• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Can anyone tell me if HRK is a legit website?
https://www.hrkgame.com/

I have never heard of them before.
They sell "make your own bundle", bundles and individual games. they even have lottery where you pay $2 and have a chance to win an AAA game or crap game

Hektor

Happy Birthday Ozium, Exosoul, Gabe Newell, Mick Thomson and Dolph Lundgren!

Twitter makes it sound like it won't be in the bundle tomorrow BRB

https://twitter.com/ROM2064/status/661329868450304001

They also assumed the bundle would only be available for a day, apparently. Doesn't look like they researched this move before making it.

Nope, one of Midboss' employees confirms that they had no idea the bundle would go on further than Monday. It was intended to be a day-long fire sale but that's not how the bundle works.

I kinda feel bad for them, even tho its entirely thei fault for not researching properly. But that Emoji.

Dr Dogg

Didn't King post something like $1.8 billion in revenue last financial year with something like $5-600 million in profits? Didn't they also float at the same time too? Don't under estimate the draw of Candy Crush just because it doesn't conform to the type of games you play. I mean comparing the licenced properties that Activsion makes is just bonkers especially when you factor in development and licencing costs then they are pretty fucking poor ROI regardless how big the scope of the game is.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This is quality. Good on you.

It was also Dunder's birthday yesterday, I believe.

Haven't seen Dunder around in a while, but I hope he had a good one as well! Gotta stay speedrunnin with the best of em.

A LITTE DRUNK BUT

LITERALLY my fuckni game of the year and i've played very little

get vermintide

It's on the "to get" list, my co-op oriented game group has been needing something to play since KF2's updates are too slow to keep interest and Vermintide is the best candidate. Just a matter of getting enough of them to throw down.

Haven't seen Dunder around in a while, but I hope he had a good one as well! Gotta stay speedrunnin with the best of em.

It's on the "to get" list, my co-op oriented game group has been needing something to play since KF2's updates are too slow to keep interest and Vermintide is the best candidate. Just a matter of getting enough of them to throw down.

do it now
kf2 is trash compared to this

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently publishers can now forcibly change user licences. (Pre-orders only?)

Sub 83979 said:
] licenses_for_app 311210
License packageID 83979:
- State : Active( flags 0 ) - Purchased : Tue Oct 27 03:40:05 2015 in "BR", Credit Card

blops3qpxyy.jpg

The sub is only hours old and yet I automagically have it despite buying the game a week ago.

JustLynx

Apparently publishers can now forcibly change user licences.

The sub is only hours old and yet I automagically have it despite buying the game a week ago.

I read in several places that after 3 months the geographic lock removes itself, so that's something

aw350

Banned
Didn't King post something like $1.8 billion in revenue last financial year with something like $5-600 million in profits? Didn't they also float at the same time too? Don't under estimate the draw of Candy Crush just because it doesn't conform to the type of games you play. I mean comparing the licenced properties that Activsion makes is just bonkers especially when you factor in development and licencing costs then they are pretty fucking poor ROI regardless how big the scope of the game is.

They are big, but they've been losing recently (last 6 months). Less people were logging in and playing. I have a couple of their games on the phone and it was seen they've been getting somewhat desperate - tons of updates, special actions, promos and whatnot. I mean, I don't mind, I will gladly take more updates and more of everything, thanks, but it somehow felt they were in a tight spot and were trying to get out of it.

It will be interesting to see what Activision will do with the games. I suspect they will leave a lot of it intact at first, but after...

Dr Dogg

How on earth would they work that out?

They are big, but they've been losing recently (last 6 months). Less people were logging in and playing. I have a couple of their games on the phone and it was seen they've been getting somewhat desperate - tons of updates, special actions, promos and whatnot. I mean, I don't mind, I will gladly take more updates and more of everything, thanks, but it was felt they were in a tight spot and were trying to get out of it.

Ah ok. Well Guess you get Candy Crush with Skylanders characters now. Oh chirst that's what's going to happen. Activision are going to combine Toys to Life games with mobile and create a monster!

JaseC

How on earth would they work that out?

The new subs are for South America, so presumably anybody who purchased a ROW sub in South America now has a new sub that's heavily region-locked. I don't see any benefit to allowing this sort of functionality.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut -- MB-F4A3FA676932C272 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.

t1446542216z1.png

Teggy

1080p screenshots of Sonic LW if anyone's interested

Looks good I know, just wish the gameplay was good too :/ Mind you I hadn't played the Wii U ver. myself, but after trying the 3DS ver. ...can't say I feel very positive about it :/

FWIW I believe the console version reviewed better than the handheld version.

Maybe already asked about in here but with the recent Kojipro layoffs - would there be grounds for a steam refund even though we have all played close to 100 hours IF MGO does not come to PC or comes and is a broken mess and not supported?

I bought MGSV mostly for MGO. Even though I am not sure the store page mentions it at all? So I'm thinking it may be a tough sell to Valve but not sure. Just really shitty situation and I hope Konami surprise us for the good but so doubtful.

JaseC

Should I be concerned about all the games I've gotten from traders or things I've bought from Nuuvem?

Potentially as the region tied to gifts is based on the region of the purchaser and the region of key activations is tied to your IP at the time of activation, meaning activation-restricted keys could become problematic. I would assume Valve doesn't allow publishers to apply forced licence changes to released games, though.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Maybe already asked about in here but with the recent Kojipro layoffs - would there be grounds for a steam refund even though we have all played close to 100 hours IF MGO does not come to PC or comes and is a broken mess and not supported?

I bought MGSV mostly for MGO. Even though I am not sure the store page mentions it at all? So I'm thinking it may be a tough sell to Valve but not sure. Just really shitty situation and I hope Konami surprise us for the good but so doubtful.

With the recent fiasco regarding Arkham Knight, I would assume Valve can give greater control over the refunds in absolutely extreme cases. Most likely completely in the hands of the publishers though, and with Konami backing away from the industry with both middle fingers out, I wouldn't expect them to give gamers the chance to take their money back.

aw350

Banned
A quick question regarding IdleMaster, which I started with yesterday:

All settings at default, it is idling OK, making its way through all the games that I have, idling in packs of 30 for 3 hours each. All right. I am yet to get a single card though, despite it running for something like 14 hours now. Is this expected?

(I apologize if this has been asked and answered a hundred times before, I've searched for an answer and came up empty.)

(I like the UI a lot, by the way, very succinct.)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
A quick question regarding IdleMaster, which I started with yesterday:

All settings at default, it is idling OK, making its way through all the games that I have, idling in packs of 30 for 3 hours each. All right. I am yet to get a single card though, despite it running for something like 14 hours now. Is this expected?

(I apologize if this has been asked and answered a hundred times before, I've searched for an answer and came up empty.)

(I like the UI a lot, by the way, very succinct.)

check settings and set to run each game individually

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I need a direct quote about that, because I remember reading that if the campaign failed just the game was done, not the whole studio.
Late on this, but it was sort of implied by this quote:

So, perhaps this is asking too much, but are you guys going to be okay if this doesn't fund?

Not to be too negative, but since there appears to be a non-zero chance of that happening, it'd be a shame if that caused things to implode.
We'll probably go dormant for a bit, at the very least, while we try to get something else going.

What happens from there is hard to know? Our guys are in demand for freelance work, so a lot of them could probably hang on with that, but if it does on too long people will need to start looking for other work.

Dr Dogg

The new subs are for South America, so presumably anybody who purchased a ROW sub in South America now has a new sub that's heavily region-locked. I don't see any benefit to allowing this sort of functionality.

It is a bit crackers as I can't imagine those who could essentially purchase something outside their region is anything but a tiny, tiny fraction of Steams users.

Arthea

It is a bit crackers as I can't imagine those who could essentially purchase something outside their region is anything but a tiny, tiny fraction of Steams users.

It's not as tiny as you think, I quite often used to see it mentioned on steam boards, even using VPN to purchase from other steam region directly, one would think that is an extremely stupid thing to post on steam boards, then again valve probably never visit those.

oipic

She's back! Normality is restored, and thank heavens for that.

Of all the 'problems' SteamGAF may have, real or perceived, JaseC, his avatars, and Saoirse Ronan are the very, very least of them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ozium, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broforce -- MB-FA1F27D6339FF1F1 - Taken by rainking187. 19 entrants total.
Cosmochoria -- MB-84A50563F9242F0E - Taken by Mikurden. 10 entrants total.
Contradiction -- MB-3FC72D19672A7395 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 15 entrants total.
D.I. Jenks is the best character of 2015

t1446546296z1.png

Dr Dogg

It's not as tiny as you think, I quite often used to see it mentioned on steam boards, even using VPN to purchase from other steam region directly, one would think that is an extremely stupid thing to post on steam boards, then again valve probably never visit those.

Hmmmm. Maybe we should do an anonymous straw poll in here and see what percentage we get back. Granted this is a group of 'hardened' Steam users and not really representative of the average Steam user (remember the top 1% of Steam users only own 107 games).

JaseC

She's back! Normality is restored, and thank heavens for that.

I slept on it (literally, apparently, as I dreamt that I was at a family gathering and she was there because she was a friend of one of my cousins or something, which doesn't even begin to make sense) and have been thinking about it throughout the day, and here we are.

Drama Queen indeed.

I was expecting you to weigh in with something like this given your PM last night. Thanks for not disappointing me.

Arthea

Hmmmm. Maybe we should do an anonymous straw poll in here and see what percentage we get back. Granted this is a group of 'hardened' Steam users and not really representative of the average Steam user (remember the top 1% of Steam users only own 107 games).

well, only that 1% matters anyway, for anything steam related I mean, not in general.

Don't bully.

Rorona approves this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom