• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Tales from the Borderlands is just so awesome and funny. I was laughing hard about the Accountant shootout scene in Episode 4.

(Spoilers for Episode 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGxuZYqD98s

maxresdefault.jpg

Fucking love Finger Guns.

chronomac

Thanks Bayo for the mystery gift, but I already had it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat -- MB-ABDDCCC4C93D0FB9 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.

t1446491815z1.png

No bullying, please.

How is stating a fact bullying? :lol

I adore everyone who worked on it for a damn good reason.

Cause you appreciate that such a niche title that you enjoy was translated and made available to you?

Someone in the thread said the series is niche. Arthea is gonna be so mad.

Truth.

But we wouldn't have gotten the great title if I hadn't. But fine I'll leave it alone for now. Don't want to derail the thread with argument.

He got a title out of it? Hahaha, haven't seen that yet.

word just link pictures

spoiler tagged images look so odd anyhow

This.

Images aren't spoiler tagged on mobile just letting you know. I'm not upset but someone else might be.

I would be, if I was on mobile and had seen it.

Hell yeah!
Just sold a foil for $8.

Thank you Rock Zombie.

Lucky stiff. Though I did have one just sell for 2.xx which felt like a miracle, as I thought it would just sit on the market forever.... still, it's not $8. :p

\o/

ModBot said:
Instructions for laserlaser:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Piracy -- MB-4FF94735A1C56038 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-D18DDA572ED8755F - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-D2A8086ECB59EFAD
The Dream Machine: Chapters 1-3 -- MB-92DC89D4EB0B9220 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.

t1446501895z1.png

Read Only Memories was bundled already? Did it bomb or something?

It might have. Despite having a demo for one, I know some people kinda ignored it because of the graphics and said the price was too high. Then another chunk said it's because it's a "Tumblr game" or something silly like that.

Not sure myself, as I had no interest in it.

Eila

Remember when japanese games sold on steam?
FzijZUI.png

Hey, I think Grandia II and Mugen Souls did well, all things considered.
The oversaturation is real.

Haunted

If anyone wondered what's the talk about the dialogue system in Fallout 4:

79bd627605bd3694ebd2c98419e241b2.jpg
I mean, it's not impossible that this is just a tutorial/not so important NPC so there's not much to talk about with him, but I'm scared that they really cut back on the dialogue across the board. I don't think the fanbase will take well to that.

I called this out from the very first clip

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167944517&postcount=1887

Not that I was the only one

Okay, I can put the crafting behind me but let's talk about the dialogue wheel.

OWc0Miw.jpg

Kinda crazy how they have not 1 but 4 low INT answers for you to pick. I wonder how many there are for high INT characters, possibly more than you have buttons on the controller!

No wait, it's the same exact problem that this implementation always has: you pick a word and then your character says or might not say something in lines of the word or two you chose. I am playing Witcher 3 right now and it's bothering me to no end: sometimes what the character says is even exactly as long as the description text but just said differently. Wow much dynamic interaction. At least in Life Is Strange you can rewind back when the option doesn't do anything you expected it to do, unlike in Telltale games.

edit: going back to that thread, holy shit at the amount of denial :p

Not really.

People seem to think top sellers for an hour means the game sold like gangbusters, when in actuality most of the people that probably really want it buy it then and then the rest of the sells will be in sales months and years to come. Then again I guess it depends on the game.

Look closely, she's made of fish.

Yeah, not having skill check dialog choices is going to make me sad.

Oh yeah you are right. That's a bit more terrifying lol.

fantomena

I mean, it's not impossible that this is just a tutorial/not so important NPC so there's not much to talk about with him, but I'm scared that they really cut back on the dialogue across the board. I don't think the fanbase will take well to that.

That's my thoughts too.

Chariot

Still hoping that this is a parody joke ala Saints Row, but if it isn't, yeah, that could be very bad for the core fanbase to swallow.
Yep, I'm going to hold off until there's a collected edition with all DLC. This is scary.

Obsidian need to come back and bring a fuller Hardcore mode with them.
Sorry, Obsidian is booked in my soul for Bloodlines II., they'll be busy with that.

Vibranium

Banned

Yep, I'm going to hold off until there's a collected edition with all DLC. This is scary.

Obsidian need to come back and bring a fuller Hardcore mode with them. Derrick is probably livid right now.

Uzzy

Less Bethesda writing would be a good thing though.

GODDAMIT ZKYLON

Haunted

FzijZUI.png

Hey, I think Grandia II and Mugen Souls did well, all things considered.
The oversaturation is real.
Most of these games have niche appeal, are ports/rereleases of old games or are simply... not all that great - so I think it's completely normal that they're not selling super well and that's certainly not oversaturation, "Being a Japanese game" is not enough to sell well on Steam, and that's ok.

Haunted

Are we sure this isn't like Mass Effect were it gives you a rough idea of the phrase and the voice line is more expanded? All the characters are voiced so it would make sense.
The problem's the amount of choices, not that people think they'll actually only say the one word mentioned in the UI. Though that vagueness is a side concern for many.

Nzyme32

It's possible sure. Personally it does leave me a lot less interested if it is throughout the game. 4 way dialogue systems are fine for some games, where that is the expectation I have going in. For Fallout though, it's contradictory to everything I know of the game.

Maybe you can use the bumpers to get another 4 or 8? Maybe the responses are intentionally extremely short so that you don't have full control over dialogue and it is based on your characters previous actions and determined mentality? These are things I'm hoping for at this point

Copons

ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER.

That's the one you have gotten yourself into.

If the game crashes, just stay determinated and keep going. It's really very rewarding experience with tons to do.

Indeed.

Mid-game I was having a CTD roughly every 5 minutes, especially when replaying a chapter to complete a sidequest.
But the game is so awesome that I pulled through and 100% it, and I regret nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom