• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoG.com has a Fall Sale.

n34dwNU.png

Hm, very tempting.

I'm currently plying Old World Blues and plan on playing Dead Money and Lonesome Road as well, but I'm not when should I finish the main quest? I know you can't continue playing after you've finished it so that's tricky. I don't know how many possible locations or quests I'm still missing around the map and I wouldn't want to finish the game without doing those

Is the explorer perk worth taking so I could see the locations I haven't discovered yet?

Wait... I don't remember that you couldn't continue after the end of the main quest. I fairly sure you could but maybe I used a mod.. I'm seriously fuzzy on all that and i don't know why.

SPOILER! DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED NEW VEGAS
The way I remember it: You have the battle at the dam, you beat everyone with your Yes Man army, then you go back to the Vegas tower, Yes Man says he found a new program and he wouldn't be so obedient any more, roll credits, then you are back in the game and can play any remaining quest.

Anyways, Old World Blues is the best part of Fallout New Vegas so you might feel a bit let down by the rest of the game.

Dr Dogg

I mean you could probably cover all of Skyrim in 10 mins if you didn't have to traverse up and/or around countless mountains. Some of them take about 10 mins on their own to glitch your way up what you thought might be a shortcut.

chronomac

I mean you could probably cover all of Skyrim in 10 mins if you didn't have to traverse up and/or around countless mountains. Some of them take about 10 mins on their own to glitch your way up what you thought might be a shortcut.

And there are a ton of interiors in Fallout so just traversing the overworld doesn't account for much.

All this hand-wringing over Fallout is getting old as hell. Game's not even out yet.

derFeef

And there are a ton of interiors in Fallout so just traversing the overworld doesn't account for much.

All this hand-wringing over Fallout is getting old as hell. Game's not even out yet.

It's the Bethesda game circle.
Announcement: Love
Pre-release details: Hate
Release and game: Love
Aftermath: Hate

Nzyme32

I was about to say, of all games, Fallout constitutes some of the more interesting interiors, underground areas, etc, etc. I'm not quite sure why the measure of a game such as Fallout 4 should be based on "how long it takes to walk to the other side". Also don't know if it is clear as to whether the "open world" will be one continuous area or separated somehow

He has mentioned before that he has more freedom in video game soundtracks than any of his TV or film projects. When he comes to a video game projects, studios often say they want electronic or orchestra in general but that's it. Often companies will bend over backwards to match his music's beats. In film, the director will often come in with an existing piece of music and say they want a new piece that sounds exactly like it, just changed enough to avoid copyright and matches up with a moving picture, which they will be editing while he makes the sound track.

Right. That makes total sense, esp. the bit about having to match a moving image, since in games you only have to set the tone of the game in a general way.

For appreciation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZHs0q9nI4

chronomac

I was about to say, of all games, Fallout constitutes some of the more interesting interiors, underground areas, etc, etc. I'm not quite sure why the measure of a game such as Fallout 4 should be based on "how long it takes to walk to the other side". Also don't know if it is clear as to whether the "open world" will be one continuous area or separated somehow

People seemed to be actively searching for things to ding the game on. First it was screenshots from random sources and now it's a a video of a guy running from point A to B.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh, hey, my car is in a video game.

now i kind of imagine saoirse living in a rundown shack. car just has a horse strapped to it. bed is a stack of newspapers. there are flies are everywhere. all is spent on the library

that'd explain the crazy game spendings

Not been able to post here that much since I'm busy training at the national mental ward but I've finally had enough card money to purchase the Penumbra pack (along with some extremely cheap games along the way). Living in SEA, penumbra + those games equated to around 3$. Pretty good haul to scare myself on the holiday break.

I don't know if I'm weird but I always try to play a series chronologically (?), even if the supposed prequel was created later. I guess too much time playing civ5 (and a little bit of simcity4 on the side) and seeing things from ground up to the present warped my mindset.

r3n4ud

now i kind of imagine saoirse living in a rundown shack. car just has a horse strapped to it. bed is a stack of newspapers. there are flies are everywhere. all is spent on the library

You mean the house behind the car?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry - Release Date announced!

+++ Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry to arrive on the 20th of November 2015 +++

Pirates! Whispered rumors spread faster in the Caribbean than scurvy on the seven seas. Today we received an urgent warning, and its contents have been confirmed; anti-hero Christopher Raven and his deadly crew have been sighted spreading fear and violence across the open world of the Caribbean in the upcoming action-adventure RPG, Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry!

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry takes players on an epic adventure featuring the dread pirate Captain Christopher Raven as he scours the Caribbean on a quest for revenge. Cut, sail, slash and shoot your way across the Antilles, from pirate hideouts to unexplored savage islands and sprawling plantations. Make choices ranging from the moral to the monstrous, while you walk the razor’s edge between gaining your revenge and becoming the very thing you’re hunting.

With over 50 hours of playing time, 120 minutes of cinematic video recordings and new quests and voice-over work, Christopher Raven’s ship is loaded for war like never before. Don’t worry, Christopher Raven will leave no brother of the coast behind! Those who took to the seas with Christopher in Raven’s Cry will receive a free upgrade to Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry from the Captain himself.

Hektor

Wasteland 2 had a similar character, some crazy guy who was into collectiong video games, you had to find a CD-i and an ET Cartridge for him.

They should've called him CJay or something.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wasteland 2 had a similar character, some crazy guy who was into collectiong video games, you had to find a CD-i and an ET Cartridge for him.

They should've called him CJay or something.

thats actually kind of hilarious

i seriously need to get back to w2

Love that people are backing CoD now just cos it's against Star Wars XD
Battlefront really is shallow shit ._.

its more like CoD is actually giving you a bang for your buck, unlike star wars. star wars is online only, will have micro transactions even if it doesn't launch with it and then you still have to pay for the new maps. thats a straight up rip off imo. Sure CoD has a map pack too but you get a story mode, multiplayer, survival mode(which from my understanding also has a story mode this time as well?), twin stick shooter mode, and something after the story mode too or some shit like that? all that for the same base price as Battlefront. Its clear as day which one is the better value.

Grief.exe

It's the Bethesda game circle.
Announcement: Love
Pre-release details: Hate
Release and game: Love
Aftermath: Hate

Many AAA games actually have the same cycle. During the infatuation period right after the games released people get swept up in the 9.8/10 IGN review and all the marketing 'hype,' any descenting opinions get swept away in the madness.
Once that period passes, people start to break down the mechanics and begin to objectively discuss the mechanics.
Case in point, Skyrim. When the game was released it made its way into the top 5 of the best RPGs of all time list on GAF. Now that the infatuation period is over, it's outside of the top 30.

its more like CoD is actually giving you a bang for your buck, unlike star wars. star wars is online only, will have micro transactions even if it doesn't launch with it and then you still have to pay for the new maps. thats a straight up rip off imo. Sure CoD has a map pack too but you get a story mode, multiplayer, survival mode(which from my understanding also has a story mode this time as well?), twin stick shooter mode, and something after the story mode too or some shit like that? all that for the same base price as Battlefront. Its clear as day which one is the better value.

Counter Strike?

The feel of getting gud.

Dr Dogg

I think you mean communities rather than games. Round these parts for example there tends to be an air of toxicity regardless of the game as it's more a subsection of posters can't wait to turn the knife if they sense any weakness. Sure they might gravitate towards large budget titles but some of the same folks can't wait to tell you how shit indie games are and how they'd rather not have them as part of their consoles subscription service. And it's not like you need a majority or even a large group to give a title a negative impression. The idiom throw a cat amongst the pigeons fits really quite well in this case. End of the day if you want a well reasoned debate about your hobbies, regardless what they are, don't do it on the internet with randoms.

Eternia

I bought from Amazon and got separate keys FML. lol.
Yeah, I bought the Amazon pack way back as well. Kind of stings that those people (plus separate DLC buyers) will get hosed while others that probably bought the cheaper franchise pack lately will benefit instead.

If I see any more ROTR footage I fear I'm going to do something very stupid.

You mean like buying an X1 instead of waiting 4 months for the game to come out on PC. Wonder if I'll ever see that copy I "won"... ;)

I wonder why...

Probably because most people have him on ignore... or, y'know, they just skip over his posts because of all the previous incidents.

Too much info is my guess.

Keep guessing. ;)

Oh i have found source for that Fallout 4 claim

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra..._can_walk_across_fallout_4_map_in_11_minutes/

Or you can see webm directly here (quote to reveal)

/r/pcmasterrace? yuck.

Dr Dogg

You mean like buying an X1 instead of waiting 4 months for the game to come out on PC. Wonder if I'll ever see that copy I "won"... ;)

That might seem like genius to some folks. And no I totally didn't almost crack last week and almost bought an Xbone for Halo 5 let alone covet one today with TR DE and ROTR for £300ish.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, I bought the Amazon pack way back as well. Kind of stings that those people (plus separate DLC buyers) will get hosed while others that probably bought the cheaper franchise pack lately will benefit instead.

Kind of? I'm in the same boat having purchased the game shortly after release and buying the "Season Pass" and all the extra DLC as it was released. I played the first 1/3 of the game or so but never finished it. When the new "remastered" edition was announced I thought "eh, that's cool I might pick that up (on the PS4 since physical)".

Now that I see the dev fucking people over with their Steam upgrades, they're on my shit list. Meaning not only will I refuse to pay for the upgrade, but I no longer plan on picking up the physical release.

I get it that remastering a game takes time, effort, and money and that people deserve to be paid for their work. But when you're giving that upgrade away for free to people who paid less than I did, why would you expect me to be happy to pay for?

Dr Dogg

Unless the Deathinative edition has some serious fat trimming to the needlessly long game length I think Nordic might be doing a few of us a favour. 20 pissing hours Darksiders II took me to finish and it could have been 10 and got across the same story and gameplay.

fallout

Many AAA games actually have the same cycle. During the infatuation period right after the games released people get swept up in the 9.8/10 IGN review and all the marketing 'hype,' any descenting opinions get swept away in the madness.
Yep. I also think this has a way of working against games that end up in that hype cycle. When the thing people created in their heads doesn't match the reality of what the game is, the backlash can be pretty intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom