• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not feeling Darksiders right now. I will come back to it. I don't get the whole Zelda comparison. It is not a bad game at all. I quite enjoyed it (Almost 3 hours in) Just not in the mood for a hack n slash right now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd say 50 hours to 100% it sounds good imo.
Although I worry about repetitiveness :p

BTW how many hours til your stream starts shackles? I got night shift in a few hours and I wanna watch it :3

Yeah 50 hours to 100% sounds about right honestly - could be less than that (40, maybe) depending on how efficiently you scour the collectibles. Also the loading times on the PS4 are atrociously bad - to the point that sometimes if something is 1000m away it's typically faster to run than to fast travel somewhere closer. So if you're planning on playing the PC version and have a half-decent setup it should be well improved assuming the PC port will be decent
but who cares, right?

Also the live stream isn't until Saturday morning PST.

t1446915600z4.png

I am not feeling Darksiders right now. I will come back to it. I don't get the whole Zelda comparison. It is not a bad game at all. I quite enjoyed it. Just not in the mood for a hack n slash right now.

How far did you play? If you didn't go through the first "dungeon", you're judging it too soon.

It's like any 3D Zelda, mostly, with a very simple character action combat system.

aw350

Banned
Guys, guys. Can I run Idle Master *while* playing games? If so, should I blacklist the game I am going to play somehow or do something else? Thanks in advance.

Eila

Oh well, at a least I only paid 2 bucks for Read Only Memories.
By the way, Umihara Kawase SNES already hit steam. Anyone bought that? How's the port?

Messiah

Guys, guys. Can I run Idle Master *while* playing games? If so, should I blacklist the game I am going to play somehow or do something else? Thanks in advance.

Yes you can and there is no need to blacklist anything. The drop times will be higher when you are playing a game while idling though.

Edit: I'm using Idlemaster to fund Idolm@ster DLC. I feel like I've come full cirlce.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You can run it while playing another game, but it will slow down your card drops quite a bit, especially if the other game you're playing has Steam Trading Cards.

No need to blacklist anything. Keep in mind though, it's recommended you don't connect to a VAC server while Idle Master is running.

aw350

Banned
Yes you can, no need to blacklist anything. The drop times will be higher while you have more than one game opened though.

You can run it while playing another game, but it will slow down your card drops quite a bit, especially if the other game you're playing has Steam Trading Cards.

No need to blacklist anything. Keep in mind though, it's recommended you don't connect to a VAC server while Idle Master is running.

Got it, thanks a ton, that helps.

Tizoc

Yeah 50 hours to 100% sounds about right honestly - could be less than that (40, maybe) depending on how efficiently you scour the collectibles. Also the loading times on the PS4 are atrociously bad - to the point that sometimes if something is 1000m away it's typically faster to run than to fast travel somewhere closer. So if you're planning on playing the PC version and have a half-decent setup it should be well improved assuming the PC port will be decent
but who cares, right?

Also the live stream isn't until Saturday morning PST.

t1446915600z4.png

Consider making a thread for your stream if you haven't yet, you should be able to reach the goal with some more exposure.
Looking forward to the stream :D

I like anime fighting games because of their presentation, but often the actual fighting mechanics are really bad.

Unbalanced characters, the inevitable "wait till you charged up your super" and such things...

Oh uh
You're definition of an anime fighter is a tad different to what many GAFfers know it as
To give a good example, this is as anime a fighting game can get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wx8y10eaBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YgFn6G96Rc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpdbcoPuTe0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulgwwnjF3I

..and this is one game I'd like to see get a kickstarter to be on Steam.
Seriously the game actually released to PCs in Japan....

Consider making a thread for your stream if you haven't yet, you should be able to reach the goal with some more exposure.

Oh uh
You're definition of an anime fighter is a tad different to what many GAFfers know it as

I usually meant the 3d ones that are based on a licence. Naruto, One Piece, DBZ etc.

There always seems to be this connotation to playing while idling cause of the slowdown... but the worst things that can happen out of it are (1) cards bottom out while you're still getting drops because of the slowdown speed or (2) you inflate your gametime for idled games more. But cards are pretty much worth jack shit these days unless it's a niche anime game with a high price of entry anyway, so (1) is kinda moot and (2) isn't ever really an issue.

I know you're just putting it out there as a helpful tip, but it just irks me that there always seems to be this "beware" instead of "FYI" tone to it. If you really do want to play something, there's no reason to NOT idle unless, maybe, it's a multiplayer game that's VAC secured... because if you play a few hours of a game and aren't idling during it that's time with a 0% drop rate rather than a slowed drop rate.

And while I'm posting in reply to you, I'm still going to bother you for a "match lowest market price button" without having to go edit the settings for quicksell. :p

Also, goodluck on your Extra Life run this weekend -- please raffle me a game I don't already own. ;)

I usually meant the 3d ones that are based on a licence. Naruto, One Piece, DBZ etc.

The One Piece games that have come out lately have all been musou; the last traditional "fighter" I remember One Piece characters in (and all the other ones you mention) are the Jump All-Stars games, which I've never actually played but look a bit like Smash Bros, which is stretching that "fighter" genre a bit far since Smash is more of a "party brawler". Naruto had the Gekitou Ninja Taisen series which had a few entries brought over on Gamecube and maybe Wii... but those were solid fighters overall that I don't think conform to your generalization. I guess the Naruto games on Steam (and Xenoverse for DBZ) might fit, but my limited time with the first Naruto didn't seem like that either. Then again, you could blanket a lot of fighting games with the statement about building up meter to unleash supers. :p

Your original post read to me like it was about Arcsys fighters, since P4A, GG, and Blazblue are the most anime fighters you usually see at something like SRK and they carry that denotation because of the systems in the gameplay when compared to a Street Fighter, Marvel, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, etc.

Oh uh

I'd probably back it. Some of those combos look ridiculously fun. Not sure what the execution requirements are, but hey, more quality fighters is never a bad thing, even if they are anime as fsck.

Dr Dogg

You know I'm usually very good at making tough decisions, in life and in the whacky world of games, but when pressed with what versions I want my copies of Bloodstained for digital and physical and more importantly do I want to pick a Credit Clan I'm just sat here stumped.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Requested a refund for Fallout 4. That 20 min video didn't look very good and that dialogue stuff sounds terrible if true.

Yeah I'm with you here, decided to refund this morning too.

The dialogue changes from the earlier games look horrible.

Ludens

Banned
Read Only Memory in a bundle?
This shit is weird as hell... Wonder if the devs knew about it?

Only thing I can think by reading community hub, the game is bugged as hell and devs plan no fixes. Hope to be proved wrong, of course, I took the bundle only for this game, it reminds me of Policenauts.

Corpekata

Banned
Only thing I can think by reading community hub, the game is bugged as hell and devs plan no fixes. Hope to be proved wrong, of course, I took the bundle only for this game, it reminds me of Policenauts.

Not sure why people think there's no fixes coming. They patched it yesterday and have posted plans about other fixes too.

jshackles

There always seems to be this connotation to playing while idling cause of the slowdown... but the worst things that can happen out of it are (1) cards bottom out while you're still getting drops because of the slowdown speed or (2) you inflate your gametime for idled games more. But cards are pretty much worth jack shit these days unless it's a niche anime game with a high price of entry anyway, so (1) is kinda moot and (2) isn't ever really an issue.

I know you're just putting it out there as a helpful tip, but it just irks me that there always seems to be this "beware" instead of "FYI" tone to it. If you really do want to play something, there's no reason to NOT idle unless, maybe, it's a multiplayer game that's VAC secured... because if you play a few hours of a game and aren't idling during it that's time with a 0% drop rate rather than a slowed drop rate.

Good point, I guess I just want people to understand that it can slow things down but you're right it's certainly better than nothing and the worst that can happen (like you said) is that your playtime could be more artificially inflated. I guess I'm borderline jaded since I get a lot of "angry" emails from people saying they played such and such game while using Idle Master and it made Idle Master not work correctly...

Eila

I want Dengeki Bunko because that shit has the weirdest character, it's like official Mugen.
But I suck at fighting games so I don't need the tightest game mechanics, which apparently that game lacks.

Ludens

Banned
Not sure why people think there's no fixes coming. They patched it yesterday and have posted plans about other fixes too.

Ah, I don't know. I just quickly checked community hub, saw a lot of threads about bugs and that was what I thought. It wouldn't be the first time something like this happenes (see Deadly Premonition release on PC).

jshackles

Did you guys already talk about Jäsøn - Season I this weekend?

Apparently, to nobody's surprise, JaseC already owns this.

Basically, in it's current "Early Access" form, this is literally a guy selling a Readme.txt file that launches in notepad when you open it. The notepad file is just a copy/paste from the store page.

Kinda hard to imagine that being worth $7

Ah, I don't know. I just quickly checked community hub, saw a lot of threads about bugs and that was what I thought. It wouldn't be the first time something like this happenes (see Deadly Premonition release on PC).
Honestly, I think most community hubs I've seen have been full of bug complaints. I wouldn't necessarily take them as a gauge of whether or not a game is broken.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Indie Gala Capsule Computers "Every Monday" Bundle #84

Read Only Memories (STEAM) + :tradingcard:

This game released just under a month ago, and while I'm normally glad to support a developer, I can't help but feel rubbed the wrong way by seeing it bundled for under $2 so soon. Not sure if Humble would even refund purchases so people could take advantage of this bundle and save themselves some money, since that's where they pushed for pre-orders.

Dr Dogg

Basically, in it's current "Early Access" form, this is literally a guy selling a Readme.txt file that launches in notepad when you open it. The notepad file is just a copy/paste from the store page.

Surely the earliest of all Early Access games. Get it while it's hot, or on the store at all!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I feel compelled to support games that have my name in the title. ;)

How far did you play? If you didn't go through the first "dungeon", you're judging it too soon.

It's like any 3D Zelda, mostly, with a very simple character action combat system.

I second this.

The Zelda comparisons become very apparent. I encourage you to stick with it. It's not a flawless game, but as for attempts at Zelda clones, it's about the best of a bunch that usually falls short or muddles the gameplay too much.

The sequel, I say, feel free to skip.

Nzyme32

"Sony Vegas Pro 13 - Steam Powered" is now available on Steam for only £237.24 - 35% off from £364.99..... anyone want to gift me it?

Also, all the screenshots are of No Man's Sky, for whatever reason

jshackles

Surely the earliest of all Early Access games. Get it while it's hot, or on the store at all!

Guyz - I have some design documents and storyboards for my new RPG Maker game, and my graphic artist is done with a few item and character sprites. Buy the game now and you'll get exclusive access to an HTML document that has a few of these things embedded for only $19.99! What a steal!

Nzyme32

Guyz - I have some design documents and storyboards for my new RPG Maker game, and my graphic artist is done with a few item and character sprites. Buy the game now and you'll get exclusive access to an HTML document that has a few of these things embedded for only $19.99! What a steal!

The new Undertale is here!

Jawmuncher

I feel compelled to support games that have my name in the title. ;)

JäsønC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(Today, 05:24 PM)

Developer just made a post 2 hours ago
http://steamcommunity.com/app/384540/discussions/0/496880203072303975/#c496880203077913560

Dr Dogg

Hahahaha well played sir.

Though Valve's approach these days to letting folks on to their digital marketplace and store font is akin to not doing any credit checks on renting out a shopping centre/mall retail unit. For all you know you could be letting a bunch of crack addicts run amok.

Salsa

well I sent a nuuvem ticket to get an Arkham Knight refund, since both Steam and GMG are doing it

not expecting anything tbh. If I do get it I guess ill buy Fallout 4 or something

Hektor

For reals? Holy shit.

Salsa

Out of the frying pan and into the fire I see.

I mean if I get it its just gonna be nuuvem credit

and the old Arkham Knight price at that. When it was like just 20 bucks

they even jacked the price now with the re-release, lol.

but yeah no way they're giving me the refund

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shan Gui -- MB-276EB8CB75D9411F - Taken by Belgarion
Nandeyanen!? - The 1st Sutra -- MB-9A9F347D09C69C60 - Taken by Jalal
Riddled Corpses -- MB-00CAD62B1D0E6679 - Taken by dave is ok

Found these sitting there in my indiegala account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom