• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

Not an overall improvement, but that's expected. Honestly I hope the performance is okay now. I stopped playing because I was having problems - and I now wait for all books to be released anyway.
Yeah, this seems like the perfect game against using Early Access. Entire engine change. I wouldn't be happy if i bought the game on EA and played everything when they released it.

Arthea

That wouldn't make any sense at all, and so far it only seems to affect only preorders activated with a VPN so its a bit early to panic.

as history of steam region locking goes we should be in full metal panic mode all the time, no, your optimism isn't founded at all!

Sane thing for me. Except I finally did it.

I should do it too, maybe next year finally, only I have so many RPGs and strategy games yet to play... so many

Durante

Not an overall improvement, but that's expected. Honestly I hope the performance is okay now. I stopped playing because I was having problems - and I now wait for all books to be released anyway.
Yeah, I'm most curious about the performance impact. In the initially released version performance was pretty bad.

Should have gone with UE4.

Ludens

Banned

Performances seem worse, at least by reading steam community hub (I know, I'm the only one reading community hub lol).

Does anyone know if Funstock Digital is a legit and trustworthy store? Fallout 4 is around 40€ on there when using voucher OCT-COUPMAIL-PRE25

Can we add Funstock Digital to the list in the OP? People have been asking about it a lot and I don't think that anyone has reported it to be a reseller or something like that.

I think that's where I bought Rocksmith 2014 for cheap and had no issues whatsoever.

Can we add Funstock Digital to the list in the OP? People have been asking about it a lot and I don't think that anyone has reported it to be a reseller or something like that.

Yeah, that would be cool. I saw it on ITAD but the colour is kinda purplish/blueish instead of the yellow/green I'm usually familiar with when it comes to legit stores. So it confused me a little.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys is it OK if I change my avatar to an actress that's in her early teens and follow her career movie to movie, TV appearances, where she's moving to and tell yous all about it?

I don't think it's wise to keep stirring the pot, especially given I've already asked you to give it a rest.

tuxfool

Banned
One of these days I'll be able to tell the difference. Then again, I probably need glasses (I jokingly put on my sister's glasses during a movie, and instead of everything becoming blurry, it became crystal-clear.) For now, though, it's just "pick an anti-alias and go with it."

Hmm. without a hint of snark, I would say go see an optometrist.

tuxfool

Banned
Yeah, I'm most curious about the performance impact. In the initially released version performance was pretty bad.

I don't think UE4 had such friendly licensing agreements when they started development.

I am somewhat interested, I couldn't go past episode 2 because SSAO would freak out and turn my screen black after walking a few paces.

#JustUnityProblems

Tektonic

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

enclave -- MB-0DBD25EC75006C4D - Taken by crazyrabbits
Pahelika Secret Legends -- MB-4630DD3BA958AE8F - Taken by dave is ok
iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-446B1BBF3F1767E0 - Taken by aw350
avencast: rise of the mage -- MB-17630A6F730A518D - Taken by Henry Swanson

He did it to make fun of others who changed their avatar in support.

Incorrect. I changed my avatar before they even changed theirs or suggested changing theirs in support. Please stop stirring the pot. I changed my avatar as a joke, it's a Luchador mask on that actress you like. As someone mentioned it was 'meta'.
This is the last I'm saying on the matter in public, please discuss this in PMs from now on.

Every time I turn around there's drama in this thread :\

Did anyone mention this new Kickstarter yet? HATOFUL BOYFRIEND OFFICIAL PLUSH PROJECT! I know there are a few fans of the game here.

In other Kickstarter news, the Battletech Kickstarter has crossed 2.7 million dollars with about 6 hours left. All stretch goals have been unlocked. Another very well run campaign by Harebrained studios.

The Muv-Luv Kickstarter also has 6 hours left and is about to hit 1.2 million dollars (a new record for a VN). Great campaign by them too. I only backed it for $1 though because this is an expensive month. Hopefully I'll have money to upgrade the pledge through Backerkit when things settle down a bit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Incorrect. I changed my avatar before they even changed theirs or suggested changing theirs in support. Please stop stirring the pot. I changed my avatar as a joke, it's a Luchador mask on that actress you like. As someone mentioned it was 'meta'.
This is the last I'm saying on the matter in public, please discuss this in PMs from now on.

Don't worry, my response to your PM already covers what I'd say.

Arthea

seriously guys, can you drop all avatar thingie already?

Now I'm just confused.

Should I cancel any Nuuvem pre orders I have or not? :/

it's your risk to take, you understand that nobody knows the future. We can't even take educated guesses because of how extensive region locking became and that it's possible to lock retroactively too.

Durante

seriously guys, can you drop all avatar thingie already?
Yeah, I swear I'll put everyone still talking about other people's avatars (or any related topic) on the next page on ignore. Hell, make that talking about other posters in general.

Will also make the thread much easier to follow! :p

Mivey

Every time I think I should reduce my Unity trolling something like this happens.
The current beta is in no form to be compared anyway. Many effects are not implemented or in a totally botched form, which would effect performance of the final port (though likely only make it worse, I guess) Especially the PBR is totally a work in progress.

Is the occlusion culling in Unity 5 better than in Unity 4? I thought that was one of the main reasons Unity had problems with larger environments.

Durante

The current beta is in no form to be compared anyway. Many effects are either not implemented. Especially the PBR is totally a work in progress.

Is the Culling in Unity 5 better than in Unity 4? I thought that was one of the main reasons Unity had problems with larger environments.
I still partially blame C#.

tjt37.jpg

FloatOn

wow what the hell

reading up on the past few pages and all the salt.

let me just say, I'm not particularly fond of cute anime or saorice (though I did like her in grand budapest!) but it's a super dick move to suggest what people can and can not talk about.

if you don't like the conversation steer it in another direction by bringing something else up. if it doesn't stick you are probably not very interesting.

Arthea

Every time I turn around there's drama in this thread :\

Did anyone mention this new Kickstarter yet? HATOFUL BOYFRIEND OFFICIAL PLUSH PROJECT! I know there are a few fans of the game here.

In other Kickstarter news, the Battletech Kickstarter has crossed 2.7 million dollars with about 6 hours left. All stretch goals have been unlocked. Another very well run campaign by Harebrained studios.

The Muv-Luv Kickstarter also has 6 hours left and is about to hit 1.2 million dollars (a new record for a VN). Great campaign by them too. I only backed it for $1 though because this is an expensive month. Hopefully I'll have money to upgrade the pledge through Backerkit when things settle down a bit.

Talking about kickstarter projects, it looks like Valthirian Arc: Red Covenant not going to make it as I thought, it's a damn shame, as a game looks interesting, presentation is great and it is already greenlit.

i have $7.36 in my steam wallet and 69 card drops remaining ..

any suggestion for spending it?

I would hold onto it for a winter sale, it's quite close and I somehow doubt that you don't have what to play in the meantime.

tuxfool

Banned
XNA seems to perform well.
Also, isn't UE4 also C# based?

No. UE4 is pure C++. It does have a built in scripting language called Blueprint, which allows non-technical people to fiddle (I think it is pretty neat).

The Unity core also is C++, it is just that the API exposed to developers is mono/C#

Grief.exe

Every time I turn around there's drama in this thread :

I hope Indivisible gets funded.

But this thread is a delight compared to the H5 and F4 hating that's going on in gaming right now.

Bethesda games are generally those games that are a sum of their parts. Put everything into a pot, a miracle occurs, then 9.8/10 on IGN.

Criticizing the individual parts is what brings out the mediocrity, which is what is happening right now as people don't have the entire package to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom