the most popular payment methods per country and ensure that games have a price listing so they can actually be bought.

To be fair, the last part isn't exactly Valve's fault as publishers were given weeks to set updated pricing. That being said, I do think Valve should change how currency support is implemented: instead of subs disappearing from stores, they should instead auto-convert to the new currencies, based on Valve's own default conversion rates (e.g. $20 on Steam US results in a recommended price of 419 RUB on Steam RU) unless publishers have specified their own prices. The more currencies that are added, the worse things will get.

Publishers would not be happy if Valve defaulted to selling games in another region with their lower pricing setup. Instead what Valve should do is use a direct currency conversion so a $20 Steam US price converts to $20 in any local currency, even if that amount is far higher than their conversion system.

To be honest i think the Fallout 4 audio issues are with the game not the link. I play with no link and I get audio stutter. 60FPS though. I may invest in a steam link actually if it actually works flawlessly. Remote play was really slow it my house.

I had trouble streaming to a crusty old laptop I fixed up. I've had no real issues here.

I haven't ran anything to check the FPS numbers and I'm not usually sensitive to 30 vs 60, but I am to frame consistency. That's what's surprised me most: consistency.

Though, AMD folks seem to be experiencing more issues. I've got a 970, a 2500k, 8gb ram and win 7 Pro and feel pretty lucky as far as the Link goes.

I've had a couple hard freezes but overall it's been great. More so considering it's in its infant stages, and is CHEAP.

Publishers would not be happy if Valve defaulted to selling games in another region with their default pricing setup. Instead what Valve should do is use a direct currency conversion so a $20 Steam US price converts to $20 in any local currency, even if that amount is far higher than their conversion system.

The thing is, that some publishers didn't know about it. Lets say they just get 1 email stating: "We will change the system to a new currency. Please update it." besides all the other emails that adress is getting, it could easily be overlooked.

I mean I had to write Playism, Ghostlight Games, Mangagamer, JastUSA, the Elite Devs and some others just so they notice that somehow their games can't be bought in China. It seems they also did not know that. You couldn't buy their games for the first 2 weeks of the new currency, just because they didn't know and I think if no one would have brought it to their attention, they still wouldn't be available to buy here.
Another thing though was: I was asking the ARK publishers/devs about that and 1 day later they locked the game for China (maybe because of Cheaters?). The storage existed and they also didn't update the price. One day after my email they region locked the whole game in at least HK and China.

daxy

yes, it is

It's not a problem that I buy a US key for LiS and activate it on a Europe-based Steam account, right? :U

Also, you sure they give a Steam code? I don't see it say that anywhere on the page unlike on the EU site, which doesn't have a sale unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom