• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
It's probably way too late to answer that, oh well

Castaway Paradise is kinda OK, it's fairly simple too.
I spent something like 30 hours with it, but I was treating it like collectathon, because in my honest opinion sandbox aspect of it sucks, it doesn't look that great and ingame prices are ridiculous, so all redecorating thing doesn't work unless you are willing to spend a lot of time in there and i mean a lot while it still looks ugly no matter what you do.
OTOH my problem can be that I compare every such game with Rune Factory, and of course everything sucks in comparison,
Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to make Castaway Paradise better with each update.

Knurek

Arthea, thanks for that match-3 restaurant queue game suggestion.

You might want to take a look at this:

Sokoban + Companion Cube.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Publishers would not be happy if Valve defaulted to selling games in another region with their lower pricing setup. Instead what Valve should do is use a direct currency conversion so a $20 Steam US price converts to $20 in any local currency, even if that amount is far higher than their conversion system.

Oh, I know, but it'd be fairer to users and publishers couldn't blame anybody but themselves for their own inaction.

Kriken

I give up on the Dying Light deal for now, I'll just wait for the BST thread to get some keys from there. Did grab LiS for $10, so not a total bust today

The thing is, that some publishers didn't know about it. Lets say they just get 1 email stating: "We will change the system to a new currency. Please update it." besides all the other emails that adress is getting, it could easily be overlooked.

I mean I had to write Playism, Ghostlight Games, Mangagamer, JastUSA, the Elite Devs and some others just so they notice that somehow their games can't be bought in China. It seems they also did not know that. You couldn't buy their games for the first 2 weeks of the new currency, just because they didn't know and I think if no one would have brought it to their attention, they still wouldn't be available to buy here.
Another thing though was: I was asking the ARK publishers/devs about that and 1 day later they locked the game for China (maybe because of Cheaters?). The storage existed and they also didn't update the price. One day after my email they region locked the whole game in at least HK and China.

I've been doing this as well. I contacted the developers of Volume and Axiom Verge on Twitter and asked them to set a price for their games in India and they obliged. I also asked the devs of Ark Survival Evolved and while they didn't actually reply to me, a price did go up a couple of days later. I literally just sent a tweet to Spacedrake asking him to set a price for Carpe Fulgur games here.

So yes, I do understand when this kind of stuff slips through the cracks. Valve could make tools to improve things though. Like for example put a notification on the Steam dev's page telling them that they haven't set a sale price for all currencies when they are submitting discounts. Things like that.

And then there are publishers or developers who just don't give a fuck and it's plainly obvious. Bethesda is one such company. Everything from their library (barring Fallout 4, it's season pass and Quake Live) is now unavailable for purchase in my country. But they did manage to set a price for those 3 games. That tells me that this isn't something that accidentally escaped their attention. They decided to set a price for these 3 games and then also deliberately decided not to set a price for the 97% of their catalog. What can anyone do about that?

edit - also, Elite did not have a price in my store until just recently. It's entirely possible your email got them to add pricing for all countries that didn't have it, so thanks for your effort ;)

Oh, I know, but it'd be fairer to users and publishers couldn't blame anybody but themselves for their own inaction.

In the extreme case they could sue Valve for selling their product at a price lower than agreed by them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-AECAE4291485590B - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Mystery Gift -- MB-D817F92CEAEB7C88 - Taken by Soulflarz

Grief.exe

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but there's a pricing error on Newegg.

King's Quest Collection for $9.99

You can also use the promo code EMCKKNT58 to bring the price even lower.

Newegg requires somebody from the US to purchase it as I got my friend from the US to buy a copy for myself and I've also redeemed it into my Steam account to confirm that it is the full collection and not the single episode.

Order is now 'packaging'

Status: Packaging - Your payment has been successfully processed and has passed Order Verification. Products are being collected in the warehouse and boxed for shipment or pick up. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order.

Looks like Transformers: Devastation is 55% off on GMG too

transformers devastation for $18

worth it?

lol I ordered it for $20 back in August, waited a month for the PC discs to be shipped, and now you guys just grabbing it for $18.

Red Hood

Banned
I'm thinking of buying both Pillars of Eternity and MGS5 Ground Zeroes for €11,56 on Nuuvem. If I'd buy them straight from Steam the price would be €28,98. Not a huge difference, but still. While undoubtedly a good price for what are considered great games, I still have my backlog to think about, but on the other hand I don't think PoE has ever been that cheap on Nuuvem, right?

Choices, choices.

Ruruja

Because people told me to:

Yes, I am back in the country.
No, I won't be posting for the foreseeable future due to serious illness.
Someone else do dailies and humbles and whatnot.
Sorry.

Hope you get well soon Turf!

Ah, possibly. Didn't think of that.

Hey Jase, did I see you mention the winter sale prices will be different?

I might have to hold off playing my purchases for over 2 hours if so.

Grief.exe

Looks like Transformers: Devastation is 55% off on GMG too

Ohhh Rayman Legends is like $5.3 on nuuvem, that's pretty cheap, I might finally grab...

*requires Uplay*

nooooooooo

I am surprised you are surprised lol.

Rayman Origins doesn't require Uplay, Rayman Legends does. I can see why it would be assumed the sequel would not utilize the DRM.

I'll let you guess which of those games I own.

rrvv

ModBot said:
Instructions for rrvv:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rrvv, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-13A1007ED1946F30 - Taken by Drakhyrr. 2 entrants total.
Stardust Vanguards -- MB-3DE7544066FFBAFE - Taken by GERGiEV. 7 entrants total.
Spoiler Alert Collector's Edition -- MB-71A03415C160BBB6 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 3 entrants total.

t1448566300z1.png

stuff

Knurek

Rayman Origins doesn't require Uplay, Rayman Legends does. I can see why it would be assumed the sequel would not utilize the DRM.

I'll let you guess which of those games I own.

Legends, because it has all the (good) levels from Origins, and you like to keep your collection neat and tidy?

Caffeine

OK Seriously wtf is up with GMG giving off these petty discount codes? Generally it's 20% miniumum :/

probably all the refunds impacting them, there were tons of batman arkham knight, black ops 3( because of no nuketown with some codes), and battlefront (delayed keys) refunds.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-3A54F6A8B1EAC227 - Taken by TWILT
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-436A9274DAF902BC - Taken by BernardoOne
Mystery Gift -- MB-3D9317232262C680 - Taken by Newblade

NG28

What are some Free Vpn options I can use with iPhone? Away from home/comp for thanksgiving and I don't want to miss some of these nuuvem deals.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey Jase, did I see you mention the winter sale prices will be different?

I might have to hold off playing my purchases for over 2 hours if so.

Publishers were permitted to set separate discounts, yes. Dascu said that his game will be 75% off come the Winter Sale while chubs said that he's set the same price for both sales.

Drakhyrr

Oh snap! Brutal Legend is $1.50. I missed this when it was on humble Bundle. Might pick it up now. It's a good game, right?

Could be better, if you don't know it's actually more of a strategy game, and it seems about 1/3 of the game was cut before launch due to time constraints.

But if you like metal music, this is one of the best homages to it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom