• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Wait, what is this? Some Enhanced Version or something? I still haven't played Chapter 2 of Dreamfall. Should I wait now? Is this out? When will it be out?

They are porting the game in Unity 5. Yes, just wait, even because the new episode will be in Unity 5 too. I think you can subscribe to the beta, but it seems it's not very stable yet and very...betaish, so I'd wait.

Speaking of avatars, I need to change mine. When I picked this, I forgot someone else was already using Max Headroom, through a younger version.

Context is important.

You are comparing a AAA game from a massive studio to a $6 indie game made by, most likely, one guy.

The extreme irony being the building geometry is comparable.

Bethesda isn't a massive studio. They are barely over 100 people counting all non-developer support. A fraction of the size of most studios at Ubi, EA, 2K and Activision. Less than half of CD Project Red number of employees.

That said, Fallout 4 still looks great even for AAA. Also graphic glitches are hardly a Bethesda exclusive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB3QfNFihL8

seriously

this fo4 outrage is ridiculous

The happens with every single Bethesda game. All the way back to uunet groups and DaggerFall, people have been freaking out over minor blemishes and hiccups that they give passes to virtually every other game.

that sort of explains the really bad loading screens.

doesn't justify the shitty performance, that's all beth

It depends on the hardware. It runs great on my new iPhone 6, its terrible on my HTC One and iPad 3. Plus I don't know of another mobile game that does something similar to Fallout Shelter on mobile that performs better. Yeah, if it only runs on the latest hardware that is something they could control. They should have scaled back the game and made it run smoother.

That said, I've been playing the game for dozens of hours. I hope they or someone takes the concept and makes a deeper better game on the computer / consoles. The title "Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!" touches on similar concept as well. I miss quality management games like Dungeon Keeper and Evil Genius.

Grief.exe

After I beat Ori this will be the next game I play.

Looking forward to it!

I actually had more fun with it when I played through the game on NG+ as an ARPG, rather than tactical. Only going into tactical mode when I needed to dish out absurd damage.

It's cool how variable the combat can be depending on your skills.

I bought it again on iOS this year, just because. It was five bucks *shrug*.

Not on Android. Come on fam.

Tizoc

Armikrog. got updated
Patch details
http://steamcommunity.com/games/334120/announcements/detail/740074682356507901
  • Added custom context sensitive cursor
  • Fixed bug that allowed player to watch "Finding P" cinematic multiple times
  • Fixed bug where Beak Beak would only sit on buttons if facing right
  • Added visual feedback to puzzles that need to be unlocked
  • Fixed a variety of issues where Beak Beak could become stuck while flying
  • Other minor bug fixes
The custom cursor is the one thing this game needed most IMO, gonna play it for a bit now and progress.

Arthea

I actually had more fun with it when I played through the game on NG+ as an ARPG, rather than tactical. Only going into tactical mode when I needed to dish out absurd damage.

Not on Android. Come on fam.

wait a second, Transistor has NG+? that changes everything! what carries over?
I actually like a tactical aspect of it, a lot, I just need to get back to it and finish some day, I didn't know about ng+ stuff so I was trying to do everything possible in one run and that's why I finally got distracted by something shorter and less engaging.

That's what I did, amping up the difficulty through limiters because I'm a sucker for the grind of leveling.

I really, really like how Supergiant handles adjustable difficulty. The risk/reward with (mostly) quantifiable changes is so much more satisfying than just bumping up from Medium to Hard.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

PONCHO

2lL0SMC.jpg

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Insurgency -- MB-7A8405BB9C32CEF7 - Taken by 73V3N
Contagion #3 -- MB-8D7A84C3E55BCA73 - Taken by Corvo Jensen
Contagion #2 -- MB-3365ECBC5C1E6C30 - Taken by Kifimbo
Contagion #1 -- MB-8529310523E397CE - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Abyss Odyssey #2 -- MB-43BFCC93B4CC542E - Taken by creamsugar
Abyss Odyssey #1 -- MB-2E58ADDEB3849C43 - Taken by Saty
Contagion #4 -- MB-57641D0C53876A46 - Taken by Regginator
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-CF47D0DC169C87DF - Taken by du7y

Kyougar

Anybody know if GMG already sent Anno keys out? It unlocked in Steam 14 hours ago. my buddy bought a copy at GMG and didnt get the key yet.

Tizoc

Here ya go GAF, kindly don't treat it as a +1, and actually play it~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Caveman Craig -- MB-F82E81798576504E - Taken by gurm3n

Phinor

Anybody know if GMG already sent Anno keys out? It unlocked in Steam 14 hours ago. my buddy bought a copy at GMG and didnt get the key yet.

Four hours ago they mentioned on Twitter they haven't received keys yet. I wonder what their source for the keys is because (some?) other sites have received their keys already...

Grief.exe

Since we are technology-enthusiasts, here is a new email solution to keep your eyes on. Complete end-to-end encryption, data on servers is held fully encrypted, mobile app beta available now full release by end of the year.

https://protonmail.com/

wait a second, Transistor has NG+? that changes everything! what carries over?
I actually like a tactical aspect of it, a lot, I just need to get back to it and finish some day, I didn't know about ng+ stuff so I was trying to do everything possible in one run and that's why I finally got distracted by something shorter and less engaging.

All of the abilities carry over.

That's what I did, amping up the difficulty through limiters because I'm a sucker for the grind of leveling.

I really, really like how Supergiant handles adjustable difficulty. The risk/reward with (mostly) quantifiable changes is so much more satisfying than just bumping up from Medium to Hard.

Turned on all of the limiters, played it as an Action RPG, really fun.

If Supergiant hadn't trickled in the abilities I think the game would have gone over better. Your really can't experiment until you are 75% of the way through the game, and even then you don't get all of the abilities until the very end.

Better overall device performance and uniform resolution, I enjoy the exclusives and development priorities that came with those.

Better hardware, custom roms, overclocking, downsampling, feels good
to not be years behind the curve

How are we getting PC Fallout 4 stuff when it does not unlock for another week and there isnt any .exe available?
Wait, what is this? Some Enhanced Version or something? I still haven't played Chapter 2 of Dreamfall. Should I wait now? Is this out? When will it be out?
Im waiting for performance to be better.There is no reason why I have to put the game on low in 720p to get 60fps in the city with an i5 and 780 OC.
Speaking of avatars, I need to change mine. When I picked this, I forgot someone else was already using Max Headroom, through a younger version.

Just add a snazzy mustache to your avatar. Those things work wonders.

looks like Funstock Digital dropped the base price for Black Ops III to about $45 but they made the vouchers no longer work with the game...they still work with other games (like Fallout 4) but not with Black Ops III anymore

Knurek

Anyone else having problems with Vanishing of Ethan Carter? It starts using my system language (Polish), and despite changing to the god-intended English in options, it switches back to Polish each restart... :(

Arthea alert: DRM-free NEP-NEP

Dr Dogg

I'm sure that's a Polish Games Industry initiative to protect the Polish language like the French do with education and we do with our awful cuisine.

I wonder if they fixed the final boss fight that almost ruined the entire experience of the game before it. edit - to avoid being completely negative about the game, I'm sure it will look stunning in VR. It's a beautiful game to be sure.

The screens of Anno 2205 in the OT look so damn gorgeous. It's just that they seem to have left out or streamlined too many features from the previous games. That and the season pass seems to imply that they're going to DLC the shit out of the game. Can't decide whether to get it or not. And to boot it's one of those cases where my insistence on having the game on Steam will make me ignore the retail uplay version which is releasing here for about $15.

Construction on gas pipelines in front of my house, suddenly internet blacks out. Call service hotline, hear "there is no signal going to your house", fear the cables being physically destroyed. Two hours later, all works again. Phew, dodged a bullet there.
-
Oh nice, Jase is back again.
Gamebryo 4.0 (or whatever) feature comparison I just made:

1pX9Vpf.png
The settings are not in-game? That ought to be a hassle when trying to fine tune :/
Since we are technology-enthusiasts, here is a new email solution to keep your eyes on. Complete end-to-end encryption, data on servers is held fully encrypted, mobile app beta available now full release by end of the year.

https://protonmail.com/
Well, wasn't Microsoft's service also encrypted but they had to make backdoors/give encryption method to NSA?
Fallout 4 PC shots, Ultra settings, i7, 970

Barely better than the PS4 shots. At least the shadow distance is much better.
Much better IQ - which totally helps. Realize this is a bit more stylized and colorful compared to FO3. That is a good thing,

Arthea

Anyone else having problems with Vanishing of Ethan Carter? It starts using my system language (Polish), and despite changing to the god-intended English in options, it switches back to Polish each restart... :(

Arthea alert: DRM-free NEP-NEP

even if war never changes, gog is changing rapidly, I barely recognize it anymore.
no hard feelings tho, as I haven't played any gog game for months now.

Better hardware and performance? No.

not sure if serious

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition -- MB-C3CDB11CAA571AAF - Taken by Red Hood. 13 entrants total.

t1446605576z1.png

FloatOn

Good to know. I rarely do new game + for anything but it sounds like this game might be worth the time.

Parsnip

I saw some people talking about controllers earlier in the thread.
Happy to say that verkkokauppa.com sent my xbone wireless dongle today, despite Microsoft themselves still not having it on the Finnish xbox.com at all.

Yay.
Soon I can retire my old and trusty 360 controller for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom