• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

That feel when you enter a giveaway with 2 minutes left but you forget you haven't refreshed the page for five minutes.

Chariot

i492e9L.png

Finally free again! \o\

But seriously, I am looking forward to further installments. I hope NepNep VII doesn't take too long to arrive on Vita/PC.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats dot!

also mod tools when, obs

i need to mod out those fucking spiders
This might not really help, but IE Mod can let you toggle objects, which includes enemies. You'd have to do this for every map with spiders, and figure out which objects are the spiders though, so it'd probably be a hassle.

Phinor

Yeah GMG started out as the place to get cheap newly released games and seeing how big they've become, someone should have made a big deal about them if they were shady? Like with g2play and places like that.

They are not 100% in the shady territory like many infamous key resellers. GMG just sometimes buys grey market games which is what key resellers do most of the time (G2A marketplace etc. are a whole different mess, that's where you find most of the issues). Shades of grey, not a black/white issue anymore. I gave them them the benefit of the doubt with Witcher 3 back when that debacle happened, but with Nuketown missing from Black Ops 3 (which should be included with every official pre-order) and now Syndicate for 30€, Anno for 35€, I don't have any doubt anymore. But again, GMG has legal/proper relationships with most publishers, they just seem to use more and more alternative sources for their games now.

There was a good explanation some weeks ago here at Neogaf about how these grey market keys are usually sold. Basically publishers have many distributors all over the world and sometimes one office decides to dump a lot of cheap(er) keys on the market because they need to hit sales quotas etc. The fact is, GMG has to be using these sources for cheaper keys. Their official Ubisoft contact wouldn't sell them Syndicate keys for 50% off few weeks before the release (50% off, because GMG needs to make a profit too). Whether you consider that legal or not, that's a really complicated issue. But it's also exactly what reputable cd-key resellers do.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
571 cards left to idle in 147 games, god dammit, it's been a while since I cleared out all the drops apparantly

C4rter

What's the latest we suspect of the Humble Monthly content?

- Saints Row 4 or Gat out of Hell?
- Besiege
- Rogue Legacy (?)

AHA-Lambda

Ok, when i say characters are jackasses, I most especially Dan than anyone else. Bo does nothing for me, don't get the fuss. I like Cain.

What difficulty are you playing on? I don't recall having much issue with it, and the robotic destruction was pretty fun. It was just a nice change of pace from the typical stuff on the market for the genre.

Normal, it's not overly difficult on the whole, but it's more that there are certain situations that are just frustrating. Many bosses seem to be able to stun you so easily and the recovery time is excessively long. The 2nd gorilla fight was downright awful.

chronomac

Is the Windmills one the new one? If so, smells like Valkyria Chronicles. (I believe it was also in the leaks)

I hadn't seen the windmills or stereo before. The leak had Saints Row 4, Besiege, Valkyria Chronicles, Legend of Grimlock 2, and some DLC for Grimrock. So one or two are unaccounted for, but the lantern does seem to point to Torchlight 2.

If you guys are okay with uplay keys and you want to buy Assassin's Creed then look into Indian Origin to see if that still works. They have the base game for about $26 and the gold version for about $40.

Uzzy

With Fallout 4 in mind, I saw that Peter Donaldson, the BBC Radio presenter died today. He'd have been the voice of the Wartime Broadcasting Service, which would have replaced regular broadcasting in the event of nuclear war. The script that he'd have recorded makes for some grim reading. (Nuclear war being grim? Shocking, I know.)

Reading that and watching the old Protect and Survive information films almost makes me wish for a patrol round the Mojave.

Chariot

I hadn't seen the windmills or stereo before. The leak had Saints Row 4, Besiege, Valkyria Chronicles, Legend of Grimlock 2, and some DLC for Grimrock. So one or two are unaccounted for, but the lantern does seem to point to Torchlight 2.
Yeah, pretty sure that the windmills are Valkyria Chronicles then.

All in all an okay bundle, just nothing for me since I already own everything except Grimrock 2. Maybe they do another good next month with games I still need.

Monooboe

Their official Ubisoft contact wouldn't sell them Syndicate keys for 50% off few weeks before the release (50% off, because GMG needs to make a profit too). Whether you consider that legal or not, that's a really complicated issue. But it's also exactly what reputable cd-key resellers do.

Maybe digital sales are becoming more and more like brick and mortar retail, where a chain would have preorders on the cheap on popular games just to get the traffic. I remember buying Black Ops and Bad Company 2 for 360 for 30 euros on release day.

C4rter

There is no DLC for Grimrock or am I wrong?
Hm, I'm not interested in Saints Row 4 or Gat... I already own Valkyria and Grimrock 2 and I don't need Besiege. So, I'm out I guess and will be furious if there will be totally different titles in the bundle, lol.

Am I missing something? People are saying AC Syndicate is 50% off. I see it at 36% at GMG but it's Uplay... do I really care about saving like 15 bucks to not have it on steam? Help!!!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh, I actually really want Valkyria Chronicles... I was saving up my card money for it.

I don't know about the other games though. Legend of Grimlock 2, sure, but I wouldn't want it until after I beat the first game.

Ozium

spintires is fucking amazing... I almost got stuck a couple times but my skillz of driving in deep snow transferred to video game mud.

goty

Durante

Zestiria's battle system sure is button mashy...
Story doesn't have as strong a start as Abyss did, graphics are marginally better than Abyss (well, resolution increase aside), battle tracks are worse than Abyss, characters so far as well.
Seriously? Seriously?? 20 hours in, I'd say the worst characters in Zestiria are on par with the best characters in Abyss. (And I say this as someone who considers the Abyss cast among the more bearable in the Tales franchise)

Also, I'd say the battle system is inherently less button mashy than any other Tales game I've played, simply because of the SC system.

And having played Abyss (on PCSX2 at high resolution mind you) just a year ago, the graphical improvements are hardly "marginal".

Chariot

So, I am going to tackle Fallout: New Vegas tomorrow. A
re there any mandatory mods I should have prepared or should I begin vanilla first?

Ahh, I actually really want Valkyria Chronicles... I was saving up my card money for it.

I don't know about the other games though. Legend of Grimlock 2, sure, but I wouldn't want it until after I beat the first game.
You should wait, it's going to be cheap in the Winter Sale, since it was already at 5 Euro during this year's Summer Sale.

MUnited83

For you.
If you guys are okay with uplay keys and you want to buy Assassin's Creed then look into Indian Origin to see if that still works. They have the base game for about $26 and the gold version for about $40.
a good suggestion but even better is waiting for NVIDIA codes to go down. Some people selling it at ~25$ already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom