• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nordic Games finally responded in the Steam discussions about people being upset about the Darksiders II upgrade:

Nordic Games [developer] 9 minutes ago

There is no option for technical reasons to change something. We could delete tier 1 option at all and everyone will "just" get 80 % off and no free copies will be given out but honestly we will not do that. I cannot add anything to that thread any more, everything is explained in the initial and other posts, and if some people here think we are lying at them or whatever (why should we do that, we are giving away HUGE discounts and free copies) although we have made several statements and explanations, this is a discussion of non-heard arguments. But we have read through everything and we will take our thoughts out of this discussion if we are planing something similar in future. It seems that is not always possible to make all people happy - no matter how generous we are with high end discounts and free copies on the restrictions and limitations we are given here on Steam. Unfortunate but we still hope that most of you will see what great offer we are giving to you as the Darksiders fans. Lots of work went into the Deathinitive Edition remake but we did not want to just use a usual low release discount for those who already bought some of the Darksiders II version. Stay tuned. Cheers

Even if I could afford a full price game right now I'd probably wait on F4. After TW3 and MGSV (which I only finished yesterday) I need a break from these massive open worlds.
I'm busy with TITS anyway and I need to scrap together the money for Yakuza 5 which should the be the nail in the coffin for my gaming budget for the rest of the year with the possible exception of some game on my wishlist becoming dirt cheap during the steam winter sale.

Salsa

I remember someone asking me why I comment on news in here rather than the actual game thread

GF7QlWP.png

steam thread safehaven

Monooboe

Nordic Games finally responded in the Steam discussions about people being upset about the Darksiders II upgrade:

I don't know... at first I was fine with the 80% as I only have DS1 and DS2 so either way I wouldn't get it free, I even put in money into steam to get the new version. BUT not giving it free to those who have DS2 and at least season pass is kind of sucky, so might not get it now, in pure protest and solidarity.

Sajjaja

Does the Deathinitive Edition come with higher res textures? The low res textures really annoyed me when I played 2.

TBH I don't really care, I think 80% off is a generous enough discount.

madjoki

They said that before too, but it doesn't really explain why others can do it but Nordic can't.
I'd love to hear technical explanation.

Dr Dogg

In Hines Sight needs to become a euphemism for pubs citing 'technical reason' so they can wriggle their way out of answering questions.

Also I see that morningbus image 'quoting' disease is spreading.

I'm totally fine with that. I got an all new Xbox and Halo 5 to tide me over until tomorrow.

Gross. :)

Can't say it doesn't deserve it. But let's not get into that. There are only so many times I can wirte the same thing lol.

Grabbed RE Code Veronica from the PSN sale since I've given up waiting for a steam release. Hadn't played it since it launched on the Dreamcast.
RE fans who don't like it are crazy.

It doesn't deserve it.

People love and praise FFX which is FFXIII on the PS2 without an interesting battle system and more annoying/poorly designed characters than just about anyone in XIII. I will gladly take Vanille and Sazh over Wakka.

FFX was one of the most disappointing games in the series after the spectacular run of VII-IX. And when FFXIII ends up being a repeat of the game in terms of being ridiculously linear for a good part of the game, people throw up their arms and rage. FFXIII's story might have been some random jibberish for the most part, but I'll take that any day over the world of FFX. :p

But then again, opinions. ;)

Wow. They just don't care...

They said that before too, but it doesn't really explain why others can do it but Nordic can't.

Me too.

chronomac

My thinking on the Darksiders 2 upgrade is this: if you think it's a big enough upgrade to be worth your time (ie. you go back, re-download it and replay it), then asking for a couple bucks seems more than reasonable. If you don't think it's a big upgrade, seeing as how the edition that's on Steam now runs at 60 FPS, then don't get in a big fuss over it. Move on with your life.

Black Ops 3 seems pretty amazing outside of ditching the incredibly neat and subtle branching from Blops 2. Is GMG the best place to grab it?

FloatOn

what improvements has fallout 4 made from new vegas or even 3?

besides fancy graphics I can't even tell

the visuals don't look that good to me

Black Ops 3 seems pretty amazing outside of ditching the incredibly neat and subtle branching from Blops 2. Is GMG the best place to grab it?

Not if you want to know when they're going to send out keys. ;)

Unsure if it was debunked or not about the Nuketown DLC exclusivity in the UK... I saw lashbot post something but didn't click it to investigate.

So yeah, GMG, maybe, if you want it for $40ish and don't mind risking a "late" key delivery and the lack of Nuketown.

Sajjaja

My thinking on the Darksiders 2 upgrade is this: if you think it's a big enough upgrade to be worth your time (ie. you go back, re-download it and replay it), then asking for a couple bucks seems more than reasonable. If you don't think it's a big upgrade, seeing as how the edition that's on Steam now runs at 60 FPS, then don't get in a big fuss over it. Move on with your life.

I concur.

Lingitiz

The shooting actually looks quite good this time around, for one. They had id consult on the mechanics and a veteran designer from Bungie on the game.

Kaleinc

Banned
Does the Deathinitive Edition come with higher res textures? The low res textures really annoyed me when I played 2.

TBH I don't really care, I think 80% off is a generous enough discount.
The original textures were run through tharpen filter and that's that.
It's 5th already and where is DE, dirty nordic liars.

Jawmuncher

I'm still pretty pissed about that Darksiders 2 Loyalty Program as well.
I don't even want the damn game, but the handling of the whole situation is shit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Here was my response to them in the thread:

Thank you for your response. However, you must realize that you are losing a lot of goodwill with the game's most dedicated fans with this decision.

Have you attempted to reach out to a different business dev agent at Valve or another Steamworks partner in this case? The "technical reasons" you're being told aren't actually restrictions put in place by Valve. As others have pointed out, it's entirely possible (from a technical standpoint) to give the game to people who own the content of the "Franchise Pack", not just those who purchased that particular pack on Steam. You must understand after seeing this discussion board filled to the brim with people asking if they're eligible that there is a huge amount of confusion over this. My guess is that the majority of people who own all of the DLC think they'll be eligible (based on your wording in the announcement) but are, in fact, not. These fans will be the next wave of disappointment on this board when they thought they were promised something for free and end up being asked to pay for it.

If you need any assistance or would like help getting in touch with someone at Valve who can assist you with implementing this correctly, feel free to reach out and I'll do what I can.

I know some folks who work in BD at Valve that could probably help them get this set up correctly. But PunishedSnake was probably right yesterday, they're hoping to get a little more money from the "game collectors" and "hardcore fans".

Lomax

In a way, Nordic's decision makes sense. After all, the people that bought Darksiders at full price gave that money to THQ, not Nordic. Whereas a larger portion of the sale priced bundles went to Nordic. Either way, I give it six months tops before the new version is in a bundle.

Not if you want to know when they're going to send out keys. ;)

Unsure if it was debunked or not about the Nuketown DLC exclusivity in the UK... I saw lashbot post something but didn't click it to investigate.

So yeah, GMG, maybe, if you want it for $40ish and don't mind risking a "late" key delivery and the lack of Nuketown.
Does funstock send keys instantly? Seems to be 44 there

Jawmuncher

Here was my response to them in the thread:

I know some folks who work in BD at Valve that could probably help them get this set up correctly. But PunishedSnake was probably right yesterday, they're hoping to get a little more money from the "game collectors" and "hardcore fans".

They can get bent, they aren't seeing a dime from me.

Hektor

That F4 trailer is probably the most uninspired thing Bethesda could come up with.

That said, i really liked the design of the robots and that pirate ghoul.

jshackles

They can get bent, they aren't seeing a dime from me.

Same. Which is a shame for them, since I was honestly considering the PS4 release.

I think he was dressed in American Revolution attire

Backlogger

Then don't buy it.

The graphics are better, even if they aren't great. New character builder, house/base builder, new missions, new story, etc. etc.

Its Fallout. If you played 3 or New Vegas you kind of know what you are getting. I'm excited about it!

That F4 trailer is probably the most uninspired thing Bethesda could come up with.

Really? As someone excited for the game I thought it was awesome. I won't try to change your opinion though. I can see why people don't like the game from what they have seen and that's just fine with me.

Hektor

I think he was dressed in American Revolution attire

Was he? That'd be a little bit less cool then. But still cool.

Really? As someone excited for the game I thought it was awesome. I won't try to change your opinion though. I can see why people don't like the game from what they have seen and that's just fine with me.

I was really only talking about the trailer. I didnt actually watched any streams whatsoever, so i can get mostly unspoiled into the game.
I still hope that its going to be good, tho i already gave up on hoping for a proper Roleplaying game from the moment they first showed the new talk-menu, but i still think it could be a cool action game.

Ludens

Banned
I'm still pretty pissed about that Darksiders 2 Loyalty Program as well.
I don't even want the damn game, but the handling of the whole situation is shit.

Maybe they'll do us a surprise and in a couple of minutes we'll find DS2 Definitive in our library....nah.

AHA-Lambda

Considering people keep asking, best for Black Ops 3 is still Funstock ($44, £29) and they will deliver for launch and include Nuketown, which GMG will not.

jshackles

Was he? That'd be a little bit less cool then. But still cool.

Well the game takes place in Boston and a lot of the imagery comes from local monuments and such that commemorate the Revolutionary War. Of course, a lot of the dress that people typically associate with "pirates" comes from the same era and looks pretty similar so it's hard to say for sure in this case.

abracadaver

I bought a new 500GB SSD and want to install it later today.

Whats the easiest way to copy my steam games over without having to use some tool?

I wanted to do the following:

1. Create steam folder on the SSD
2. Copy game from HDD steam folder into the SSD steam folder
3. uninstall the game from steam (making it delete the files from the HDD)
4. install the game in steam to the SSD (it should then detect that the files are already there and not download anything)

Is that how you do it?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC Specs revealed

Today Ubisoft announced the PC specs for Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, which will be available on November 19. Below are the system requirements in full.

Minumum

Supported OS
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10(64bit versions)
Processor
Intel Core i5 2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz

RAM
6GB or more for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)

DirectX
DirectX June 2010 Redistributable

Sound
DirectX compatible sound card with latest drivers

Recommended

Supported OS
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
Processor
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz

RAM
8GB

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (4GB) or the newer GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB) or better

DirectX
DirectX June 2010 Redistributable

Sound
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

Hard Drive
50 GB available space

Technical note from the developer: For a recommended experience, the game requires a video card with at least 3GB of VRAM when playing at a full HD resolution. While we encourage you to fiddle with the advanced options to fully customize your gaming experience, please keep an eye out for the VRAM meter usage when you adjust these settings.

Backlogger

I bought a new 500GB SSD and want to install it later today.

Whats the easiest way to copy my steam games over without having to use some tool?

I wanted to do the following:

1. Create steam folder on the SSD
2. Copy game from HDD steam folder into the SSD steam folder
3. uninstall the game from steam (making it delete the files from the HDD)
4. install the game in steam to the SSD (it should then detect that the files are already there and not download anything)

Is that how you do it?

I know you said you didn't want to use a tool but Paragon's Migrate OS to SSD software makes it so easy its worth the investment.

Edit: Oh, nvm, you are just moving Steam, not the entire OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom