• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

Clicker Heroes: what happens first? I lose my job or suffer a repetitive use injury

You get to a point in Clicker Heroes were you barely click at all (or you can double down on clicking and use an autoclicker I guess). Except for the guild "raid bosses" that is, since the only way to fight them is clicking, but those are only 30 seconds at a time.

Right so I'm nearing the end of playthrough of Samurai Warriors 4-2, this ish is just getting way too anime for me now, currently playing this girl's story mode and uh
y9Zcv7Q.png

She's a friggin' Tennis player and uses a tennis racquet-like weapon, KOEI TECMO pls...

That's lacrosse silly.

Tenrius

It's interesting that Big Boss never says
"Kaz, I'm already a demon"
(a catchy and famous line in a cutscene in the first few hours of the game) in TPP. It's often quoted this way, but the actual line in the game is a bit different (and even more corny).

Tizoc

You get to a point in Clicker Heroes were you barely click at all (or you can double down on clicking and use an autoclicker I guess). Except for the guild "raid bosses" that is, since the only way to fight them is clicking, but those are only 30 seconds at a time.

That's lacrosse silly.

Fair enough, but it's still ridiculous.

Right so I'm nearing the end of playthrough of Samurai Warriors 4-2, this ish is just getting way too anime for me now, currently playing this girl's story mode and uh
y9Zcv7Q.png

She's a friggin' Tennis player and uses a tennis racquet-like weapon, KOEI TECMO pls...

that looks like lacrosse

Hektor

So you think they're beeing shady (again, like CDProject implied once iirc)? If thats the case its honestly getting kinda hard to tell whats legit and whats not.

Ludens

Banned
So you think they're beeing shady (again, like CDProject implied once iirc)? If thats the case its honestly getting kinda hard to tell whats legit and whats not.
At this point, maybe yes. I think the whole CDPR thing just scratched the surface. Way too cheap prices for new releases. I mean, Syndacate is 50% off, they are probably selling Nvidia codes.

Sober

I see a lot of lukewarm opinions of Pillars and its made me hesitate to pick it up. What makes it stand out to you so much? Is it nostalgia that elevates it for you or is it nostalgia that's making other people judge it so harshly relative to Baldur's Gate II?
Basically everyone clamoured for Obsidian to make a BG2 style game and they got what they asked for, even if the game director (JE Sawyer) didn't particularly want to make that kind of game, that's what people paid money for. And it came out mostly okay unless you were super hardcore AD&D and hated the changes, e.g. the underlying systems or the writing or what have you.

People who wanted a more turn-based game over RTwP haven't gotten their game yet. But I suppose Numenera or other stuff on the horizon or have come out should do the trick.

I really should finish Pillars tbh, I think I dropped it like half a year ago out of nowhere, which was odd cause I was having quite a bit of fun with it. Maybe TW3 was coming out or life or something. Iunno.

not at all. I think it looks awful from what they showed. im not talking about graphics

the awful new dialogue wheel, the setting being basically Fallout 3, the lack of Obsidian, the Minecraft-like minigame, the focus on the power armor..

I just know what it is and what is gonna be. hoping to be disappointed but this is Bethesda takin hella ownership and it just looks like Elder Scrolls: The Wasteland rather than a Fallout game

I loved New Vegas but the reasons why just arent here
Yeah, you're not wrong. I feel like people should just drop the pretense that Bethesda is going to make an RPG-ass RPG anymore. They know exactly what they're making, what they're good at and all that, and none of that is making a RPG with good writing, C&C, or any of that.

At this point a Bethesda-developed open world game might as well be Bethesda trying to chase the Minecraft money because their emphasis on particular systems seems favouring exploration, crafting, and really really light RPG mechanics anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They've not been on that last for a long time (if ever) as far as Wayback Machine cache knows. It has snapshots from September and March of this year and GMG isn't on the list on either date. Also google had a cached version from few weeks ago and no GMG in the list.

The list was last updated in May.

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.(Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-B4A4EF533981788F - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 2 entrants total.
A Story about my uncle -- MB-8A1973F3B0E639F4 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 3 entrants total.

t1446585298z1.png

sparez

madjoki

At this point, yes. I think the whole CDPR thing just scratched the surface. Way too cheap prices for new releases. I mean, Syndacate is 50% off, they are probably selling NVidia codes.

That would be easy to prove, as like with Steam codes, you login with uplay account on nvidia site. Someone would've posted that.

neoemonk

I just bought Fallout 4 from GMG a few hours ago.

So hopefully they are on the level.

Not my first purchase from them and I haven't had problems to date.

It's interesting that
Big Boss never says "Kaz, I'm already a demon" in TPP. It's often quoted this way, but the actual line in the game is a bit different
(and even more corny).
Why would you post this without spoilers? I loved the trailers and loved that line and was excited to see it in the game.

Why did you not spoiler-tag it?

My friend, why did you?
Hey Jshackles. The auto-pagination thing is busted on Enhanced Steam at 4k. Basically because the entire page fits without any scroll bars, it never actually processes the next page. And it removes the page numbers so the only way to fix it is to window my browser and force the page to have a scroll bar.
What a nice #firstworldproblem :)
Congrats on your new monitor. More than 4K, I envy Freesymc :eek:

tmarg

I remember ubi games (or at least sales) not being available in the US from gmg, even when available in Europe.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GreenManGaming has been involved in a few sketchy things in the past, and this latest price on AC Syndicate seems like it'll be the next unless it's a legitimate price mistake. The game isn't even released on PC for another 2 weeks and it's already almost 50% off.

But then again I got the same deal with Fallout 4 on a coupon glitch so who knows. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt here until I see evidence to the contrary.

Khronico

Wait so people who got in on the 50% coupon glitch still have all the games they bought?

Man..... Now I regret not jumping in on that even more...

Ludens

Banned
That would be easy to prove, as like with Steam codes, you login with uplay account on nvidia site. Someone would've posted that.
Ah, I didn't know how Nvidia codes work form Uplay, I only redeemed one for MGSV. Anyway 50% off on Syndacate before the release is strange.

GreenManGaming has been involved in a few sketchy things in the past, and this latest price on AC Syndicate seems like it'll be the next unless it's a legitimate price mistake. The game isn't even released on PC for another 2 weeks and it's already almost 50% off.

But then again I got the same deal with Fallout 4 on a coupon glitch so who knows. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt here until I see evidence to the contrary.
Exactly. Prices approaching 50% off before release aren't new for them. I dunno when people started to assume the worst.

Like I didn't see people doubting them over their Mad Max pricing.
Wait so people who got in on the 50% coupon glitch still have all the games they bought?

Man..... Now I regret not jumping in on that even more...
Yeah, Between me and my GF we bought 10 games that way. Still got 'em.
Ah, I didn't know how Nvidia codes work form Uplay, I only redeemed one for MGSV. Anyway 50% off on Syndacate before the release is strange.
This is why we shouldn't assume! :)

Tenrius

Why would you post this without spoilers? I loved the trailers and loved that line and was excited to see it in the game.

Why did you not spoiler-tag it?

My friend, why did you?

I mean, it's in the first two hours of the game and it's not that much different (he actually says
"I know, I'm already a demon"
). By the way, it's strange that finding the actual cutscene on YouTube to confirm was so hard, however everything is littered with that other line. Is it actually from the trailers? I didn't watch any, but saw the line around.

madjoki

Yes, Phinor said much the same thing, but GMG would be there if it were supposed to be as the list has been updated twice this year.

But it still confirms that GMG wasn't removed from list, so it could be just missing. (It missing some Nexway / Metaboli affiliates too).

On other hand if it was removed it would indicate that somethings definitely up.

Grief.exe

In all honesty, I was looking into G2A/Kinguin prices earlier in the year specifically for Ubisoft games. Ubisoft is a Publisher I have no desire in supporting and a DRM solution I particularly do not want to support. A vastly reduced price may increase my interest enough to check out something like The Division.

From what I saw, their prices aren't even that good. They are officially the lowest, but not by enough to justify a purchase.

M.D

You guys think it's likely we'll see some deals on Fallout 4 closer to launch or on launch day? DLGAMER is the lowest I can find right now at $51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom