• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
"technical reasons"

I think the reason is this one: people who bought Darksiders 1, Darksiders 2 and its season pass (and eventually other DLCs as well) are:

-fans of the franchise
-completists who collect all pieces of DLC (even weapons/soundtracks)

Those people will probably buy the Definitive Edition again, for one reason or another (according to Nordic, of course).

People who bought the franchise pack are probably people not really interested in the franchise, they saw a good deal, the game looked interesting, they bought it, so they probably won't spend other money on Definitive.

So again make money on "loyal" fans.

M.D

Wait... I don't remember that you couldn't continue after the end of the main quest. I fairly sure you could but maybe I used a mod.. I'm seriously fuzzy on all that and i don't know why.

SPOILER! DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED NEW VEGAS
The way I remember it: You have the battle at the dam, you beat everyone with your Yes Man army, then you go back to the Vegas tower, Yes Man says he found a new program and he wouldn't be so obedient any more, roll credits, then you are back in the game and can play any remaining quest.

Anyways, Old World Blues is the best part of Fallout New Vegas so you might feel a bit let down by the rest of the game.

I found this answer on the Steam forums

"The game doesn't continue, however if you speak to
Mr House / Yes Man / Ceaser
you will get a confirmation dialog box telling you, you cannot return. Should you choose to continue to the final quest however a SYSTEM save is created prior to your selection, so you can effectively go back and do other things, including DLC.

Long story short.
Go do the final quest, then load a save marked as SYS when you want to play your DLC"

I guess I'll just finish all the DLC and then take the explorer pack to reveal places I haven't found yet on the map, because I have did a ton of quests and discovered most of the map, so it won't be too big a deal

Old World Blues is awesome! The dialogue is so great

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
New BundleStars

Grab 12 awesome Steam games for the special price of only $1.99 and save 98% on captivating adventures, arcade madness, multiplayer stunt battles and even Chess-PS!

VIEW THE WORLDS APART BUNDLE[bstars.co]
Coin Crypt
Alexia Crow and the Cave of Heroes
Last Inua
Lovely Planet
Urja
Glorkian Warrior: The Trials of Glork
Crash Drive 2 - Includes extra copy for Steam inventory
Rituals
Starship Traveller
Relativity Wars - a Space Science RTS
Aaru's Awakening
The Architect
With 8 games including Stea

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/worlds-apart-bundle?utm_source=steamcommunity&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle%20worldsapart

Deques

I think the reason is this one: people who bought Darksiders 1, Darksiders 2 and its season pass (and eventually other DLCs as well) are:

-fans of the franchise

Those people will probably buy the Definitive Edition again, for one reason or another (according to Nordic, of course).

People who bought the franchise pack are probably people not really interested in the franchise, they saw a good deal, the game looked interesting, they bought it, so they probably won't spend other money on Definitive.

A fine way to be a douche
A was hoping to get to play the deathinitive edition of darksiders 2 since the original version was way too buggy to play

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

-fans of the franchise

Even if that wasn't their intention, it's certainly how it's coming off. But that's okay, like I said in the Steam forum I'll simply choose to vote with my wallet.

madjoki

You know it's even more BS since technically they can just offer to those who own the Season Pass. Since you have to own the game to have that.

That would've been good. It still misses those who bought SP content separately.

Worst thing is that some who bought exact same content get, while some do not, because they bought it from Amazon or separately. This is good only for those who bought it late from super discount.

L.O.R.D

so , there is a physical copy for the mmo game "Areeb world" being sold in some major retailer in my country

N6VLhz2.jpg

the ministry of education and one university in my country made big celebration for the release of this game

but it's mmo , so i really don't care much

it's priced $54

======================

in other news

qpTPayc.jpg

it's the US prices after all , i was hoping we get the RU prices
because there is not many arab people paying for steam games , so this will encourage them to buy more

but maybe the games will be cheaper ? i really hope so

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
it's the US prices after all , i was hoping we get the RU prices
because there is many arab people paying for steam games , so this will encourage them to buy more

This just means that your existing wallet balance will be converted. The price of games in your region will be set by the publishers and will likely be changed for most things.

Locust

Anyone else noticed that some unused humble keys have been revealed automatically? Seems to mostly be keys from the gift link bundles. Already found a few bundles that had this happen with some of their games (Warner bundle, HB11).

Jawmuncher

What exactly is the differences between the original PC release and the re-release anyway?

Deathinitive Edition Features:
Darksiders 2 with All DLCs* included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours *(Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov's Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher's Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul's Tomb).
Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows.
Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics.
Running in native 1080p resolution.
Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution

You can basically see it as an enhanced edition on PC.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/check-out-darksiders-2-definitive-edition-comparis/1100-6428496/

Soulflarz

Banned
Leftovers time! Someone out there is probably happy I'm using modbot and nolurkers :V

ModBot said:
Instructions for Soulflarz:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Soulflarz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lovely Planet- -- MB-DFB325D30DA0BC49 - Taken by Purkake4

Parsnip

Eh, I'm okay with the -80% discount for Super Darksiders 2.
I think the developers deserve to be compensated for their work.

jshackles

killer of dreams.

Well in LORD's case living in a region that typically wouldn't be able to afford US prices, most games will probably end up being much cheaper when priced specifically for his region.

Jawmuncher

The complaint is more tied to that the tiers are all kinds of off.
So for example if I bought Darksiders 2 and the Season Pass day 1 for example (Lets say already owning Darksiders 1) and then decided to buy the soundtrack later.

I get 80% off, while someone who went and bought the franchise pack at 10 dollars on steam last holiday sale gets the game for free.

zkylon

zkylewd
I found this answer on the Steam forums

"The game doesn't continue, however if you speak to
Mr House / Yes Man / Ceaser
you will get a confirmation dialog box telling you, you cannot return. Should you choose to continue to the final quest however a SYSTEM save is created prior to your selection, so you can effectively go back and do other things, including DLC.

Long story short.
Go do the final quest, then load a save marked as SYS when you want to play your DLC"

I guess I'll just finish all the DLC and then take the explorer pack to reveal places I haven't found yet on the map, because I have did a ton of quests and discovered most of the map, so it won't be too big a deal

Old World Blues is awesome! The dialogue is so great
yeah that'd be a smart thing to do

i dunno in which order you've been doing the dlc, but yeah, owb is a really high point in many ways. most ppl don't like lonesome road but i actually enjoyed it quite a lot. each dlc was unique and interesting in its own way.

dead money is my favorite because the mca characters are really well done, but owb is hilarious and lr is a cool epilogue to the whole dlc "season". honest hearts is the one that i felt was a bit of a letdown, because the burned man is such a mythical figure in the game prior to that and then you get really little time to talk to him or see him in action. it's still good dlc but it's the one i liked the least

but anyways, all of new vegas is super awesome, definitely on my shortlist of favorites of all time

Grief.exe

It's unfortunate for the collectors, but for my personally situation seems like a good deal.

I've never played Darksiders II, but I own a copy with no season pass. 80% off seems like with good deal with the upgraded effects and DLC content included. Game always looked like something I would be interested in.

Jawmuncher

It's unfortunate for the collectors, but for my personally situation seems like a good deal.

I've never played Darksiders II, but I own a copy with no season pass. 80% off seems like with good deal with the upgraded effects and DLC content included. Game always looked like something I would be interested in.

That's the main thing, just seems really off to go "This is for the fans" and the biggest ones aren't going to get the best deal.

zkylon

zkylewd
lovely planet is a really cool game i wish i wasn't so bad at

anyone ever beat it?

i got stuck in the silent hill mist world

The 80% discount isn't bad itself.

The problem I have, and that a lot of people are being vocal about, is that some people are getting it free because they "own" a specific version of the game on Steam, but others who own the same content (save maybe a soundtrack), have to pay for it. I'd say it's a dick move and a good way to alienate your customer base; no better way to piss off your customers then by telling them they lose out on a technically, thanks but pay us for the game.

I'll probably bitterly pay my $6 before the discount ends if nothing changes because I liked both games and would like to see more from the franchise... but I can certainly understand why other people in my position will just up and say "screw you, I'm not giving you money when you're rewarding late buyers instead of early adopters for their "loyalty"."

Hektor

I for one own the franchise pack, so im fairly happy with what i get, but its really not a cool move from Nordic, since hardcore fans most likely bought all the stuff individually as they released and therefore also paid more money in the process than all other people.

If there is someone who desevers a "Fan-Reward" its them. Not Scrooges like me who bought it in a sale for 13 Bucks.

Jawmuncher

To future reinforce why people are mad for those not picking up on it, this sums it up.
untitled2cejps.png

This User get's a free game, the people who bought all of this stuff Day 1 don't.

Chariot

The complaint is more tied to that the tiers are all kinds of off.
So for example if I bought Darksiders 2 and the Season Pass day 1 for example (Lets say already owning Darksiders 1) and then decided to buy the soundtrack later.

I get 80% off, while someone who went and bought the franchise pack at 10 dollars on steam last holiday sale gets the game for free.
Plus, I got the game, just the base game for a few bucks on a sale and I am also entitled to the 80%. It's unfair for those who invested in the DLC and the game very early.

Grief.exe

I'm thinking about playing Fallout 1 with the release of Fallout 4.

I've actually never played the game since I was a little young when it was initially released.

Knurek

ModBot said:
Instructions for Knurek:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rituals -- MB-EEC5072CDCCDBCFF - Taken by Jalal. 9 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-9DF2618A19943E4B - Taken by TWILT. 4 entrants total.
Glorkian Warrior -- MB-79D37940F35D216D - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
Last Inua -- MB-8439B05012CFFEC4 - Taken by madjoki. 2 entrants total.

t1446660421z1.png

If you win, play those games, really.

Pachimari

Thinking of buying Black Ops 3 at Funstock just to get the Nuketown map, but that would be ridiculous now that I already pre-ordered at GMG. I'll just be bummed out, if I don't get to play on Nuketown.

The only solution here is that no one gets it for free

It's a bad game anyway

It's a fine game, if you like the genres it fits into.

But the more "fair" solution would be to do as many other "upgraded" versions have done before them: offer tiered discounts based on how much you actually own.

Thinking of buying Black Ops 3 at Funstock just to get the Nuketown map, but that would be ridiculous now that I already pre-ordered at GMG. I'll just be bummed out, if I don't get to play on Nuketown.

Cancel GMG preorder, place Funstock order.
Buy Nuketown when it's inevitably available post launch.
Buy both and raffle the GMG code to SteamGAF.

You have a bunch of options.

dex3108

OMG Ubisoft sales are down for the first half of the fiscal year. They are done! Oh wait what the hell Ubisoft released in first half of the fiscal year? xD

BTW i played some Laser Tag today and graphics was amazing. They used smoke to hide some bad corners but all in all good level design and good graphics. 9/10 would play again (i still prefer paintball it is more realistic game). xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom