• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Seahorsie!
il_570xN.311681946.jpg

OK so bets that Jimquisition ep. for today will be about WB and him retreading ish he already said in previous videos?

Jim Sterling retreading old ground until it's a muddy field that brings to mind Ypres? That never happens.

Hektor

Those fallout threads are something else

Somebody just wrote to me somewhere else, that he's currently 120 into New Vegas and really enjoys it ---- For its shooting because he skipped all the dialogue.

Then i wandered into the Warren Spector thread and am greeted by this:

But The Last of Us and Uncharted's are much better games than Deus Ex. I'm talking specifically gameplay here, in terms of control, AI, fluidity of animations, cover mechanics, mobility, encounter design etc. They just also happen to have much better narrative delivery and characters than Deus Ex too, so I can't say I agree with him here.

Modern gamers are shit. :[

M.D

not really, I'm not sure how is it in their new site, but in old one I could see many unpurchasable games.

using VPN to buy and activate should solve this, I mean a key is still locked, even if you'll manage to buy it, you wouldn't be able to redeem it without using VPN too. It's not a case of false warning, if that's what you are asking about.

Oh, that's news to me
I thought you only needed a VPN to buy the product, not to activate it on steam..

Welp, surly some other store will have a good price!

Arthea

Somebody just wrote to me somewhere else, that he's currently 120 into New Vegas and really enjoys it ---- For its shooting because he skipped all the dialogue.

Then i wandered into the Warren Spector thread and am greeted by this:

But The Last of Us and Uncharted's are much better games than Deus Ex. I'm talking specifically gameplay here, in terms of control, AI, fluidity of animations, cover mechanics, mobility, encounter design etc. They just also happen to have much better narrative delivery and characters than Deus Ex too, so I can't say I agree with him here.

Modern gamers are shit. :[

but that's opinions, it always was like that. Every at least little popular game has opinions ranging from awesome story -> worst writing ever, amazing gameplay -> unplayable shit, amazing graphics or art style -> PS2/SNES./NES/ ASCII level of graphics. It's just how people are.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The last chance

Hey guys!

The Steam Halloween Sale will be the last chance for you to get Layers of Fear at a discounted price! For the rest of the year we will focus on adding content to the game, and as we have stated in our Early Access notes the price will go up with those updates.

There are a few more hours left until the end of the sale, so if you were unsure whether to buy the game now this might be your best argument to do so. :)

Just giving you a friendly heads-up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Howamy hours have you played so far?

I put in about 25 hours since my wife picked it up for me on Friday night.

She does that sometimes - she's like: "Here's a game I want to see but I'm not good enough to play it. So here you go - play this so I can watch." Otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered since I've played a few Assassin's Creed games but haven't ever been able to get into one until now.

Anyway, my "Total progression" says I'm at 41% but I know quite a bit of that number has to do with optional collectibles.

Dr Dogg

Just watching the GB guys QL for the new Need for Speed. I'm not sure if it's a racer or a VN or a FMV game.

nobody is questioning that

disclaimer:
I haven't played TLOU or LR
so what?

My point is that you can completely ignore the points or facets of a game someone is trying to discus (ie Spector and player controlled narrative direction) and bang on about how another game is 'better' because it does other aspects well.

Hektor

but that's opinions, it always was like that. Every at least little popular game has opinions ranging from awesome story -> worst writing ever, amazing gameplay -> unplayable shit, amazing graphics or art style -> PS2/SNES./NES/ ASCII level of graphics. It's just how people are.

Sure, opinions are a thing and i respect those.

I just feel that many people nowadays a pretty close-minded in what they want out of a game and arent willing to give games are chance that dont fit in their preconception of how a videogame is supposed to be.

Like how the deus ex comment reduces its gameplay to "encounters" and "Cover mechanics" rather than to the big sandbox of possibilitys it is.

Arthea

My point is that you can completely ignore the points or facets of a game someone is trying to discus (ie Spector and player controlled narrative direction) and bang on about how another game is 'better' because it does other aspects well.

well, I don't think you can even compare games form different genres in any meaningful way, so if you are trying to do that, anything goes?

Knurek

Anyone can suggest a good, easy to install, quiet aftermarket CPU cooler?

My box 4790k cooling is getting on my nerves - quite loud, especially in the night - the minute CPU stops idling I can feel my neighbours waking up...

My case supports coolers up to 155 mm in height, stock clocks in CPU as well.

Tizoc

I put in about 25 hours since my wife picked it up for me on Friday night.

She does that sometimes - she's like: "Here's a game I want to see but I'm not good enough to play it. So here you go - play this so I can watch." Otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered since I've played a few Assassin's Creed games but haven't ever been able to get into one until now.

Anyway, my "Total progression" says I'm at 41% but I know quite a bit of that number has to do with optional collectibles.

I'd say 50 hours to 100% it sounds good imo.
Although I worry about repetitiveness :p

BTW how many hours til your stream starts shackles? I got night shift in a few hours and I wanna watch it :3

Anyone can suggest a good, easy to install, quiet aftermarket CPU cooler?

My box 4790k cooling is getting on my nerves - quite loud, especially in the night - the minute CPU stops idling I can feel my neighbours waking up...

My case supports coolers up to 155 mm in height, stock clocks in CPU as well.

Any of the Noctua coolers are really good, some can be a little pricey but they are worth it. And they are about as easy to install as any CPU cooler can be.

Dr Dogg

Heat sinks are silent fans are not. Decent fans make the world of difference.

well, I don't think you can even compare games form different genres in any meaningful way, so if you are trying to do that, anything goes?

You can compare anything to anything essentially. How successful you'll be will more than likely hinge on your argument and points you make.

Resonance of Fate Couture Fashion > Fapping Returns Party City outfits> The Fart In Us lack of options.

Hahaha I think that mathematically checks out. Was it RoF that the characters customisation screen had a wind blowing in the characters hair effect when you went to change head accessories?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hahaha I think that mathematically checks out. Was it RoF that the characters customisation screen had a wind blowing in the characters hair effect when you went to change head accessories?

You mean all the time?
c17c82cfdd.gif

Not like that matters when this sexy outfit is in.
07efde2f0d.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala Capsule Computers "Every Monday" Bundle #84

Pay $1.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get the following 6 Steam Games.

Read Only Memories (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
OASE - Other Age Second Encounter (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Swords & Crossbones: An Epic Pirate Story (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
The Adventures of Fatman (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
SWR JST DX Selective Memory Erase Effect (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Caveman Craig (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/monday

Tizoc

"but rest assured that the game will be available for this Autumn 2015."

Famous last words of a Spring 2016 game.

In all seriousness though I hope it does come out, it looks interesting.

From the looks of it SS fans will like it, gameplay is hate it or love it from what I gathered. I do hope the PC release will be good though. This isn't from KOEI Tecmo so it has the chance of being decent :p

I like anime fighting games because of their presentation, but often the actual fighting mechanics are really bad.

Unbalanced characters, the inevitable "wait till you charged up your super" and such things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom