• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Despite liking MGSV. MGS has been in the gutter. Aside from the typical Konami fuckery, I'm interested in seeing a title without Kojima. It was apparent he needed a break story wise from the series a few games back.

GaussTek

Obviously not a pachinko, so my body is ready for the Metal Gear version of this gem:

CS0pU1YUYAAO9aT.png

Tizoc

So my Steam goty 2015 list consists of
Adv. of Pip
Contradiction
Life is Strange
TF Devastation
Ori
Tales from BLands
Armikrog

Think we should go for 10 games this year instead of the usual 5?

Obviously not a pachinko, so my body is ready for the Metal Gear version of this gem:

CS0pU1YUYAAO9aT.png

Did you even play this game?

Adv. of Pip
Contradiction
Life is Strange
TF Devastation
Ori
Tales from BLands
Armikrog

I'm not sure I completed 10 games this year. And that would mean putting MGS5 and AK on the list.

Ew.

Buraindo

mine is setup the same way only my intake is on the front

Same here, been fine so far.
-

I finished Resident Evil: Revelations. It's okay. Lots of bullet sponges, backtracking (it's not bad), a really, really annoying character, dumb twists and plenty of bad dialogue.
The gameplay's okay and the graphics are serviceable all things considered.
As I said, I think it's okay.

Well, someone thinks he's clever.
You want a cookie?

Out of context, sure it applies, but you and I both know there's a difference when context is applied.

Thanks a lot for the explanation - and thanks to you, Fish, too.

I will leave IdleMaster in default mode, I am not in a hurry to get cards right now and what you say above about some warmup time (I didn't know about the initial 2 hours being special) makes sense. The games are mostly untouched, IdleMaster touches them for the first time. I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong, it helps knowing that what I am seeing is probably expected.

It all depends on whether or not your games are going to not start dropping cards until they've been idled for at least two hours.
Nobody is 100% sure what may be the cause of the differences, but lately some people have been seeing cards drop prior to 2 hours elapsing in game. The theory is that people who have not used the refund system may not be subject to the 2 hour window (since 2 hours of playtime is the cutoff time for asking for a refund, if you were unaware).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Adv. of Pip
Contradiction
Life is Strange
TF Devastation
Ori
Tales from BLands
Armikrog

While I agree there have been some absolutely fantastic games released this year, allowing 10 games per submission means we'll have a larger pool of games represented. In years past, we've already had over 150 different games chosen and this number could essentially double if we allowed twice as many entries per person. This would also further dilute the results of the top 10, so I'm inclined to simply say you'll have to choose your 5 favorites and go with those.

Ahoy guys, long time no speedrunning!

In honor of our kind Corrosivefrost, the man who hates all games but speedrunners and KF2, I will set up a Speedrunners game this evening that Corrosivefrost obviously will not join. It was my birthday yesterday, so I need to take a moment remember my former self, through playing!

I embarrased myself during the Alienware stream, so I guess I'm gonna embarass myself again. So it shouldn't be too hard to win, random shit games will be gifted to winners!

Speedrunners!

1. DunderHassan
2. dot

t1446580800z0.png

PM me to join, so we don't clutter up the thread.
Yes, it's a troll list for now, gotta look good!

What do you guys title your ModBot PM's as when entering giveaways?

I usually stick with lollllll, hiiiiiii, wiiiiiiiin, why don't you love me?

Just use the code+game name so that you can better keep track of what you've already entered for or won.

Reminds me that I need to buy something for a giveaway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any impressions on the new currencies that were suppossed to be added today? are theprices better, worse, the same ?

They won't go live for another 1.5 hours. Expect price mistakes!

1. DunderHassan
2. corrosivefrost
3. lashman
4. jshackles
5. JaseC
6. Jawmuncher
7. ModBot
ModBot is going down!
Sorry I'll be at work while this is going on.

Tizoc

Armikrog got good reception from PnCGAF and in its OT.
Yes it has a bunch of issues but by now they're cleared up and the game is quite good puzzle wise. I suggest picking it up once its goes on sale if you like PnC games.
The core game is good and fine, its just the UI was very lacking.

While I agree there have been some absolutely fantastic games released this year, allowing 10 games per submission means we'll have a larger pool of games represented. In years past, we've already had over 150 different games chosen and this number could essentially double if we allowed twice as many entries per person. This would also further dilute the results of the top 10, so I'm inclined to simply say you'll have to choose your 5 favorites and go with those.

That's cool, I think I've already decided on my top 5 anyways :D

jshackles

Do we have SteamGAF members at the ready in the countries with the new currencies so we can capitalize on said mistakes?! :D

Good question! We've had a few people pop in saying they got the currency change email, so hopefully!

In honor of our kind Corrosivefrost, the man who hates all games except for speedrunners and KF2, I will set up a Speedrunners game this evening that Corrosivefrost obviously will not join. It was my birthday yesterday, so I need to take a moment remember my former self, through playing!

I embarrased myself during the Alienware stream, so I guess I'm gonna embarass myself again. So it shouldn't be too hard to win, random shit games will be gifted to winners!

Speedrunners!

1. DunderHassan
2. corrosivefrost
3. lashman
4. jshackles
5. JaseC
6. Jawmuncher
7. ModBot

t1446580800z0.png

Happy late birthday :)

By the way, you didn't embarrass yourself during the AW stream, I'm not sure if the other guy was playing fair.

Sarcasm

Humm my steam client is set to US though. So I probably won't even get the email or see the prices heh.

Ugh. I thought Dragon Fin Soup launched today... and it does. But not for another 8 hours.

Really fluid looking Rogue that takes place on the back of a giant space turtle.

Can't wait to try it.

Can't wait to have this on my vita!

Phinor

Yep, they are definitely selling grey market keys. Lack of Nuketown pretty much confirmed that already but now they are doing something Activision wouldn't approve at all. If GMG remains legal at Neogaf, I don't think we need to have a ban on other region exploiting sites anymore either (not that the ban seems to be in effect, I see links to cd-key sites daily here in random threads).

Ps. the game has better price at other cd-key sites and includes Nuketown as well.

In honor of our kind Corrosivefrost, the man who hates all games but speedrunners and KF2, I will set up a Speedrunners game this evening that Corrosivefrost obviously will not join. It was my birthday yesterday, so I need to take a moment remember my former self, through playing!

Speedrunners!

1. DunderHassan
2. corrosivefrost
3. lashman
4. jshackles
5. JaseC
6. Jawmuncher
7. ModBot

t1446580800z0.png

Happy belated birthday~

Pretty sure you were rusty, but that intelligentz guy was good too

Happy late birthday :)

By the way, you didn't embarrass yourself during the AW stream, I'm not sure if the other guy was playing fair.

Thanks! :)
What do you mean? I can't remember anything happening that wasn't fair and we played a classic map. I was really really bad on it nonetheless, I used to know that map inside out but I had trouble with the timing and all.

Happy belated birthday~

Pretty sure you were rusty, but that intelligentz guy was good too

Thanks! And yes, he was.

Grief.exe

Well, wasn't Microsoft's service also encrypted but they had to make backdoors/give encryption method to NSA?

Currently, American companies are getting bent over in the EU by the NSA. They are arguing that since the data is held by an American company, the NSA should have complete access. Some are trying to fight it, but I doubt it will end well.

This company is based in Sweden, the Government there has been proven not to hand data to the NSA. The data on the servers is also completely encrypted, with the key stored locally by the user. The only way to access the data is locally. So even if the servers are confiscated or hacked, they won't be able to decrypt the data.

GMG is doing shady things lately. I still remember that Mad Max 50% off on launch. But they also sell Sniper Elite 3, so there were legit until something (maybe) happened.

Mad Max was heavily discounted by WB, they were aggressively pricing the game to drive up sales prior to launch.

Ludens

Banned
Also Anno is 41% off which is a pretty decent discount for it's LAUNCH DAY
It's not a Steam Key though

GMG is doing shady things lately. I still remember that Mad Max 50% off on launch. But they also sell Sniper Elite 3, so there were legit until something (maybe) happened.

Thanks! :)
What do you mean? I can't remember anything happening that wasn't fair and we played a classic map. I was really really bad on it nonetheless, I used to know that map inside out but I had trouble with the timing and all.

Well, I don't remember who said it, but I think that some of the guys in the AW channel investigated a bit and it seemed like the guy who won cheated. He disappeared, anyway. We've been trying to get a rematch but with all the stuff going on in the channel I doubt that'll happen any time soon (Lenard's got tons of meetings and stuff to do)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Yeah, all that stuff seems really...weird.
Also, I would be furious if I bought Anno on GMG, don't receive a key in time and then they discount the game. Although maybe if you pre-ordered it you got some money back, I don't know.

I'm still angry I can't buy Blops 3 for 40 though, now I have to wait for 4 years until Acti decides to discount it.

I know it's supposed to be legit, but Funstock's website just doesn't look it at all =/

I'm going to asume you are not talking about Funstock.com/

I'm not sure I completed 10 games this year. And that would mean putting MGS5 and AK on the list.

Ew.

I just checked and only 9 games I've completed (of 91) are even eligible.

Current top 5:
Hotline Miami 2
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Mortal Kombat X
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood*
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Honorable mention:
Ori and the Blind Forest
Velocity 2x*
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Broken Age*

Well, I don't remember who said it, but I think that some of the guys in the AW channel investigated a bit and it seemed like the guy who won cheated. He disappeared, anyway. We've been trying to get a rematch but with all the stuff going on in the channel I doubt that'll happen any time soon (Lenard's got tons of meetings and stuff to do)

Wow that's crazy, thanks for bringing that to light.
I'm still ashamed of how bad i played though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom