• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Battlefront will die faster than Hardline

I like the idea of just dialing down everything and make a real simple straight forward game like the beta showed but man once Star Wars hype goes back down that game is fucking dead

quote me on this biz

Blops will have AT AT legs

dex3108

I like the idea of just dialing down everything and make a real simple straight forward game like the beta showed but man once Star Wars hype goes back down that game is fucking dead

quote me on this biz

Blops will have legs

Difference is that Battlefront will sell 100x better on day 1. So they don't care.

Nevadatan

I dunno, i really despise CoD for the photocopie gameplay every year.
but, you know, BLOP3 looks like mindless fun.and im in for mindless fun.

Chariot

NepNep 3 is a remarkable step up from the first two Neps. Better story (or something you could story at all for that matter), better characterisation, better combat, better overview on where to grind (search function for items and enemies in quests and plans is a godsend) and everything is slicker and stylisher. Only things that are bothering me are that the world map is split and switching is kinda annoying and that there is no level 999 DLC this time. I enjoyed being awfully overleveled. I also think that this game will take me not as long as the other games. I am in the 9th chapter of 10 after 17 hours, most of my characters are close to max level and there are only three very easy so to achievable endings which I can rush through once I finished the story once.

Me too.

SteamDB.info can't be relied, as keys can now be locked without separate package.
Well, exepect when there is lock, but even without locked package keys may or may not be locked.

It's a good start. Might not be 100% based on what you're saying here, but one can find, looking in the Sonic Lost World app details that there is a sub for SA including Brazil. Which means that (1) Nuuvem's keys are probably the SA specific sub, (2) activating from Nuuvem would require a VPN, and (3) Nuuvem probably has a paypal/payment address check which would prevent non-SA customers from buying it in the first place.

All of these things, regardless of your point, would be enough to tell him "yes, it's basically locked, attempt to purchase only if you're willing to use a VPN for activation and think it may allow you to purchase at all". Which means he could've found out for himself without treating SteamGAF as his own personal version of google.

Grief.exe

quote me on this biz

Blops will have AT AT legs

Hype/marketing drive sales more that actual content these days. The actual quality of the game is irrelevant.

I agree with you, the game looks extremely shallow.

quote me on this biz

It's going to take more time for the bolded to happen than Hardline's lifespan is/was.

Edit: For people interested in Dragon Fin Soup that also have PS Plus, it's one of the games for November.

Jawmuncher

Hype/marketing drive sales more that actual content these days. The actual quality of the game is irrelevant.

Makes me so sad, because I'm buying it for friends. At this point would prefer if we all just got cod

The fact you've been able to start it means you've already gotten further than some people, congrats :p
Yeah it was a bit of a challenge but got it working fine for the most part.

Also...child please...$24.45 for a lollipop?

NmW9gTA.jpg

Dr Dogg

Thing with Battlefont is there appears to be very little variety in modes & content and the mechanics aren't exactly mind blowing. I imagine quite a few will stick with it through the season pass life cycle but unless this gets the same sort of update treatment that BF4 has got over the past 2 years (new maps, new modes, new gear, new server tech, even decent tick rate servers and countless other tweaks) then I imagine it's going to be a very short lived time for Battlefront.

madjoki

It's a good start. Might not be 100% based on what you're saying here, but one can find, looking in the Sonic Lost World app details that there is a sub for SA including Brazil. Which means that (1) Nuuvem's keys are probably the SA specific sub, (2) activating from Nuuvem would require a VPN, and (3) Nuuvem probably has a paypal/payment address check which would prevent non-SA customers from buying it in the first place.

All of these things, regardless of your point, would be enough to tell him "yes, it's basically locked, attempt to purchase only if you're willing to use a VPN for activation and think it may allow you to purchase at all". Which means he could've found out for himself without treating SteamGAF as his own personal version of google.

More of general warning into trusting SteamDB too much.

Also reverse is also true: Even if there's locked keys, Nuuvem might still receive unlocked keys for some reason (I believe this was case for Batman: Arkham Knight).

Knurek

In the fall of 2013, Dice started sending script files to Chavez, who quickly saw significant issues in what Carpe Fulgur had done. For starters, the file format was incorrect; Dice and Light-Williams had worked in text mode on a CSV-formatted file rather than the spreadsheet mode that XSEED and Falcom had requested. “The way they had it set up was three lines in three separate columns, and all three lines are supposed to be in the same cell, so you just need a hard line break,” Chavez said. “So I just had to cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste.”

It took her two months. Chavez would wake up every day, open up OpenOffice, and copy-paste thousands upon thousands of words, all the while making tiny tweaks and corrections as necessary. Cut, paste, cut, paste. “It was very tedious,” she said.

Who the fuck does that instead of taking an hour to whip up Python script to convert it automatically?

Like, seriously, this is something a first year IT student will do for lunch money...

fallout

I don't think Salsa's really talking about sales, though. That shallowness will likely result in people not sticking with the game for very long.

Who the fuck does that instead of taking an hour to whip up Python script to convert it automatically?

Like, seriously, this is something a first year IT student will do for lunch money...
... my god that's just sad.

Shepard

Guys, I often hear that Magic Pleswalkers 2012 is the best of the bunch, but its been 2 years since it last been on sale. Any particular reason? Also, is the game worth the fullprice nowadays? I have both 2013/2014 and I'm buying 2015 today.

Your move DICE, or is your engine just too complex for those feeble minded modders still?

Most developer tools are proprietary--something that was cobbled together by a few programmers and/or technical artists in-house--and some of these tools are too unwieldy for a portion of the development team working on a project, never mind your average consumer. If you're working at a studio that focuses on annual releases without much, if any, down time between projects, it can be difficult to update or maintain these proprietary tools. If your studio has a dedicated team of programmers and technical artists for updating and maintaining tools, you're lucky, have easier to use tools and perhaps something that could be released into the wild. It also probably means you work at Epic.

Dice, sadly, is owned by Electronic Arts, who are probably more interested in keeping customers in yearly product churn than letting them get invested in single title for a lengthy amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom