• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

I'm loving the idea that it only takes 11 minutes to walk across the entire thing. I know someone that's been playing for over 5 hours and still said "It's too early to give an opinion"

Plus he says there is tons of "vertical space"

Basically, I'd much rather have compact environments rather than need to use fast travel mechanics.

Also, had I known that Bethesda was this free wheeling with review codes, I probably should have asked for one. They usually just shoot me down.

I'm loving the idea that it only takes 11 minutes to walk across the entire thing. I know someone that's been playing for over 5 hours and still said "It's too early to give an opinion"

Basically, I'd much rather have compact environments rather than need to use fast travel mechanics.

Also, had I known that Bethesda was this free wheeling with review codes, I probably should have asked for one. They usually just shoot me down.
Aw man you didnt even try? U suck

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's also in main game, so nothing lost
expect +1 DLC
My initial thought was, "Eh, 80% off is good enough", but I just remembered that I bought the franchise pack a while back as it was (and still is) the only way to get the Darksiders OST DLC. The DLC's own store sub was yanked shortly after going up as the soundtrack is included in the game's installation folder by default.

;)

Lain

As noted, Jase meant the OST for the first game. It's kind of funny that in the franchise pack list the OST for the first game isn't even listed, but on steamDB it's noted as being part of the package.

I guess I'd be getting the 80% off coupon because I own every single DLC except the OST for the first game which is not purchasable on Steam, isn't in the list of the franchise pack on Steam and as such I never felt the need to buy the franchise pack because... why the fuck would I buy a franchise pack I basically already own for.

Their heart is in the right place about offering the game for free or discounted based on what one owns already, but their mind is in the gutter about how they tackled it on, if the need to own the franchise pack specifically is really the only way to get the remaster for free.

Knurek

Interplay collection on GOG is mine.

You win, Brian Fargo or whoever is running the company now. Can't say no to Toonstruck, Stonekeep and Redneck Rampage for $.59 a piece.

Dr Dogg

Considering you've just joined the 4K club (I've got to do something to justify my purchase by imagining an 'exclusive' club) I'm surprised you didn't. Then again would you feel obliged to get a couple of vids up?

JaseC

As noted, Jase meant the OST for the first game. It's kind of funny that in the franchise pack list the OST for the first game isn't even listed, but on steamDB it's noted as being part of the package.

Steam doesn't list included items that don't have a store page. If nothing else, it does help to prevent people from wondering if an item in a given sub that just redirects to the front page is actually included.

GaussTek

So, if I own Darksiders I & II, but none of the DLC's, will I still get the 80% off for Deathinitive Edition... or any discount at all?

Deques

Was gone for the whole day for a customer meeting, and will be gone for another day tomorrow.

Just read that Darksiders Franchise owners will get Deathinitive edition for free and all other with most of the dlcs will get an 80% off discount.

If I understand it correctly then if I bought all dlcs separately or got the entire franchise pack from somewhere I won't get the Deathinitive edition for free?

Yep. I also think this has a way of working against games that end up in that hype cycle. When the thing people created in their heads doesn't match the reality of what the game is, the backlash can be pretty intense.

And this is why we wont get Half-Life 3.

JaseC

So, if I own Darksiders I & II, but none of the DLC's, will I still get the 80% off for Deathinitive Edition?

If you own the franchise pack in particular, you'll get the DE for free; if you own Darksiders 2, you'll get 80% off the DE; if you own neither, you'll get the same 20% launch window discount as everyone else. The original Darksiders isn't a factor.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If I understand it correctly then if I bought all dlcs separately or got the entire franchise pack from somewhere I won't get the Deathinitive edition for free?

Only if you purchased the "Franchise Pack" (single key or store purchase) are you eligible to receive the game for free, apparently. Those of us that bought the DLC separately are expected to pay for the "upgrade".

Kaleinc

Banned
Their heart is in the right place about offering the game for free or discounted based on what one owns already, but their mind is in the gutter about how they tackled it on, if the need to own the franchise pack specifically is really the only way to get the remaster for free.
I don't think rerelease has anything to offer to anyone who played Darksiders 2, nothing missed really.

Dsyndrome

I don't even remember when or where I got the Franchise Pack, it's going to the back burner regardless.

I do want to know why it's technically impossible to give folks who own everything of Darksiders 2 the Deathinitive Edition, licensing issues? Have they been talking to Pete Hines?

Deques

Only if you purchased the "Franchise Pack" (single key or store purchase) are you eligible to receive the game for free, apparently. Those of us that bought the DLC separately are expected to pay for the "upgrade".

This sucks completely. Because I bought franchise pack from Amazon and they gave me separate keys

Phawx

Aw man you didnt even try? U suck

I am built this way. When I'm introduced to stimulus the first time, unless something radically different has happened since then, I expect the same result to happen.

Considering you've just joined the 4K club (I've got to do something to justify my purchase by imagining an 'exclusive' club) I'm surprised you didn't. Then again would you feel obliged to get a couple of vids up?

I do have the game preordered. But the wrench in the works is my R9 290. It doesn't support 4k encoding. I could lean on my CPUs of which I have a large supply. Think it will be too tight.

I hear Playclaw has managed to be very efficient with AMD's AMF. I'll try to record some Witcher 3 4k tonight using softencode and playclaw and see what happens. I don't anticipate success, but I'll let you know.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So uhh....anybody else bought Blops 3 at Funstock? Did you get your key yet? I'm having a hard time finding that damn key on their site.

GaussTek

If you own the franchise pack in particular, you'll get the DE for free; if you own Darksiders 2, you'll get 80% off the DE; if you own neither, you'll get the same 20% launch window discount as everyone else. The original Darksiders isn't a factor.

Ahh that's great then, I'm really ok with the 80% off. Thank God I held back on buying the Season Pass and DLC's separately, now I'll just get DE for cheap.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This sucks completely. Because I bought franchise pack from Amazon and they gave me separate keys

It sucks worse for those of us that bought the game and all it's DLCs separately, but I feel for ya.

Backlogger

So all those stupid Borderlands 2 skins were free on Amazon? How did I miss that?

On Darksiders 2, I passed up deals on that so many times because I wanted it to get cheaper. I guess that won't happen again for a while now.

Sajjaja

I own everything in the franchise pack except the soundtrack.... What a jip...how much will the deathinitive edition cost?

jshackles

I own everything in the franchise pack except the soundtrack.... What a jip...how much will the deathinitive edition cost?

Looks like they'll be charging $6 for the upgrade

Salsa

Fargo is probably the best TV show in the last 20 years or so.

Afterbirth DLC is great.

these are two of my opinions

L.O.R.D

just tried the first 5 levels of sonic LW on the wiiU

WTF is this shit ?

i can't believe this is called sonic game , and it's just like Tizoc said , there is button to make Sonic run faster or you will end make sonic walk all the way
the normal 3D levels are the worse , and the control feel sluggish and i died many times because of bad environment

the speed level ( Hex levels ) is enjoyable but they could port this levels to the mobile

somehow , i feel sonic boom is better

just tried the first 5 levels of sonic LW on the wiiU

WTF is this shit ?

i can't believe this is called sonic game , and it's just like Tizoc said , there is button to make Sonic run faster or you will end make sonic walk all the way
the normal 3D levels are the worse , and the control feel sluggish and i died many times because of bad environment

the speed level ( Hex levels ) is enjoyable but they could port this levels to the mobile

somehow , i feel sonic boom is better

Sonic Boom is an actually broken game though. Not defending Lost World as I haven't played it but, I doubt it's worse than that.

madjoki

So all those stupid Borderlands 2 skins were free on Amazon? How did I miss that?

All except 6 newest, but probably still enough skins until you get bored of game.

I don't even remember when or where I got the Franchise Pack, it's going to the back burner regardless.

I do want to know why it's technically impossible to give folks who own everything of Darksiders 2 the Deathinitive Edition, licensing issues? Have they been talking to Pete Hines?

Yup. I mean this is very much similar what Neocore is doing with Van Helsing 1-3, if you bought all you get Final Cut free.

Looks like they'll be charging $6 for the upgrade

Which is quite normal discounted price for an old game. So not something to get excited about. (Orignal still works).

Steam doesn't list included items that don't have a store page. If nothing else, it does help to prevent people from wondering if an item in a given sub that just redirects to the front page is actually included.

I wonder why steam doesn't do proper error pages or just add this product is no longer available for purchase and keep store page with info up.

So uhh....anybody else bought Blops 3 at Funstock? Did you get your key yet? I'm having a hard time finding that damn key on their site.

No key yet...it'll be in your Order Details

Click "My Account" on the main page
Then click "View Order" on the order that's for Black Ops III
The key will be added to that page when they release them

Amzin

I'm sad I totally missed the Isaac DLC thing before it hit. I haven't convinced myself to splurge the whole extra $4 on it since there's multiple sale periods on the way and FO4 around the bend.

JaseC

I'm confused as to wether or not I have it.
I get that it won't count as a +1 but it's still there right?

It will count as a +1. Enable Steam's console (append -dev or -console to the target line of a shortcut) and type in licenses_for_app 50650 -- if the reported "license packageID" is either 18777 or 19025, then you'll be getting the DE for free.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
No key yet...it'll be in your Order Details

Click "My Account" on the main page
Then click "View Order" on the order that's for Black Ops III
The key will be added to that page when they release them

Ah thanks. I was just confused cause they sent me a "GET YOUR KEY" mail but that seems just to be a standard email.

I feel the same. Played a bit just Cause and while I appreciate the huge world and that I actually can reach any place visible, it feels like a vast emptiness which gets more and more boring to traverse.
dunno if this was posted before but here
The Graphics Technology of Fallout 4
Fallout4_graph01.jpg

Fallout4_graph02.jpg

Fallout4_graph03.jpg

Fallout4_graph06.jpg

Fallout4_Panorama1.jpg
Pretty great IQ, likely downsampled. Looking good.

jshackles

Jawmuncher

"technical reasons"

You know it's even more BS since technically they can just offer to those who own the Season Pass. Since you have to own the game to have that.

I want to make a thread, but I know it's just going to turn into "being entitled"
Especially since the console owners got no discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom