• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Yeah -- some of these puzzles are pretty obtuse.

Probably not cheap for USD, right?

Hrrrm. There's another Santa Yaiba running around?
I've been slowly giving it to everyone on my FL who had it wishlisted and would be likely to play it... I just ran out of funds for the Halloween sale and was going to do another round during the Winter sale.

There's plenty of shadows in the second shot?

i thought it was you, thanks man !

MkmXt4H.gif

goodnight sweet prince

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 -- MB-41BC0001B394E6E1 - Taken by Deques. 20 entrants total.

t1446611036z1.png

:V

i thought it was you, thanks man !

I don't think it was though. :3
I thought about it, but you were just under the cut as I'd already handed out like 4-5 copies to people in here.

Fuzzi likes to gift that game to people too, so maybe it was him.

You can check the email associated with your steam account, it should have a copy of the popup that announced the gift.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think there's a competition between controllers and m&k. i can see someone being uncomfortable with one or the other but they each fit certain genres/games objectively better and that's pretty much it.

i don't think there's a competition between controllers and m&k. i can see someone being uncomfortable with one or the other but they each fit certain genres/games objectively better and that's pretty much it.

If I'm playing a single player game with controller support I will pretty much always, always take it.

zkylon

zkylewd
seriously

this fo4 outrage is ridiculous

it's not even a downgrade or anything, from those pictures it looks pretty much the same as in the reveal trailers, in which you could perfectly see that it looked dated and obviously not comparable to gfx powerhouses like witcha and ass creed or whatever

it's a beth game, who gives a shit how it looks, skyrim and fo3 both looked bad for their time

i can't believe i have to defend beth

If I'm playing a single player game with controller support I will pretty much always, always take it.
that's like, predilection, you can play a shooter with controller just like u can play dark souls with a keyboard but in both cases you're using the less appropriate tool

its made with unity
that sort of explains the really bad loading screens.

doesn't justify the shitty performance, that's all beth

zkylon

zkylewd
how hard it is to get a ps4 controller working on win10?

i'm thinking of replacing my 360 controller and i don't like batteries so might as well go with the ps4 one

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

i'm thinking of replacing my 360 controller and i don't like batteries so might as well go with the ps4 one

The PS4 controller will make you miss batteries. I turn my PS4 on and the controller is at 2/3 bars from a full charge just sitting there unused while something downloads for an hour.

Dsyndrome

Not hard, few workarounds, Knurek's got a thread on it. Blue tooth works flawlessly without a separate adapter, and plugging in to USB to charge isn't the end of the world.
I thought the experimental DS4 connect button on the bottom was for 10?
I use Inputmapper; it's all a workaround either way until Win 10 Build 10540 comes out publicly.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Just install DS4Windows and plug it in pretty much for X-Input stuff and by default it's a D-input pad.

Not hard, few workarounds, Knurek's got a thread on it.

I thought the experimental DS4 connect button on the bottom was for 10?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
tbh i'd prefer if there was a wired version of an xbone controller

i really don't like batteries

Well if you want that you can just keep the cord plugged in I play with my DS4 plugged in the same manner since I don't like using wireless for controller input and it works the same way for the Xbone controller without the extra set up.

MkmXt4H.gif

goodnight sweet prince
I just had a dream last night where my dog fell off a cliff and I had to jump into the water to save him and it was filled with bodies but they turned out to people and then the lights turned on in the cavern and *horrible things*

Fun stuff there though.

And I love batteries. My Xbox One controller last around 30+ hours on a single enloop charge whereas my PS4 controller lasts six hours at best.

Grief.exe

seriously

this fo4 outrage is ridiculous

it's not even a downgrade or anything, from those pictures it looks pretty much the same as in the reveal trailers, in which you could perfectly see that it looked dated and obviously not comparable to gfx powerhouses like witcha and ass creed or whatever

it's a beth game, who gives a shit how it looks, skyrim and fo3 both looked bad for their time

i can't believe i have to defend beth

that's like, predilection, you can play a shooter with controller just like u can play dark souls with a keyboard but in both cases you're using the less appropriate tool

that sort of explains the really bad loading screens.

doesn't justify the shitty performance, that's all beth

It's not a Bethesda game without conceding vast portions of the game design.

Well, it's a Bethesda game so we can expect below-average visuals, performance, animations, writing, and gameplay...but you don't buy Bethesda games for those reasons.

The PS4 controller will make you miss batteries. I turn my PS4 on and the controller is at 2/3 bars from a full charge just sitting there unused while something downloads for an hour.

I just had a dream last night where my dog fell off a cliff and I had to jump into the water to save him and it was filled with bodies but they turned out to people and then the lights turned on in the cavern and *horrible things*

Fun stuff there though.

And I love batteries. My Xbox One controller last around 30+ hours on a single enloop charge whereas my PS4 controller lasts six hours at best.

Same. My DS4 is always wired, pretty much.

And people were advocating for proprietary batteries in the Steam controller. Why?

Well, it's a Bethesda game so we can expect below-average visuals, performance, animations, writing, and gameplay...but you don't buy Bethesda games for those reasons.

And people were advocating for proprietary batteries in the Steam controller. Why?

because they're not inherently bad? ds3 and wii u pro controller have wonderful battery lives. the ds4 is the exception, not the rule

Well, it's a Bethesda game so we can't expect solid visuals, performance, animations, writing, or gameplay...but you don't buy Bethesda games for those reasons.

You say we, like you speak for everybody...

But -- SURPRISE -- not everyone has the same opinions as you... amazing and almost unbelievable, I know... but it's TRUE!

Some people consider Fallout 4 to have solid visuals, writing, gameplay, etc. *GASP*

My preference for using a USB connection for my DS4 has absolutely NOTHING to do with battery life, FYI.
I use it connected that way because I had some issues in Windows 8 dealing with switching from SCP drivers for DS3/DS4 to DS4windows and DS4windows wanted nothing to do with BT connections because I had the secondary drivers to it. I also have some sort of weird latency problem when connected over BT and I'm not sure if it's just the adapter I chose or what... but I'm not bothered by any battery life issues, personally. I merely added that to echo that it was a viable option to just connect it and leave it connected via USB if that was the user's preference.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Not every controllers internal batteries suck which is good for the Wii U Pro one since the dumb thing doesn't truly work wired.

Also I use direct USB connection since my PC and PS4 are right next to each other and less controller latency.

No controller without AA batteries lasts very long. Why would you not want a controller that can last for 30+ hours on a single charge and can be instantly and fully charged within 20 seconds by switching out the rechargeable battery of your choice(enloops last forever)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Also comes down to asymmetrical sticks, can't stand them, so I go PS_whatever. Just like non-inverted y-axis.

I don't particularly care either way and am confused by people who can't adapt to both. I have a PS4 already so I use that and I don't have an Xbone so I don't use their controller.

Grief.exe

because they're not inherently bad? ds3 and wii u pro controller have wonderful battery lives. the ds4 is the exception, not the rule

Not every controllers internal batteries suck which is good for the Wii U Pro one since the dumb thing doesn't truly work wired.

Also I use direct USB connection since my PC and PS4 are right next to each other and less controller latency.

Even if those controllers are good now, they will not be good long term. Chemically, the batteries lose charge over time.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Even if those controllers are good now, they will not be good long term. Chemically, the batteries lose charge over time.

Well this isn't really relevant to me me well since I use all my controllers with a direct wired connection with the exception there being the Wii U Pro since it's built that way.

Metal Gear Rising's bullshit ruined my PS4 controller's left analogue stick although that has a lot to do with the general build quality of the thing.

Dsyndrome

I don't particularly care either way and am confused by people who can't adapt to both. I have a PS4 already so I use that and I don't have an Xbone so I don't use their controller.

Preference for one control method (symmetrical) over another due to years of using one, so the other feels wrong. Inverted controls is to it being akin to flight controls where pushing up means down and vice versa, I blame Tie Fighter and F-22 Lightning II for that.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Metal Gear Rising's bullshit ruined my PS4 controller's left analogue stick although that has a lot to do with the general build quality of the thing.

Actually I play that frequently and mine has held up pretty well and looks like new, but there appears to be a discrepancy in build quality for the DS4 for whatever reason.

It'll be fine. Just play the GOTY edition 2+ years down the road modded to hell and back to fix the deficiencies.

zkylon

zkylewd
completely works with any micro usb cable, don't need batteries

there's also the play and charge kit

9034e0ef-d08f-4d02-8ae1-521e36e33ded.png
whats that

i dont want to spend that much money, these things are already stupid overpriced in argieland

Well if you want that you can just keep the cord plugged in I play with my DS4 plugged in the same manner since I don't like using wireless for controller input and it works the same way for the Xbone controller without the extra set up.
yea that's a good idea

i think beth games are bad but visuals are the least of my concerns about them

or any game in general, i swear if visuals aren't the least important aspect of a game then that game is probably not that great

No controller without AA batteries lasts very long. Why would you not want a controller that can last for 30+ hours on a single charge and can be instantly and fully charged within 20 seconds by switching out the rechargeable battery of your choice(enloops last forever)
i have bad memories of playing with a wiimote on emulator

that thing didn't last shit

I used a guide while playing Grim Fandango and immediately felt guilt wash over me. So I deleted my save which was maybe a bit drastic. I'll return to it after a couple of months after what I saw is repressed from my memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom