• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Hmmmmm now I'm in two minds do I buy all the DSII DLC I'm missing which is just shitty disposable weapons mind and the soundtrack or do I just suck it up and take 80% off or do I wait until the thing is out in the wild and see how that goes and pick it up later on down the road at an inevitable discount for probably the same amount. Saying that the wording does seem like OG Darksiders II might be getting removed as of tomorrow unless I'm interpreting 'this version will be offline with release of the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition' wrong.

Kga4qpr.jpg

Becauce.

Just checked some games released in the last 2 months to add to my wishlist. What is that?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/339910/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_17

From the trailer: The Boobs!

Milamber alert!
Wishlisted. ;)

hO3wl5H.jpg

wooooooow

I'm not following this exactly -- you only get the remake of Darksiders II if you bought the franchise pack on Steam, otherwise it's 80% off?

So if it's a $40 game, you can "upgrade" for $8?
I don't think they're going to get a lot of upgrades that way...

I think Im going to subscribe to the humble monthly, their first bundle has to be amazing if they want it to succeed right ?

You would think so, but almost nothing in life is guaranteed...
I've subbed, but I expect I will get 0 games I don't own and will end up disappointed outside of being able to gift my friends some decent games.

Hmmmmm now I'm in two minds do I buy all the DSII DLC I'm missing which is just shitty disposable weapons mind and the soundtrack or do I just suck it up and take 80% off or do I wait until the thing is out in the wild and see how that goes and pick it up later on down the road at an inevitable discount for probably the same amount. Saying that the wording does seem like OG Darksiders II might be getting removed as of tomorrow unless I'm interpreting 'this version will be offline with release of the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition' wrong.

Does that work?
Can you buy the soundtrack if it's all your missing from the franchise pack content?
Or are they talking about the actual sub for the franchise pack being tied to your account?

Ok, so... $6 for the upgrade or $5 for the soundtrack... still iffy. The lack of owning the soundtrack (or the lack of having the actual franchise pack license), shouldn't prevent them from doing something for previous owners.

Oh well. Will wait to see what happens with people trying to upgrade by just grabbing the soundtrack.

What are the guesses ?

Games I've seen mentioned as guesses:
Beseiged, Gat out of Hell, Valkyria, Sunless Sea, Rogue Legacy, Torchlight 2

fantomena

Probably late, but GOG has startet "Big Fall Sale".

http://www.gog.com/

Big Fall Sale
Frequently Asked Questions

1) How long will the Big Fall Sale last?
The Big Fall Sale will last for 11 days, starting on November 4 at 2:00 PM GMT and ending on November 15, 1:59 PM GMT.

2) How can I earn free games?
As you make purchases during the Big Fall Sale you will earn free games, you'll receive a free game when you spent $5, $15, and $30 in total while the sale lasts.
Spend $5 or more to receive: System Shock 2
Spend $15 or more to receive: Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Spend $30 or more to receive: Banished
Every purchase on GOG.com counts towards your total, so you don't need to buy everything in a single order or on a discount. The front page displays a counter informing you how much you need to spend until your next reward.
You can change your preferred currency at any time during the sale, but please keep in mind that reward progress is tracked separately for every currency and cannot be transferred. For example, if you start shopping in USD and switch to EUR, you will start from zero - however, you can always go back to USD and pick up where you left off.

3) How, and when, will I receive my free game?
Once you start unlocking games, you can find the redeemable game keys by clicking on the "Unlocked" message on the progress banner. We'll also automatically email you a gift code redeemable at gog.com/redeem soon after you unlock the reward. You can claim it for yourself or pass it on to a friend. It might take a few hours for the message to be delivered, so please be patient. The codes will expire on December 15, 11:59 PM GMT.

4) What are Daily Deals & Bundles?
Daily Deals are single-game discounts - they last for 24 hours, with new deals being added every 12 hours.
In Daily Bundles, you'll achieve the highest discount by purchasing the entire bundle (or all the games you are missing from that bundle). You can also purchase single games from the bundle at a smaller discount.
Some bundles are Build Your Own Bundles - here, your discount will increase with every additional game you buy - select 5 or more for the maximum discount. Games you already own will count towards the discount level.

5) What are Featured games?
Featured games are a selection of new releases on GOG.com and our favorite deals on the Big Fall Sale.

6) How do refunds work during the sale?
All of your purchases are refundable per our refund policy (you can find it here). If a refund takes your total back under a reward tier, we reserve the right to remove the game from your GOG.com account.

http://www.gog.com/support/support_view/big_fall_sale_faq_en

Dr Dogg

Does that work?
Can you buy the soundtrack if it's all your missing from the franchise pack content?
Or are they talking about the actual sub for the franchise pack being tied to your account?

Sometimes yes as I've had it where I've bought all apps for a sub (I think Civ V complete or something) and it shows you are owning it despite you buying them piecemeal. Other times it doesn't like Borderlands 2 GOTY edition as I own everything from their but it doesn't register as me owning that particular sub. Some Ubisoft titles are the same too but with DLC items. For example I own everything AssCreed on Steam but apparently I don't own the individual DLC Items that show up on the store for III or Black Flag due to getting them granted to me via their season passes. End of the day it's a gamble that could be pissing away money and probably wont work at all going by madjoki's post about getting them individually from Amazon.

Jawmuncher

A 10% discount? It's like they don't want me to buy it.

I almost wish they would have done a Free 2 Play weekend with no discount.
Just so we could shake our heads even more.

Sometimes yes as I've had it where I've bought all apps for a sub (I think Civ V complete or something) and it shows you are owning it despite you buying theme piecemeal. Other times it does like Borderlands 2 GOTY edition as I own everything from their but it doesn't register as me owning that particular sub. Some Ubisoft titles are the same too but with DLC items. For example I own everything AssCreed on Steam but I don't own the individual DLC Items for III or Black Flag due to getting them granted to me via their season passes. End of the day it's a gamble that could be pissing away money and probably wont work at all going by madjoki's post about getting them individually from Amazon.

Yeah it's not worth the gamble to save 1 dollar. Since either you save a dollar, or you end up paying 11 for your 80% discount technically.
Unless they PC price is 19.99 but looking at the current Darksiders 2 price, that's doubtful.

That's one hideous site, I think I'll stick with gaf.... at least until it becomes niche too.

edited: so what exactly we get? I'm talking about Darksiders, wording is rather confusing.

Too late. GAF is already niche. Just not as niche as some other things. :p

And if you own Darksiders II, I think you get an 80% discount on the "Death"finitive edition.
If you own the Franchise pack, you get the upgrade free, I think.

Arthea

Too late. GAF is already niche. Just not as niche as some other things. :p

And if you own Darksiders II, I think you get an 80% discount on the "Death"finitive edition.
If you own the Franchise pack, you get the upgrade free, I think.
ohyou.jpg

damn.... I should have picked dlcs
wait, that doesn't count as buying full pack, does it?

edited: I mean I have both games but only one dlc.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've finally completed the first mission of Knife of Dunwall after two unsuccessful attempts (the first time through I realised I'd forgotten to buy the favour that gives you an additional rune to find while the second time I encountered this issue). Just as well, too, as I'd settled on dropping the idea of playing through the DLC if something went awry yet again.

Dr Dogg

That reminds me a screwing up a Deus Ex HR Pacafists run because the stupid game killed someone I popped to the side of a wall I punched through as a shortcut. I very carefully knocked them out and made sure they were very gently put down but no bullshit game screwed me out of the achievement which I only worked out when I saw it pop up on the results screen and had no decent save prior to that.

Still not as bad as Mad Max 3 totally dicking me out or the Hard difficulty and no auto aim achievements on 360. All because I dared to enter the settings menu.

M.D

I'm currently plying Old World Blues and plan on playing Dead Money and Lonesome Road as well, but I'm not when should I finish the main quest? I know you can't continue playing after you've finished it so that's tricky. I don't know how many possible locations or quests I'm still missing around the map and I wouldn't want to finish the game without doing those

Is the explorer perk worth taking so I could see the locations I haven't discovered yet?

Arthea

Guess that would explain why half my orders are failing. Grabbed a few anyway.

I can get no free stuff these days, indiegala wasn't sending me Lucius activation, when it did, "giveaway is over now" activation message appeared, none of Amazone freebies were available for me. *sighs
probably it's time to let free stuff go

Ludens

Banned
It seems Nordic won't give the free upgrade to DS1+DS2+Season Pass owners.
They can keep their game, I hated DS2 anyway because it was boring as hell, compared to DS1, that is great.

madjoki

Ok, so... $6 for the upgrade or $5 for the soundtrack... still iffy. The lack of owning the soundtrack (or the lack of having the actual franchise pack license), shouldn't prevent them from doing something for previous owners.

Oh well. Will wait to see what happens with people trying to upgrade by just grabbing the soundtrack.

Owning all DLC isn't enough, you need to have bought Franchise pack as a single steam code. (At least Amazon gave separate codes).

Most loyal fans wouldn't have bought that, they would've bought games separately. Which is why decision is very weird.

Even Neocore is doing this with Van Helsing Final Cut, so it can't be impossible as they say.

Arthea

Owning all DLC isn't enough, you need to have bought Franchise pack as a single steam code. (At least Amazon gave separate codes).

Most loyal fans wouldn't have bought that, they would've bought games separately. Which is why decision is very weird.

Even Neocore is doing this with Van Helsing Final Cut, so it can't be impossible as they say.

if that's the case, that's a mean thing to do as it screws all early buyers me included, otoh business as usual. That will teach us to wait for franchise packs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My initial thought was, "Eh, 80% off is good enough", but I just remembered that I bought the franchise pack a while back as it was (and still is) the only way to get the Darksiders OST DLC. The DLC's own store sub was yanked shortly after going up as the soundtrack is included in the game's installation folder by default.

Dr Dogg

That's what I find a little odd as although Neocore did alluded to it being a little difficult and they might need to work things out with Valve they do say just buy what you have missing games wise and they'll grant youy Final Cut free. Even Daedalic managed tiered discounts for owners of Deponia titles at varrying rates per owned title.

Arthea

That's what I find a little odd as although Neocore did alluded to it being a little difficult and they might need to work things out with Valve they do say just buy what you have missing games wise and they'll grant youy Final Cut free. Even Daedalic managed tiered discounts for owners of Deponia titles at varrying rates per owned title.

Everything is hard to do when you don't particularly want to do it in the first place.
They probably just are trying to avoid giving it away to buyers of bundles, that indiegala bundle had separate keys, not a franchise pack, no?
That's only reason I can think of.

dex3108

Man Rise of Tomb Raider better be long game because people are streaming it left and right (official streams by IGN, Youtubers etc.).

Also i heard that Fallout 4 map is "small". Some guy apparently walked across the map in 11 minutes. Maybe is only tutorial area or something like that i don't know. I don;t have real source for this except my friends word that he saw it somewhere (reddit, stream...).

derFeef

Man Rise of Tomb Raider better be long game because people are streaming it left and right (official streams by IGN, Youtubers etc.).

Also i heard that Fallout 4 map is "small". Some guy apparently walked across the map in 11 minutes. Maybe is only tutorial area or something like that i don't know. I don;t have real source for this except my friends word that he saw it somewhere (reddit, stream...).

I always find such measures pretty meaningless. Same as "biggest open world map ever". Who cares if there is nothing in it, or only bad stuff.

Dr Dogg

If I see any more ROTR footage I fear I'm going to do something very stupid.

Everything is hard to do when you don't particularly want to do it in the first place.
They probably just are trying to avoid giving it away to buyers of bundles, that indiegala bundle had separate keys, not a franchise pack, no?
That's only reason I can think of.

I'm sure it's because of technical reasons :p

I'm surprised Kyd still does game soundtracks.

He has always been superb. I would have thought he would have moved to greener pastures of hollywood by now.

He has mentioned before that he has more freedom in video game soundtracks than any of his TV or film projects. When he comes to a video game projects, studios often say they want electronic or orchestra in general but that's it. Often companies will bend over backwards to match his music's beats. In film, the director will often come in with an existing piece of music and say they want a new piece that sounds exactly like it, just changed enough to avoid copyright and matches up with a moving picture, which they will be editing while he makes the sound track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom