• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems that the rest of the content will be delivered as DLC (hopefully this time it'll work, unlike the stuff that happened with Mortal Kombat X)

The DLC is set to preloadonly, too, though, so I would think it's included in the install size, although that being said I've no idea if Steam actually supports the pre-loading of DLC.

dot

maybe the match with dot got you shook?

Well, it's not like i played good that game either haha.
But yeah, that was crazy intense.

:OOO

Well, I don't remember who said it, but I think that some of the guys in the AW channel investigated a bit and it seemed like the guy who won cheated. He disappeared, anyway. We've been trying to get a rematch but with all the stuff going on in the channel I doubt that'll happen any time soon (Lenard's got tons of meetings and stuff to do)

Yeah, didn't he and the other guy have VAC bans and were mutual friends or something? That whole thing always bugged me.

The DLC is set to preloadonly, too, though, so I would think it's included in the install size, although that being said I've no idea if Steam actually supports the pre-loading of DLC.

Hopefully it's gonna be like that. I got it from GMG, so I won't be able to download it until the release day. Downloading 21gb instead of 40-50 would be great :)

:OOO

Yeah, didn't he and the other guy have VAC bans and were mutual friends or something? That whole thing always bugged me.

Yep, I heard that too.

Retroarch added preliminary support for Retro Achievements in the newer nightly build.

I guess that's of some interest for some folks here.

Haven't been on Retro Achievements in ages. Joined a few months in, was top of the leaderboard for months, even added some of the achievements (Double Dragon II on Game Boy amongst others). Good to see they're still going. Even still using the Mega Drive logo my friend made for them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Funstock is legit right? And the copy (Black Ops 3) also isn't region locked or anything for me (Austria)?

Yes, but you'll likely find that you need to use a VPN to activate the key. From the ROW pre-purchase store/key sub:

This package can NOT be purchased in specified countries

Russian Federation, Belarus, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Germany, Austria, China, Cuba, Iraq, Islamic Republic of Iran, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Libya, Myanmar, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Japan

I don't think the top 6 in my GotY list will change before the end.

1) Pillars of Eternity
2) Shadowrun: Hong Kong
3) Ori and the Blind Forest
4) Cities: Skylines
5) Contradiction
6) The Age of Decadence

I see a lot of lukewarm opinions of Pillars and its made me hesitate to pick it up. What makes it stand out to you so much? Is it nostalgia that elevates it for you or is it nostalgia that's making other people judge it so harshly relative to Baldur's Gate II?

Backlogger

I see a little of lukewarm opinions of Pillars and its made me hesitate to pick it up. What makes it stand out to you so much? Is it nostalgia that elevates it for you or is it nostalgia that's making other people judge it so harshly relative to Baldur's Gate II?

I honestly didn't like the game play. The story is pretty good though but I have been having a hard time playing it because the combat feels way too micro managy. I am a somewhat casual gamer though so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Edit: And I just pre-purchased Fallout 4, so that tells you where my gaming tastes are ;)

Dr.Acula

Banned
Bewtween finishing up TW3, and my backlog of D:OS:EE, SR:HK, and PoE, I'll be voting for GotY in March. I'm just glad I beat WL2 when it came out.

aw350

Banned
The good news is that after it's done with the 2 hour idling time for each game, you should start getting cards like mad once it starts idling them individually. If it's been running for 14 hours straight that means you have at least 210 games that are eligible for card drops - meaning that if you're in the group that needs at least 2 hours (it sounds like you are) then those 14 hours have already saved you 420 hours vs. idling games individually.

Got it. And it started working like that - turns out I lost connection right after the last batch of 30, as soon as I restarted and it went to idle individually, I got the first card (within 15 minutes). I am a happy camper. :)

Nobody is 100% sure what may be the cause of the differences, but lately some people have been seeing cards drop prior to 2 hours elapsing in game. The theory is that people who have not used the refund system may not be subject to the 2 hour window (since 2 hours of playtime is the cutoff time for asking for a refund, if you were unaware).

In this case I might add a data point - I never used refunds, and I haven't seen a single drop before 2 hours, with about 200 games idling for the first time.

vermadas

For Steam only...

1. Rocket League
2. Ori and the Blind Forest
3. The Witcher 3
4. Infinifactory

Undertale, Dirt Rally, and Fallout 4 might get spots if I have a chance to put enough time into them. The rest of my time this year was spent in console land.

Dsyndrome

Right now, my GOTY list is:

1) Witcher 3
2) Pillars of Eternity
3) King's Quest
4) Stasis
5) Clicker Heroes

After thinking about it, LiS didn't grab me overall like I thought it would, especially with its binary ending. Enjoyed it, but I'd probably put Wolf Among Us above it.

Fallout 4 may creep up there and dethrone something, will see next week I guess.

Salsa

Fallout 4 looks awful

yet im in a mood where I could really use it right now. Like just a lesser new vegas

ehhhhhhh

that damn expensive brazilian price

Sober

Fallout 4 looks awful

yet im in a mood where I could really use it right now. Like just a lesser new vegas

ehhhhhhh

Do people really care that much about FO4's graphics? I just assume most people will just be glad they have a new Bethesda game to fuck around in like they have been for the past decade.

Do people really care that much about FO4's graphics? I just assume most people will just be glad they have a new Bethesda game to fuck around in like they have been for the past decade.

this is me pretty much. PC mods will improve that in time so im not super worried out of the gate

Backlogger

Mad Max is the only 2015 game I've completed thus far, so it wins by default.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I really want to like Batman AK but the technical issues make that impossible. The only other games I have that qualify are Rocket League which will definitely make the list and Pillars which I am just not sure about. It might be the last on the list if I include it.

I pre-ordered Fallout 4 which I hope will be my #1 but we will see.

Last year I didn't vote at all because I didn't purchase any games last year that came out last year.

Edit: Whoops! I forgot D:OS EE! That qualifies right? I've only played it for a few minutes though. Work and life have just been to crazy lately so haven't been able to sink my teeth in yet.

Salsa

not at all. I think it looks awful from what they showed. im not talking about graphics

the awful new dialogue wheel, the setting being basically Fallout 3, the lack of Obsidian, the Minecraft-like minigame, the focus on the power armor..

I just know what it is and what is gonna be. hoping to be disappointed but this is Bethesda takin hella ownership and it just looks like Elder Scrolls: The Wasteland rather than a Fallout game

I loved New Vegas but the reasons why just arent here

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What do you guys title your ModBot PM's as when entering giveaways?

I usually stick with lollllll, hiiiiiii, wiiiiiiiin, why don't you love me?

every so often when i'm debugging i login to check modbot's pms and most people seem to use either copy-pastes of the game name/modbot code, random stuff like hi, fart, lol, giev gam plz, etc... but a few people write ... uh... detailed and oddly personal stuff to ModBot. I'm not judging. Love is love.

Sch1sm

What do you guys title your ModBot PM's as when entering giveaways?

I usually stick with lollllll, hiiiiiii, wiiiiiiiin, why don't you love me?

The title of the game, usually. If not that, "it's a mysterrrryyyyy," or absolute spam.

not at all. I think it looks awful from what they showed. im not talking about graphics

the awful new dialogue wheel, the setting being basically Fallout 3, the lack of Obsidian, the Minecraft-like minigame, the focus on the power armor..

I just know what it is and what is gonna be. hoping to be disappointed but this is Bethesda takin hella ownership and it just looks like Elder Scrolls: The Wasteland rather than a Fallout game

I loved New Vegas but the reasons why just arent here

All these words are just... don't buy it.

Dr Dogg

I was intrigued by that Epic game until looking at their site. 'Unlock a new hero each week' it's a flipping MOBA isn't it.

every so often when i'm debugging i login to check modbot's pms and most people seem to use either copy-pastes of the game name/modbot code, random stuff like hi, fart, lol, giev gam plz, etc... but a few people write ... uh... detailed and oddly personal stuff to ModBot. I'm not judging. Love is love.

Oh what I'd give to see an anonymous list of ModBot PM titles. For science of course.

I'm currently downloading both Oblivion and Morrowind. I hope Morroblivion doesn't cause me problems.

Also is Double Dragon Neon worth with no co-op partner?
thinking.gif

Uzzy

You know what the best thing about looking at a house is? When the Landlord doesn't show up, call or answer their phone, meaning you get to stand in the cold for half an hour instead of being warm at home and installing your shiny new 980TI.

Awesome stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So Patreon made a change to their payout system that now requires I give them my tax information in order to receive any further payments from supporters. It sucks because I take this money every month and turn it over directly to my hosting company for server costs. Now Uncle Sam wants a piece of that action, and I'm going to end up paying 30% or so of what I've received this year on next year's taxes.

Kind of a shitty thing to spring on someone in November, honestly.

Tizoc

I'm currently downloading both Oblivion and Morrowind. I hope Morroblivion doesn't cause me problems.

Also is Double Dragon Neon worth with no co-op partner?
thinking.gif

Yes it is.
What you never played beat'em-ups solo at arcades before? Come on kids~

I use variations of "mmm". I'm too lazy to bother with anything else.

I also sent you a friend request on Steam, BTW.

Kyougar

1) Pillars of Eternity
5) Contradiction
6) The Age of Decadence

Hey Durante, are you doing a RPG upcoming 2016 List again? I found the 2014 list very helpfull.

Khronico

Fallout 4 looks awful

ehhhhhhh

On the bright side, it'll probably
hopefully
run well on modest systems considering how it looks.

Monooboe

Any new 25% voucher for FunStock? Thinking about getting BLOPS3. That game was completely off my radar but getting little hyped.:D

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's too early to start talking about GOTY lists. The obvious GOTY candidate isn't even out on PC yet.

Yes, I'm talking about Assassin's Creed.

Depending on whether or not two of the following will count*, mine so far (only including PC games) is:

1. Pillars of Eternity
2*. Divinity: Original Sin: Enhanced Edition (so far, still not finished with it yet)
3. Shadowrun: Hong Kong
4. Evoland 2
5*. Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
6. Oceanhorn
7. Unium

Plus there are still some games that I need to play/buy, so it's been a pretty good year for PC games, all things considered. I'm also glad to see Pillars so high up on some of the other lists already posted.

Aaron D.

Yeah, it's been baffling to me as well.

Someone in one of the Fallout 4 topics in Gaming termed it, "a swirling vortex of gleeful negativity".

Seemed pretty apt., considering the nitpick nature of the graphic complaints or the suggestions that Bethesda are nothing but hacks 'cause the game doesn't look as good as Witcher 3 or something.

So strange.

1) Pillars of Eternity
5) Contradiction
6) The Age of Decadence

This is a thing now.

1. The Witcher 3
2. Ori and The Blind Forest
3. Pillars of Eternity
4. Grand Theft Auto 5
5. Grow Home
6. Rocket League

I suspect Fallout 4 will find a place on this list.

Salsa

oh man when I said "Fallout 4 with that ridiculous brazilian price" I actually misremembered it as like $40 or something

the brazilian price is actually $60

that's unheard of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom