• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
20151125_213909apuqq.png
Hot arcade stick action

How is Valve(Rockstar?) Allowed to post a picture of GTA V on the front page with 75 - 80% off below it, yet that be for the "Grand Theft Auto Series", but not GTA V? Is that not false advertising?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is The Escapists ok with a controller? Not sure whether to get it for PC or XB1. If I get it for Xbox, then I can still play on PC via streaming..

Salsa

I actually got that brawl stick from a gaffer. I was gonna mod at least the stick with a sanwa since the diagonals are a bit iffy but I kinda got used to making it work

i'll probably hate it now since I havent played with it in a while. im just lazy and SFIV was dying out among my friend group

it's a great super cheap stick tho. Only one that was worth for me getting since they're basically nonexistent here (or crazy expensive) and shipping on the better ones is insane. opened it up too and it all seems very easy to do whatever you want with it

Nabs

I actually got that brawl stick from a gaffer. I was gonna mod at least the stick with a sanwa since the diagonals are a bit iffy but I kinda got used to making it work

i'll probably hate it now since I havent played with it in a while. im just lazy and SFIV was dying out among my friend group

it's a great super cheap stick tho. opened it up too and it all seems very easy to do whatever you want with it

Did you ever switch the buttons out?

Salsa

Did you ever switch the buttons out?

the buttons are actually alright. not as clicky satisfying as some better quality ones but just as responsive

I was planning on just stick and removing the art / swapping it for something else or even a solid color but I never got around to it

I guess SFV might motivate me

Nabs

the buttons are actually alright. not as clicky satisfying as some better quality ones but just as responsive

I was planning on just stick and removing the art / swapping it for something else or even a solid color but I never got around to it

Apparently the Brawl stick has improved parts over the original SE that it replaced. Maybe it's not necessary.

AHA-Lambda

Without trying to spoil anything the main character in Higurashi has very much the same qualities as Will from Hannibal to me.

In that I want to repeatedly slap them about the fact for being so stupid all the god damn time!

it's a great super cheap stick tho. Only one that was worth for me getting since they're basically nonexistent here (or crazy expensive) and shipping on the better ones is insane. opened it up too and it all seems very easy to do whatever you want with it

i had that one, the buttons and stick started to have problems after a month iirc , now i have the SF4 madcatz SE stick ( basically the older version of the brawl stick ) with sanwa parts, i mostly use it to play shmups, Skullgirls and Rising Thunder, would also use it in SF4 but i cant do the RSF on a stick so i just use my 360 pad there :v

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I have the best* arcade controller.

*best for pop'n music and beatmania II

Speaking of cool arcade controllers, I have still some fishing controllers somwhere in my basement :p

sadly never really played pop'n music and beatmania

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm thinking of doing d4+grow home with the rest of my money

wots4 on its own is ok i guess but i feel like i'm gonna be utterly disappointed by it not necessarily for any fault of its own but for being different from how i want it to be (which is like wots1)

But Steeeeeeeeeeeeeam.
Similarly, I kind of want AC Unity in my Steam library...
don't be a dumbo

Dr Dogg

200 pages already? What the fuck have you peeps been chatting about? Actually scratch that I don't want to know.

This might actually be the first large sale on Steam I don't buy anything. Even if I do crumble it will probably be one of the few things on my wishlist that is ~75% off and then I'm debating if I really want to pick them up now anyway.

Got my replacement 980ti. At around 40% fan speed in Afterburner there is this random, light clicking noise. Maybe it is normal but I don't have the will to chase another fan issue down.

Oh nice Black Flag is $7.50 and it doesn't look like my i3 will hold it back more than a frame or two. Come sail away, come sail away with meeeee.

Getting back to the Dishonored dlc and the way the lean works in this game is more annoying than I remember. There's a half second pause after you let go which feels kind of chunky.

Parsnip

Ugh, I guess there's no AC Syndicate patch for the weekend. Boo Ubi boo.

Not obvious there but mine has the classic see through look which is nice
Looks neat.

I don't have an arcade stick, and even if I did I'm not sure I would be any better at fighting games with it. I don't think I've ever played one in an arcade.
Just give me a good d-pad and 6 face buttons and I'll dragon punch everyone.

200 pages already? What the fuck have you peeps been chatting about? Actually scratch that I don't want to know.

Too late. You must know that Tizoc wants JaseC to know about his butt cream.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Please notice me JaseC-senapi
I'm gonna start playing Butt Cream Black Flag tomorrow

You'll probably feel that it's the best AssCreed game yet for the same reason as many others -- because thanks to the strong presence of the naval component, it's more a pirate game than an AssCreed game. I was very happy when it was revealed that Unity would be chiefly set in a single large city a la Brotherhood and Revelations rather than being a collection of smaller locations a la 3 and 4.

dex3108

That LTTP Max Payne 3 thread made watch all trailer again and damn there is still no game with better movements and shooting in third person.

zkylon

zkylewd
You'll probably feel that it's the best AssCreed game yet for the same reason as many others -- because thanks to the strong presence of the naval component, it's more a pirate game than an AssCreed game. I was very happy when it was revealed that Unity would be chiefly set in a single large city a la Brotherhood and Revelations rather than being a collection of smaller locations a la 3 and 4.

yea that sounds more like the type of ass creed game i like playing

i'm not expecting so much out of 4, but i figured it was cheap so why the hell not

Hinomura

i'll buy it before sales end

but

there's a certain type of the game that regardless of how good it is just asks a lot of me to be sat on front of my computer when it's clearly much, much more suited for a phone game

there's hardly times where I specifically sit down and go through the process of launching the whole thing to play a game like this for a couple rounds while sitting in my chair

apparently its only available in iOS. bummer.
If it was a game released in C64 era I would have spent probably hundreds hours.

Just to, do you think ie Isaac is a "typical" mobile game?

In my opinion it's not. I don't know if it's about wrong mobile games I've played, but most of all are suited for mindless, repetition mechanics when I turn my brain off and let them fill free time I would'nt have used my brain for.

Downhill, as much as Isaac, is a game with "simple" gameplay, but you've to be "more active" to accomplish anything.

As i bought Rocket League thanks to your strong recommendations (it's really FUN), I hope you'd buy Downwhill and have at least a good amount of fun spending the 2 eur/usd/whatever required. :)

Jazz573

If it was a game released in C64 era I would have spent probably hundreds hours.

Just to, do you think ie Isaac is a "typical" mobile game?

In my opinion it's not. I don't know if it's about wrong mobile games I've played, but most of all are suited for mindless, repetition mechanics when I turn my brain off and let them fill free time I would'nt have used my brain for.

Downhill, as much as Isaac, is a game with "simple" gameplay, but you've to be "more active" to accomplish anything.

As i bought Rocket League thanks to your strong recommendations (it's really FUN), I hope you'd buy Downwhill and have at least a good amount of fun spending the 2 eur/usd/whatever required. :)

Autocorrect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom