• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Things

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord -- MB-508FDAB16B3F357D - Taken by UnaiGamer. 5 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-7152614E655D1F29 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Gold Rush! Anniversary -- MB-9F8698DF0B0BFF74 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Making History: The Great War -- MB-68124B6260317C33 - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.
Starmade -- MB-C42AD7D0C12DBBF3 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.

t1446585718z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
glad to see operation bring back saoirse was a success. fuck the haters, we're all beautiful weirdos

i need a new avatar but i'm at work and can't fetch my old one

suggestions in the meantime?

Aren't Panasonic Eneloops available in your country? I thought they were everywhere. Like Energizers.
looked in argie ebay, they're pretty expensive, like 80usd

are those like super good or something?

they don't even have colored ones...

Welcome to my ignore list. It's a pretty exclusive club.
this is the right move

the ignore function is great, best way of combatting undesirable ppl that do nothing but bring others down.

The happens with every single Bethesda game. All the way back to uunet groups and DaggerFall, people have been freaking out over minor blemishes and hiccups that they give passes to virtually every other game.
ah, i never followed beth fandom too closely. that's unfortunate

i respect some stuff about beth games and could see myself really getting into them if they were a bit more fun to play or had more interesting worlds. like, i loved morrowind, wish they made more games like that, less dumb versions of fallout.

It depends on the hardware. It runs great on my new iPhone 6, its terrible on my HTC One and iPad 3. Plus I don't know of another mobile game that does something similar to Fallout Shelter on mobile that performs better. Yeah, if it only runs on the latest hardware that is something they could control. They should have scaled back the game and made it run smoother.

That said, I've been playing the game for dozens of hours. I hope they or someone takes the concept and makes a deeper better game on the computer / consoles. The title "Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!" touches on similar concept as well. I miss quality management games like Dungeon Keeper and Evil Genius.
i feel like i'd like fallout shelter more if it was a pc game. just lots of annoyances of the mobile interface and poor performance (i don't have an iphone 6 but cmon, this game isn't that crazy) and general lack of depth makes it just a timewaster for particularly long train rides, but not really a game.

concept is super neat and presentation is great, too. as a fallout fan, it's kind of meh in the references and stuff but it's got the look at least.

for a moment i thought the real texas was coming to steam :/

Salsa

zkylon gettin real uruguayan with these many quotes per post

also Pillars reception was lukewarm? I thought we all loved it

rookiejet

catching up to the last few pages got me worked up, but thankfully we've moved on, lol. still wanted to chime in: it doesn't matter what your avatar is, JaseC, it could be a picture of doodoo, you still remain one of the best, most friendly and respected posters on steamgaf. i'm a fan

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any new 25% voucher for FunStock? Thinking about getting BLOPS3. That game was completely off my radar but getting little hyped.:D

NOV-COUPMAIL-PRE25 should follow OCT-COUPMAIL-PRE25. No idea if it's live just yet.

my black ops 3 pre-load just updated now its show 16.8GB(yesterdays pre-load)/47GB now.

Yeah, the content DLC apps were changed to "released" (the content is still encrypted). It's a little odd that the preloadonly flag doesn't work with DLC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like controller support has finally been added to The Elder Scrolls Online for PC.

Simply open the main menu -> Gameplay -> enable "Gamepad (Beta)". This gives you the console UI now, and works with controllers.

MUnited83

For you.
It looks like controller support has finally been added to The Elder Scrolls Online for PC.

Simply open the main menu -> Gameplay -> enable "Gamepad (Beta)". This gives you the console UI now, and works with controllers.

I gotta remember to buy that the next time it goes on sale for 12$ at GMG, since it clearly will take several years to reach anywhere near that on Steam :/

Khronico

I was actually waiting to get back into TESO until this feature was implemented.

Don't judge me

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was actually waiting to get back into TESO until this feature was implemented.

Don't judge me

No judgement here - I got tired of waiting for controller support and ended up picking up the game on PS4 where I've been playing it off and on.

rtcn63

Is a there a fix for the slow motion bug in RE4 HD besides lowering the framerate to 30fps? I tried changing the textures to "original" and it didn't help. The slow motion happens randomly when leaving the inventory and doesn't appear to go away.

Normally I'm OK with 30fps, but for some reason it feels/looks really bad here.

Salsa

didnt know what to play so im downloading Ethan Carter

actually I do know what I wanna play; fuckin Wolfenstein, but I have absolutely no way to make it run even decently.

someone suggested that my card running at 8x instead of 16x (as reported by GPU-Z) on this PCIe port is allegedly what is fucking up my performance but I couldnt get the card to read at 16 for some reason and ive read everywhere that im losing like.. less than 5 percent performance on a 680 by that

so yeah. Idk. fuck that engine.

Pachimari

I see I shouldn't have gotten Black Ops 3 from GMG , welp. No pre-load and no Nuketown ugh.

I'm still excited though. It was between this, Battlefront, Destiny and Halo 5.

Vlad

Looks like the stream of somewhat underwhelming games continues. As much as I really want to say that I could recommend Luftrausers, it's kind of tough to do.

The game pretty much controls like Asteroids, but with gravity. You fly around and blow stuff up. As you play, you complete objectives which unlocks different parts for your plane. You can swap out the gun, body, and engine, and the different combinations allow for a lot of variation in playstyle. After you customize your plane, you launch into the game, and blow up stuff until you die.

And that's pretty much it. The only progression to speak of is completing the various objectives, which are per-part (so there's a set of objectives for each weapon, body, and engine). The thing is, all the objectives are along the same lines, with various flavors of "kill X number of Y enemy" or "Kill X enemies in the same combo". The actual game that you play doesn't really change, and it starts to get a little old fast.

It also doesn't really help that everything happens so damn fast that you often die because a hail of bullets or swarm of ships just comes blazing in off the side of the screen and kills you before you can really react.

I ended up unlocking all the plane parts in a little over 100 minutes of playtime, and while you do go up in "level" for accumulating various amounts of points, there doesn't appear to be any actual gameplay change for levelling up. It's kind of a shame, too, since the game controls really well, and has a good "feel" to it, but there's just not enough substance in there to take advantage of the great idea.

bigzgod

I see I shouldn't have gotten Black Ops 3 from GMG , welp. No pre-load and no Nuketown ugh.

I'm still excited though. It was between this, Battlefront, Destiny and Halo 5.

GMG is really becoming more and more mired in dubious practices.

They're no longer listed as an authorized retailer from Ubisoft, link, which probably coincides with their sale on AC:Syndicate and Anno 2205.

Hm, looks like I blamed Youtube wrongfully for the fade-to-black transitions when going in/out fullscreen. It happens on other pages as well. Must have been flash or something. No, it must be the new Firefox version. Youtube, Steam and Gamersyde aren't even flash, they're HTML5.

Backlogger

Oh nice, and I was waiting for a good deal on the PS4 version because of this. Now I will wait for a good deal on the Steam version :)

chronomac

Extras:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-5F17DC7B85777880 - Taken by louiedog. 2 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-5E9B6A88B0767EF6 - Taken by tioslash. 4 entrants total.

t1446578278z1.png

Hmh doesn't seem to work for me.o_O

already talked about it earlier...they dropped the base price for Black Ops III to about $45 but made the vouchers invalid to get further discounts on it

also, as someone mentioned a couple days ago their customer support said Nuketown would be included for pre-orders but the site hadn't been updated...now their Twitter finally said it will include Nuketown and their site has it listed as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom