• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Dishonored is still so good, still can't remember why I stopped played the story dlc given how much I love the game.

4K, 120 FPS woot woot
game is still ugly as hell

I stopped playing because i did first level in first DLC without alerting anybody and without killing anybody and then game decided to trigger a bug where if you knock out all enemies in one room and leave then come back in same room game spawns 1 dead enemy and ruin your no kill playthrough.

Life is Strange is explicitly saying one of two things with it's ending:
Destiny cannot be avoided... and one cannot avoid destiny. Put another way, Chloe must die, and Max must be with Chloe. Hence the time paradox and the game's entire premise: destiny cannot be avoided. (Just like in gaming.) Edit: I just noticed how badly I'm repeating myself. I swear I had it worked out in my head, but now it's gone; oh well.

So good.

they throw that completely out the window when you go to save her pops and in the new timeline he's cool beans which basically proves that within the game's world destiny can indeed be changed. Heres my head canon cause I didn't like the ending: What caused all the mayhem was Rachel dying, so by saving Rachel everyone lives happily ever after. Fuck that bs punch in the gut ending :mad: happy endings for life

anyways if they did decided to continue with the existing characters and chose an ending they could:

go with the one where she's dead and the Chloe appears as hallucinations I guess. I don't know, I'm just spit balling ideas here.

jediyoshi

MKX is fine now though, unlike AK

Still completely awful, WB published UE3 DX12 games are poison. It's more embarrassing for MKX considering it's a fighting game and not an open world.

sogood

harbourofillthoughtsalt.png
powerofthesea.png
wildwood.png

Yep, this got me excited. Reminds a whole lot of Dark Souls visually - which is just awesome. Man, can't wait to get lost for dozens upon dozens of hours in the huge world, exploring every nook and cranny. Makes me happy to have the same joy of exploring the unknown like a first-ever DS run.
Think I'll do a fighter on my first run. Want to mount big creatures.

Red Hood

Banned
Dishonored is still so good, still can't remember why I stopped played the story dlc given how much I love the game.

4K, 120 FPS woot woot

Well that's a first, never heard that. I found Dishonored to be one of the most visually striking games I've played last generation.

they throw that completely out the window when you go to save her pops and in the new timeline he's cool beans which basically proves that within the game's world destiny can indeed be changed. Heres my head canon cause I didn't like the ending: What caused all the mayhem was Rachel dying, so by saving Rachel everyone lives happily ever after. Fuck that bs punch in the gut ending :mad: happy endings for life

anyways if they did decided to continue with the existing characters and chose an ending they could:

go with the one where she's dead and the Chloe appears as hallucinations I guess. I don't know, I'm just spit balling ideas here.

I guess I've been going about it wrong. Because (Life is Strange spoilers)
what I'm talking about is capital D "Destiny;" y'know, the sort of thing that is greater than a single person. Or people. Chloe and Max have that kind of Destiny; it's the reason why they alone change so much in the timelines. In every timeline Chloe must suffer and Max must regret her actions--these are the only constants that matter to Destiny, and this is why everything else can change so fluidly.

But, yeah. The sequel would obey this Destiny, I think. Either Max and Chloe are together already, or Max and Chloe are together again. Timey-wimey stuff will keep them together no matter what, timeline be damned. A whole new batch of characters would be a whole lot easier.

All I can say is wowser.

I think my problem with Dishonored's visuals is how low res a lot of the textures are, it's really obvious in the character models and certain environments.

It's not ugly as hell though, was an exaggeration.

I stopped playing because i did first level in first DLC without alerting anybody and without killing anybody and then game decided to trigger a bug where if you knock out all enemies in one room and leave then come back in same room game spawns 1 dead enemy and ruin your no kill playthrough.
Ah yeah, that was right. Had to redo the level and got annoyed so I took a years long break, lol.

I played the demo of Dishonored (or free weekend?) and all I remember is the FOV bothering me or something. Everything felt weird.

IIRC this was after I played thi4f, so I was pretty burned out on stealth garbage.
idk my AK experience still far surpasses anything available on any other platforms
Did the other platforms have have two seconds of constant suttering during combat? Because the PC version would beat it then.

Parsnip

Afaik Rocksteady and Netherrealm share the heavily modified UE3 monster between the two studios, so it's probably not a coincidence that both of the games ended up being pants on PC. Less to the fault of whoever did the port work, but more on the modifications they did to the engine.

I can very easily imagine a scenario where High Voltage signed on to do the PC port of MKX and budgeted people and manhours based on it being UE3, only to later find out about the extensive modifications that were done to the engine and ended up being entirely unprepared to do the work within the budget.

I bet the modifications aren't even well documented.

Downloading Life is Strange. I'll see if I can get my SO to play through it with me. I'm always trying to put in the word how games aren't all shootbangs.

I played the demo of Dishonored (or free weekend?) and all I remember is the FOV bothering me or something. Everything felt weird.

IIRC this was after I played thi4f, so I was pretty burned out on stealth garbage.
There is a really nice FOV slider in Dishonored. I like how you can see the visuals update live after you switch it to see the difference.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd be a lot more open to it, but the SSD/HDD combo set up that I currently have just isn't jelling.

What part isn't jelling? If you're considering an 8TB HDD, then a 2TB SSD is always going to feel small? I have a 256SSD for the OS and my main apps, and recently swapped my 2TB HDD for a 1TB SSD from a previous Amazon Lightning deal. But I still have my HDD for overflow games.

These days steam is fairly flexible with drive arrangements so it should be easy enough to live with. By default I'll install a new game on the SSD, and when that gets too full I use steam mover to move older, less played games onto the HDD. If I ever suddenly feel the need to play that game a lot then I can move it back.

sadblob

Well, bought KoA: Reckoning Complete and HD Re;Birth 1. If I get some funds before monday, I plan to buy Shadowrun Hong Kong and Darkest Dungeon.

mrgone

Urgh.

Elite: Dangerous is finally on for a good price and i'm broke :(

If it makes you feel any better they're only discounting it this heavily to squeeze a little more revenue out of it before it's superceded by Horizons (aka. season two of Elite: Dangerous). It's good to have a solid excuse not to buy it now :)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
If it makes you feel any better they're only discounting it this heavily to squeeze a little more revenue out of it before it's superceded by Horizons (aka. season two of Elite: Dangerous). It's good to have a solid excuse not to buy it now :)

But you'll get a discount on horizon for the same prize that elite dangerous is now if you own it before the dlc releases.

mrgone

But you'll get a discount on horizon for the same prize that elite dangerous is now if you own it before the dlc releases.

Oh, nice - I hadn't noticed anything about the preorder loyalty discount when I was trying to figure out how Horizons worked in conjunction to the base game. It looks like you'd get your money back for the Steam purchase now if you preorder Horizons through the Frontier store with the discount.

And holy shit, that's exactly what you said. Sorry about that, my reading comprehension still hasn't recovered from my not reading things completely. :)

What part isn't jelling? If you're considering an 8TB HDD, then a 2TB SSD is always going to feel small? I have a 256SSD for the OS and my main apps, and recently swapped my 2TB HDD for a 1TB SSD from a previous Amazon Lightning deal. But I still have my HDD for overflow games.

These days steam is fairly flexible with drive arrangements so it should be easy enough to live with. By default I'll install a new game on the SSD, and when that gets too full I use steam mover to move older, less played games onto the HDD. If I ever suddenly feel the need to play that game a lot then I can move it back.

I am running a 5200rpm HDD as my secondary that holds all of my games, my work files, my Me files, and all my dev files. It feeds off a 113gb SSD OS. I'm getting a lot of skips.

This is getting real technical so I probably should take it to the PC thread.

Weird, it worked for me like 3 am yesterday (It's almost 1 am here now).

I bought the evil within with only a vpn.
It's definitely a change for me within the past day

Now with vpn it'll let me go through the process, sign into paypal, and start to purchase but during the last step after I've agreed to pay the amount it then says some Portuguese variant of "This game is not available in your country"

Sarcasm

I just made a friend who had legos =S

Only toy I had was a barbie and a ken. Plus a single ski, not a pair. Being a boy back then was interesting.

Then my sister came, what a princess -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom