• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for The_Super_Inframan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Schein -- MB-EE7295447CBCC260 - Taken by dave is ok. 11 entrants total.
HUSH INTO THE DARKNESS -- MB-30C388B3D6812B33 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-400B44BCCDA58290 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 14 entrants total.
CT Special Forces Fire for Effect -- MB-3B1402DEC2E749A8 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.
MANOS The Hands of Fate-Director's Cut -- MB-436DA70119E3B489 - Taken by Jalal. 15 entrants total.
Pineview Drive -- MB-13F4D2DB939E9B96 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Joe's Diner -- MB-6A7383FF0ECB52A0 - Taken by nightstorm. 6 entrants total.
Flesh Eaters -- MB-CC7AB339A86910FC - Taken by bkw. 6 entrants total.
The Rollingball's Melody -- MB-DB689C39EF40FDA4 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Spaceport Hope -- MB-1AD11DE8FDE04427 - Taken by Vlad. 13 entrants total.
The Adventures of Tree -- MB-D6D53B9134741049 - Taken by anastef. 3 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Lilith Pack -- MB-99E89F5C34CA591C - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.
Real Boxing -- MB-638A60ECD7FBCFC1 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 5 entrants total.
StarMade -- MB-185D95692EFDAB15 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
OWYS -- MB-20892D68BAD6211E - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
SilverQuest Gaiden -- MB-3307B4C1A0C32FD5 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 5 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
Pillar -- MB-964EAB534191222B - Taken by Stronghammer22. 3 entrants total.
Oozi Earth Adventure -- MB-08A8A6AC403FBC70 - Taken by arts&crafts. 3 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-D6A64898D75604D9 - Taken by jgalat. 2 entrants total.
Clergy Splode -- MB-F0DC20885770A1C2 - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-9BC3A21B6D258A94 - Taken by xGreg. 4 entrants total.
Alpha Runner -- MB-86C6828D154B2350 - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Woof Blaster -- MB-7FB83793065A0A8B - Taken by Mikaju. 3 entrants total.
We Are Legion -- MB-6CC705235C284643 - Taken by SSPssp. 5 entrants total.
Lost Moon -- MB-9939934D4480C53A - Taken by Darth Kupi. 8 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-3B91067AF250B8F6 - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-CB7D52D9F3DA01CA - Taken by aw350. 3 entrants total.
The Silent Age -- MB-DD8389C223FE7287 - Taken by Natty1. 10 entrants total.
ASDAD All-Stars Dungeons and Diamonds -- MB-431823347770F5B0 - Taken by Eila. 5 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C77185B3CA869C7C
Call of Tomsk-7 -- MB-8FEFCA06E9F18823 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.

t1446674521z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
also how did u know i have a selfie folder in my desktop -__-

Oh yeah, I think hand drawn or even pixel-art would have looked a bit nicer too. I always enjoyed how much detail they were able to cram into the Ragnarok Online sprites, which still had multi-angles and hundreds of thousands of little trinkets to wear.

pFDnQsv.jpg

Hard to say for sure, but I think it'd have made the models age slightly better than the Pseudo-3D they used.
it's just not fair to compare anything to ro. ro is gorgeous

Fallout 2 actually has a 13-year timelimit.

I have hit it before.
that's cray, i've played fo2 runs for like 200 hours and actually haven't ever reached it

i bet the year limit is more of an inside joke or something like that in fo2

Cth

I'm debating on getting into Fallout 4 as well. I've got a weird history with the franchise.

The weird thing is, I love the series/setting, having grown up with the original Wasteland. That being said, I skipped the Fallout stuff (grabbed the GOG freebies naturally) until Fallout hit Xbox 360.

My wife was a huge Morrowind fan, but hated FPSs. She saw how hyped I was for the launch and begrudgingly gave it a shot, and I haven't been able to play the series since as a result. She's monopolized the series on console and replaying it on PC even. I've got a lot of other games to play, so I've been content to watch her play it.

That being said, I'm torn. I picked up Wasteland 2 recently and have been playing it which in turn makes me wanna give F4 a shot. The trouble is, I've got so many games to finish still. Also, even though I have a BB GCU discount, it's tempting to get a PS4 and XB1 version from Target's B2G1 free offer.

wait a second, I own everything in that franchise pack except for the soundtrack shit and I don't get the game for free? thats pretty dumb, whatever though. I probably do own the soundtrack and just never activated the key cause idon't care for that.

Amzin

I'm actually considering Blops 3 for some unknown reason. I sort of liked the campaign of the last CoD I played I guess... but I just feel like I SHOULDN'T want the game

Edit:: That bundle looks terrible to me

madjoki

wait a second, I own everything in that franchise pack except for the soundtrack shit and I don't get the game for free? thats pretty dumb, whatever though. I probably do own the soundtrack and just never activated the key cause idon't care for that.

It wouldn't even help.

Jazz573

Yeah, it's annoying. I own everything from the franchise pack, but I don't actually own the franchise pack. 80% off is still nice, but I would have much preferred to get it for free.

maty

It just doesn't make any sense to be doing it for their "supporters" when the only people actually getting freebies are people who picked up the franchise pack when it was severely discounted during a winter sale -- the late adopters/sale purchases getting a free upgrade is what isn't fair, especially since they're spinning the freebie as a "loyalty" reward of sorts.

Furthermore, I don't know what is "impossible" about their original idea, since other games use various sub ownership to determine a customer's discount for the new product. That seems like a "it's more effort than we're willing to put into it, so fsck everyone who doesn't have this one sub on their account."

I'm not nearly as riled up as most of the others who are commenting on it, but I can completely understand what they're mad about. It's the general principles of how they're handling it and who they're rewarding that are making people angry.

And outside of Jaw's suggestion of giving the free upgrade to people who own DSII + Season Pass (which they've claimed is "impossible", I believe), the only "fair" thing to do as far as I can figure is to remove the "freebie" for franchise pack owners and do a discount based on how many items you own, much like PixelJunk just did for Shooter Ultimate. That's just my opinion, though. :p

I agree with corrosivefrost. DIscount should be based on the amount of dlc you own for the original release.

For example, I won't get the remaster for free despite owning every piece of dlc and Darksiders 1 just because I got them separately from different stores. And that's totally unfair.

MUnited83

For you.
It's fucking expensive, that's what. :p

Considering the price of each thing, it seems right in line with what one would expect from such a bundle. I mean yeah, it's expensive and a bad deal, but we've known the price of the Season Pass and the Pip Boy edition for months...

just checked my amazon, i actually did buy the franchise pack, I don't see where the code for the soundtrack is though, strange. (i know it won't help but its still odd that I don't have it)

Jawmuncher

I'm actually considering Blops 3 for some unknown reason. I sort of liked the campaign of the last CoD I played I guess... but I just feel like I SHOULDN'T want the game

It has a ton of content so even at 40 you're gonna get your money's worth if you actually play it.

SP
MP
Zombies
SP Zombi Campaign
A top down shooter mode
Free Running Mode

Probably forgetting some others

Same here and the last CoD I played was MW. Treyarch's come a long way

Backlogger

So for $12 I get Legend of Grimrock 2 plus whatever is included in the first month (which we aren't 100% on at this point). Trying to figure out if it is going to be worth it. Just don't feel like spending $12 for +1's that I may or may not play.

Chariot

Does anyone remember a certain game,that just lighted up in the back of my head? It was ... set in an alien arena where factions had to fight each other on battlefields. You could get favours from outside. And I think it was RTS. Graphic was already dated when I played it 6-7 years ago. Not very specific, but it's rubbing me the wrong way.

Nabs

So for $12 I get Legend of Grimrock 2 plus whatever is included in the first month (which we aren't 100% on at this point). Trying to figure out if it is going to be worth it. Just don't feel like spending $12 for +1's that I may or may not play.

Backlogger

Does anyone remember a certain game,that just lighted up in the back of my head? It was ... set in an alien arena where factions had to fight each other on battlefields. You could get favours from outside. And I think it was RTS. Graphic was already dated when I played it 6-7 years ago. Not very specific, but it's rubbing me the wrong way.

Universe at War?

universe-at-war-earth-assault-20080311021220658_640w.jpg

Jazzpunk at 1€ stands out.
Games you remember, names you don't

chronomac

How to Survive and Jazzpunk are definitely worth $1. I have almost everything in the bundle except Secret Ponchos, though (because I missed all the giveaways).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Konami confirms closure of US-based Metal Gear Online studio

Promises to continue Metal Gear support

Konami has confirmed yesterday's reports that it closed Konami LA, the studio responsible for the Metal Gear Online portion of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

The Los Angeles studio, formerly Kojima Productions LA before Konami scrubbed the Metal Gear Solid creator's name from as many places as it could, opened in 2012 as part of the company's "commitment to expanding our development footprint," president Tomoyuki Tsuboi said at the time.

Now Konami's singing a different tune in a statement issued to Polygon:

"Konami has made the decision to close its Los Angeles Studio, effective immediately, due to the product development resources being restructured into a more centralized unit. This facility contributed to the recent Metal Gear Solid games. Konami will continue its operations to support all Metal Gear Solid titles, including the recently launched Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Online. Metal Gear Online is still scheduled to release for PC Steam in January 2016."

zkylon

zkylewd
psa: jazzpunk has spiders and bad jokes (sometimes good bad jokes, but more often than not really bad bad jokes)

I'm sorry I have superior taste in fallout games.

I try my best, I'm sorry.
you seem to feel sorry a lot, almost like you make a lot mistakes

maybe you should look into that

the clues are there, like the terrible fallout taste

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-4-pip-boy-complete-bundle/126678

Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Complete Bundle include :

Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition

Fallout 4 Season Pass

Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition Official Strategy Guide

only for $189.99
i guess there's a deal in there somewhere since i'm guessing the pipboy is really expensive standalone

i've been told last one was really bad so not sure if i'd go for that if i were someone that would be interested in it

myself i see pipboys as handy boxes like in the old games, not dumb oversized wristwatches, so it doesn't do anything for me

i'd go for the bobbleheads if they didn't look so bad

Hektor

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Overlord -- MB-DDF8AFD676B93718 - Taken by Vlad
Overlord II -- MB-4F7025488BD4BF99 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Shadowgate -- MB-A7140675C3D1714F - Taken by chronomac

S1n1st3r

Banned

Honestly that sounds like every Sci-Fi RTS ever.

RTS were never the cutting edge of graphics, it was always scale that defined them.

Was it weird and russian and voxel based with terrain deformation? Might be Perimeter or its sequel.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289440/

You think Halloween is over?????

NOTHIN'S OVER!!!!!

tumblr_lt6ilof5XR1qg2ps5o1_500_zpsvqnw3c4y.gif

ModBot said:
[highlight

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Costume Quest (Hint: THE UNICORN IS THE BEST HEALING UNIT AND PUMPKIN IS THE BEST FIGHTER SO USE THAT SHIT, YO) -- MB-2FAF52E3FF532676 - Taken by gurm3n

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

1hFaqwB.png
Kill Strain Beta PSN US -- MB-D0D23918EC93877F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom