• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

Yeah GMG started out as the place to get cheap newly released games and seeing how big they've become, someone should have made a big deal about them if they were shady? Like with g2play and places like that.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Missed the Eurotruck Simulator 2 GA by seconds.
KuGsj.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You guys think it's likely we'll see some deals on Fallout 4 closer to launch or on launch day? DLGAMER is the lowest I can find right now at $51

A bit of a stretch - but if you're in the US and have a GamersClub Unlocked membership from Best Buy, you can get the game for $48 which includes a $10 BestBuy gift certificate and a poster. Of course that's for the physical release.

Deitus

Why would you post this without spoilers? I loved the trailers and loved that line and was excited to see it in the game.

Why did you not spoiler-tag it?

My friend, why did you?

Worry not Veggie, it's not really a spoiler. The line is in the game, and it's largely the same as in the trailer.

They just cut the trailer in a way that the lines can work out of context of the full conversation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But it still confirms that GMG wasn't removed from list, so it could be just missing. (It missing some Nexway / Metaboli affiliates too).

Many if not most of of the other Nexway/Metaboli sites don't actually sell, say, Anno 2205, which suggests to me that Ubi is partnering with specific outlets rather than the two broader parent companies but there's some key sharing going on. Regardless, the fact remains that GMG's price on Anno 2205 and Syndicate is too low to be anything other than a price mistake if it is legit -- at 30% off it'd be giving up its cut entirely.

neoemonk

A few years ago I decided I would quit buying AC games on Steam sales until I caught up to the ones I had already purchased.

I have Revelations but I've only played through Brotherhood. I don't think I've ever played more than $5 for one of those games either. I've always kept an eye on them because I thought the story had promise after AC II, but now I'm not sure if I'll ever go back.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A few years ago I decided I would quit buying AC games on Steam sales until I caught up to the ones I had already purchased.

I have Revelations but I've only played through Brotherhood. I don't think I've ever played more than $5 for one of those games either. I've always kept an eye on them because I thought the story had promise after AC II, but now I'm not sure if I'll ever go back.

For what it's worth, I've never been an Assassin's Creed fan until I played Syndicate. I've tried many times to play the various iterations and nothing ever sunk in. But Syndicate is surprisingly good - certainly my favorite in the series although that's not saying much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For what it's worth, I've never been an Assassin's Creed fan until I played Syndicate. I've tried many times to play the various iterations and nothing ever sunk in. But Syndicate is surprisingly good - certainly my favorite in the series although that's not saying much.

Syndicate will prove to be your gateway drug.

neoemonk

I saw a physical copy of AC: Unity for PC at my local Best Buy a few weeks ago. I think it was marked down to $8, and I was tempted briefly, but ultimately I passed. I do have GCU so it would have been even cheaper.

Jawmuncher

I saw a physical copy of AC: Unity for PC at my local Best Buy a few weeks ago. I think it was marked down to $8, and I was tempted briefly, but ultimately I passed. I do have GCU so it would have been even cheaper.

It's funny just how much Uplay hurts sales, or maybe that's the plan.
Uplay stuff gets nice and cheap, but steam prices stay high for quite awhile.
Thus they make a tad more from the people paying higher prices.

Monooboe

Playing Arkham Knight and I'm buffled as to why they decided to have break and back with the batmobile on the button X instead of left trigger?o_O Thats like YEARS of learned behavior one must relearn. I've fallen down so many buildings and crashed into so many walls because of that.XD

Heh, decided to check out Reddit and people are going bonkers over at /pcmasterrace for that comparison screenshot of FO and Skyrim settings.

Some choice cuts

If the leaked shots come from an 8800 then how the fuck can we get a judgement on the graphics?

Doesn't seem legit at all. Someone could have literally just added a 4 instead of the 3 in the title bar. Looks exactly like the FO3 launch menu, and even at that, I'm not worried for a single second if it the FO4 launch options.

That's the point of faking it... making it look real. IF one were to fake it would look like this. And again, FO4 is a gameworks game. And there is no gameworks options menu. Hence why this is fake.

etc

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Contagion #3 -- MB-CC533FB15AE7F321 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Contagion #2 -- MB-16F0E98080D92FB8 - Taken by GaussTek
Contagion #4 -- MB-5F6012EE41EE8710 - Taken by redlacs
Contagion -- MB-E1549E1A92B25A41 - Taken by Diedac

MUnited83

For you.
It's funny just how much Uplay hurts sales, or maybe that's the plan.
Uplay stuff gets nice and cheap, but steam prices stay high for quite awhile.
Thus they make a tad more from the people paying higher prices.
I hate Uplay with a passional but im a bit tempted to get a cheap Uplay Syndicate because of the NVIDIA promo(will take 2 years for Steam to reach that price )...
Goddamit Victorian London, why do you corrupt me ? >.>

Tizoc

I hate Uplay with a passional but im a bit tempted to get a cheap Uplay Syndicate because of the NVIDIA promo(will take 2 years for Steam to reach that price )...
Goddamit Victorian London, why do you corrupt me ? >.>

If you want open world-like Victorian London, just wait for the upcoming Sherlock Holmes game.

def sim

Playing Arkham Knight and I'm buffled as to why they decided to have break and back with the batmobile on the button X instead of left trigger?o_O Thats like YEARS of learned behavior one must relearn. I've fallen down so many buildings and crashed into so many walls because of that.XD

You can switch battle mode to RB (toggle) after a certain point. I think after a thing in the GCPD early on? Brake will be mapped to left trigger that way.

Have you tried plugging your display into the MOBO's on board card (should be an HDMI slot around the sound and usb slots) and seeing if that works?

I wouldn't be worried about mobo to GPU compatibility since your mobo supports a relatively new 2500k. Have you tested without the GPU to confirm your suspicions? Do the fans spin on the GPU when turned on?

If you think the graphics card is the problem, perhaps try this:

(1) remove the graphics card.
(2) reset your bios (either by jumping the appropriate pins, pressing the appropriate switch, or removing the battery for a bit).
(3) connect your display to the video out for the onboard graphics adapter.
(4) attempt to power on.

Explanation:
In theory, your i5-supporting motherboard should have an integrated video card. By doing the above, you will ensure that if your BIOS was set to have the integrated video card disabled (instead of set to AUTO), you will again reset it to factory defaults which will allow it to display.
If you cannot see the PC post, the problem is not your video card. If you can hear things coming online (fans or HDDs starting to spin, for example) but it immediately shuts off, it may be something with your motherboard/ram/psu.

All the fans work fine, I tested it w/out the card. I gotta look again but I didn't notice an hdmi output on the mobo. I connect it to my hdtv, no monitor. I will try to reset bios. Thanks guys!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Abyss Odyssey -- MB-3EC7CD249F00CF56 - Taken by Kaper. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-CF4168358D41959A - Taken by Belgarion. 5 entrants total.
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-27EA1D7E7D37EC4E - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-CA4B756CE8C66BB5 - Taken by shockdude. 2 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-3155FFD8B9B59A0B - Taken by OmarYusaf. 6 entrants total.

t1446588478z1.png

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes -- MB-C07F4812EABA3303 - Taken by ExoSoul
Incognito -- MB-EEA9915DF60B0F5B - Taken by texhnolyze

FYC

Banned
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FYC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Speedrunners -- MB-4178138FCD20322B - Taken by Monooboe

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yeah GMG started out as the place to get cheap newly released games and seeing how big they've become, someone should have made a big deal about them if they were shady? Like with g2play and places like that.

Their return policy is abhorrent. I stopped using them.

AHA-Lambda

Not getting all the fuss for Binary Domain here =/

It's certainly a competent cover shooter, and the destruction effects on the enemies are cool.
But the dialogue system is a total gimmick, characters are jackasses, some of the enemy encounters are really cheap, and it's just really quite repetitive.

It's certainly a competent cover shooter, and the destruction effects on the enemies are cool.
But the dialogue system is a total gimmick, characters are jackasses, some of the enemy encounters are really cheap, and it's just really quite repetitive.

^ Did this fool just call Big Bo a "jackass"???

chronomac

If I bought the new Jumbo Bundle for $6, can I add $3 to my old order and get Spintires and Dragon Commander? I see the option to add but it doesn't say anything about getting additional keys

Jawmuncher

What difficulty are you playing on? I don't recall having much issue with it, and the robotic destruction was pretty fun. It was just a nice change of pace from the typical stuff on the market for the genre.

uVXvbpk.gif

Nah, I get you. It's not for everyone and apparently you are one of them. FWIW all your complaints are things I especially liked. All about taste.

And you got none. ;)

Knurek

Zestiria's battle system sure is button mashy...
Story doesn't have as strong a start as Abyss did, graphics are marginally better than Abyss (well, resolution increase aside), battle tracks are worse than Abyss, characters so far as well.

It'll probably get better as soon as I leave the tutorial areas, but yeah, the first 5 hours haven't been all that amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom