• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

well, only that 1% matters anyway, for anything steam related I mean, not in general.

Ah bugger I've just closed that article down and on my phone now but I think the Steamspy number of users that makes up that 1% was 1.3 million users. I can remember the percentage drop down to only 4 games but it wasn't much. What I'm trying to say overall of Steam's user base very, very few would know how to buy outside your region let alone those who actively do it and I can't imagine it's enough people that someone like a Activision or TakeTwo would get pissy enough to clamp down on it. Then again most publishers would rather have all of the money rather than some of the money.

Arthea

Apparently valve changed their mind about phone authentication of all trades, because it's already 3rd of November and I'm not asked to do so, I'm also no longer getting messages that it's being implemented. I wonder why

I'm a bona fide seer.

Well, if you say so. I just find this whole thing funny.

Cries about Avatar
Names names
People rally to support
Changes back to Avatar again

There's no cult of personality here, as you guys keep saying. However, once again we have a few posts of pointless due to some strange obsession. Whatever. I'll put you back on ignore again, it's easier.

Apparently valve changed their mind about phone authentication of all trades, because it's already 3rd of November and I'm not asked to do so, I'm also no longer getting messages that it's being implemented. I wonder why

But they made it part of the community badge! You do want to be part of the community, don't you? You are a true Steam User, right?

Probably because of the community badge update?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So how bad is this new region changing thing? I'm not the best at understanding all these sub changes frankly.

The potential is there for it to be bad, but I only see it being a a bit of a problem in practice for activation-restricted pre-orders on Nuuvem. Going forward I'd recommend waiting until the day before release to pre-order something that requires a VPN.

Well, if you say so. I just find this whole thing funny.

Cries about Avatar
Names names
People rally to support
Changes back to Avatar again

There's no cult of personality here, as you guys keep saying. However, once again we have a few posts of pointless due to some strange obsession. Whatever. I'll put you back on ignore again, it's easier.

I named you and nobody else because of your ridiculous meltdown last year that veered off into one of the most bizarre PM back-and-forths I've ever had, a pile that you added to by randomly popping into the thread a couple of weeks ago and declaring that TFI Friday is ruined for you because of Saoirse's appearance, clarifying that she's forever tainted because of my "creepy obsession".

I named you because you've given me far more grief than anybody else, something I've explained to you twice now. You may not recognise that you've been nothing but a huge dick to me, which would certainly explain why you feel victimised and seem incapable of understanding why I'd name you, but that doesn't make it any less true. Having me on ignore doesn't achieve anything if you're going to continue taking pot shots at me, so I'd rather you just stopped talking about me at all -- starting now.

Arthea

Probably because of the community badge update?

shouldn't it be other way around? Or are you saying they are waiting until more people gave them their phone access?

Ah bugger I've just closed that article down and on my phone now but I think the Steamspy number of users that makes up that 1% was 1.3 million users. I can remember the percentage drop down to only 4 games but it wasn't much. What I'm trying to say overall of Steam's user base very, very few would know how to buy outside your region let alone those who actively do it and I can't imagine it's enough people that someone like a Activision or TakeTwo would get pissy enough to clamp down on it. Then again most publishers would rather have all of the money rather than some of the money.

Publishers tend to overreact and overprotect and screw customers in any way they can, so yeah

edited: honestly, I don't think that Nuuvem is a valid option anymore, as publishers can run lock games at any moment they choose, can't they? With amount of locking we are seeing lately, I feel like bloody hypocrite for using steam, thanks volvo

fertygo

From what I understanding if you not activating key with VPN you're safe right?

So people that buying from nuveem when their keys not locked activation outside of Brazil should've safe.

shouldn't it be other way around? Or are you saying they are waiting until more people gave them their phone access?

Well, the recent steamguard update on the mobile app requires you to give Steam your mobile number to enable 2 step verification each time you login through any device (If you choose the mobile verification instead of email). And if you do that even once, you complete one of the new tasks for the community badge.

In a way, it does encourage people to give them their phone access.

Why don't everyone change to the bird avatar now?
The bird has left its nest.

Arthea

Well, the recent steamguard update on the mobile app requires you to give Steam your mobile number to enable 2 step verification each time you login through any device (If you choose the mobile verification instead of email). And if you do that even once, you complete one of the new tasks for the community badge.

In a way, it does encourage people to give them their phone access.

ya, but I was talking about trade verifications via phone that had to be up at the end of October, according to valve, yet they are not.
it's not that important, I just thought maybe there was some outcry that made them change their mind or something.

Chariot

well that's what people get for exploiting the system
True. Which is why I will be only upset about myself and not mad at nuuvem or steam.

Depend if you activating the key with VPN or not.

And I think those who did XCOM2 Pre-order I think fucked for good
Oh, have no pending pre-orders, had enough of those for the year. I just bought games from there in the past that I might miss.

There was some Fallout 4 doge videos (one where the doge was falling from the map all the time et cetera) but they were taken down by Zenimax.

Poor doge :(

ya, but I was talking about trade verifications via phone that had to be up at the end of October, according to valve, yet they are not.
it's not that important, I just thought maybe there was some outcry that made them change their mind or something.
Oh, I misread that. My bad.

I haven't seen any such mention in this thread yet, and i have no interest in searching steam community forums. Not a fan of the place.

So, both nuuvem and MGO are dead now?
Nuuvem has one foot in the grave. MGO is all the way down, possibly.

Depends if Konami shifts development to a different team or not. Oh well, I should uninstall MGSV now.

JaseC

So, both nuuvem and MGO are dead now?

Only for activation-restricted pre-orders, I assume. Just wait until the day before release to avoid any nasty surprises as by then it'll be clear whether or not there's a sub to worry about.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OASE - Other Age Second Encounter -- MB-4FA601B73880ECDD - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
The Adventures of Fatman -- MB-590CCD0632C93E3C - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.

t1446546237z1.png

JaseC

why are you refunding games of all people? That's shocking!

Because as a result of me being naughty and Valve giving publishers more power it was retroactively region-locked. I'll be pre-ordering it again when I get home from work (assuming the refund has been processed).

Dr Dogg

What I find funny about the 'Elite' controller is that while it's got a make over on the outside and the addition of paddles and trigger stops from the tear down vids it looks like it's exactly the same internals. I wonder what the R&D costs on this thing were and what the final BOM are compared to the standard controller.

Knurek

Mushihime-sama in T-2 days.

My pivot is ready.

Hopefully today's Humble additions are good. Would appreciated Van Helsing 3, *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*

Do we have some solid leads as to what the Humble Lootcrate will have? Other than Grimrock 2, that is?

Guys is it OK if I change my avatar to an actress that's in her early teens and follow her career movie to movie, TV appearances, where she's moving to and tell yous all about it?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
When people say MGO I always think they're talking about the gaffer that plays in the gaf europa universalis multiplayer.

Guys is it OK if I change my avatar to an actress that's in her early teens and follow her career movie to movie and tell yous all about it?

I don't like your hostility, kinda ruins this thread.

Just gonna be honest with you.

Hektor

Guys is it OK if I change my avatar to an actress that's in her early teens and follow her career movie to movie, TV appearances, where she's moving to and tell yous all about it?

It would be really cool if you could stop trying to stir up drama for no good reason.

Arthea

you can do whatever you want, just kindly stop posting about in the steam thread, as nobody cares about your avatar or you personal attacks or your vendetta. letitgo.gif

I don't really have the time, if anyone else want to do one, they should feel free to.

I would do this, but I have way too much work atm, maybe later this week if you still can't by then.

But it's fine for someone else to? OK.

no, it's not fine for anybody to do that in this thread, but nobody is doing it atm only you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom