• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Here was my response to them in the thread:

I know some folks who work in BD at Valve that could probably help them get this set up correctly. But PunishedSnake was probably right yesterday, they're hoping to get a little more money from the "game collectors" and "hardcore fans".

A very good gesture of you, but I don't think they will take the opportunity to ask you for your assistance :/

Phinor

Unsure if it was debunked or not about the Nuketown DLC exclusivity in the UK... I saw lashbot post something but didn't click it to investigate.

Nuketown is GAME exclusive in the UK but ONLY for retail copies. All digital pre-order copies will have Nuketown. It doesn't take much to realize GMG isn't selling digital copies of the game because they don't have Nuketown. They never explained why they don't have Nuketown, or why their keys will be late, but as I said, it's pretty obvious at this point.

(They are selling retail copies. Whether they open the boxes by hand or get a bunch of retail keys from another source, that's an open question.)

Turfster

"Lacklustre Assdicate sales are due to AssUnitard", says Ubisoft.
Sure, however you want to spin it.

Maybe just not fucking release a game a year?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of InfiniteNine, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Higurashi When They Cry Watanagashi -- MB-14857B3BE755DB90 - Taken by Jazz573. 16 entrants total.

t1446747184z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For some reason it's cracking me up every time I see Jawmuncher quoted in the Steam discussions and having his name censored.
Jaw♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Ruruja

"Lacklustre Assdicate sales are due to AssUnitard", says Ubisoft.
Sure, however you want to spin it.

Maybe just not fucking release a game a year?

I think a nice couple of years break before the next Assassin's Creed would do it wonders.

It would get rid of the fatigue everyone's built up from AC/FC's endless tower-climbing/hundreds of shit marker things. It's such a drag starting a new ubisoft open world game and seeing all that stuff after you've done it so many times.

Build up some anticipation for it and boom, back to nice big sales.

Fat chance they'll do it though.

Has funstock said when they're sending out Blops 3 keys exactly? Just want to make sure it'll happen at launch if I want to trudge through their hellish website again :p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Transformers Devastation DLC incoming next week

Features a trio of characters and three weapons.

Transformers Devastation turned out to be rather good, if a little short-lived, so perhaps a new DLC pack featuring three new characters and three new weapons will go down well amongst fans wanting more Autobot vs Decepticon action.

Nemesis Prime and the Dark Star Saber

ptimus' human-made clone, Nemesis Prime. He has all of Optimus Prime's strength, but he's controlled by the Decepticons, so he lacks Optimus' principles. Though, he does have tinted-red windows and a slick, black paint job. Nemesis wields the Dark Star Saber, a glowing sword that quickly reduces enemies to scrap.

Red Alert and the Photon Disruptor

Red Alert is the Autobot's Security Director, but he's a little on the paranoid side. In Transformers: Devastation, he makes up for that paranoia with the Photon Disruptor, a powerful weapon that gives him an advantage during ranged battles.

Goldfire and the Golden Hunter

Bumblebee is one of the friendliest-looking characters in the Autobot lineup, but his Goldfire skin gives him a slightly more threatening appearance. And when he whips out the Golden Hunter Weapon, a pair of highly polished hand cannons, Bumblebee becomes downright dangerous.

Each new weapon can be equipped by any other playable character.

The DLC is confirmed for release on PlayStation Store on November 10, and we assume it'll come to Xbox next week too.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Call of Duty: Black Ops III's Dead Ops Arcade II minigame is batshit crazy

Chicken love

Just like the original Black Ops, there's a hidden arcade game locked within Call of Duty: Black Ops III. It's actually quite easy to access (just select the top-left icon in the video on the mission hub screen), and like its predecessor, it operates a lot like the old school classic Smash TV.

Except this time it's going for a Blood Dragon-esque vibe, complete with a man and chicken relationship, and an evil gorilla. My favorite bit though has to be the first-person mode power-up, seen at the end of the video below. Easter egg spoilers, obviously.

Expect our full review later today.

Dr Dogg

Here was my response to them in the thread:

I know some folks who work in BD at Valve that could probably help them get this set up correctly. But PunishedSnake was probably right yesterday, they're hoping to get a little more money from the "game collectors" and "hardcore fans".

This and the Wolf 09 fiasco always reminds me of this scene from Raiders.

gNvVnI1.gif

And no that wasn't 30 mins worth of faffery.

FloatOn

Then don't buy it.

The graphics are better, even if they aren't great. New character builder, house/base builder, new missions, new story, etc. etc.

Its Fallout. If you played 3 or New Vegas you kind of know what you are getting. I'm excited about it!

just asking a question as I haven't followed it at all.

why are people so emotional about video games?

Ludens

Banned
There is no option for technical reasons to change something. We could delete tier 1 option at all and everyone will "just" get 80 % off and no free copies will be given out but honestly we will not do that. I cannot add anything to that thread any more, everything is explained in the initial and other posts, and if some people here think we are lying at them or whatever (why should we do that, we are giving away HUGE discounts and free copies) although we have made several statements and explanations, this is a discussion of non-heard arguments. But we have read through everything and we will take our thoughts out of this discussion if we are planing something similar in future. It seems that is not always possible to make all people happy - no matter how generous we are with high end discounts and free copies on the restrictions and limitations we are given here on Steam. Unfortunate but we still hope that most of you will see what great offer we are giving to you as the Darksiders fans. Lots of work went into the Deathinitive Edition remake but we did not want to just use a usual low release discount for those who already bought some of the Darksiders II version. Stay tuned. Cheers

Yeah, ok, cheers.

It was asked sarcastically. You said the only thing you noticed it had going for it were new graphics and that even those weren't very good.

It's not like you just asked what was new. Which certainly isn't a big deal but having people speak about anything in a constantly sarcastic or abrasive tone gets annoying after a while.

Chariot

Korra is stressing me out. Finished crying and hurting on normal, but Extreme is really kicking my ass. Arrived at the southpole and getting trashed around like a hiking robot in the USA.

People aren't emotional enough! The graphics talk has gotten everyone worked up, so I think most people aren't keen to talk about it anymore. One thing worth noting that other people don't seem to mention is it looks the game may a few more set piece moments compared to FO3 and Skyrim just based off what is show. In this case what I mean by set piece moments is Liberty Prime stuff in FO3 and Broken Steel and the Helgen attack in Skyrim. I don't have any proof of this, but based on observations of media they've put out it seems that way. It could also be clever editing on Bethesda's part.

FloatOn

It was asked sarcastically. You said the only thing you noticed it had going for it were new graphics and that even those weren't very good.

It's not like you just asked what was new. Which certainly isn't a big deal but having people speak about anything in a constantly sarcastic or abrasive tone gets annoying after a while.

I'll give you that I was being a bit critical since the trailer didn't exactly impress me.

But I was just genuinely hoping that someone would tell me why I should be excited since I hadn't followed the game at all.

Ludens

Banned
Fallout, except the original one and its sequel, never triggered for me. I tried multiple times to play F3 and New Vegas, in F3 the far I went was in the city/ship or whatever it was, can't remember.
Those games, with Skyrim, are just boring to me. I liked Fallout 1 so much, story was simple but interesting, all quest were great, the game was not too short nor too long. I still need to play F2, I started it but I lose three hours of progress when I formatted my PC due to "technical problems".

I need a plot, a need an entertaining world, F3 and NV were just this wasteland, all was lifeless and brown, the plot was non-existent (at least in F3, I barely played NV, maybe three hours, dunno). In skyrim I just did the main quest, all was boring and white, here.

And now, since I spent 130 hours on Witcher 3, is even harder find another rpg good as W3 is.

Maybe I'll get F4 one day, I'm still curious to try it now (I also have it on my wish), but dunno, nothing I NEED here.

Sarcastic and abrasive -- two of my best qualities. :3

It's not necessarily that he was sarcastic intentionally, but more of the negative tone conveyed by what you pointed out with the spoilered comment, I think.

Posters around here tend to operate in extremes. Have a negative opinion of or imply negatives regarding something someone loves, and all hell breaks out. Same if you like something that most people are negative about -- and it just gets tiring. There is no respect of opinions in here and that leads to a lot of these tiresome antics.

Seems about right.

This is the pre-order DLC mate. It's free for EU PSN last I checked, but isn't on US PSN for whatever reason yet

What's PSN got to do with Steam in this case?

This and the Wolf 09 fiasco always reminds me of this scene from Raiders.

gNvVnI1.gif

And no that wasn't 30 mins worth of faffery.

Niiiice.

Has funstock said when they're sending out Blops 3 keys exactly? Just want to make sure it'll happen at launch if I want to trudge through their hellish website again :p

Pre-release I think, but beyond that... who knows.

cause you munch on butt

Case and point.

Yeah I have no clue why it's censored on steam.

Apparently muncher hit the list of banned words because of negative connotations regarding the word? It's rather silly, as it isn't a direct curse word and using it in conjunction with words such as Salsa alluded to isn't really anything worthy of censorship in the first place. :lol

For some reason it's cracking me up every time I see Jawmuncher quoted in the Steam discussions and having his name censored.
Jaw♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hahaha, yeah, I noticed that when I referred to a post of his in that thread. I got a chuckle out of it.

Nuketown is GAME exclusive in the UK but ONLY for retail copies. All digital pre-order copies will have Nuketown. It doesn't take much to realize GMG isn't selling digital copies of the game because they don't have Nuketown. They never explained why they don't have Nuketown, or why their keys will be late, but as I said, it's pretty obvious at this point.

(They are selling retail copies. Whether they open the boxes by hand or get a bunch of retail keys from another source, that's an open question.)

Hrmmm, strange. I think other "not legit" storefronts are giving out codes that do have the Nuketown map... makes you wonder where those keys came from and why GMG doesn't have the same source.

Why not 12 GB of ram? Also, are texture monsters in this year? I loved that halloween pack for Unity.

:crickets:

I'm still pretty pissed about that Darksiders 2 Loyalty Program as well.
I don't even want the damn game, but the handling of the whole situation is shit.

I'll still probably cop the "upgrade" but it will be the last thing I ever give Nordic money for. Checking their IP list, nothing much was lost for me unless they ever attempt to make a Darksiders 3...

Ludens

Banned
Anyway Transformers DLC is not even free on PSN, is free only if you pre-ordered the game, otherwise you can't buy the pack.

Yes, though I must say the last time I bought from Nuuvem they had a different lay out (4 months ago?). Not sure if that changed anything, but I'm assuming not.

(1) It is no longer recommended to pre-order anything from Nuuvem as publishers can now randomly change properties assigned to the key you bought, even after it's activated. JaseC had this happen with Black Ops 3 preorder and had to refund it.

(2) If you add a game to your cart and you don't get a "not available in your region" message, no VPN is needed, you should be able to check out (and redeem) without use of a VPN.

(3) If you get the message that products in your cart are unavailable in your reason, you will have to try a VPN. But if you cannot check out with paypal, it means that they are checking your paypal address for the purchase and denying you based on that. Your only option here is to find someone who lives in the region and is willing to buy the games for you, which you may/may not need a VPN to activate based on the region-locking for the app in steamdb.

I'm still waiting on my copy of Transformers I ordered months ago from Amazon.de

Sounds like a "The Last Guardian" or "FFXIII Versus" situation you've got on your hands there.
Good luck -- hope they hook you up with it eventually, but I've got a feeling somewhere down the line they will just cancel the order on you.

bigzgod

unsure if its allowed, but does nuuvem codes work on steam if you use a vpn?

http://www.nuuvem.com/item/football-manager-2016

Football manager is quite cheap from brazil

Football Manager 2016 is activation locked on steam, which means you'd need to use a VPN to activate the key.

Nuuvem probably won't let you buy it anyway, purely because it's steam region locked, unless your PP address is in Brazil. You'd need someone who actually lives in Brazil to buy it for you.

Ha. After all that bullshit, they didn't even get the discounts right.

20%?
Let me guess. Technical... reasons.
Fsck. off.

Don't bother. I reset my phone and first time using gaf after the reset, I got the popup again. As I mentioned earlier, other people in OT are complaining about the same problem.

It's probably a clever ad -- and since there's no ad-block for mobile browsers (well at least not on any browser on iOS), I think you're out of luck until GAF gets rid of that advertiser...

damn why is he so angry?

did he see the Fallout 4 launch trailer?

He's angry cause of Nordic's loyalty program.

Backlogger

I'm actually not and maybe I misinterpreted your comment but it seems like there are a lot of people who are trying to get people who are excited about the game to hate OR to somehow diminish the opinions of those who are excited about it.

My only point was:

I'm not going to sit here and try to convince people it has great graphics and its going to be GOTY. I really don't care if others like it or not. On the flip side I don't think others should try to diminish other's excitement about the game by saying the graphics suck or the dialogue sucks or whatever. Those people shouldn't care if others like it or not.

I would say that people (with regards to Fallout 4) are not emotional, but rather pretty irrational in both camps.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Good news guys! 20% off of Deathinitive Version.

So all of you who already own all the DLC can have your +1 for less than 30 dollars!

Ludens

Banned
Good news guys! 20% off of Deathinitive Version.

So all of you who already own all the DLC can have your +1 for less than 30 dollars!

Funny thing is, if I click on that page I get an advertisement for a 70% discount...on THQ Complete Pack.

Also, Batman AK got a patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom