• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
I don't think it was though. :3
I thought about it, but you were just under the cut as I'd already handed out like 4-5 copies to people in here.

Fuzzi likes to gift that game to people too, so maybe it was him.

You can check the email associated with your steam account, it should have a copy of the popup that announced the gift.

oh, my bad

i'll look into it, thanks

Metal Gear Rising's bullshit ruined my PS4 controller's left analogue stick although that has a lot to do with the general build quality of the thing.

What "bullshit"?

I 100%'ed that game with a DS4 on PC. My DS4 is still pretty much pristine too -- I ended up swapping the analog sticks out for another type because I wasn't fond of the rubberized material they used, but this was after 80 hours of MGR:R (and more!)

I used a guide while playing Grim Fandango and immediately felt guilt wash over me. So I deleted my save which was maybe a bit drastic. I'll return to it after a couple of months after what I saw is repressed from my memory

I don't think there's reason to feel guilty for using a guide... sometimes puzzles are just not something you'd ever think of... sometimes they're arbitrary in terms of order and stuff too... or prevent you from using an obvious solution. While I understand where you're coming from, I'm just saying I don't think there's any reason to feel bad about consulting a guide if you get stuck and are just spinning your wheels.

For example, I played through the large majority of VLR without a guide... but one of the last rooms had a puzzle type that my brain is just not good with... so I ended up using a guide to help with that puzzle so I could complete the story and the game and not have it be something I put down and never come back to/finish because it didn't click... and I look back fondly on VLR because of that where that last puzzle might've ruined it for me otherwise.

Either way, good luck with it in the future. :)

oh, my bad

i'll look into it, thanks

I did notice it on your wishlist... and I considered supplying you with a copy. I just realized how much I'd already spent on gifts for people during the sale and had to put the brakes on for budgeting reasons. I don't want to take credit for someone else's good deed. But whomever they are, I commend them.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm kinda glad FO4 has such crappy textures. Every Beth game I DL hi-res packs off the nexus anyway, so I can see why Beth isn't bothering this time around.

BorntoPlay

No controller without AA batteries lasts very long. Why would you not want a controller that can last for 30+ hours on a single charge and can be instantly and fully charged within 20 seconds by switching out the rechargeable battery of your choice(enloops last forever)

say hello to my Wii U Pro Controller, lasts 80 hours on a single charge..

7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg

This may or may not work. Humble made it seem like I was given 2 keys for this back when those build-a-bundles were going on. If this one works, I may have copies of some Telltale games (Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones, Wolf Among Us) and stuff like Ronin to give away. I think there's also a Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut somewhere in my un-redeemed stash.

I'll wait and see if this works first. Just as a heads up in the event that someone is dying for one of those and hasn't been able to pick it up for whatever reason.

Seems its not working like that. Thanks anyway~~

say hello to my Wii U Pro Controller, lasts 80 hours on a single charge..

Hmmm, not a bad looking piece of hardware... how does it work for games requiring xinput? Do you have to use the old xinput mapper method or can you get it working through one of the ds4 programs like ds4win/inputmapper?

thank you fuzzi for the gift of yaiba !

Hah, called it. I knew it was him, as he seemed to follow in my love of Yaiba and dispensing it to others in SteamGAF. :)

Good on him. Heart of gold, that one.

I got the Wiimote charger pack from the Nintendo store. It looks slick but the wiimote condom is clearish white and the charger and battery pack are black. So I have to barehand it.

This 3-hour, old game raffle is dedicated to Tizoc. Variety is the spcie of life everyone. Wildcard!

And with this, the queue of mystery games is finally gone.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut -- MB-F4A3FA676932C272 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.

t1446542216z1.png

EDIT -
Hmmm, not a bad looking piece of hardware... how does it work for games requiring xinput? Do you have to use the old xinput mapper method or can you get it working through one of the ds4 programs like ds4win/inputmapper?

I use the Mayflash adapter for the pro controller on PC. It has a switch on it, Xinput (supports 1 controller), or Dinput (supports up to 4). On XInput it is detected as regular 360 pad. You can remap the a,b,x,y from the Ninteno and Microsoft layout as well.

Only issue is no analog triggers so a few games might get some undesired behavior with that.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hrrrm. There's another Santa Yaiba running around?
I've been slowly giving it to everyone on my FL who had it wishlisted and would be likely to play it... I just ran out of funds for the Halloween sale and was going to do another round during the Winter sale.

Yeah there is, I got a copy too!
<3 based Fuzzification

Vibranium

Banned
I wonder if Bethesda would benefit from replacing Todd Howard with a new creative lead...it will never happen unless he leaves though.

I'm sure lots of people will have fun with Fallout 4 anyways and that's cool.

dex3108

What's with you guys?
Today is our lord Gaben's birthday, and no one even has mentioned it yet? :D

We don't celebrate GabeN's birthday because GabeN is eternal.

And I really don't know what Activision was thinking with that King purchase. There is no way they will get their money back anytime soon if ever.

Thanks... I might have to cop a WiiU Pro controller and try that... or just get a mayflash. Is there a good site for grabbing a mayflash at a reasonable price? Or a WiiU Pro controller (black friday sales soon, maybe...)?

I've been contemplating the best type of controller to get working with a macbook for when I travel, but DS4 doesn't seem optimal. I was interested in the Steam controller but a lot of the impressions have soured me on that as of late... so maybe a WiiU Pro controller is the way to go.

Yeah there is, I got a copy too!
<3 based Fuzzification

You were all in the next batch (winter sale) I swear!
That means I'm going to have to throw games at Fuzzi to repay his kindness in spades... especially for helping me spread the wonder of Yaiba.

Maybe not, otherwise why would their be "play now" and "buy now 75% off"

They've given it out free in the past, which is the only reason it's on my account... but you're probably right.

We don't celebrate GabeN's birthday because GabeN is eternal.

And I really don't know what Activision was thinking with that King purchase. There is no way they will get their money back anytime soon if ever.
They are filthy rich, don't worry for the investment for them.

Ozium

Thanks for all the bday wishes, here are some games I liked maybe you will like them too

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ozium:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broforce -- MB-FA1F27D6339FF1F1 - Taken by rainking187. 19 entrants total.
Cosmochoria -- MB-84A50563F9242F0E - Taken by Mikurden. 10 entrants total.
Contradiction -- MB-3FC72D19672A7395 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 15 entrants total.
D.I. Jenks is the best character of 2015

t1446546296z1.png

Uzzy

They have that much money to waste on Candy Crush but they are giving pocket change for Tony Hawk, Deadpool, Kora, Transformers, TMNT... That is sad thing.

Eh, at least we got a Korra game. That showed more love for the property than Nickelodeon did at least! So I'll always be glad about that.

ExoSoul

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ExoSoul, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Secret Ponchos -- MB-2361E1761838926F - Taken by Sarcasm. 7 entrants total.

t1446547076z1.png

Forgot I still had this.
Let me know if it's still a double pack, kinda curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom