• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Stop buying games and save up to buy a new card.
It's not rocket science (or league, for that matter). :lol

there's guys in the PC performance thread commenting that they got better performance on a 9600GT at 16x than a 690 at 8x and shit

id engine is super weird with bus speeds and all. I'll try to reinstall it on the SSD once im done with the witcher or something

Ethan Carter is much less of a walking simulator than I thought it was. I mean, it kinda is, but im doing shit.

If you think the graphics card is the problem, perhaps try this:

(1) remove the graphics card.
(2) reset your bios (either by jumping the appropriate pins, pressing the appropriate switch, or removing the battery for a bit).
(3) connect your display to the video out for the onboard graphics adapter.
(4) attempt to power on.

Explanation:
In theory, your i5-supporting motherboard should have an integrated video card. By doing the above, you will ensure that if your BIOS was set to have the integrated video card disabled (instead of set to AUTO), you will again reset it to factory defaults which will allow it to display.
If you cannot see the PC post, the problem is not your video card. If you can hear things coming online (fans or HDDs starting to spin, for example) but it immediately shuts off, it may be something with your motherboard/ram/psu.

Speedrunners!

1. DunderHassan
2. dot
3. corrosivefrost
4. Schnitzelfee

t1446580800z0.png

Come on guys, one more!

Edit: Ok we're starting, will stream at http://www.twitch.tv/dunderhassan/ in about 5-10 minutes.

rtcn63

Wait, does the computer turn on at all? It could have overheated, meaning likely the heatsink/cooler isn't making contact with the CPU proper.

Salsa

holy shit what

played 15 mins of Ethan Carther and I
chased down an Astronaut in a forest
and now im inside
some sort of alien spaceship

the fuck is this game

edit: this is rad

Hektor

holy shit what

and now im inside

the fuck is this game

I played 15 minutes of ethan carter, was surprised that nothing happened, looked up the internet and found out that i just straight up walked past the entire game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played 15 minutes of ethan carter, was surprised that nothing happened, looked up the internet and found out that i just straight up walked past the entire game.

I'm going in blind during my 24 live stream on Saturday, hope this doesn't happen to me.

holy shit what

and now im inside

the fuck is this game

edit: this is rad
This walking simulator is in a League of its own. I missed the Rocket part with my first playthrough.

Phawx

All of them. You can now pair up NVIDIA cards and AMD cards and have them work together.

Yea, I posted the link to the video XD

The only reason I asked was because Nvidia cards have a way better resale value than AMD cards. Especially after the bitcoin mining thing.

Edit: What I meant to ask was why do you feel the used GPU market will be *more* scarce? If we are talking about all cards.

I want to know if my onboard Intel HD can show up and contribute anything to my dedicated card.

You can. Anantech showed that a dgpu + intel integrated increased FPS by 20~%

L.O.R.D

i feel bad

3 days ago my cousin told me he want to play a game , i saw he was playing Batman AO Blackgate HD
told him why you did that ? you better play clicker heroes

its' been 3 days now , and he didn't turn off his PC and still playing clicker heroes

did i do something wrong ?

MUnited83

For you.
Yea, I posted the link to the video XD

The only reason I asked was because Nvidia cards have a way better resale value than AMD cards. Especially after the bitcoin mining thing.

Edit: What I meant to ask was why do you feel the used GPU market will be *more* scarce? If we are talking about all cards.

You can. Anantech showed that a dgpu + intel integrated increased FPS by 20~%
The used GPU market will be a bit more scarce because instead of having a useless card after upgrading, you can use it to actually improve the performance of the new one :p

Salsa

i feel bad

3 days ago my cousin told me he want to play a game , i saw he was playing Batman AO Blackgate HD
told him why you did that ? you better play clicker heroes

its' been 3 days now , and he didn't turn off his PC and still playing clicker heroes

did i do something wrong ?

who turns their PC off

Monooboe

Damn had to pay with paypal on FunStock, so of course paypal added 2 euros, not much but still... my visa didn't want to work on the site for some reason.

Anyway! BLOPS3 is MINE! I fear though that I might be too old, that my reflexes are too slow for an twich online shooter.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Banner Saga -- MB-6CFF2FB45B117285 - Taken by L.O.R.D
Should work, sorry in case it doesn't, but please don't hate me :)

Salsa

pretty sure my gpu was trying to off itself after like an hour of Ethan

I mean game is pretty but usage seems crazy (no OSD just guessin from sounds)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Tizoc

Right so I'm nearing the end of playthrough of Samurai Warriors 4-2, this ish is just getting way too anime for me now, currently playing this girl's story mode and uh
y9Zcv7Q.png

She's a friggin' Tennis player and uses a tennis racquet-like weapon, KOEI TECMO pls...

pretty sure my gpu was trying to off itself after like an hour of Ethan

I mean game is pretty but usage seems crazy (no OSD just guessin from sounds)
Mine does the same thing. Even worse if I downsample. It's like I should strap on and prepare for takeoff or some shit. Doesn't happen with any other game, really.

Hektor

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A story about my uncle -- MB-083D1E515AF24EA5 - Taken by Saty

Clicker Heroes: what happens first? I lose my job or suffer a repetitive use injury

Maybe you'll lose your job because of the injury.

dude go back

this is bananas

I will at some point, but probably not any more this year.

Phawx

Hey Jshackles. The auto-pagination thing is busted on Enhanced Steam at 4k. Basically because the entire page fits without any scroll bars, it never actually processes the next page. And it removes the page numbers so the only way to fix it is to window my browser and force the page to have a scroll bar.

Jazz573

Cross-posting this from the VN thread, because it's kind of disturbing:

So Sekai Project cropped all the CGs in their G-senjou no Maou release into 16:9. I suppose they think people on Steam won't buy 4:3 games, but I'm not going to buy a butchered release without the original aspect ratio.

And of course they even locked the Steam thread that brought this up. Can't let those consumers be informed.

According to this Basileus777, the thread has now been deleted.

jshackles

Hey Jshackles. The auto-pagination thing is busted on Enhanced Steam at 4k. Basically because the entire page fits without any scroll bars, it never actually processes the next page. And it removes the page numbers so the only way to fix it is to window my browser and force the page to have a scroll bar.

That's pretty strange. I've tested in 4k before and not had that issue. There's a section in the code that specifically looks to see if the "next page" section is currently in the viewport and if it is to load the next results. I'll have to go back and see if something changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom