• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

If it was a game released in C64 era I would have spent probably hundreds hours.

Just to, do you think ie Isaac is a "typical" mobile game?

In my opinion it's not. I don't know if it's about wrong mobile games I've played, but most of all are suited for mindless, repetition mechanics when I turn my brain off and let them fill free time I would'nt have used my brain for.

Downhill, as much as Isaac, is a game with "simple" gameplay, but you've to be "more active" to accomplish anything.

As i bought Rocket League thanks to your strong recommendations (it's really FUN), I hope you'd buy Downwhill and have at least a good amount of fun spending the 2 eur/usd/whatever required. :)

i'll get it and play it. I just wish I could launch it on a whim anywhere is the thing. guessing i'll grab the android version too when it comes out tho so all is well

Knurek

Does Beatmania 2 have no scratch disc or is it just mapped to one of the buttons?

Buttons, since pop'n is 9-notes, and bmIIdx is 7-notes+scratch.
Works way better IMO, since, you know, actual colors instead of white+black keys. Better visual cues.

i'll get it and play it. I just wish I could launch it on a whim anywhere is the thing. guessing i'll grab the android version too when it comes out tho so all is well

I was going to get it on mobile for that very reason, but the main man of the iOS thread, who also Steams, mentioned that he thought the game would be much better with a controller.

Really liking Valkyria Chronicles so far, wasn't expecting that much because i usually don't like turn based games, at least in this case it doesn't feel as slow as some other cases so i don't mind that much, also i like that the game is split in little chapters , guess that will make it easier for me in the case that i just want to play for a short amount of time.

I forget, in Dishonored is there a way to get an idea of where the objective is while playing with the HUD off or is a thief style deal where you just figure it out through contextual clues? Beat the main game with the hud off but it's a complicated game to come back to after so long when you're trying to ghost the dlc.

Salsa

Really liking Valkyria Chronicles so far, wasn't expecting that much because i usually don't like turn based games, at least in this case it doesn't feel as slow as some other cases so i don't mind that much, also i like that the game is split in little chapters , guess that will make it easier for me in the case that i just want to play for a short amount of time.

I think I bought it back at release but it's at the top of the list of "games I look at on my library whenever im done with something big but then something else comes out"

should just launch it once

Uzzy

I need to put more practice in with my Hori RAP4. Love the stick, but after playing the SFV beta I just can't go back to Ultra. Even if that does have Decapre. I could turn on my PS3 and play some of the fighting games I have on that, but that'd mean turning on my PS3.

Also, I want this as a Chunners alt costume so bad.

18rie1so98gh5jpg.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
would be cool if lis 2 was like a separate story with like an older character and none of this coming of age stuff again

something jessica jones esque in this format would be pretty cool

dex3108

I was thinking lately about game announcements in 2016. and there could be some awesome announcements. Volition could announce new game (Saints Row 5 or something crazy), 4A games could announce new Metro game, Rockstar has to announce something (RDR 2 for PC + RDR remaster!), Valve could surprise with game that will push Vive and be playable without it, Gearbox with Brothers in Arms announcement, EA with singleplayer Star Wars game, Remedy with Alan Wake 2, WB Montreal could do Superman or Suicide Squad... So much potential from so many good developers :D

Jawmuncher

would be cool if lis 2 was like a separate story with like an older character and none of this coming of age stuff again

Yeah I don't see them going back to the same characters.
It would just be odd and basically mean
One of the endings has to be canon and that chloe would become unimportant. You couldn't continue the series with max and have something like chloe just hanging around. Since that would mean she's either dead, or is conveniently not important to the story for a supposed sequel.

I forget, in Dishonored is there a way to get an idea of where the objective is while playing with the HUD off or is a thief style deal where you just figure it out through contextual clues? Beat the main game with the hud off but it's a complicated game to come back to after so long when you're trying to ghost the dlc.

The heart item shows were objectives and runes are.

But then they won't say hella anymore. Is that really a world you want to live in?
One of the endings has to be canon and that chloe would become unimportant. You couldn't continue the series with max and have something like chloe just hanging around. Since that would mean she's either dead, or is conveniently not important to the story for a supposed sequel.
C'mon.
Chaos Theory, shaka brah.

Newest Potato Masher video is up and it's about a big one. Arkham Knight!

Can a $350 PC With 4GB of RAM Play Batman: Arkham Knight?

It is super interesting since the RAM seemingly makes an incredible amount of difference. At 4GB it's an unplayable mess, at 8GB playable but with stutter but with 16GB it's pretty alright - locked to 30fps mind you.
I would have thought the 760 would be a limiting factor but memory leak seems to be the biggest performance hog.

These Potato Masher videos are really cool. Heartily recommend.

Uzzy

It'd be doable, but they'd have to do something really impressive with the story right off the bat to make it work.

Really, it'd be as daft as making a sequel to Donnie Darko. Which actually got a sequel. Don't watch, it's terrible.

Jawmuncher

It'd be doable, but they'd have to do something really impressive with the story right off the bat to make it work.

Really, it'd be as daft as making a sequel to Donnie Darko.
Which actually got a sequel. Don't watch, it's terrible.

If they wanted to keep it, there would be a lot more work than it's probably worth.

LEGIT SPOILERS
Having her stay dead would be easy, but the other ending is where the issue is. If she is still alive she would either be sitting out, or barely important to the story. Since they would have to factor in the people who got the prior ending. Since I don't see them going "oh the ending you picked? doesn't matter. Unless she STILL ended up dying in the other ending. Which would actually be pretty neat.

zkylon

zkylewd

i see a continuation of this being cool if it's like

there's a canon ending (either one is ok for this) and 10 years later,
chloe's alive or chloe mysteriously disappears
or something. it's still about
chloe and mystery surrounding her
but everyone's older so i dunno, things are different now? sounds cool to me

other than that i want new characters new story

But then they won't say hella anymore. Is that really a world you want to live in?

C'mon.
Chaos Theory, shaka brah.
they're creative, there'll be a new hella

No more merch store for LAN/LAS?

I want Urf.

):
wrong thread silly

also yeah wtf

Accoun

These Potato Masher videos are really cool. Heartily recommend.

Yeah, I applaud their dedication. There are lots of videos like "$400 PC that beats PS4!!!1", but I never see* them going further with those and trying other games after that one vid.

*or at least am recommended via YT's perfectly working recommendation system.

Jawmuncher

i see a continuation of this being cool if it's like

there's a canon ending and 10 years later,
chloe's alive or chloe mysteriously disappears
or something.

other than that i want new characters new story

wrong thread silly

also yeah wtf

That's the thing though the only canon
ending could be something like Chloe dies even if you save her for a bit. Since her being alive would negate that whole other ending.
Since I really don't see dontnod basically telling one half that you didn't matter, TT doesn't even do that. It's the reason why they are purposefully vague on some things. When you're definite, you gotta stick with it.

Yeah, I applaud their dedication. There are lots of videos like "$400 PC that beats PS4!!!1", but I never see* them going further with those and trying other games after that one vid.

*or at least am recommended via YT's perfectly working recommendation system.
Totally. It's done very professional and pretty objective to boot. Makes it easy to compare to other videos/tests they've done.
That whole series surprised me how much more bang for your buck you get out of a similarly priced PC. Besides Arkham Knight, I believe every game they threw at it, the PC mastered it at 1080p/60fps at higher or at least similar settings. Crazy! Makes me believe I won't have to change a thing in my PC the whole generation.
I had a lot of fun with the demo. Superb visuals and great first-person parkour even if a bit on the nauseating side. Had only an hour but even then I got a peek at the many skills and crafting.

Dishonored is still so good, still can't remember why I stopped played the story dlc given how much I love the game.

4K, 120 FPS woot woot
game is still ugly as hell

You're absolutely right.

Seeing DONTNOD's jump from Remember Me to Life is Strange, I wonder what their takeaway will be for the latter. Remember Me's time manipulation mechanic and it's popularity (IIRC it's the one thing everyone praised about RM) basically created Life is Strange. Alongside some of the heavier issues their games deal with, I wonder where they'll go from there, in a mechanical standpoint...
That's the thing though the only canon
ending could be something like Chloe dies even if you save her for a bit. Since her being alive would negate that whole other ending.
Since I really don't see dontnod basically telling one half that you didn't matter, TT doesn't even do that. It's the reason why they are purposefully vague on some things. When you're definite, you gotta stick with it.

Life is Strange is explicitly saying one of two things with it's ending:
Destiny cannot be avoided... and one cannot avoid destiny. Put another way, Chloe must die, and Max must be with Chloe. Hence the time paradox and the game's entire premise: destiny cannot be avoided. (Just like in gaming.) Edit: I just noticed how badly I'm repeating myself. I swear I had it worked out in my head, but now it's gone; oh well.

So good.

I loved playing Dishonored's main campaign a few months ago. Great game. I planned on picking up GOTY at a sale but it's still too soon for more of that game (I got low chaos and multiple ghosts in my first playthrough, so that = really really slow). I can't help with the DLC though, sorry.

Sch1sm

Anyone else want to grab DA:O ultimate who can't because they're not in the necessary region? Already done it for two people here.

Just finished Tales from the Borderlands. It's the best game from Telltale in my opinion (and I really like TWAU and TWDS1). What a ride. I haven't played that much games this year but it's my GOTY, loved it.

Can't believe Telltale was running this and Game of Thrones at the same time. Such a difference in quality.

For OS/games? I'd go SSD.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Right now in my "Next PC" plan, I have three HDDs (all SSD, one comes with the build I'm making), and I need ROOM, the only issue I thought would be if it was stupid to pass on something that vast in size.

rtcn63

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Right now in my "Next PC" plan, I have three HDDs (all SSD, one comes with the build I'm making), and I need ROOM, the only issue I thought would be if it was stupid to pass on something that vast in size.

I did have a WD black as the main for my previous tower, and it's currently still working as a storage drive. (5+ years total)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom