• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
ebCLZoJ.png

My Rarest Achievements Showcase is now a lot of Neptunia girls and a jail. Wonder what that means.

You deserve it.

Ludens

Banned
My GOTY until now is:

-Witcher 3
-Metal Gear Solid 5
-Life is Strange
-Tales from the Borderlands
-Pillars of Eternity

Parsnip

It's too early to start talking about GOTY lists. The obvious GOTY candidate isn't even out on PC yet.

Yes, I'm talking about Assassin's Creed.

Does anyone know if there are any consequences for using Steam refunds "too much?" I've been using it quite a bit lately as a method for trying out games I'm not sure about, and I have no idea if there are any limits I should worry about running up against.

dex3108

Batman Arkham Knight Story at 90% i guess i should finish it now and then watch complete ending on YT because i won't do Riddler stuff for months XD

It's too early to start talking about GOTY lists. The obvious GOTY candidate isn't even out on PC yet.

Yes, I'm talking about Assassin's Creed.

I realized in looking back at my list of beaten games this year that it kind of sucks that the qualification is "games released in 2015 on Steam..." as some games were released late last year (a lot of my games beaten this year are November 2014 releases) and being able to play and vote for them in the GOTY poll would've been something I'd had to have rushed if I was trying to do it.

It sucks, but that's the way it is, I guess. :\

Does anyone know if there are any consequences for using Steam refunds "too much?" I've been using it quite a bit lately as a method for trying out games I'm not sure about, and I have no idea if there are any limits I should worry about running up against.

This sounds like one of those "this is why we can't have nice things" posts.
Unsure if it's confirmed, but there was talk about getting "blacklisted" from the refund program if you were found to be "abusing" it.

Again, not sure if anything concrete about this is out there... but I recall something along these lines being talked about when the refund system was introduced.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Something weird happened to me earlier. I had Idlemaster running 17 games at the same time to get past the old 2 hour restriction and my 1 year old son decided to hit the power button on my PC and shut it off.

When I turned it back on, I had one card from each game that was idling - even though I only had 0.2 hours in each of them or whatever.

Sch1sm

I think these are the only titles I've played that are eligible this year so far:

Life Is Strange
Contradiction
Ori + The Blind Forest
Dark Souls 2: SotFS
Her Story
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Tales from Borderlands

I promised myself I wouldn't buy games I won't play immediately, and then I ended up buying barely anything.

Durante

It's too early to start talking about GOTY lists.
I don't think the top 6 in my GotY list will change before the end.

1) Pillars of Eternity
2) Shadowrun: Hong Kong
3) Ori and the Blind Forest
4) Cities: Skylines
5) Contradiction
6) The Age of Decadence

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Technically you can be blacklisted from receiving refunds in any case, however as long as your reasons are fair you've nothing to worry about. The feature isn't supposed to be used as a method of trialing games, though, so I'd refrain from "demoing" titles that don't interest you much.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So far for me it would be
1) Pillars of Eternity
2) Witcher 3
3) Dying Light (I REALLY like that game)
4) Grow Home
5) Undertale

And I honestly think Just Cause 3 is the only game left with a chance to slip in.

Something weird happened to me earlier. I had Idlemaster running 17 games at the same time to get past the old 2 hour restriction and my 1 year old son decided to hit the power button on my PC and shut it off.

When I turned it back on, I had one card from each game that was idling - even though I only had 0.2 hours in each of them or whatever.

Then you may be in the "group" where the 2 hour limit does not apply (see my earlier posts explaining this to another poster in the last few pages).

Try changing your idlemaster preferences to "idle each game individually".
If you get card drops before the 2 hours are up, leave it that way.

I think these are the only titles I've played that are eligible this year so far:

Life Is Strange
Contradiction
Ori + The Blind Forest
Dark Souls 2: SotFS
Her Story
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Tales from Borderlands

I promised myself I wouldn't buy games I won't play immediately, and then I ended up buying barely anything.

Hmmm, Crypt of the Necrodancer counts? I guess because it "came out of EA" this year? I've been playing it much longer than that.

Suggestion for Jshackles: Can we get a list of games that are 2014 releases that may qualify for voting because of the episodic rules or leaving early access this year?

Dont forget Rocket League...

Already forgotten.

Nzyme32

I don't think the top 6 in my GotY list will change before the end.

1) Pillars of Eternity
2) Shadowrun: Hong Kong
3) Ori and the Blind Forest
4) Cities: Skylines
5) Contradiction
6) The Age of Decadence

I can't play Ori and the Blind Forest because after a few minutes of play, it switches to running upside down and back to front

B1DCCC998DC7D3EF465AF1319C551FB2D98650CF

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I realized in looking back at my list of beaten games this year that it kind of sucks that the qualification is "games released in 2015 on Steam..." as some games were released late last year (a lot of my games beaten this year are November 2014 releases) and being able to play and vote for them in the GOTY poll would've been something I'd had to have rushed if I was trying to do it.

It sucks, but that's the way it is, I guess. :\

For what it's worth, this year I'm adding an optional "What's your favorite Steam game you've played this year, regardless of the year it was released?" vote to the GOTY poll.

The answers won't be included in the official results but will be used to compile a different list of "games we played this year and really liked".

Durante

So far for me it would be
1) Pillars of Eternity
2) Witcher 3
3) Dying Light (I REALLY like that game)
4) Grow Home
5) Undertale

And I honestly think Just Cause 3 is the only game left with a chance to slip in.
I forgot about Witcher 3 since I made my list by going backwards through my Steam recently played list, and I have it on GoG. Probably slips in after Ori or Cities in my list.

I can't play Ori and the Blind Forest because after a few minutes of play, it switches to running upside down and back to front
#Unity

Jawmuncher

The wait begins but at least I know she's in 100% now.

Ahoy guys, long time no speedrunning!

In honor of our kind Corrosivefrost, the man who hates all games but speedrunners and KF2, I will set up a Speedrunners game this evening that Corrosivefrost obviously will not join. It was my birthday yesterday, so I need to take a moment remember my former self, through playing!

I embarrased myself during the Alienware stream, so I guess I'm gonna embarass myself again. So it shouldn't be too hard to win, random shit games will be gifted to winners!

Speedrunners!

1. DunderHassan
2. corrosivefrost
3. lashman
4. jshackles
5. JaseC
6. Jawmuncher
7. ModBot

t1446580800z0.png

PM me to join, so we don't clutter up the thread.
Yes, it's a troll list for now, gotta look good!

I'd love to play actually but sadly I will still be at work during that time.

Technically you can be blacklisted from receiving refunds in any case, however as long as your reasons are fair you've nothing to worry about. The feature isn't supposed to be used as a method of trialing games, though, so I'd refrain from "demoing" titles that don't interest you much.

Exactly.
Or, y'know, try a demo.
Or if there is no demo, check out a let's play or something.

That's what he'll be doing if they do blacklist him though. :lol

I've played it, but it's not in my GOTY list :p

I like you. Now stop cluttering my activity feed up!

If Rocket League isn't on your GOTY list, you haven't played Rocket League

I played enough to know I don't get it and never will.

The wait begins but at least I know she's in 100% now.

I'd love to play actually but sadly I will still be at work during that time.

Start saving up your fight money!
I'm saddened by the lack of Cody still. :\

chronomac

I need to finish Ori and Arkham Knight but I actually think both will make the list (especially now that I can run the latter at a solid framerate). Rocket League and Grow Home will both be on there for sure.

Sch1sm

Then you may be in the "group" where the 2 hour limit does not apply (see my earlier posts explaining this to another poster in the last few pages).

Try changing your idlemaster preferences to "idle each game individually".
If you get card drops before the 2 hours are up, leave it that way.

Hmmm, Crypt of the Necrodancer counts? I guess because it "came out of EA" this year? I've been playing it much longer than that.

Suggestion for Jshackles: Can we get a list of games that are 2014 releases that may qualify for voting because of the episodic rules or leaving early access this year?

I believe it should, at least. I didn't buy/play it in EA, though, so I have that bias.

Become Spiderman.

Mivey

Put the monitor in front of a miror and turn it around.
Or alternatively, you could strap yourself to your chair, fix your chair on a rope and let it hang from the ceiling, while looking through a mirror. Would also help with blood circulation, at least in your head and upper torso.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Rocket League is sensational, a clear GOTY candidate for me

Just turn around your monitor.
Or alternatively, you could strap yourself to your chair, fix your chair on a rope and let it hang from the ceiling. Would also help with blood circulation, at least in your head and upper torso.

Get an inversion table.
Good for your spine and you can play Ori while you're "decompressing". ;)

Side note: I really need to play some more 2015 games because I really don't feel like putting Ori in my top 5. :p

Parsnip

I can't even remember what games released last month let alone this year.
Just going to have to load up Steam release list and go through it at some point. It's actually pretty easy with ES infinite scrolling and owned games highlight (Steam's own highlight is rather easy to miss when you scroll).
I'm going to start compiling a list sometime in December I think.

That's amusing.
I actually remember when I was looking to find hudless hash for Republique's Unity 5 build, that almost all of the dumped images were upside down, only to be flipped at the very last second. It was curious and I wondered if that's common.

r3n4ud

Have any of you folks played Crystal Panic? I've been stuck in the
Stone Caverns
area for quite some time :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Retroarch added preliminary support for Retro Achievements in the newer nightly build.

I guess that's of some interest for some folks here.

That's amazing news! I'm glad they're consolidating on a single platform, and I'm equally happy that it's a platform I already use. Cheers for this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Second time's the charm.

blops3preload3eld6.jpg

The game's install size is surprisingly small (less than 21GB).

Ahoy guys, long time no speedrunning!

In honor of our kind Corrosivefrost, the man who hates all games but speedrunners and KF2, I will set up a Speedrunners game this evening that Corrosivefrost obviously will not join. It was my birthday yesterday, so I need to take a moment remember my former self, through playing!
Happy belated birthday dunder.
I miss the old Russian days :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom