• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Zfp47v3.jpg

You forgot to embed
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pbm73TwXMC4

----

When it comes Japanese releases, I think it's more interesting for cult favorites to make it on the service. For example look at how crazy the sales were for Valkyria Chronicles. Would be interesting to see some bigger stuff like persona, yakuza, and such sales wise on steam.

The problem's the amount of choices, not that people think they'll actually only say the one word mentioned in the UI. Though that vagueness is a side concern for many.

Yeah that makes sense, especially if they are going with a 4 button dialogue tree that could definitely limit the amount of options.

Chariot

Are we sure this isn't like Mass Effect were it gives you a rough idea of the phrase and the voice line is more expanded? All the characters are voiced so it would make sense.
That would be all kinds of terrible for Fallout, wouldn't it?
First of all there are more limited dialogue options and following are the vagueness of the named options that could lead to you interpreting the word different than the developer leading to your character giving an answer you didn't intended in that way.
Exactly.

Jawmuncher

Nothing beats LA Noire in terms of falsely labeled dialog. Too many times did I pick one thing in that game and get something entirely different. Phelps random mood swings didn't help.

FloatOn

what's up with all the scorsessee romulan avatars these days?

concerning fallout 4: I plan on being super lttp as to pick up that sweet goty edition next year with all the dlc bethesda plans on nickel and diming you fools for.

I have so many other games to play in the mean time. I mean, I haven't played witcher 3 OR MGSV yet for crying out loud

Messiah

Nothing beats LA Noire in terms of falsely labeled dialog. Too many times did I pick one thing in that game and get something entirely different. Phelps random mood swings didn't help.

My favourite misunderstood dialogue option will forever be "glass him" in the Wolf among us. At least I hope I am not the only non-native english speaker who misunderstood that phrase.

concerning fallout 4: I plan on being super lttp as to pick up that sweet goty edition next year with all the dlc bethesda plans on nickel and diming you fools for.

I have so many other games to play in the mean time. I mean, I haven't played witcher 3 OR MGSV yet for crying out loud
The season pass is just $30 and will be half off on GMG in 6 months

have fun waiting for the full price GOTY edition in a year though

Nzyme32

That would be because they changed the names of the dialogue system quite late on. It actually used to be "Coax, Force, and Lie" along with truth, which makes a whole lot more sense

My favourite misunderstood dialogue option will forever be "glass him" in the Wolf among us. At least I hope I am not the only non-native english speaker who misunderstood that phrase.

In the UK, particularly in the north, that is a very well known phrase

Chariot

Some people bullied a user out of his Saoirse avatar, so we wear her out of solidarity and to show that it's okay to be dedicated.

The Steam bubble has burst
To be honest, I try to dedicate as much as I can to anime games, but there are too many releasing for my wallet to keep up. Which is why I mainly buy works like Mugen Souls, Pirate Warriors and NepNep where I am sure that I will play them. I bought FC out of solidarity at launch, but I can't do that all the time.

FloatOn

The season pass is just $30 and will be half off on GMG in 6 months

have fun waiting for the full price GOTY edition in a year though

oh I will have fun

like I said tons of other games to play

Some people bullied a user out of his Saoirse avatar, so we wear her out of solidarity and to show that it's okay to be dedicated.

what fuckery is this?

hope they got banned. JaseC and his Ronan avatars are a staple of gaf

Dr Dogg

In the UK, particularly in the north, that is a very well known phrase

That's because it's grim up north :p

We're so polite down here we don't even chat to people at the bus stop.

I'm sure I could whitter on about other regional cliches too but I'm pretty sure they'd be lost on some folks here.

zkylon

zkylewd
alpha protocol was ok with 4 dialogue choices and most games don't really have 10 or whatever in a regular basis, new vegas included

i think dialogue wheels aren't bad themselves, specially for very directed games like mass effect, but it's the quality of the writing what matters in the end and beth is really bad at that so i don't think either solution is any better

if you ask me bethesda should probably ditch narrative altogether and do a mount & blade like thing in which you roam around and loot stuff and explore and whenever you talk to people it's like

1. tell me about yourself
2. i see you're a raider, tell me about the raiders
3. let's barter
4. let's gossip
5. die heathen!

FloatOn

coolskeleton95 is articulate as fuck

alpha protocol was ok with 4 dialogue choices and most games don't really have 10 or whatever in a regular basis, new vegas included

i think dialogue wheels aren't bad themselves, specially for very directed games like mass effect, but it's the quality of the writing what matters in the end and beth is really bad at that so i don't think either solution is any better

if you ask me bethesda should probably ditch narrative altogether and do a mount & blade like thing in which you roam around and loot stuff and explore and whenever you talk to people it's like

1. tell me about yourself
2. i see you're a raider, tell me about the raiders
3. let's barter
4. let's gossip
5. die heathen!

alpha protocol was NOT okay. game was terrible

gurm3n

Neo Member
So, Baldur's Gate II: EE is 75% off on Steam, where's Baldur's Gate I: EE?!?!

EDIT: Wrote 50% insted of 75%. Thanks Ribeiro.

C4rter

LOL, Yeah. I totally read it too fast and therefore completely misunderstood it. I was shocked as to what happened afterwards. But I went with it anyway.

Uzzy

That's because it's grim up north :p

We're so polite down here we don't even chat to people at the bus stop.

I'm sure I could whitter on about other regional cliches too but I'm pretty sure they'd be lost on some folks here.

My favourite cliche is how all the southerners are softies and how this is the only solution.

If anyone wondered what's the talk about the dialogue system in Fallout 4:

79bd627605bd3694ebd2c98419e241b2.jpg

Not surprised. As soon as I heard they were doing full voice for the main character, they had to go with a Bioware style dialog system.

The problem I having is there is such a crazed vocal minority that automatically hates everything Bethesda does, its really hard to tell if its bad or not.

Dr Dogg

Think this is news for Europe at least. You can purchase the Xbox One Wireless Adapter now too Euro-folks. 22,99€ + free shipping.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...ahtlosadapter-für-Windows/productID.325700100

Sorry bit late on this Veggie but is this for every EU Microsoft store? As that's waaay cheaper than Amazon over here for the Xbone Adapter.

My favourite cliche is how all the southerners are softies and how this is the only solution.

I had family down this week just gone from around your neck of the woods (well they were visiting other relatives but I popped my head in on Saturday). One of them was very proudly telling me that Kingston upon Hull is one of only 3 areas in the country that under the new living wage rolling out next year that you could get a mortgage for a property going by the average house price. I did point out that's probably more to do with Hull being largely forgotten by the rest of the country and that in 35 years your equity would probably amount to a packet of Hobbnobs and a box of Yorkshire Tea. Now I was taking the piss but I don't think I've ever seen someone go so red with anger.

louiedog

The problem I having is there is such a crazed vocal minority that automatically hates everything Bethesda does, its really hard to tell if its bad or not.

That's the thing. They changed it so everyone is mad. Is it bad? Is it worse? Who knows. It's different and there are fewer options in the single frame so it's time to panic.

Uzzy

I had family down this week just gone from around your neck of the woods (well they were visiting other relatives but I popped my head in on Saturday). One of them was very proudly telling me that Kingston upon Hull is one of only 3 areas in the country that under the new living wage rolling out next year that you could get a mortgage for a property going by the average house price. I did point out that's probably more to do with Hull being largely forgotten by the rest of the country and that in 35 years your equity would probably amount to a packet of Hobb Knobs and a box of Yorkshire Tea. Now I was taking the piss but I don't think I've ever seen someone go so red with anger.

Hahahaha. On the bright side, we could take that box of Yorkshire Tea and sell it for a few million quid as an 'executive 6 bedroom condo' down in London Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom