• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely a licence check oversight.

If they knew how to do license checks, then everyone who had all dlc from the amazon.com franchise pack and forward would be getting it added to their library.

But that's not possible due to "technical reasons."

Can someone access the Darksiders 2 Vanilla community hub? The game is gone from Steam, now.

Nope, it's all gone -- you can't get to the store pages for things like the soundtrack or the dlc either.

Eila

Are you sure you own it already? It's only in its own sub and the new Franchise Pack that Nordic released mere minutes ago. If you own the DE, then you should be seeing 80% off.

I own DE and it shows as 20% off to me as well. Bought the Darksiders Pack back in Winter Sale 2012.
hmjPBJB.png

It also shows as not owned here :/

Can someone access the Darksiders 2 Vanilla community hub? The game is gone from Steam, now.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/50650/

FloatOn

I'm actually not and maybe I misinterpreted your comment but it seems like there are a lot of people who are trying to get people who are excited about the game to hate OR to somehow diminish the opinions of those who are excited about it.

My only point was:

I'm not going to sit here and try to convince people it has great graphics and its going to be GOTY. I really don't care if others like it or not. On the flip side I don't think others should try to diminish other's excitement about the game by saying the graphics suck or the dialogue sucks or whatever. Those people shouldn't care if others like it or not.

I would say that people (with regards to Fallout 4) are not emotional, but rather pretty irrational in both camps.

yeah that's fine

people are entitled to like what they like. I'm just hoping the game is more than a reskinned fallout 3.

some people mentioned that there is jetpacks and base building. I like both of those things. I'm also hearing that the shooting is better. If this is true that will help my excitement immensely.

All I want from fallout is good shooting and new vegas style writing. IF both of those things happen for fallout 4 I'm all in.

Eternia

Actually apparently the 80% off for Darksiders 2 only applies if you bought the game via steam. If you got Darksiders 2 and everything else form retail keys apparently you get only 20%.
Maybe I didn't have a low enough opinion on some of the vultures that picked up the remains of THQ.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, it shows in my library and says so on the store page. I just double checked my library and it looks like I didn't own all the individual parts, just the franchise pack. So I guess that's why.

If you mean the Franchise Pack that the DE was added to, I have that myself. The only Franchise Pack the DE OST is in is the one Nordic released ~40 minutes ago.

Edit: Err, never mind. I thought lashman linked to the OST.

As expected.

ArjanN

Actually apparently the 80% off for Darksiders 2 only applies if you bought the game via steam. If you got Darksiders 2 and everything else form retail keys apparently you get only 20%.

Wrong.

I got Darksiders 2 off Steam and it only shows the 20% discount.

Clearly just buggy.

Lomax

Honestly though, one thing this Nordic fiasco points out is that clearly Valve doesn't work well enough with its partners to let them know how the Steam store actually works. Nordic is a pretty large publisher and the fact that they have completely screwed this up from top to bottom not only falls on them, but also on Valve, who should have a role in helping their partners use the store in the best fashion.

Ludens

Banned

So Valve can work on that 80% off, but no way to grant all users their copy, uhu? Ok, I believe it.

Honestly though, one thing this Nordic fiasco points out is that clearly Valve doesn't work well enough with its partners to let them know how the Steam store actually works. Nordic is a pretty large publisher and the fact that they have completely screwed this up from top to bottom not only falls on them, but also on Valve, who should have a role in helping their partners use the store in the best fashion.

Sorry, I honestly don't believe Nordic at all. Expecially when Square did the right thing with Deus Ex Human Revolution, From too with DS2 Sins, Van Helsing final Cut etc.
The fact is they don't want provide the free game to all users, otherwise from yesterday they would fix the issue.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Agreed. I even offered the suggestion that they get an new BD rep since obviously the person they are in contact with doesn't have a clue as to what's going on. The thing is, partner support at Valve is a lot like customer support at Valve - you might get lucky and have your issue taken care of before it's an issue, and you might get stuck with a rep that doesn't really care or won't go the extra mile to help you out.

1) 100% cosmetic 2) yes but I only ever use the server browser, works great for finding empty spots 3) no, community is one of the best except when a level 0 scrub decides to jump into a high difficulty match, don't do that 4) even on normal a bad team won't make it far but pick one class and keep at it, leveling up is important but so is learning how to play

Awesome. Thanks, dude. Now watch the game not go on sale for autumn / Aussie spring.

All I want from fallout is good shooting and new vegas style writing. IF both of those things happen for fallout 4 I'm all in.

Supposedly, the gunplay was modeled after Destiny, so regardless of if that's a good or bad thing, it at least shows some work being done on that front.

The writing remains to be seen.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yes, though I must say the last time I bought from Nuuvem they had a different lay out (4 months ago?). Not sure if that changed anything, but I'm assuming not.

So I'd just use a VPN to buy the code and redeem it and it'll work fine after that?

aw350

Banned
So I'd just use a VPN to buy the code and redeem it and it'll work fine after that?

Folks say some games started checking whether you are in the region used for the purchase on launch. Plus that they can turn it on *after* you purchase (and play normally for some time, if I got it right).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

This isn't true, I bought it on steam (pre-ordered it even) and have the 20% discount.

22389808327_dc33c422f5_o.png

GaussTek

Darksiders II DE is 80% for me, bought it from the Steam store last year, without any DLC.

And, it's actually like ~$3 USD in the mexican store LOL.

jshackles

80% discount is live for me now. Think I'll buy and idle just to leave a negative review. Will probably refund in two weeks, but this kind of crap needs to spill over into something that will actually affect their bottom line.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Folks say some games started checking whether you are in the region used for the purchase on launch. Plus that they can turn it on *after* you purchase (and play normally for some time, if I got it right).

Yes, you might need to use VPN for redeeming Steam if it's region-locked. Don't worry, that is safe as well.

Thanks for your help guys, I'll purchase it now :)

Red Hood

Banned

When I last bought something there, yes. But still, I encourage you to read this following quote:

(1) It is no longer recommended to pre-order anything from Nuuvem as publishers can now randomly change properties assigned to the key you bought, even after it's activated. JaseC had this happen with Black Ops 3 preorder and had to refund it.

(2) If you add a game to your cart and you don't get a "not available in your region" message, no VPN is needed, you should be able to check out (and redeem) without use of a VPN.

(3) If you get the message that products in your cart are unavailable in your reason, you will have to try a VPN. But if you cannot check out with paypal, it means that they are checking your paypal address for the purchase and denying you based on that. Your only option here is to find someone who lives in the region and is willing to buy the games for you, which you may/may not need a VPN to activate based on the region-locking for the app in steamdb.

If I were you I'd first buy something very cheap, a 1$ game or whatever cheapest thing Nuvvem has, and if that checks out for you without any problems, I don't see why other purchases should.

zkylon

zkylewd
80% discount is live for me now. Think I'll buy and idle just to leave a negative review. Will probably refund in two weeks, but this kind of crap needs to spill over into something that will actually affect their bottom line.
activism has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom